The significance of the ravenhill SPOILERS

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Sep 15 2014, 10:53am

Post #1 of 7 (2442 views)
Shortcut
The significance of the ravenhill SPOILERS Can't Post

Hi there

Judging by the photos and the importance ravenhill is getting in the trailer and some promo photos I feel that the battle is gonna have some states as I said before. Ii dont know in wich order but the final rush could be there

Some icy ruins when those photos appeared where we can see Thorin fighting a mocap actor playing I think its Azog. He could be killed there as the dwarves are in ravenhill learning of Smaugs fate. Then they go back to the mountain and Bolg play as in the book.

Iim not sure of any of this but that place is gonna be important and I feel that some of the deaths we are fearing are gonna take place there

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true

Survivor to the battle for the fifth trailer

boldog
Rohan

Sep 15 2014, 10:57am

Post #2 of 7 (1975 views)
Shortcut
I was thinking that too! [In reply to] Can't Post

Ravenhill, is where stuff is going to go down, in the next film. Its gonna be the home to some powerful scenes, thats for sure

I believe that Azog and Bolg are possibly the only two orcs who may be an exception to the typical evil nature of an orc. Azog had brought up his son, well enough that he actually acknowledges him as his own son. That is a first for any orc. And Bolg sets out to march upon Erebor in vengeance of his fathers death. How many orcs will Try and avenge another dead orc? Most will just forget about the dead one. This gives me hope that Orcs, have some traits of good in them, even if it is small aspects.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Sep 15 2014, 11:45am

Post #3 of 7 (1945 views)
Shortcut
Maybe; maybe not... [In reply to] Can't Post

In the book, Ravenhill is quite a distance from the Front Gate--several hours walk, in fact. On the other hand, that is also where Gandalf and Bilbo were during the Battle of Five Armies; and it is also where the Wood-elves made their stand.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Sep 15 2014, 12:27pm

Post #4 of 7 (1920 views)
Shortcut
in movies it seems to be closer [In reply to] Can't Post

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true

Survivor to the battle for the fifth trailer

Bombadil
Half-elven

Sep 15 2014, 3:07pm

Post #5 of 7 (1875 views)
Shortcut
May IT be? Maybe, Kinda Sorta.. [In reply to] Can't Post

That the TIP of Miramar
Peninsula? a
PART of the Dale set was kept under-wraps
as a portion of Ravenhill?

Bombybelieves in a Tent on Ravenhill
is Where they get the Arkenstone before the Battle

AND after the Battle, this is where Thorin dies?

Seems Dale is where Most of the fighting will be done...

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Sep 15 2014, 7:56pm

Post #6 of 7 (1786 views)
Shortcut
It might be... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
in movies it seems to be closer

Maybe. It's hard to say until TH:BotFA is actually released. Part of that might just be the tendency in film to skip ahead.

Tolkien places Ravenhill at the end of the great southern spur of Lonely Mountain, south and west of Dale. It also has Thorin, Fili and Kili falling in or near the ruins of Dale.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Sep 15 2014, 8:01pm)

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Sep 15 2014, 8:15pm

Post #7 of 7 (1926 views)
Shortcut
Map of Lonely Mountain [In reply to] Can't Post

Remember that Dwarvish maps point up to East, not North. Ravenhill is marked at the same location on Thorin's map in the movies--I checked.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.