Any news about a second trailer
Any news at all ?

TheHutt
Gondor

Sep 15 2014, 11:18am

Post #2 of 12 (535 views)
Shortcut
There is a fan contest... [In reply to] Can't Post

...and tomorrow, some exclusive artwork might be revealed.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Booklet - Custom Booklet Project

dormouse
Half-elven

Sep 15 2014, 11:21am

Post #3 of 12 (603 views)
Shortcut
Trailer is supposed to be due in October.... [In reply to] Can't Post

The first of the tie-in books - the kids' puzzle book - came out last week; the rest are due in November.

The competition for a trip to Wellington to see the film is up and running now.

Here's the news thread.

Everything will happen in good time. Patience, grasshopper......

Rickster
Rohan

Sep 15 2014, 1:19pm

Post #4 of 12 (617 views)
Shortcut
that is pure horror [In reply to] Can't Post

I already wrote here that some of my friends died earlier this year.
We are old and one by one we fall.
It is unfair that these movies are only made for those who were teenagers 10 years ago
So many who loved the story have not been able to see it all

BlackFox
Half-elven

Sep 15 2014, 1:24pm

Post #5 of 12 (519 views)
Shortcut
We have a saying in Estonian [In reply to] Can't Post

Kes kannatab, see kaua elab. He who is patient, shall live long. Tongue

Arannir
Valinor

Sep 15 2014, 1:45pm

Post #6 of 12 (497 views)
Shortcut
That is tragic, not unfair. [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry if I sound cold or harsh here.

But that is how movies are done... and Bot5A is not the only blockbuster right now which seems to focus its big marketing campaign to the last 2 months before release.

There will surely be a trailer and more info on the EE over the next 4 weeks, with a trailer for Bot5A probably arriving before the end of October. More magazines will probably also publish Hobbit related stuff over that timeframe.

So plenty of stuff to spend time on. Until then it is probably better to focus on what is already there and maybe re-watch old material instead of picturing horror scenarios of what could happen before Bot5A is released. It is "just" a movie, after all.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Sep 15 2014, 1:46pm)

dormouse
Half-elven

Sep 15 2014, 2:47pm

Post #7 of 12 (445 views)
Shortcut
It's hard that you have lost friends, and I'm sorry for it... [In reply to] Can't Post

But that doesn't alter the fact. The films are made for everyone who wants to see them, of any age, but the one thing the filmmakers cannot do is make plans according to who might die before they're released. It just isn't possible.

Think about it - a child might die from illness or accident - a teenager might die, while more people live to be centanarians year on year. There are no certainties. We're all here while we're here to make the best of the time we have and that's so much bigger than the timing of any film. It's an awful lot more than ten years since I was a teenager and I hope I'm still around to enjoy the film when it comes out, but if I'm not, I'm not. That's just tough, and it's hardly Peter Jackson's fault. (And I'm not planning to go anywhere just yet! Wink )

I sit beside the fire and think of how the world will be
When winter comes without a spring that I shall ever see
For still there are so many things that I have never seen
In every wood in every spring there is a different green.....

Avandel
Half-elven

Sep 15 2014, 2:51pm

Post #8 of 12 (437 views)
Shortcut
You do have a point tho [In reply to] Can't Post

In that 1) evidently the press got to see a rough cut of BOFA months agoShocked and 2) these books and movies that drag on and on before release can be a problem. I have no answers but wish the time lag wasn't in years - it's hard when you care about the material and it brings so much joy.

Hó , Það sé ég föður minn
Hó , Það sé ég móður mína, og Hó, Það sé ég bræður mínir og systur mínar
Hó , Það sé ég mitt fólk aftur í byrjun
Hó, gera Þeir kalla til mín, og bjóða mér að taka minn stað meðal þeirra í sölum Valhallar
Hvar hugrakkir mun lifa að eilífu

dormouse
Half-elven

Sep 15 2014, 3:03pm

Post #9 of 12 (430 views)
Shortcut
And before long we'll all be realising... [In reply to] Can't Post

...that it's all over, we've seen the last film and EE apart, there won't be any more of film Middle Earth to look forward to.

Enjoy the anticipation while it lasts - it's not long now.

Bombadil
Half-elven

Sep 15 2014, 3:27pm

Post #10 of 12 (426 views)
Shortcut
Bomby thinkzz THIS izz the BEST of Times! [In reply to] Can't Post

WE have SOoo.MUCH. to review?

Can watch or Read the LOTR
Can watch or Read TH...

Can Watch Videos like The Production diaries...
Can DO sooo many THINGIES

Like Create a Costume for the Opening..
Go somewhere you fell iz very MiddleEARTHY
shoot some pix, and share them here on Off Topic
Write some FanFIC?

etc...Spread out your Focus!

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Darkstone
Immortal

Sep 15 2014, 3:38pm

Post #11 of 12 (441 views)
Shortcut
You need to find that person who told you life was fair... [In reply to] Can't Post

...and give them a good swift kick in the pants.

Suddenly the king cried to Snowmane and the horse sprang away. Behind him his banner blew in the wind, white horse upon a field of green, but he outpaced it. After him thundered the knights of his house, but he was ever before them. Éomer rode there, the white horsetail on his helm floating in his speed, and the front of the first éored roared like a breaker foaming to the shore, but Théoden could not be overtaken. Fey he seemed, or the battle-fury of his fathers ran like new fire in his veins, and he was borne up on Snowmane like a god of old, even as Oromë the Great in the battle of the Valar when the world was young. His golden shield was uncovered, and lo! it shone like an image of the Sun, and the grass flamed into green about the white feet of his steed. For morning came, morning and a wind from the sea; and the darkness was removed, and the hosts of Mordor wailed, and terror took them, and they fled, and died, and the hoofs of wrath rode over them. And then all the host of Rohan burst into song, and they sang as they slew, for the joy of battle was on them, and the sound of their singing that was fair and terrible came even to the City:

There's a Great Darkness over the Pelennor,
There's a Great Darkness over the Pelennor!
Our spears’ nowhere as high as an Oliphaunt’s eye,
And the field’s full of orcs, wargs and huge Olog-hai!

Oh what a Rohirrim morning,
Oh what a Rohirrim day!
We've got a wonderful feeling,
We shall kill thousands today!

Oh, we’ll kill us some Easterling Variags,
And know we’re not given to idle brags,
We’ll battle and vanquish the Black Serpent King,
And even an undying dwimmerlaik thing!

Oh what a Rohirrim morning,
Oh what a Rohirrim day!
We've got a wonderful feeling,
We shall kill thousands today!

-Rodgers and Hammerstein, The Lord of the Rings

Bumblingidiot
Rohan

Sep 16 2014, 9:51pm

Post #12 of 12 (303 views)
Shortcut
The way I see it [In reply to] Can't Post

we're only three quarters through this twelve film series, with three films still to come - two of them in the next three months. I'm particularly looking forward to the next one, which is only 6 weeks away (?) - some of my favourite bits from the books will finally make it to film, hopefully.

Possibly even a thirteenth film to come, if PJ decides to do an ultimate edit of the whole lot at some stage...I'm really looking forward to watching the 20+ hour finished product, in chronological order, which will be a different experience again.

"Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.