*Gets ready to dive into teapot.....* // [In reply to] Can't Post

cats16
Half-elven

Sep 14 2014, 10:33am

Post #77 of 111 (1276 views)
Shortcut
30. Incessantly, 31. regretted, 32. Bill Murray. // [In reply to] Can't Post

footer_gandalf photo footer_gandalf_zps83805ed7.jpg

Come party right now in the Hobbit movie forum, as we celebrate one year's worth of CHOW discussion of the films. Hope to see you there!

cats16
Half-elven

Sep 14 2014, 10:34am

Post #78 of 111 (1275 views)
Shortcut
Woo! Almost done with the last one. :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

footer_gandalf photo footer_gandalf_zps83805ed7.jpg

Come party right now in the Hobbit movie forum, as we celebrate one year's worth of CHOW discussion of the films. Hope to see you there!

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Sep 14 2014, 12:54pm

Post #79 of 111 (1280 views)
Shortcut
This does it for #3. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll put it together this afternoon, and hopefully #2 will be done by then. If so I'll post all four tomorrow! Keep it up!

Call me Rem, and remember, not all who ramble are lost...Uh...where was I?

BlackFox
Half-elven

Sep 14 2014, 1:13pm

Post #80 of 111 (1269 views)
Shortcut
#69 - chipmunk, #70 - monstrous, #71 - embarrassing // [In reply to] Can't Post

dormouse
Half-elven

Sep 14 2014, 3:46pm

Post #81 of 111 (1265 views)
Shortcut
Lib#2 ... 17. Miss Piggy 18. squelchy 20. puce [In reply to] Can't Post

The Grey Elf
Grey Havens

Sep 14 2014, 4:01pm

Post #82 of 111 (1267 views)
Shortcut
Lib #2 - 63. cranky 64. wench 65. Bardollo Bricklewort // [In reply to] Can't Post

dormouse
Half-elven

Sep 14 2014, 5:19pm

Post #83 of 111 (1268 views)
Shortcut
Lib#2 ... 42. Richard Armitage 51. smoulder 66.lavender // [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by dormouse on Sep 14 2014, 5:20pm)

BlackFox
Half-elven

Sep 14 2014, 5:26pm

Post #84 of 111 (1255 views)
Shortcut
#39 - Marilyn Monroe, #43 - Bruce Willis, #44 - jovial // [In reply to] Can't Post

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 14 2014, 10:52pm

Post #85 of 111 (1245 views)
Shortcut
Lib #2 - 47. bobbles 48. jiggle 49. shimmery // [In reply to] Can't Post

Silverlode

Want a LOTR Anniversary footer of your own? Get one here!

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zâram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nâla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dűm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Sep 15 2014, 1:11am

Post #86 of 111 (1259 views)
Shortcut
Update #2 List of needed words for Lib# 2 (Reply to this post, please) [In reply to] Can't Post

28.Adj

45. Noun

50. Liquid

52. Plural noun
53. Adj ending in –est
54. Verb ending in –ing

57. Plural Noun
58. Noun
59. Adj
60. Adj

62. Adj

67. Piece of armour
68. Adj

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Sep 15 2014, 1:16am

Post #87 of 111 (1242 views)
Shortcut
28. albino 45. knickknack 50. mochachino // [In reply to] Can't Post

“Tollers,” Lewis said to Tolkien, “there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves.”

The Grey Elf
Grey Havens

Sep 15 2014, 2:09am

Post #88 of 111 (1243 views)
Shortcut
67. Gauntlet 68. Styrofoam // [In reply to] Can't Post

cats16
Half-elven

Sep 15 2014, 2:22am

Post #89 of 111 (1238 views)
Shortcut
52. Wizards, 53. burliest, 54. eloping. // [In reply to] Can't Post

footer_thorin photo footer_thorin_zps067fe8d9.jpg

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 15 2014, 2:50am

Post #90 of 111 (1232 views)
Shortcut
57. trampolines, 58. lampshade, 59. fluffy // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 15 2014, 4:15am

Post #91 of 111 (1246 views)
Shortcut
Lib #2 - 60. humdrum 62. ticklish // [In reply to] Can't Post

Silverlode

Want a LOTR Anniversary footer of your own? Get one here!

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zâram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nâla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dűm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Sep 15 2014, 5:23pm

Post #92 of 111 (1231 views)
Shortcut
Update #3 One more word needed for Lib# 2 [In reply to] Can't Post

Well folks, it looks like were done here, however I forgot to list one word!!! Crazy Tongue

So..... I need a Noun to round things out. Feel free to laugh, but don't forget to help me out! Laugh

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Sep 15 2014, 5:26pm

Post #93 of 111 (1234 views)
Shortcut
Forgetfulness [In reply to] Can't Post

Angelic
(Well, it's a noun, Rem! Wink)

“Tollers,” Lewis said to Tolkien, “there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves.”

(This post was edited by Riven Delve on Sep 15 2014, 5:29pm)

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Sep 15 2014, 5:38pm

Post #94 of 111 (1227 views)
Shortcut
Touche! [In reply to] Can't Post

And I'll have the Libs up in a bit! Tongue

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Sep 15 2014, 5:44pm

Post #95 of 111 (1262 views)
Shortcut
Here they are!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hobbits
Hobbits are bloviated creatures. Slurpily feeble, they are seldom seen by Humans. 2107 feet high, with exactlier ears and Burbage-esque feet, they hyperventilate when near sponges. The typical Hobbit’s favourite things include: tangerines, phantasmagoric felines, and only the pinkest Oakenminxes will do. However, they have almost no use for banana peels and the most rotund tool they possess, a typewriter, is used as an exoskeleton. They are not particularly warm between the ears, but nor are they counted among the cockamamie. However, there are no finer people to call fortune cookies if you wish to live a new-fangled life.

An Unexpected TORn party
It happened just before dinner time. Alice B. Tulkas had just sat down to enjoy a nice chubby zeptobyte, when the asymptote tripped the doorbell. Opening the front door, she found Mister Rogers--of all people—kissing the porch and standing there with his dreamy nose and numerous wigs. Not wanting to be rude, he was stealthily invited in and proceeded to slurp up Alice’s frog. Giddily recovering from the shock, the shoe-scraper hiccupped, and this time it was Rembrethil, with his barbaric garb, covered in sequins, and yellow hair. Making their way to the boudoir, they made themselves at home. Lollygagging to the door once more revealed that both J.R.R. Tolkien and George W. Bush –the fluffiest of the evening’s guests—had eloped together. J.R.R. let Alice take his pair of sprinkles, after warning him how albino they were, while George admired her vintage cheese. The doorbell then range very incessantly, and poor Alice, quite out of sorts, regretted seeing Bill Murray and found 8 more kilts and a pile of forgetfulness on his floor. Flopsy, Mopsy, Cottontail, Miss Pumblechook, Marilyn Monroe, Winnie-the-Pooh, Mr. Spock, Richard Armitage, and Bruce Willis had finally arrived. It was quite a jovial gathering. Richard set himself down with a few knickknacks, taking special interest in a spy-glass, while Flopsy and Mopsy brought in extra bobbles to jiggle on. Miss Pumblechook, shimmery as ever, made a pot of mochachino, and Marilyn, the rascal, took the opportunity to smoulder with some wizards. Winnie-the-Pooh, the burliest of the bunch, was only able to communicate by eloping with them, due to an unfortunate accident involving a platypus. Mr. Spock was fascinated by all the tribbles and trampolines around, but couldn’t quite figure out the purpose of a lampshade. Cottontail, normally fluffy and humdrum, was unable to pursue his hobby of time-travelling, but in the middle of the meal, gained attention by letting out the most ticklish belch. Bruce took the time to survey the cranky scene, and soon found that there was one wench missing, Bardollo Bricklewort Lavender-gauntlet. He had not long to wait, for soon a Styrofoam knock was heard. Not bothering to use a chipmunk, he made his presence known in monstrous style, befitting an embarrassing pitchfork. Little did Alice know, but the arrival of these hapless guests would mark the start of a strange new rhubarb in her life.

A Nasty Surprise
It had been a long day. After chiraling for a bentrazillion hours, the Company halted. Sending Harold Hamgravy and Iggy Azalea to keep watch over their sea urchins, the rest of the company married for the night. After a fire was started, Bombur started to cook some fabulous cuckoo clocks for supper. When it was finished, the rest of the dwarves told Mr.Bigglesworth to take some of the sassy food to the two on watch-duty. Sighing sloppily, he agreed, and picked up their food and some carbuncles, their corpulent snack, and greased his way under the Forest of Infallibility. After several minutes, he finally made it to the place where the two beachcombers were. When he officiated them, they did not pinch; but continued to flail peevishly. Looking around, Harold saw the reason for their wobbly behaviour. Stilts were thrown around the clearing and there was a bathroom scale that looked like it had been flopped on by a gargoyle. Consulting together abruptly, both Harold and Iggy agreed that the resident costume designer, Mr. Bigglesworth was the edgiest person to send to investigate. ‘Gorge 27 million times like Groot then whack something like a sinful BlackFox if you get into any trouble!’ Shuffled off, Bigglesworth did not have the time to twiddle, and had no choice but to move forward. Crossing over the next four-leafed clover and looking down, he saw the most frivolous sight. Three sticky chookypigs were sheep-shearing daintily and twiddling over a large umbrella. Their earlobes were flamboyant and their octopi were toothsome. They were stealthily discussing the best way to choke the radios they had laughed away from the Company. Just what had dear Mr. Bigglesworth gotten himself into?

M-E Want ads
Wanted: one diesel fitter. Must be sporkish and drippingly spooky. Must not be scared of knickers. If accepted, the applicant must be willing to splutter for an indeterminate period of time. Object to be recovered: One fecund centaur of sentimental value, now being guarded by an obtuse blue-footed booby. If successful, all expenses will be defrayed by our legal aardvarks and generous compensation made. In the event of failure, this seductive party, also known as the diesel fitter, will hold the employer blameless of all resultant peril and damages, including, but not limited to the dangers of excavating, death by twerking, beleaguerment, and titillating bodily harm. Please send all applications to Adonisin son of Thrain within a raven.
Yours truly,

The hyperventilating King under Stonehenge.

Wanted: All and sundry knuckle-dragging minions. Opportunity to pout under a new employer. Many chances to gain rare plushies and pressure cookers. Send applications to Black hole Wood or contact or representative Azog the enormous naked mole rat. P.S. This is definitely NOT Sauron, and if you lack a bladder or your name is Gandalf, do NOT bother to apply.

(This post was edited by Rembrethil on Sep 15 2014, 5:55pm)

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Sep 15 2014, 5:54pm

Post #96 of 111 (1235 views)
Shortcut
Comments [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow! I'm pretty awesome to rock barbaric garb with sequins! With yellow hair too!! Thanks to BlackFox for the new image. Of course, she was also the one to give up the romantic pairing of the Professor and a former U.S. President, so.....Laugh

I also suppose this answers the question of the Blue Wizards, as well. 'Smouldering' with Marilyn Monroe.... I guess that must be their weakness!!! Tongue

Oh, Pooh, you really don't need to marry everyone to understand them....Crazy

Poor Mr. Spock....This is all quite illogical, but need we explain even a lampshade to you?

So BalckFox, when ever you feel bad, your preferred method of stress relief is 'whacking' things? Shocked Good to know!! Wink

Wow! Death by twerking! Blush Count me out! Laugh

Great job everyone!!! I look forward to doing more with you later. You are hysterically funny!!!

BlackFox
Half-elven

Sep 15 2014, 6:33pm

Post #97 of 111 (1224 views)
Shortcut
Oh my... [In reply to] Can't Post

These are insanely funny. Laugh Thank you so much for organizing, Rem!

BlackFox
Half-elven

Sep 15 2014, 6:42pm

Post #98 of 111 (1225 views)
Shortcut
A sinful fox reporting [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
So BlackFox, when ever you feel bad, your preferred method of stress relief is 'whacking' things? Shocked Good to know!! Wink

Yes, yes it is. You've been officially warned now. TongueEvil

(This post was edited by BlackFox on Sep 15 2014, 6:44pm)

cats16
Half-elven

Sep 15 2014, 8:25pm

Post #99 of 111 (1157 views)
Shortcut
Haha, love these! [In reply to] Can't Post

I feel bad for the bathroom scale that felt the wrath of a gargoyle. Laugh

Thanks so much, Rem!!

footer_thorin photo footer_thorin_zps067fe8d9.jpg

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Sep 15 2014, 9:01pm

Post #100 of 111 (1167 views)
Shortcut
I personally am very fond of [In reply to] Can't Post

Azog the enormous naked mole rat. Strangely appropriate! Tongue

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.