DuBekar
Rivendell

Sep 13 2014, 5:04pm

Post #1 of 8 (871 views)
Shortcut
The Tolkien movie? IMDB link Can't Post

Found this on IMDB, is it legit maybe?

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt3230774/
" Why, O people of Noldor! Fëanor cried. Why should we longer serve the jealous Valar, who cannot keep us nor even their own realm secure from their enemy? And though he be now their foe, are not they and he of one kin? Vengence calls me hence, but even were it otherwise I would not dwell longer in the same land with the kin of my father's slayer and of the thief of treasure. Yet i am not the only valiant in this valiant people. And have ye not all lost your King? And what else have ye not lost, cooped here in a narrow land between the mountains and the sea? Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist-haunting, dropping vain tears in the thankless sea? Or shall we return to our home? In cuiviènen sweet ran the waters under uncloaded stars, and wide lands lay about, where a free people might walk. There they lie still and await us who in out folly forsook them. Come away! Let the cowards keep this city!"

Glorfindela
Valinor

Sep 13 2014, 6:02pm

Post #2 of 8 (542 views)
Shortcut
I think it is [In reply to] Can't Post

From memory, I believe this was a television drama in the UK – but I don't remember any details about it.

Lissuin
Valinor

Sep 13 2014, 7:12pm

Post #3 of 8 (488 views)
Shortcut
"Release Date 2015" it says. [In reply to] Can't Post

Good timing. I can imagine the forum chatter that will ensue, just when we'll need it most.Evil

Please let it not be terrible.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Sep 13 2014, 8:45pm

Post #4 of 8 (446 views)
Shortcut
If I remember right... [In reply to] Can't Post

I believe that there are supposed to be at least two biographical Tolkien projects in the works.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Sep 13 2014, 9:01pm

Post #5 of 8 (433 views)
Shortcut
November 22, 2013 [In reply to] Can't Post

I hadn't realized that the story had broken so long ago!

http://newboards.theonering.net/...tring=biopic;#669171

These seem to be two, separate projects.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Sep 13 2014, 9:07pm)

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Sep 13 2014, 10:04pm

Post #6 of 8 (443 views)
Shortcut
Looks like it hasn't even been cast yet... [In reply to] Can't Post

...except for one "Social worker". But, yeah, this is timely. Hope both projects turn out ok.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Sep 14 2014, 9:53am

Post #7 of 8 (359 views)
Shortcut
No [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry – made a mistake. Thinking of something else…

elf_wannabee
Lorien

Sep 16 2014, 3:21pm

Post #8 of 8 (269 views)
Shortcut
You are right--at DragonCon . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

Mr. Cere confirmed that there are two Tolkien biographies in pre-production. One on Tolkien alone and one called "Tolkien and Lewis" about the relationship between the two authors. The latter project is to be produced by the same crew that produced "The King's Speech." I can't wait for either one!!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.