Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*Throws Open Door* It's Fiesta Friday!!!!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 12 2014, 4:00pm

Post #1 of 30 (543 views)
Shortcut
*Throws Open Door* It's Fiesta Friday!!!! Can't Post

Greetings Fellow TORnlings!

It is my pleasure to toss drinks your way whilst sharing your plans, woes, thrills, and general jabber as I snag the keys from our lovely Altaira.

I have a working weekend.... but I'm sure going to stop by The Hobbit Discussion Board and celebrate the 1-year TORniversary of CHOW (Chapter of the Week). Make sure to get yerselves over and join the fun :)

What can I do you for?

sample

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - May 15, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Sep 12 2014, 4:02pm)

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Sep 12 2014, 4:05pm

Post #2 of 30 (462 views)
Shortcut
Hey, gramma! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

So, it's cold outside... guess I'll have an (early) Fall Usual, please! :)

Thanks, and I hope you have a great weekend, gramma! *hugs*

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 12 2014, 4:10pm

Post #3 of 30 (458 views)
Shortcut
Hey Evey!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hear ya on the cold stuff! Here in mid-Michigan, we dropped 15 degrees overnight! WOW!

I hope you have an awesome weekend :)

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 12 2014, 4:20pm

Post #4 of 30 (463 views)
Shortcut
Ooh! An iced mocha coffee would be great, right now! [In reply to] Can't Post

Full strength on the caffein, of course! Laugh Got another busy day here. Will have to take a look at the CHOW celebration a bit later!

Going to visit my Dad again tomorrow. Two of my kids will be at MIT (in Boston), at a gaming convention there: daughter is one of the helpers (she's already taken the train up to work on setup), and son will be taking the train with his college mates tomorrow morning, they'll be demonstrating their senior project (a video game involving a baby cuttlefish who you help grow...and grow..and grow...without getting eaten).

Yes, the train, as folks around here know that one does NOT simply drive into Beantown! Laugh

What'cha working on this weekend, gramma? More testing?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 12 2014, 4:22pm

Post #5 of 30 (457 views)
Shortcut
Hey there, Evey! [In reply to] Can't Post

What are the leaves like in your area? We're starting to get some color around here!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Sep 12 2014, 4:26pm

Post #6 of 30 (455 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 12 2014, 4:31pm

Post #7 of 30 (457 views)
Shortcut
Now that sounds like fun :) [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm supervising and ACT test for the high-schoolers who want to go to college in a year or two, then jump in the car and drive south for my sister's soon-to-be daughter-in-law's (whew) wedding shower! Then back home! All between 6am and 8pm.

Have a wonderful time, m'dear!!

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Annael
Immortal

Sep 12 2014, 4:33pm

Post #8 of 30 (467 views)
Shortcut
we're having a lovely Indian summer [In reply to] Can't Post

just tea, please.

A flock of cedar waxwings blew through my neighborhood this morning, on their way south. My favorite birds!

Got the first "blurb" back from someone who agreed to review my book. I cannot tell you how terrifying it is to put your first book out in front of people. Will they love your baby? (This person did, but I'm still terrified.)

To be sane we must recognize our beliefs as fictions.

- James Hillman, Healing Fiction

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Sep 12 2014, 4:35pm

Post #9 of 30 (454 views)
Shortcut
Hi, dernwyn! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, to be honest, I don't think the trees know what to do, LOL-- it was such a long winter, then such a cool summer (although I absolutely loved that!), and now what appears to be such an early fall (and winter again, LOL). But oh well; if we keep getting awesomely nice cool summers like this one was for a few years, I certainly won't be complaining! (Well, about that, anyway, LOL. I might still complain about the winters, though. Wink )

John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 12 2014, 4:39pm

Post #10 of 30 (459 views)
Shortcut
OMG! A Blurb!?! [In reply to] Can't Post

This is amazing! Wow... it's really real now! :)

It's gonna rock, Annael... I just know it! Have a great weekend, and don't forget to breathe ;)

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Elberbeth
Tol Eressea

Sep 12 2014, 4:44pm

Post #11 of 30 (458 views)
Shortcut
Hi, Gramma! [In reply to] Can't Post

What beautiful weather we are having! Took a friend of mine with me to visit my sister on Salt Spring Island last weekend. We poked around the Saturday market, spent some money, then stayed to watch the Pride parade which was very colourful and fun, lots of singing and dancing. By the time we got back to sis's house, it was 4 in the afternoon. We found that my brother and her son-in-law were busy re-building her deck! We barbecued and talked and laughed all evening. Great times!

Tomorrow my son is holding a family reunion for all branches of the family at his place which is fairly sizeable, should be lots of fun also. Looking forward to seeing some of them that I haven't seen for a while. So much socializing, it's straining my introvert nerves!

Hubby has improved greatly, his broken ribs seem to be healing nicely. He's back doing (mostly) the things he used to do. The ribs always let him know when he's done too much.

A little champagne might be nice, Gramma, to celebrate family and fun. And happy weekend, everyone!

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark."

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 12 2014, 5:01pm

Post #12 of 30 (455 views)
Shortcut
I'm so glad Hubby is doing better :D [In reply to] Can't Post

That's reason to celebrate right there :D But seeing family and having all these great gatherings is a wonderful way to spend the weekend!

Have fun!!

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 12 2014, 5:01pm

Post #13 of 30 (452 views)
Shortcut
**HANGS OUT SELF-SERVE SIGN** Have a wonderful weekend, everyone :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Sep 12 2014, 5:02pm)

silneldor
Half-elven

Sep 12 2014, 5:46pm

Post #14 of 30 (471 views)
Shortcut
WHERE is everbody! [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a good excuse, i forgotTongue.

Gramma it looks like the bar is still well stocked but i am trying to eek acouple of pounds off, OR keep from adding such. The son and i are going to do our local town 5k the 20th and i am still 20lbs over weight. But i got some mileage in the last few weeks so instead of 'fwakking the trees tops' as i run, i have a little lift now so i don't find bird nests in my short any more. The important thing is we will be doing it together. Mrs. sil may do a fast walk entry and that will be a grand accomplishment from where she was.

Have been rebuilding parts of the house as well. Tear somping off, put somping on, and paint it.

Beautiful day today and i hope all is just playing hookie OUTside.

We built a big fire fit in the back yard and (son's idear) and i have forgotten how neat it is to sit around the fire.The moon helps with the mood.

Off to a cross country meet to see young sil the wing-footed, race the 1st race of the season. But wait til he runs against me in the 5k. BIG trouble for himCrazyTongueLaugh.

Have a really fine weekend everyone, or else! Don't make me come over there!ShockedWink

" 'Fair lady Goldberry!' said Frodo at last, feeling his heart move with a joy that he did not understand. He stood as he had at times stood enchanted by fair elven-voices; but the spell that was now laid upon him was different: less keen and lofty was the delight, but deeper and nearer to mortal heart; marvellous and yet not strange."

Chapter VII: In the House of Tom Bombadil; FOTR's

Faerie contains many things besides elves and fays and besides dwarfs, witches, trolls, giants or dragons; it holds the seas, the sun, the moon, the sky; and the earth, and all things that are one in it: tree and bird, water and stone, wine and bread, and ourselves, mortal men, when we are enchanted."
— J.R.R. Tolkien

Magpie
Immortal

Sep 12 2014, 6:23pm

Post #15 of 30 (453 views)
Shortcut
Three days ago, I ran the air conditioner. Today the heat is on. [In reply to] Can't Post

This is Minnesota.

Tonight is fireworks at the neighborhood Catholic school/church fundraiser. We usually walk over and I think of Gandalf and the Long Expected Party. But it may be too cold for me to venture out tonight. Forecast for 10:00 pm = 48 F. I suppose it's not that cold but it's been a long week and I've been really tired and I don't know if I have the heart to go out.

We refinished the floor of our dining room last weekend. We have to move furniture to other rooms so we'll tackle one room at a time. The finish didn't go on a well as we had hoped. Mostly it got dripped and pushed up into ridges without us realizing it but the Mister is hoping to be able to sand those plops out.

Between the clouds and the blustery weather and the decreasing light, my body is shifting into winter mode. Which is kind of 'hole up in the house mode'. I'll have to fight that to keep as active as possible before the weather really forces the issue.

So, just give me a bowl of whatever soup is hot and point the space heater towards my feet.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Darkstone
Immortal

Sep 12 2014, 6:40pm

Post #16 of 30 (465 views)
Shortcut
Coors. Just one. [In reply to] Can't Post

Finally finished installing siding for the house. Fixed the garage door lock. Now time to paint the garage door, but it's started raining.

Nothing like an ice cold Coors after a hot day's work.

Life is good.

Suddenly the king cried to Snowmane and the horse sprang away. Behind him his banner blew in the wind, white horse upon a field of green, but he outpaced it. After him thundered the knights of his house, but he was ever before them. Éomer rode there, the white horsetail on his helm floating in his speed, and the front of the first éored roared like a breaker foaming to the shore, but Théoden could not be overtaken. Fey he seemed, or the battle-fury of his fathers ran like new fire in his veins, and he was borne up on Snowmane like a god of old, even as Oromë the Great in the battle of the Valar when the world was young. His golden shield was uncovered, and lo! it shone like an image of the Sun, and the grass flamed into green about the white feet of his steed. For morning came, morning and a wind from the sea; and the darkness was removed, and the hosts of Mordor wailed, and terror took them, and they fled, and died, and the hoofs of wrath rode over them. And then all the host of Rohan burst into song, and they sang as they slew, for the joy of battle was on them, and the sound of their singing that was fair and terrible came even to the City:

There's a Great Darkness over the Pelennor,
There's a Great Darkness over the Pelennor!
Our spears’ nowhere as high as an Oliphaunt’s eye,
And the field’s full of orcs, wargs and huge Olog-hai!

Oh what a Rohrrim morning,
Oh what a Rohirrim day!
We've got a wonderful feeling,
We shall kill thousands today!

Oh, we’ll kill us some Easterling Variags,
And know we’re not given to idle brags,
We’ll battle and vanquish the Black Serpent King,
And even an undying dwimmerlaik thing!

Oh what a Rohrrim morning,
Oh what a Rohirrim day!

-Rodgers and Hammerstein, The Lord of the Rings

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Sep 12 2014, 6:59pm

Post #17 of 30 (458 views)
Shortcut
Love your footer-- [In reply to] Can't Post

--it literally made me LOL. :D

Thanks for the laugh, and I hope you have a great weekend, Darkstone! :)

John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

Darkstone
Immortal

Sep 12 2014, 7:07pm

Post #18 of 30 (458 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been binge-watching Rogers and Hammerstein musicals.

I think I've gone slightly bonkers. My dreams are full of people dancing....

Have a nice weekend!

Suddenly the king cried to Snowmane and the horse sprang away. Behind him his banner blew in the wind, white horse upon a field of green, but he outpaced it. After him thundered the knights of his house, but he was ever before them. Éomer rode there, the white horsetail on his helm floating in his speed, and the front of the first éored roared like a breaker foaming to the shore, but Théoden could not be overtaken. Fey he seemed, or the battle-fury of his fathers ran like new fire in his veins, and he was borne up on Snowmane like a god of old, even as Oromë the Great in the battle of the Valar when the world was young. His golden shield was uncovered, and lo! it shone like an image of the Sun, and the grass flamed into green about the white feet of his steed. For morning came, morning and a wind from the sea; and the darkness was removed, and the hosts of Mordor wailed, and terror took them, and they fled, and died, and the hoofs of wrath rode over them. And then all the host of Rohan burst into song, and they sang as they slew, for the joy of battle was on them, and the sound of their singing that was fair and terrible came even to the City:

There's a Great Darkness over the Pelennor,
There's a Great Darkness over the Pelennor!
Our spears’ nowhere as high as an Oliphaunt’s eye,
And the field’s full of orcs, wargs and huge Olog-hai!

Oh what a Rohirrim morning,
Oh what a Rohirrim day!

Oh, we’ll kill us some Easterling Variags,
And know we’re not given to idle brags,
We’ll battle and vanquish the Black Serpent King,
And even an undying dwimmerlaik thing!

Oh what a Rohirrim morning,
Oh what a Rohirrim day!

-Rodgers and Hammerstein, The Lord of the Rings

elvenhobbit
Rohan

Sep 12 2014, 8:10pm

Post #19 of 30 (452 views)
Shortcut
Bring me some luck before the year ends............ [In reply to] Can't Post

I got a busy week next week....Monday interview, tuesday gym, wednesday jobfair and thursday and friday volunteering.

Im sick of being unemployed!!!!

Let me win the lottery!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyway, rant over, Ill have a late summer taste....takes a glass fills with mint leaves, a double measure of disaranno and ice, adds strawberries.

From the worlds depths, dauntless will guide my heart....
-e-

Elven by name, Hobbit by nature

'Road lead ever on and on
down from the door where it began
now far ahead the road has gone
down from where all began' -FOTR-

and through all the world has changed
the ages come and go with time
and yet those remain unchanged
unto they journey westward
over the sea...

and through it all we remain strong and true
for eternity is bonds unbroken
beyond the sea...

into the realm of TORN!

wheres breakfast?

beauty is not skin deep, it is as deep as the wish of the beholder.
fore! fore! wassup!

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Sep 12 2014, 8:53pm

Post #20 of 30 (446 views)
Shortcut
How exciting! [In reply to] Can't Post

Good for you. I'm sure it will do great.

"And so they stood on the walls of the city of Gondor, and a great wind rose and blew, and their hair, raven and golden, streamed out mingling in the air."

cats16
Half-elven

Sep 13 2014, 1:03am

Post #21 of 30 (441 views)
Shortcut
The weekend! [In reply to] Can't Post

Finally get a chance to exhale; party planning takes time. Cool

I'll be working quite often, so nothing too exciting. Going to a rugby match tonight, which should be fun!

Hope you have a great weekend, gramma. That sounds like one heck of a day!

footer_bilbo photo footer_bilbo_zps5f194312.jpg

Come party right now in the Hobbit movie forum, as we celebrate one year's worth of CHOW discussion of the films. Hope to see you there!

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Sep 13 2014, 1:59am

Post #22 of 30 (441 views)
Shortcut
I'll have (another) Natty Boh, Hon. [In reply to] Can't Post

Just got back from watching my Orioles against the (ewww....) Yankees in the first of a double header. Great game! It went down to the bottom of the 11th inning. Yankees scored one run at the top, O's had 2 men out, men on 1st and 2nd, and 1 ball and 2 strikes on the batter (Pinch hitter and man did he deliver). He popped a couple up over the backstop, and then laid off a changeup ball. Count was 2 and 2 and he hit a fast ball line drive into right field, threading that needle nicely I may add. Stand up double brought home the two runs we needed to win. Batter rounded third and headed for the pile in the infield. What. A. Game!

Camden Yards aka Birdland

And even though we didn't stay for the 2nd game of the double header, we still got another show. It's the 200th anniversary of the writing of the Star-Spangled Banner in Baltimore Harbor by Francis Scott Key. We have tall ships visiting and were lucky enough to have a great view of the air show put on by the Blue Angels. (Go Navy!) They were amazing! I think a few of them might have been Orioles Fans because they buzzed the stadium more than a few times. One formation had four planes in a diamond formation with wingtips within (I looked it up) 2 feet of each other. Holy cats, it was incredible. And the sound! When those things come close it's deafening. A couple times, the umpire saw them coming and waved the batter out of the box. They were subsonic but I'm surprised they didn't at least jiggle some glass loose downtown with the roar.

There are 6 jets flying in formation there. I got this picture just as they came over the stadium. (not the best angle, but amazing in person!)

This was farther away, out past the harbor and Fort McHenry. This is 5 jets halfway through a loop. Again, not the greatest pictures but boy did we have nice seats for the show!

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 13 2014, 5:00am

Post #23 of 30 (422 views)
Shortcut
Scary and exciting all at once! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm so glad your first blurber loved your baby. I expect s/he's the first of many to do so.

The Passing of Mistress Rose
My historical novels

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

Kim
Valinor

Sep 13 2014, 5:47am

Post #24 of 30 (420 views)
Shortcut
Finally got a chance to log in today! [In reply to] Can't Post

Another crazy busy day, to be followed by more tomorrow as we have multiple family celebrations going on this weekend. Had to pop in to check out the festivities on the CHOW anniversary threads, pick up my new footer and post a very important thread. Wink Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Starling
Half-elven

Sep 13 2014, 6:03am

Post #25 of 30 (421 views)
Shortcut
Are you going to see the All Blacks? [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope you have been practising the national anthem in both languages. Cool

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.