First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 11 2014, 2:41pm

Post #101 of 230 (20784 views)
Shortcut
     Fanart! Love this one of Thranduil with his staff [In reply to]  

compare it to the source (GIFs clicky)

Fan of both books and movies; I am a lurker by nature though it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, XII
(Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies)

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!. (A writing triangle with Avandel and Kerewyn)
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Sep 11 2014, 3:03pm

Post #102 of 230 (20821 views)
Shortcut
     *psst* [In reply to]  

Just came from a heavy topic I unintentionally startedEvil this helps lighten things so much.

Just wanted to say I agreed with you and Cirashala on that, but we shall move along to less heavy things now.Smile

"Home is behind the world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Sep 11 2014, 3:09pm

Post #103 of 230 (20781 views)
Shortcut
     You may have seen it already but... [In reply to]  

The Elves would win that tournament any time I guess, so no fun in that Wink Especially with Legolas around who can clearly outshoot Bard any time. You know what I think? They had Legolas chasing after Bolg at the end of DOS so he wouldn't be around in Laketown when Smaug attacks. Otherwise he would've stolen Bard's shine when he shot that black arrow right into Smaug's heart. End of story. Isn't his fault, he is just so fab. Got that from his Daddy.

Somebody did show us what that scenario could have looked like. (Right around 2:40) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJOSAwNzyi4 He-he!Wink

"Home is behind the world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

VValar
Gondor

Sep 11 2014, 9:17pm

Post #104 of 230 (20729 views)
Shortcut
     No HTR alert [In reply to]  

But this art is still cute

Thranduil surrounded with flowers

And just cause I love their hair AngelicHeartAngelic

VValar
Gondor

Sep 11 2014, 9:23pm

Post #105 of 230 (20766 views)
Shortcut
     Yeah I saw your long posts [In reply to]  

And I'm glad I could help you cheer and lighten up a little Heart Like you, I adore every (fun) piece of art/PS where Legolas is in awe of his super fab dad up to the point of solemn dispair.

Legolas must have listened to his daddy's instructions very carefully as a little Elfling, cause his hair is as gorgeous as his dad's. Only a bit shorter but that'll grow in time I'm sure

VValar
Gondor

Sep 11 2014, 9:28pm

Post #106 of 230 (20741 views)
Shortcut
     Did you just typed that passage from the book? [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Yeah, this is a direct reference to the book:

In a great hall with pillars hewn out of the living stone sat the Elvenking on a chair of carven wood. On his head was a crown of berries and red leaves, for the autumn was come again. In the spring he wore a crown of woodland flowers. In his hand he held a carven staff of oak.

Heart

Thanks for posting! I like reading little snippets of the Hobbit (involving our beloved Elven King) since I haven't read the book myself (yet). I read TH calander when it came out, where a short passage of the book was written on each of the 365 days it coutend. It wasn't as extensive as the book though.
Anyway, doesn't it strike you as odd that Thranduil would only change his crown during autumn and spring? Why not for summer and winter? And what kind of flowers/berries/leaves/etc. do you think he would wear for those two seasons?

VValar
Gondor

Sep 11 2014, 9:46pm

Post #107 of 230 (20744 views)
Shortcut
     That's one precious post lol [In reply to]  

Oh I really like your humor post!!

In Reply To

This one, priceless. That would be a nice representation of how Leggie and Gimli would have met if they weren't in the fellowship. Though I don't really understand why Thranduil is being portrayed as drunk and rebellious in most humor fanart. But it does make up for good laughs Smile

In Reply To

Thranduil in modernity... interesting... (?)

Nahh I'm not really feeling Thranduil here. But it's still a nice try though. Maybe it's the beard, ohh wait I know... it's the (lack of long, shiny, silky, silver/golden) hair.

In Reply To
um... just no Tongue we wants the Elvenking GOLDEN!

Nope, just nope!! Yes our Elvenking is GOLDEN (or silver, whatevsss Angelic). This haircolour just won't do!

In Reply To

LOL, it's very unfortunate dear Legolas that you have not yet become as fab as your dad (rhymes teehee),

And in case you hadn't noticed:

VValar
Gondor

Sep 11 2014, 10:06pm

Post #108 of 230 (20735 views)
Shortcut
     Ohhw that's so heartbreaking [In reply to]  

Legolas is such a cutie in that picture Heart

But my heart goes out for Thranduil. I imagine little Leggy would have had all those questions when he was young. And it sure would have been painful, if nothing else, for Thranduil to talk about it *hugs* I just can't imagine how one could go on. Not when you you think about Tolkien describing Elves to have great memory
The Elves had (as they said themselves) a 'great talent' for memory, but this tended to regret rather than to joy. Also, however long the History of the Elves might become before it ended, it would be an object of too limited range. To be perpetually 'imprisoned in a tale' (as they said), even if it was a very great tale ending triumphantly, would become a torment.

And I'm not sure where I have read it, but I know Tolkien has written about the feelings of Elves and how they experience them. And that those feelings are more intens than those of any mortal (but I'm not sure where I have seen it).

Here is a more happy picture (golden oldie) of the two

VValar
Gondor

Sep 11 2014, 10:13pm

Post #109 of 230 (20943 views)
Shortcut
     Beautiful PS [In reply to]  

Really nicely done that PS of Thranduil and the map of ME, love it! Thanks for sharing and putting up the HTR alert Wink

In Reply To

This one is new to me, yeey!

And because I like Thranduil/Legolas piccies so much:

Lol

Cutie alert!!Heart *Squeeeeeee* Just look at it!! And isn't that baby deer adorable?

VValar
Gondor

Sep 11 2014, 10:19pm

Post #110 of 230 (20731 views)
Shortcut
     Nice collection [In reply to]  

Are those all your books? I can't really read the titles of the books that well. But do they all have different subjects? The Cloaks and Daggers book looks amazing, pretty pictures and seems very educational. Didn't even know those books existed. I might have to take a look to see where they sell those books around here, though we don't have a lot of LOTR/TH merchandise where I come from. But love your collection Heart You're a true fan.

(This post was edited by VValar on Sep 11 2014, 10:20pm)

VValar
Gondor

Sep 11 2014, 10:21pm

Post #111 of 230 (20734 views)
Shortcut
     *hugs* thanks for posting that wonderful image [In reply to]  

We are being treated to a lot of Thranduil goodiness these past two days!

VValar
Gondor

Sep 11 2014, 10:23pm

Post #112 of 230 (20725 views)
Shortcut
     This seems like a all new picture as well [In reply to]  

In Reply To

Do you know where to find the original or HR pic of Thranduil (top right?) He looks so beautiful, armour + hair Heart

VValar
Gondor

Sep 11 2014, 10:25pm

Post #113 of 230 (20714 views)
Shortcut
     Lol I had already seen it [In reply to]  

But it was a while back, so it was good to watch it again. thnx! Laugh

Oh and cause you Heart Leggie so much:

VValar
Gondor

Sep 11 2014, 10:36pm

Post #114 of 230 (20734 views)
Shortcut
     Looking very handsome (as always) [In reply to]  

This reminds me... I just saw some crazy valentine cards on the net with a pic of Thranduil + some text including the word 'staff'. It was just so wrong but it made me laugh for a good few seconds Evil I'm sure you'll be able to find it if you type the words 'Thranduil + valentine' into the google searchbar.

In Reply To
Oh... *ahem* PM me if interested for 2 rather more intense EI/HTR Renaissance-style images I don't think should be purveyed here, for safety

reasons.Smile

Going to the PM box right now Angelic

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 12 2014, 1:19am

Post #115 of 230 (20751 views)
Shortcut
     *whispers* [In reply to]  

Thanks very much. Getting 3 "I got ya" responses out of 4 is validating. (smart alec snarky comment deleted) That's good enough for me. Moving on! ... oops... I mean moving on...

Fan of both books and movies; I am a lurker by nature though it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, XII

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!. (A writing triangle with Avandel and Kerewyn)
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 12 2014, 1:28am

Post #116 of 230 (20755 views)
Shortcut
     Love this! [In reply to]  

So Heartcho kawaii!!! (eh, Japanese for super cutesy)

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 12 2014, 1:36am

Post #117 of 230 (20731 views)
Shortcut
     Yup [In reply to]  

You're welcome. It wasn't as long as the one I typed out about the messenger who told Thorin to go eat his gold only to get a mis-aimed arrow for gratitudeTongue *CHEERS for messenger gumption*

In Reply To
Anyway, doesn't it strike you as odd that Thranduil would only change his crown during autumn and spring? Why not for summer and winter? And what kind of flowers/berries/leaves/etc. do you think he would wear for those two seasons?

Hmmm... I guess it gets a bit troublesome? And doesn't the fashion year also go by two seasons? Laugh Eh, being from a tropical climate, though loving the concept of seasons, I really don't know... prolly getting it all wrong but cherries for spring? Strawberries, blueberries, cranberries for autumn?

Actually, looking at the crowns of movie Thranduil, I think they did go with Summer and Winter for his season crown change.

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 12 2014, 1:44am

Post #118 of 230 (20715 views)
Shortcut
     Thanks. Humour is the best condiment for this crazy world [In reply to]  

In Reply To
This one, priceless. That would be a nice representation of how Leggie and Gimli would have met if they weren't in the fellowship. Though I don't really understand why Thranduil is being portrayed as drunk and rebellious in most humor fanart. But it does make up for good laughs Smile

I know! And they're true friends. Though I have my problems with Gimli's role as the movie jester in LotR... this is one nice moment (@Eruvandi, meltz much?Wink):
http://elvesandwalkers.tumblr.com/...-to-get-on-a-boat-in

In Reply To
Nahh I'm not really feeling Thranduil here. But it's still a nice try though. Maybe it's the beard, ohh wait I know... it's the (lack of long, shiny, silky, silver/golden) hair.

More a vampire eh? I think part of the problem is the eyebrows too. The artist made them too sinister.

In Reply To
Nope, just nope!! Yes our Elvenking is GOLDEN (or silver, whatevsss Angelic). This haircolour just won't do!

Loves consensusSmile

In Reply To
LOL, it's very unfortunate dear Legolas that you have not yet become as fab as your dad (rhymes teehee),

little greenleaf still got some growing up to do is all Heart Eruvandi will be there for himSmile

In Reply To
And in case you hadn't noticed:

HAHA! You know, just with how badass Thranduil is promising to be, I'm really curious what the BotFA aftermath will be like, just going by stuff like the buzzfeed 19 reasons articles and TORn's own March Madness outcome. But regardless, this is truth for us ThrallsHeartHeartHeart

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 12 2014, 1:52am

Post #119 of 230 (20739 views)
Shortcut
     With you on Elven memory and Thranduil's state of mind [In reply to]  

In Reply To
But my heart goes out for Thranduil. I imagine little Leggy would have had all those questions when he was young. And it sure would have been painful, if nothing else, for Thranduil to talk about it *hugs* I just can't imagine how one could go on. Not when you you think about Tolkien describing Elves to have great memory
The Elves had (as they said themselves) a 'great talent' for memory, but this tended to regret rather than to joy. Also, however long the History of the Elves might become before it ended, it would be an object of too limited range. To be perpetually 'imprisoned in a tale' (as they said), even if it was a very great tale ending triumphantly, would become a torment.

And I'm not sure where I have read it, but I know Tolkien has written about the feelings of Elves and how they experience them. And that those feelings are more intens than those of any mortal (but I'm not sure where I have seen it).

Exactly! ME books gives us very interesting insight into the Elven psyche. They also paint a very beautiful but also sadly angsty picture of Elves and their fate. Add to that what we know of Thranduil, I just want to sit him down and feed him a uber dark chocolate brownie ala mode complete with some nice orchid flower deco (still don't think they're good to actually use as dessert ingredients Tongue even though "
3. Orchids: Although these flowers might seem too pretty to eat, you definitely should. Bacher describes their flavor as a mix "cucumber and endive." She recommends using them in stir fries or candy them for cake decorations." source)

In Reply To
Here is a more happy picture (golden oldie) of the two

awww

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 12 2014, 1:54am

Post #120 of 230 (20722 views)
Shortcut
     Yeah, I really like that one [In reply to]  

And thanks very much for the Leggy baby and his Thranddy daddy images Heart

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 12 2014, 1:57am

Post #121 of 230 (20705 views)
Shortcut
     From the same source [In reply to]  

In Reply To

In Reply To

Do you know where to find the original or HR pic of Thranduil (top right?) He looks so beautiful, armour + hair Heart

So far, hasn't seen that image in isolation. But the source of all these pics are in
this (thanks to dormouse for enlightening me wondering brain): Annual

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 12 2014, 2:09am

Post #122 of 230 (20745 views)
Shortcut
     Yeah... Kingly Majestic BEAUTY [In reply to]  

In Reply To
This reminds me... I just saw some crazy valentine cards on the net with a pic of Thranduil + some text including the word 'staff'. It was just so wrong but it made me laugh for a good few seconds Evil I'm sure you'll be able to find it if you type the words 'Thranduil + valentine' into the google searchbar.

Well, I just did it. Thankfully, not as much as you seemed to have encountered.

Some good ones

This one though... LOL

TongueEvil

In Reply To
Going to the PM box right now Angelic

Purveyed!!!

anyone else?Cool

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 12 2014, 2:19am

Post #123 of 230 (20725 views)
Shortcut
     Wahahaha [In reply to]  

Thanks for bringing back that classic, Eruvandi. And clearly, once again, Elves save the day! Even for stupendously speechless Dwarves who probably will start muttering about elven showboating once they recover their senses.Tongue

Tsk...

that's Dwarven gratitude for ya

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 12 2014, 2:34am

Post #124 of 230 (20707 views)
Shortcut
     Fanart: Nice juxaposition concept but... [In reply to]  

Gil-galad? I don't get it. *shrug* anyway, young Thranddy and young LeggySmile ... clickies as usual

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 12 2014, 2:37am

Post #125 of 230 (20712 views)
Shortcut
     Nice Leggy side profile [In reply to]  

And the hairHeart

=======

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.