Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XII
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

VValar
Gondor

Sep 10 2014, 8:58pm

Post #76 of 230 (1855 views)
Shortcut
     Welcome back! [In reply to]  

Good to have you back and it sounds you and your dad had a lovely couple of days together Heart
What is this cloaks and daggers book you're referring to?

In Reply To

His fighting look is so silvery, but gold displays his power and prestige when at rest. Itís echoed in his gold headpiece and consequently, his hair looks more gold hue than silver-blonder here, though could be due to the tent lighting. This gorgeous highly patterned gold robe reminds me of something and Iím wracking my brain to think what (a patterning that some brand somewhere is using. Sad that my brain has descended into the commercial world, but I work there so prob canít help it)

Lurker is right, I have a hair-thingy HeartAngelicHeart I like your description very much.

In Reply To
Look at that uber-elegant sleeve gracing his wrist

Yes I know!! Gorgeous!

VValar
Gondor

Sep 10 2014, 9:03pm

Post #77 of 230 (1861 views)
Shortcut
     There's no more room for more swag [In reply to]  

In Reply To

Some scribing problems obviously. Thranduil must have said: "No, no, no... there's no need to have more fabulous swag, unless you're ready to deal with spontaneous screen combustion everywhere."Angelic

Lol, Thranduil needs no more swag, that wouldn't even be possible.

Whoever thought such a silly thing must leave at once.

VValar
Gondor

Sep 10 2014, 9:14pm

Post #78 of 230 (1867 views)
Shortcut
     It's getting late [In reply to]  

And my posts are getting less intelligent by the minute lol.

So here's one last piccie before going to bed. I could so see this happening in TTT while they're running around through Rohan. Now you know what sleep deprivation does to my thoughts.

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 11 2014, 9:24am

Post #79 of 230 (1838 views)
Shortcut
     Thanks for that! [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Thanks for the piccie! Hey does Oropher seem to have silver hair?? Angelic

to differentiate from the golden glory of his son?Smile

Fan of both books and movies; I am a lurker by nature though it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, XII
(Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies)

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!. (A writing triangle with Avandel and Kerewyn)
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 11 2014, 9:25am

Post #80 of 230 (1813 views)
Shortcut
     *THUD* Well, that worked! [In reply to]  

Laugh Good test setup I must say.Heart

Fan of both books and movies; I am a lurker by nature though it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, XII

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!. (A writing triangle with Avandel and Kerewyn)
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 11 2014, 9:26am

Post #81 of 230 (1883 views)
Shortcut
     All right! HTR it is then [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Yep it works!! I didn't tragically die because my heart suddenly stopped when I saw that picture of yours again. Your HTR Alert proves worthy Heart
(I love that I got to quote you and watch this amazing HTR piccie again)

Cool

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 11 2014, 9:27am

Post #82 of 230 (1858 views)
Shortcut
     wahahahaha!!!! Oh my... [In reply to]  

LOVE it!!!!

Thanks, VValar. Just came from a heavy topic I unintentionally startedEvil this helps lighten things so much. Better already Laugh

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 11 2014, 9:36am

Post #83 of 230 (1865 views)
Shortcut
     *Hee* True [In reply to]  

In Reply To
The Elves would win that tournament any time I guess, so no fun in that Wink Especially with Legolas around who can clearly outshoot Bard any time. You know what I think? They had Legolas chasing after Bolg at the end of DOS so he wouldn't be around in Laketown when Smaug attacks. Otherwise he would've stolen Bard's shine when he shot that black arrow right into Smaug's heart. End of story. Isn't his fault, he is just so fab. Got that from his Daddy.

Here here

Great point! LaughCool Bard's gotta be granted the opportunity to show his worth.

In Reply To
Seriously I only just noticed his different headpiece, looks like winter to me.

Yeah, this is a direct reference to the book:

In a great hall with pillars hewn out of the living stone sat the Elvenking on a chair of carven wood. On his head was a crown of berries and red leaves, for the autumn was come again. In the spring he wore a crown of woodland flowers. In his hand he held a carven staff of oak.
Heart

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 11 2014, 9:41am

Post #84 of 230 (1856 views)
Shortcut
     If I could have a horse, I'd want to call him Asfaloth [In reply to]  

In Reply To
I told him it was Glorfindel's horse in LOTR. He just muttered he didn't know any Glorfindel and went back to minding his own business.... I guess the content of the LOTR book didn't stick so well with him during the past 13 years either.

what a missed opportunity. Oh well.

In Reply To
Thanks for the scans! Most are screencaps from the teaser, except Thorin waving around his sword and -of course- that wonderful new piccie of Heart

Welcome. Oh, the caption for the piccie of Heart simply says Thranduil the Elvenking, acted by Lee Pace, will don armour and be part of the great in the third movie.

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 11 2014, 9:43am

Post #85 of 230 (1825 views)
Shortcut
     LOL! Got to agree with you, VValar [In reply to]  

Lol, Thranduil needs no more swag, that wouldn't even be possible.

Whoever thought such a silly thing must leave at once.

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 11 2014, 9:56am

Post #86 of 230 (1851 views)
Shortcut
     It's Thursday! How about some Thranduil Thursday Tickles? (potential HTR) [In reply to]  

If Thranduil and Ronan are out jogging together and one of the falls over, does the other one have to pick up the Pace?
(source)

http://thorinds.tumblr.com/...t-thranduil-actually
http://gimmethehobbit.tumblr.com/...tely-fabulous-1-next
http://ky-ros.tumblr.com/...-thranduil-thran-the
http://oakenbranch.tumblr.com/post/93494350351 http://thorinshielding.tumblr.com/.../cant-stop-wont-stop

Thranduil in modernity... interesting... (?)

um... just no Tongue we wants the Elvenking GOLDEN!

And what's some tickles with some Legolas in a flap?

http://2girls-and-a-laptop.tumblr.com/...osity-soon-legolas-j
http://2girls-and-a-laptop.tumblr.com/...aces-leggy-dearest-j

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 11 2014, 10:09am

Post #87 of 230 (1858 views)
Shortcut
     *SQUEEE* New PRETTY!!! in new thread by Bexlin [In reply to]  

Hie thee here and thank the OP for it.

Smile

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Sep 11 2014, 10:11am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 11 2014, 10:26am

Post #88 of 230 (1853 views)
Shortcut
     Awww... Legolas, Daddy doesn't mean it that way. [In reply to]  

Light-hearted look but well, it's so true for the Elvenking's life story though. Poor Thranduil.

But...

(source)

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 11 2014, 10:35am

Post #89 of 230 (1863 views)
Shortcut
     Fanart! That ME map on Thranduil's capeswirl image [In reply to]  

This seems like a bigger version than we've seen before and because I LOVE it, so here goes!... and clicky with HTR!Tongue

Ready?

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Sep 11 2014, 10:35am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 11 2014, 10:45am

Post #90 of 230 (1818 views)
Shortcut
     LOL! Can so see this happening [In reply to]  

Thanks for another great LAUGH!

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 11 2014, 10:52am

Post #91 of 230 (1830 views)
Shortcut
     Daddy Thranddy and Legolas... may not be new tho [In reply to]  

As usual, clickies!

This Thranduil portrait's not bad either.

Oh... *ahem* PM me if interested for 2 rather more intense EI/HTR Renaissance-style images I don't think should be purveyed here, for safety reasons.Smile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 11 2014, 10:56am

Post #92 of 230 (1841 views)
Shortcut
     One more pre-dinner LoL [In reply to]  

Think it's not new either, but what the heck, its a good laugh!

=======

Kerewyn
Rohan

Sep 11 2014, 11:30am

Post #93 of 230 (1848 views)
Shortcut
     Oh I love this! [In reply to]  

I have seen this cartoon before but it was a while back. It's one of my absolute favourites. HeartHeart Love how Thranduil decides he wants to borrow Bilbo to see if he is everything the dwarves say. Now I desperately want to see the next chapter - perhaps Bilbo serving up some hobbity food and submitting to some rather thorny elven hugs. Laugh

Lurker upon your alert, I started looking back through the TAXI and OMG you're right, there is soooooo much WW there to look forward to! I started to indulge but have forced myself to stop and bookmark for later (as I am supposed to be working on the freelance project but instead am browsing pretty while listening to TH soundtrack. And there's only one hour til my self-imposed bedtime) Anyway I shall have plenty to look at when I need cheering up after a tedious work day. Better get that bookmark onto my phone for the commute!

"Thou speakest of thralldom. If thralldom it be, thou canst not escape it..."

Kerewyn
Rohan

Sep 11 2014, 11:52am

Post #94 of 230 (1825 views)
Shortcut
     Cloaks & Daggers [In reply to]  

Hey VValer ! Smile

What is this cloaks and daggers book you're referring to?

Why' tis this marvellous output from Weta's publishing arm, that a bunch of us have ordered and like to drool over. Best.Coffee.Table.Books.Ever.

http://www.wetanz.com/...-and-daggers-signed/

This unideally light-affected photo proudly displays my collection of all four Chronicles. I'll add the BofFA one this Christmas when it's released and be complete! (may get the Smaug one too, though it's a different format)

Kerewyn
Rohan

Sep 11 2014, 12:19pm

Post #95 of 230 (1805 views)
Shortcut
     Did a quick pre-bedtime caption... [In reply to]  

...because this is a conversation I like to imagine sometimes...

stn5
The Shire

Sep 11 2014, 1:20pm

Post #96 of 230 (1802 views)
Shortcut
     new photo [In reply to]  

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Sep 11 2014, 1:57pm

Post #97 of 230 (1789 views)
Shortcut
     Vanima! [In reply to]  

Awww, thanks!Blush Nice to see you around again!

"Home is behind the world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 11 2014, 2:08pm

Post #98 of 230 (1815 views)
Shortcut
     All right, Fanart and a multi-char scan! [In reply to]  

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 11 2014, 2:14pm

Post #99 of 230 (1781 views)
Shortcut
     *Hee* me too! [In reply to]  

In Reply To
HeartHeart Love how Thranduil decides he wants to borrow Bilbo to see if he is everything the dwarves say. Now I desperately want to see the next chapter - perhaps Bilbo serving up some hobbity food and submitting to some rather thorny elven hugs. Laugh

Is any of these coming out in a tw appendix?Angelic

In Reply To
Lurker upon your alert, I started looking back through the TAXI and OMG you're right, there is soooooo much WW there to look forward to! I started to indulge but have forced myself to stop and bookmark for later (as I am supposed to be working on the freelance project but instead am browsing pretty while listening to TH soundtrack. And there's only one hour til my self-imposed bedtime) Anyway I shall have plenty to look at when I need cheering up after a tedious work day. Better get that bookmark onto my phone for the commute!

You can thank me when you see them all, including some of the upcomin' ones EvilBlush

Anyways! Hope you can hurry up and catch up! There's a ton more stuff I should be putting up this weekend. I can't believe the trouble I have keeping up with the proliferation on tumblr alone Crazy barely have time to check other sources. But it's all to the goodHeart

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 11 2014, 2:25pm

Post #100 of 230 (1786 views)
Shortcut
     This needs a Thranduil disapproves somewhere [In reply to]  

aka we feels the need to get GIMPing. hee... EvilTongue

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Sep 11 2014, 2:26pm)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.