First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 10 2014, 3:05am

Post #51 of 230 (25399 views)
Shortcut
     Thranduil and his daddy [In reply to]  

Seen this yet?

Fan of both books and movies; I am a lurker by nature though it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, XII
(Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies)

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!. (A writing triangle with Avandel and Kerewyn)
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

vanima ephel
Rivendell

Sep 10 2014, 3:07am

Post #52 of 230 (25400 views)
Shortcut
     I think that's my favorite pic of Thranduil and Legolas together... [In reply to]  

Ack! I still have an unfinished text.doc for your first CHOW sitting on my desktop. I'm so far behind I don't dare promise anything, but I am off to read this new CHOW. We'll see what happens. :D

"I dissent, even at the risk of being held incorrect or not sober."

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 10 2014, 3:09am

Post #53 of 230 (25435 views)
Shortcut
     Ok ok [In reply to]  

In Reply To
In Reply To
https://pbs.twimg.com/...mBCEAA-hL8.jpg:large

Woa girl you need to put a warning sign on these type of photos. Was so not expecting this *THUD* Heart It's so pretty *starts to cry*

Ooooooh yessssss! I wasn't expecting quite that level of pretty intensity either!

You lot! Fussy, fussy Tongue Henceforth, I will shorthand them with HTR (High THUD Risk)

Fan of both books and movies; I am a lurker by nature though it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, XII

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!. (A writing triangle with Avandel and Kerewyn)
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 10 2014, 3:12am

Post #54 of 230 (25434 views)
Shortcut
     *rewinds* Testing.. testing... HTR Warning! [In reply to]  

Pre-testing preamble:

In Reply To
Lol the inscription was almost better than the Party King himself, wasn't it?

Oh yeah! You might have noticed my love of Legolas-in-a-flap-cos-of-his-fabulous-daddy. *snigger*

In Reply To
Uhhmmm yeah I guess you're right about that. But some pictures do need more warning than others for they are a real health hazard (Eruvandi agrees with me on this piccie fe)
https://pbs.twimg.com/...mBCEAA-hL8.jpg:large
*Shock* *Stare* *Swoon* *Dies*

Alert - HTR!

Alert - HTR!

Alert - HTR!

There... so how was it? Please provide feedback of your experience on this "HTR" warning label. Tongue

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Sep 10 2014, 3:18am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 10 2014, 3:18am

Post #55 of 230 (25374 views)
Shortcut
     Yeah, yeah, we hears ya preciouses [In reply to]  

In Reply To
You hear that Lurker? Bigger WARNING signs or else you might fall short of at least two active thrallers due to unforseen cardiac arrest.

Can't have you both out of commission. Try the test and lets us knowses.

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 10 2014, 3:20am

Post #56 of 230 (25376 views)
Shortcut
     Tinne deserves a brownie for sure [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Tinne made me a very happy girl Heart Doesn't he look stunning in his new outfit. Even more so when he puts that armour on *squeeeee* can't wait! We needs more, more precioussssss.

Loves his new robey thing too!Heart

In Reply To

Oh and I just couldn't resist and change my avie, until more BOFA battle ready Thranduil material shows up and I'll have my pick from them.

NICE!

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 10 2014, 3:22am

Post #57 of 230 (25363 views)
Shortcut
     Awww [In reply to]  

He looked really young in it eh? I'm wondering how many LP commercials have Statesiders viewed but never realised it's him... hmmm.

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 10 2014, 3:24am

Post #58 of 230 (25378 views)
Shortcut
     Wow... thanks for that biggie of the art [In reply to]  

*SAVES* it is beautiful, gorgeous details!

And of course so's Thranduil's armour. Can't wait til the next WETA book lays it all bare for usHeart

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 10 2014, 3:26am

Post #59 of 230 (25378 views)
Shortcut
     *HUGS* Elf-lady! [In reply to]  

So glad you could pop in!

heh... looks like your a resolution to do just one post per TA Tongue It's been slow-going at times. But thankfully, VValar jumped in, else I'd be talking to myself by this point. Just hope everybody's RL lets up and we can get on with the appreciation in peaceAngelic

In Reply To
Lurker - I never saw that quote by Daniel about Lee. Thanks for finding and sharing. Heart

You're welcome. FRESH off a con in Utah apparently.Smile

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Sep 10 2014, 3:28am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 10 2014, 3:56am

Post #60 of 230 (25449 views)
Shortcut
     Addendum: Archery club [In reply to]  

Hmm... wonder if there's a Mirkwood sister club? I'd imagine an annual tournament or maybe a a twice-yearly friendly meet, coinciding with Thranduil's twice-annual crown changeHeart

Maybe the Elvenking might preside over a meet or two over the centuries.

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 10 2014, 3:59am

Post #61 of 230 (25393 views)
Shortcut
     Oh VValar! [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Yep grandma did have excellent taste concerning fantasy books. I especially liked it when she named the family dog Frodo and let my granddad walk the dog around and having to call him by his cute, little Hobbit name. And since Frodo didn't listen so well, I'd imagine the name was well known throughout the neighbourhood (and my granddad is NOT a LOTR fan so I guess he felt a bit silly Evil)'

Just had to LoL at this. How about other pets? I do find Asfaloth a great name for a horse.Smile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 10 2014, 4:01am

Post #62 of 230 (25359 views)
Shortcut
     *HUGS* vanima! You're back! [In reply to]  

Wow! Been so long... how's tricks?

Stick around, will ya?Heart

@Eruvandi: Ditto! Though you know, I think you're more Tauriel, as I would imagine a character like her to be, than the Tauriel in the movies. In a good way of course!Smile

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Sep 10 2014, 4:02am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 10 2014, 4:04am

Post #63 of 230 (25378 views)
Shortcut
     And I am both dreading and looking forward to what they produce [In reply to]  

as usualSmile

In Reply To
I know I can't wait for the EE - and 25 minutes of new action.

Oh yeah!

In Reply To
Though you've all kept the pretty coming in spite of the dearth.

I think I speak for everyone in saying it's been pure despair and ruin at times, but a Thrall's gotta trawl what a Thrall's gotta trawlCrazyEvilTongueSmile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 10 2014, 4:06am

Post #64 of 230 (25381 views)
Shortcut
     heh [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Ack! I still have an unfinished text.doc for your first CHOW sitting on my desktop. I'm so far behind I don't dare promise anything, but I am off to read this new CHOW. We'll see what happens. :D

Take your time. After all, as long as the thread's not locked, anyone can post. Looking forward to your responses, when you do postSmile

Take care and good night, I suppose.

=======

Kerewyn
Rohan

Sep 10 2014, 7:58am

Post #65 of 230 (25353 views)
Shortcut
     Well I'm back! [In reply to]  

Back from the first of my three exiles. One down, two to go. I missed my thralling home!
I had my dad staying and it was lovely, but because he’d come a long way to stay with me, and had to wait all day for me to get home from work, I didn’t want to ignore and neglect him in the evenings. And by the time he was off to bed (bunking down in my living room where my desk is) I would be too exhausted to get online, and I dislike using my laptop in bed. (dunno why, just a thing of mine)

But I did manage a spot of offline thralling & drooling, as my Cloaks & Daggers book arrived with Dad. Yay! Heart And I did manage to keep up with the Silmarillion Readalong, which is giving me a greater insight into Elfdom than I’ve ever had before.

Well I have completed this week’s CHOW – thank you Lurker for stepping up for that. And I can see there’s a lot of pretty to catch up on. Can’t believe I missed the TAXI! or most of. Thanks fellow Thralls for driving that one (somebody stop me) Cool

But first, to comment on something most topical: the new image! HeartHeart

It’s so right that Thranduil should travel with a golden tent (Lurker you were indeed spot on with your TW5 ficcie! Ooh the power of prediction)

His fighting look is so silvery, but gold displays his power and prestige when at rest. It’s echoed in his gold headpiece and consequently, his hair looks more gold hue than silver-blonder here, though could be due to the tent lighting. This gorgeous highly patterned gold robe reminds me of something and I’m wracking my brain to think what (a patterning that some brand somewhere is using. Sad that my brain has descended into the commercial world, but I work there so prob can’t help it)

And the red peeking out from the cape, is it a blankie for LP to keep warm or part of Thranduil's garb? The way it's under the cape makes me think part of the costume... but it's very thick isn't it? More like a blanket for warmth? It was winter when they did the BotFA pickups right?

Re this, I think the sheen of the red fabric makes it look heavier than it actually is. To my view, it is the lining of the robe. If you draw a horizontal line left from PJ’s hands to the edging where the two fabrics meet, it seems there that the fabrics both occupy a side. The way the fold hangs from there, they don’t seem to be separate. Ooh I want to see what he has on underneath too. Look at that uber-elegant sleeve gracing his wrist!

Now do we think that the armour on its stand is an actual prop…. like, this is how Thranduil holds his armour ready for battle? Or is it just a handy wardrobe department stand and won’t actually appear in the movie? I really want to go the former, but I’ve just had another look and the stand seems too modern. It might have more elven embellishments if it was a set piece. Hope I’m wrong though.

While seeming relatively subdued, my excitement from this image is hard to contain! AngelicSly

"Thou speakest of thralldom. If thralldom it be, thou canst not escape it..."

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 10 2014, 9:40am

Post #66 of 230 (25374 views)
Shortcut
     Well, here we are, the mag scans [In reply to]  

http://dancarol.tumblr.com/...-the-hobbit-3-2014-9
Seems quite a spread though the scan quality isn't great. I have a lot of trouble reading the words, so I'm not certain but I think there is no new Thranduil/LP quotes here. Well, if I come across other better scans, I'll report backSmile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 10 2014, 10:09am

Post #67 of 230 (25349 views)
Shortcut
     Welcome back! *HUGS* [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Back from the first of my three exiles. One down, two to go. I missed my thralling home!

I miss tipping threads with ya! It's shocking but since you've been busy, there was thread tipped without me even on the board!Shocked

In Reply To
I had my dad staying and it was lovely, but because he’d come a long way to stay with me, and had to wait all day for me to get home from work, I didn’t want to ignore and neglect him in the evenings.

Of course! Happy to know you enjoyed each other's companySmile

In Reply To
But I did manage a spot of offline thralling & drooling, as my Cloaks & Daggers book arrived with Dad. Yay! Heart And I did manage to keep up with the Silmarillion Readalong, which is giving me a greater insight into Elfdom than I’ve ever had before.

Good for you! I tried staying offline to get things done too, but so far it seems unless its exigences of RL or the musies running interference for tw, I.Can't.Keep.Away.Crazy Well, I am happy where I am exploring the first sundering so I guess I'm still going to be in the smoke trails you and Eruvandi leave.Evil

In Reply To
Well I have completed this week’s CHOW – thank you Lurker for stepping up for that. And I can see there’s a lot of pretty to catch up on. Can’t believe I missed the TAXI! or most of. Thanks fellow Thralls for driving that one (somebody stop me) Cool

Well done on the CHOWHeart and thanks!

LOL! I guess we're going to hear taxi jokes until we pass #13.Tongue Though did I mention I miss threadtipping with you?

In Reply To
But first, to comment on something most topical: the new image! HeartHeart

So thudderous, right? Still admiring it over here HeartHeartSmile

In Reply To
It’s so right that Thranduil should travel with a golden tent (Lurker you were indeed spot on with your TW5 ficcie! Ooh the power of prediction)

I am just so CHUFFED to have gotten that I might just like the musies for a bit!Crazy My SQUEE would have brought the roof down, woken and frightened the kitties of out their fur... if it wasn't such an internal one CoolAngelicHeartEvil (btw, have answered your excellently kind review too)

In Reply To
His fighting look is so silvery, but gold displays his power and prestige when at rest. It’s echoed in his gold headpiece and consequently, his hair looks more gold hue than silver-blonder here, though could be due to the tent lighting. This gorgeous highly patterned gold robe reminds me of something and I’m wracking my brain to think what (a patterning that some brand somewhere is using. Sad that my brain has descended into the commercial world, but I work there so prob can’t help it)

Oh oh... mention of hair colour is going to bring out the hair-obssessor in VValar now.Tongue

I know what you mean about the texture of the robe! It's just there at the edge but I just can't pin it down.Crazy

In Reply To
Re this, I think the sheen of the red fabric makes it look heavier than it actually is. To my view, it is the lining of the robe. If you draw a horizontal line left from PJ’s hands to the edging where the two fabrics meet, it seems there that the fabrics both occupy a side. The way the fold hangs from there, they don’t seem to be separate. Ooh I want to see what he has on underneath too. Look at that uber-elegant sleeve gracing his wrist!

Hmm... makes sense, though I am leaning towards part of the robe myself, just cos if it was indeed a blankie, it should be over the robe, not under it. His vambraces are always looking so elegant and cool! Just harking back to the AUJ prologue where we see his right hand as he reached for the box the feckless Dwarves shut ungraciously on him.

In Reply To
Now do we think that the armour on its stand is an actual prop…. like, this is how Thranduil holds his armour ready for battle? Or is it just a handy wardrobe department stand and won’t actually appear in the movie? I really want to go the former, but I’ve just had another look and the stand seems too modern. It might have more elven embellishments if it was a set piece. Hope I’m wrong though.

I'd think the former too. As in if it was a prop waiting to go where it should, would it be there? I'd think wardrobe would be holding it.

In Reply To
While seeming relatively subdued, my excitement from this image is hard to contain! AngelicSly

And have you gotten through all the WWs in the TAXI? There's suddenly a whole buncha stuff (yup new thingies I'm reviewing) and I'm confused now, but I think you might find a few trinkets in them of particular interest to you. Either that, or they're forthcomingAngelic in which case mea culpa for the false alarm.

I'm seeing some new newimage goodness already. Posting them in a bit.

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 10 2014, 10:43am

Post #68 of 230 (25365 views)
Shortcut
     And we here we go *SNIGGER* (Enter at your own risk) [In reply to]  

Disagreeable photo-bomber alert!

Some scribing problems obviously. Thranduil must have said: "No, no, no... there's no need to have more fabulous swag, unless you're ready to deal with spontaneous screen combustion everywhere."Angelic

See how kind the Elvenking is, graciously helping the disagreeable Dwarf clean off his scruff. Bard must be tsking the Dwarf's flair for mess.

And of course this is just some figment of a demented or ill-informed mindFrown

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Sep 10 2014, 10:47am)

VValar
Gondor

Sep 10 2014, 6:59pm

Post #69 of 230 (25311 views)
Shortcut
     Guess Frodo makes for a good dog name [In reply to]  

Yep, Leggy and Tauriel are my two other elven faves! I really like Tauriel because of the way she views the world and how she's so strong and wants to help people and won't just lie down and let evil take over. Then there's Leggy who's so stinking cute and I really like him as a character especially in the LOTR books, but also in the movies and the Hobbit movies.

You know, the other Thralls have actually told me that having Tauriel as my avatar suits me because my posts can be very Tauriel-like or something like that, Lol! I take it as a great compliment!AngelicHeart

That's a really sweet compliment! I really like your avatar as well btw, is that a drawing of Tauriel?

You know it has been too long since I read LOTR. I read it right after FOTR came out. My brother had just finished the book and told me there were these awesome horse people in the second book. And seeing as I have a thing for horses as well (beside the hair-thing) that was what triggered me to actually start reading LOTR in the first place. I was so mesmerized by the FOTR film, I figured that including people with lots and lots of horses would make it even better (what can I say, I was young and just loved horses). Couldn't wait another year to find out what was going to happen and who these people were. Hmm why was I telling you this story? Oh right, I wanted to explain why I don't remember book-Legolas all too well. It has been over 13 years since I read the book. The only Legolas I remember is movie-Legolas and yes you're right, he is stinking cute Heart I never thought there would be another Elf who could possibly compete with him in terms of absolute cuteness, but he has found a worthy opponent in his Daddy Heart

As for Tauriel, I like the fact they made her a fine representation of a Wood Elf. Not only in appearance, but in character as well. You clearly see she is as Tolkien describes Wood Elfs to be, less wise and very dangerous. Less wise perhaps because she doesn't do a whole lot of rationalisation before she acts (perhaps that is considered less wise?) and clearly she is not someone to mess with. I only wish I could understand why they made her have affectionate (if anything else) feelings for a Dwarf, and vice versa, oh and let's drop Legolas in between them too. Just doesn't make sense. Why downplay such a character (and Leggy, and Kili) in such a tacky way? I wish I could get over it, but I can't Unsure Oh and I also hope she doesn't come in the way of any important screentime Thranduil and/or Leggie will/should have. Well actually only Thranduil should have any important screentime (but Leggie can be right by his side when he takes up his moment, I don't mind Angelic) Because technically she and Leggie were not even mentioned in the book. Not that I'm complaining because I really like seeing badass Legolas on screen, but I hope Thranduil's role will remain significant and he'll get to have the most screentime of all the Elves. Because that's what he deserves for being so very awesome.

VValar
Gondor

Sep 10 2014, 7:08pm

Post #70 of 230 (25335 views)
Shortcut
     Nope I hadn't seen it yet [In reply to]  

Thanks for the piccie! Hey does Oropher seem to have silver hair?? Angelic

Oh and I have a larger version of the previous Thranduil/Leggie art if you're interested:
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/...3714bd7a561b36f6.jpg

Here's another one of the pair

VValar
Gondor

Sep 10 2014, 7:28pm

Post #71 of 230 (25328 views)
Shortcut
     I like the HTR (High THUD Risk) [In reply to]  

Good find Wink

Let me see if it works accordingly *scoots over to your next post*

Oh but I can conduct my own little experiment right here with you. Although I'm not sure if you're as easily THUDDED as Eruvandi and I. Ah well, that's what this experiment is for Shocked

*HTR Alert* http://37.media.tumblr.com/...os1qh5xqho4_1280.jpg

EDIT: needed to make a clicky out of it due to its size

(This post was edited by VValar on Sep 10 2014, 7:37pm)

VValar
Gondor

Sep 10 2014, 7:44pm

Post #72 of 230 (25350 views)
Shortcut
     Arghh *squee* it works! [In reply to]  

Alert - HTR!

Alert - HTR!

Alert - HTR!

There... so how was it? Please provide feedback of your experience on this "HTR" warning label. Tongue

Yep it works!! I didn't tragically die because my heart suddenly stopped when I saw that picture of yours again. Your HTR Alert proves worthy Heart
(I love that I got to quote you and watch this amazing HTR piccie again)

Edit, needed to make HTR pic work again. I'm not doing so well with my posting tonight lol

(This post was edited by VValar on Sep 10 2014, 7:45pm)

VValar
Gondor

Sep 10 2014, 8:21pm

Post #73 of 230 (25381 views)
Shortcut
     Oh boy, do I have just the thing for you [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Oh yeah! You might have noticed my love of Legolas-in-a-flap-cos-of-his-fabulous-daddy. *snigger*

*grins*

VValar
Gondor

Sep 10 2014, 8:35pm

Post #74 of 230 (25356 views)
Shortcut
     Elves are always up for the win [In reply to]  

In Reply To

Hmm... wonder if there's a Mirkwood sister club? I'd imagine an annual tournament or maybe a a twice-yearly friendly meet, coinciding with Thranduil's twice-annual crown changeHeart

The Elves would win that tournament any time I guess, so no fun in that Wink Especially with Legolas around who can clearly outshoot Bard any time. You know what I think? They had Legolas chasing after Bolg at the end of DOS so he wouldn't be around in Laketown when Smaug attacks. Otherwise he would've stolen Bard's shine when he shot that black arrow right into Smaug's heart. End of story. Isn't his fault, he is just so fab. Got that from his Daddy.

Here here

In Reply To

Seriously I only just noticed his different headpiece, looks like winter to me.

VValar
Gondor

Sep 10 2014, 8:44pm

Post #75 of 230 (25316 views)
Shortcut
     Asfaloth is a good name for horse [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Just had to LoL at this. How about other pets? I do find Asfaloth a great name for a horse.Smile

I like Asfaloth a lot! I recently suggested to my brother we should name our L-foal Legolas, but he just stared blankly at me Unimpressed I guess that means he does not approve.
Then I suggested we should name our A-foal Asfaloth. He asked who that is, so I thought he was interested. I told him it was Glorfindel's horse in LOTR. He just muttered he didn't know any Glorfindel and went back to minding his own business.... I guess the content of the LOTR book didn't stick so well with him during the past 13 years either.

In Reply To
http://dancarol.tumblr.com/...-the-hobbit-3-2014-9
Seems quite a spread though the scan quality isn't great. I have a lot of trouble reading the words, so I'm not certain but I think there is no new Thranduil/LP quotes here. Well, if I come across other better scans, I'll report backSmile

Thanks for the scans! Most are screencaps from the teaser, except Thorin waving around his sword and -of course- that wonderful new piccie of Heart

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.