IT IN
his "TALL ..Pointy" HAT?

2..Bizzz-arroMundo WednesdayNight
Q: : :'zzzz from
Bom

Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

(This post was edited by Bombadil on Aug 28 2014, 5:12am)

Azaghâl
Lorien

Aug 28 2014, 8:40am

Post #2 of 20 (1166 views)
Shortcut
A Morgul blade not THE Morgul blade. [In reply to] Can't Post

He could easily have a reserve. Smile

*Baruk khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!*

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Aug 28 2014, 8:43am

Post #3 of 20 (1167 views)
Shortcut
In the AUJ EE coments by Philipa and PJ they state that its the SAME blade [In reply to] Can't Post

that goes back to its master in the third film. But this could be like the whole thing about Thrain, In the end it couldn´t be shown at all, at all

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true

Survivor to the battle for the fifth trailer

Azaghâl
Lorien

Aug 28 2014, 8:46am

Post #4 of 20 (1156 views)
Shortcut
Oh yea, that's true [In reply to] Can't Post

Well this trilogy really has alot of unanswered questions. I feel like that is it's #1 weakness.

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Aug 28 2014, 8:48am

Post #5 of 20 (1161 views)
Shortcut
Well its not finished yet [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true

Survivor to the battle for the fifth trailer

Azaghâl
Lorien

Aug 28 2014, 8:50am

Post #6 of 20 (1146 views)
Shortcut
Again you are right. [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope we get an indepth look into the whole writting/cutting process come BotFA EE.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Aug 28 2014, 5:03pm

Post #7 of 20 (1081 views)
Shortcut
Then it must go back in spirit [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
that goes back to its master in the third film. But this could be like the whole thing about Thrain, In the end it couldn´t be shown at all, at all

Because it disintegrated in Aragorn's hand when he picked it up, and I don't think Aragorn used any magic to make that happen. Then again, maybe THAT'S how he gets it back???

Why yes, I DO look like Anna Friel!

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Aug 28 2014, 5:38pm

Post #8 of 20 (1071 views)
Shortcut
I am looking forward to seeing how they do it! [In reply to] Can't Post

The whole High Fells/ Nazgul sub-plot seems to have been curtailed in the last film, so I am hoping for an exciting and satisfying wrap-up that answers all the Nazgul/High Fells/ Thrain questions.

Call me Rem, and remember, not all who ramble are lost...Uh...where was I?

Bishop
Gondor

Aug 29 2014, 12:44am

Post #9 of 20 (1052 views)
Shortcut
Interesting question [In reply to] Can't Post

Does Gandalf have it on him? That would seem like a horrible decision, and not one that I would expect him to make. Then again, he walked into a fight with Sauron ill prepared and, well, for no reason (at least as far as I can tell).

I wouldn't be surprised if they heavy-handedly played up Saruman's path towards evil, who secretly brings the blade with him. He isn't any more amiable a character in AUJ than he was when first introduced in FOTR; it wouldn't be a huge leap to have him meddling in evil doings this early in the game.

Bombadil
Half-elven

Aug 29 2014, 4:15am

Post #10 of 20 (1064 views)
Shortcut
Bishop!... in thinking about your post for a few hours [In reply to] Can't Post

MAY it BE?

Gandalf hands The
Blade To Radagast
BEFORE... venturing into Dol Guldur &
HE takes IT...to Galadriel?

"Tell HER about what we Discovered in the High Fells"? AND (&)

SHE Realizezz. Gandalf is in GRAVE danger..&
SHE.
Summons Saruman &
Elrond..&

...THEY
Converge to Rescue Gandalf...,&
THEN
THEY
THROW down Dol Guldur? &
Find Thrain, there, dead...

BUT? what about the
BLADE getting..
BACK ..to the WKing?

bomby would rather you?...
FINE people
FILL in the
BLANKS

Thatzzz what an OP.. does..

(Allowzz. you to do WHAT? W/ your own thinking?, then Post here on TORn...)
Heart

www.charlie-art.biz

Bombadil
Half-elven

Sep 1 2014, 1:54pm

Post #11 of 20 (984 views)
Shortcut
". played up Saruman's path towards evil, who secretly brings the blade with him.". [In reply to] Can't Post

Bingo! (Possible spoilerzz ahead...)

The Last time we saw It
WAzzz
@ the White Council...

sooo maybe he "Volunteered?"
to Hide the Blade
in Orthanc?

"..SSOoo...He could (*cough*)

STUDY IT"?
...along with his Library of "Ring Lore"
(would be Cool to see the inside of Orthanc again..?)

(Short Scene)
He Holds UP the Blade (without Touching IT)
in Front of His Palantir?
to Show Sauron?..
He hazzz.. the Blade?

Sauron MAKES
him bring IT
to Dol Guldur...

The WitchKING
Suprizezzz.. Saruman

BINGO!

Possible,
Probable?

May IT be,
Yes or NO

Crazy

P.S. There are No" Plot Holes"
in PJzzz head?

Wink

www.charlie-art.biz

(This post was edited by Bombadil on Sep 1 2014, 1:57pm)

Arannir
Valinor

Sep 1 2014, 2:19pm

Post #12 of 20 (981 views)
Shortcut
No reason? [In reply to] Can't Post

He both forces the WC to act and can potentially get information concerning Sauron's plans .

I do hope this will be elaborated on in Bot5A... Gandalf's "it is undoubtedly a trap" is a strong indication though, imho.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Bofur01
Lorien

Sep 1 2014, 3:38pm

Post #13 of 20 (963 views)
Shortcut
I thought they confirmed in a WETA book... [In reply to] Can't Post

That they filmed a scene with Elrond chucking the blade into the WiKI's tomb?

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 1 2014, 5:04pm

Post #14 of 20 (958 views)
Shortcut
Yes, that's right. [In reply to] Can't Post

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug: Cloaks & Daggers

"Later we came to film a scene in which Elrond is seen casting the blade into the Witch-king's tomb, and for that we needed a cleaner-looking version of the weapon, so I remade it with a more subtle degree of aging."

- Page 166

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Sep 1 2014, 8:16pm

Post #15 of 20 (950 views)
Shortcut
And I think the best inference we came up with from that quote... [In reply to] Can't Post

...was that it must have been a flashback of the WiKi's "burial" cut from the White Council scene in AUJ, since Weta would only have needed to make a "newer" version of the blade for a scene taking place in an earlier period of time.

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

Bishop
Gondor

Sep 2 2014, 9:18pm

Post #16 of 20 (922 views)
Shortcut
What I meant is... [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't see a reason he should attack without some kind of plan. It seems extremely reckless; he knows it's a trap, goes in alone, loses his staff, and very nearly gets killed. Whatever his plan is, it's pretty bad.

Arannir
Valinor

Sep 2 2014, 9:21pm

Post #17 of 20 (924 views)
Shortcut
Not if he wants information. [In reply to] Can't Post

Which is the explanation I hope will come in Bot5A. Not just for Gandalf entering but also for Sauron not destroying his body right away.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Bishop
Gondor

Sep 2 2014, 10:45pm

Post #18 of 20 (915 views)
Shortcut
But if his goal was to get information [In reply to] Can't Post

Why march into the place and demand the enemy show itself? Wouldn't he want to be covert perhaps? Radagast has animals reporting information to him. Why not send some birds in or something?

Also, I can't believe that getting chased, beaten up, losing his staff and being captured was part of the plan. That would require one to believe that he intentionally lost the fight.

Spriggan
Tol Eressea

Sep 3 2014, 12:08am

Post #19 of 20 (912 views)
Shortcut
Not really Gandalf's style, though. [In reply to] Can't Post

Aside from that, there isn't any way he could know exactly how powerful Sauron was at that time or how many troops he had amassed, and he does hedge his bets to ensure the WC will know what is happening, even if he fails to elude the trap.

But, as I say, I don't think it's really Gandalf's style to avoid risk. After all, in both the books and the films he chucks himself up against the Nazgul on numerous occasions, risks the Balrog twice, risks Dol Guldur three times, plans to defeat a dragon (somehow) and plans to go right into Mordor. I don't think knowing there was risk to himself would put him off trying to find out exactly what was going on and attempting to put a stop to it.

That said, there is also the fact that the outcomes of Dol Guldur differ in the text and the film - in the book we want to find it reasonable he got in and out several times, in the film we want to find it reasonable he was captured.

Arannir
Valinor

Sep 3 2014, 9:00am

Post #20 of 20 (920 views)
Shortcut
Indeed... [In reply to] Can't Post

... he seems to have underestimated Sauron. He took a large risk, imho. And him getting information does not seem to work as well as he may have hoped. In the book he also takes a risk in entering Dol Guldur (twice). Of course, we don't know much about it and Gandalf suspected a Nazgul in there at first (actually something I would have liked the filmmakers to keep, with Saigon being a true surprise for Gandalf - though in the book he has a growing suspicion as well because of the rising power within DG).

What he does achieve is forcing his "colleagues" to act. And force Sauron to fully reveal himself.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.