The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
LOTR with live orchestra in New York

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 2 2014, 3:34pm

Post #1 of 12 (937 views)
Shortcut
LOTR with live orchestra in New York Can't Post

It has already been posted about a while ago. But they now officially announced dates. From 8 till 12th April, 3 days in a row, or in the weekend with evenings and matinee. See here.

I have to start saving and planning! What a joy!

Glassary
Rivendell

Sep 2 2014, 4:21pm

Post #2 of 12 (825 views)
Shortcut
Yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

Just nabbed a ticket for the weekend showing. There has to be a moot for Saturday night.

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Sep 2 2014, 9:45pm

Post #3 of 12 (817 views)
Shortcut
Incredible! [In reply to] Can't Post

All three, and twice!

Maciliel
Valinor

Sep 2 2014, 11:22pm

Post #4 of 12 (812 views)
Shortcut
did you make sure to grab all three films? [In reply to] Can't Post

glassary, did you make sure to grab all three films?

there's a little confusion, speaking to the ticket reps. if you purchase the tickets individually, you have to purchase 3 --- one for each leg of the trilogy. if you purchase a "gondor" or "hobbit" package, all three legs are included.

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Sep 3 2014, 6:08am

Post #5 of 12 (812 views)
Shortcut
Are tickets on sale? [In reply to] Can't Post

The Lincoln Center web site doesn't show it.

Magpie
Immortal

Sep 3 2014, 11:49am

Post #6 of 12 (812 views)
Shortcut
try entering this portal [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.lotrlincolncenter.com/index.html

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Timdalf
Rivendell

Sep 3 2014, 1:41pm

Post #7 of 12 (809 views)
Shortcut
Yep Timdalf is going... [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't make both Cycles as I would if it were any other week (It's Orthodox Christian Holy Week!). But I have tickets (Gondor) for Cycle 2. First Ring A10

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Sep 3 2014, 11:04pm

Post #8 of 12 (792 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, that works. Now the big question: [In reply to] Can't Post

Is TORn going to make any arrangements for discounted hotel rooms? I hope, I hope, I hope.

(This post was edited by Elizabeth on Sep 3 2014, 11:04pm)

Glassary
Rivendell

Sep 4 2014, 3:48am

Post #9 of 12 (784 views)
Shortcut
Yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

Grabbed a hobbit package which is the first two on Saturday and then Sunday for the finale. There is supposed to be som function attached also. But the price difference between the package and 3 singles was minor so went with package. Though I live near NYC and could commute , will probably nab a hotel for Saturday. Hoping there will be.a group rate near Lincoln center.

The Grey Pilgrim
Lorien

Sep 5 2014, 3:35pm

Post #10 of 12 (770 views)
Shortcut
Just got my tickets :D [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow these are going fast!!! I did the first Wed-Fri screenings at the Gondor VIP package. Smile My wallet is crying but my heart is soaring. Wink CANNOT WAIT TILL APRIL. Hopefully (and most probably) there is a big ToRn turnout!

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 6 2014, 12:12am

Post #11 of 12 (765 views)
Shortcut
Just bought tickets for the weekend event [In reply to] Can't Post

Hobbit tickets are sold out for the weekend - so I got a Gondor package. Not sure I want all the extra events, but maybe someone will enjoy it!

Jeremy
Rivendell

Sep 6 2014, 1:46am

Post #12 of 12 (830 views)
Shortcut
I've got my tickets [In reply to] Can't Post

I got my tickets for the weekend trilogy. It looks like it's starting to sell out.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.