Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
How often do you check in on the TORn message boards?
Poll: How often do you check in on the TORn message boards?
Far more often than I should
Several times a day
Once a day
Several times a week
Once a week
Several times a month
Once a month
Once every few months
Almost never (I'm not really here right now, just a figment of your imagination)
Other
View Results (53 votes)

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Sep 2 2014, 1:33pm

Post #1 of 14 (1357 views)
Shortcut
How often do you check in on the TORn message boards? Can't Post

Not counting how often you log in and post, just how often you look in on what's happening. Smile

Most days I check in embarrassingly often. Other days just once or twice. But on average, I'd say around five times a day. No offense to TORn, which I obviously love, but I really need a life. CrazyLaugh

(This post was edited by zarabia on Sep 2 2014, 1:42pm)

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Sep 2 2014, 2:42pm

Post #2 of 14 (1179 views)
Shortcut
Way more than I should! [In reply to] Can't Post

I love to check what's going on though!

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Sep 2 2014, 2:43pm

Post #3 of 14 (1166 views)
Shortcut
I voted several times a day [In reply to] Can't Post

but I'm not sure how many "several" is?

More than twice? Less than a lot? SmileSmile

BlackFox
Half-elven

Sep 2 2014, 3:08pm

Post #4 of 14 (1166 views)
Shortcut
Often [In reply to] Can't Post

This place is addictive!

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Sep 2 2014, 4:13pm

Post #5 of 14 (1160 views)
Shortcut
Other [In reply to] Can't Post

More than once a day, when I am checking in, but I take days or weeks off at a time, if a lot is happening in Real Life.

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Sep 2 2014, 4:22pm

Post #6 of 14 (1166 views)
Shortcut
I used to check several times a day [In reply to] Can't Post

but facebook kind of grabbed me, so now it's more like once a day.

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Sep 2 2014, 7:09pm

Post #7 of 14 (1167 views)
Shortcut
I put once a day, [In reply to] Can't Post

but really sometimes i'm on several times a day keeping up with various conversations (and if time permits), others i might be away for several days. It all depends on what's going on here, and what's going on in real life.

Kim
Valinor

Sep 3 2014, 2:16am

Post #8 of 14 (1136 views)
Shortcut
Way more than I should [In reply to] Can't Post

But hey, who's counting? Tongue It's especially dangerous considering I can check in on my phone whenever I want since I always have that with me.

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 3 2014, 9:00am

Post #9 of 14 (1107 views)
Shortcut
Far too often. [In reply to] Can't Post

Or not enough, if you miss when I'm not on the forum. Wink

I tend to always have a TORn window open on my computer (as well as emails etc.) that I just refresh every so often. If I'm procrastinating, then I refresh more often.

TORn is the first site I check in to every morning. Emails wait until I have woken up.

Loresilme
Valinor

Sep 4 2014, 2:20pm

Post #10 of 14 (1088 views)
Shortcut
Same here! [In reply to] Can't Post

I had taken some time away from the boards for a while, but now that I'm back, I check in several times a day, although I don't always log in. It's not my home page, but it probably could be Sly.

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Sep 5 2014, 7:06am

Post #11 of 14 (1086 views)
Shortcut
Well, you all make me feel better about how much time I spend here :) [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought maybe I was compensating for a lack of a life. But, though I don't know any of you very well, I do know that you have full lives. Smile I guess it's like Black Fox said, TORn is addictive. Laugh

It was similar with FotR and TTT. I thought one reason I saw both of them so very, very often - besides being in love with them - was because I wasn't happy with my life at the time and was using LOTR as an escape. But in 2003, when RotK was released, I was living in Poland teaching English. I felt extremely happy and fulfilled there, and yet was still compelled to see RotK once a week for a couple of months. TongueLaugh

(This post was edited by zarabia on Sep 5 2014, 7:11am)

cats16
Half-elven

Sep 5 2014, 9:12am

Post #12 of 14 (1093 views)
Shortcut
During the week... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think around four or five times a day, on average. Once or twice during the day, depending on when a break in the action of RL occurs. Then more as night comes on.

It also depends on what is going on here, though. As winter approaches, I seem drawn in by some movie or another that has come out each December. Alas, the last time this year! CrazyEvil

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 8 2014, 2:30pm

Post #13 of 14 (1067 views)
Shortcut
I've been busier lately [In reply to] Can't Post

So I only get in here 2-3 times a day instead of more than I should admit ;)

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Sep 10 2014, 5:12pm

Post #14 of 14 (1091 views)
Shortcut
Far more often than I should [In reply to] Can't Post

No seriously. TORn is one of the first places I end up going when I'm procrastinating and my browser lets me have multiple tabs up at the same time so...yeah.Tongue

Really, even when I'm not procrastinating, if I'm on my laptop, I'm still checking in periodically throughout the day, just to see what's going on with everything and everyone.Smile I check in way less over the weekend, but I'd say about five times would be accurate for me. I need a life too, Lol!Wink

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.