Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XI
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 27 2014, 1:10pm

Post #51 of 215 (5877 views)
Shortcut
     TORn Life Lesson Learned [In reply to]  

Anyway, if you check your message not just in preview, but after it posts, and you see broken images like that again, at least you'll have 10 minutes to go in and edit the fake URLs into basic markup. Just go into Basic Editor, delete the fake link entirely and replace it with [inline filename.jpg] and that'll do it. Smile

Definitely don't trust the preview 100%, and always check post-postSmile

Thanks, Silverlode.

I'm a lurker. Fan of both books and movies; it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI
(Tis true! More appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies)

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!. (A tag-team fanfic with Avandel and Kerewyn)
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 27 2014, 3:58pm

Post #52 of 215 (5899 views)
Shortcut
     Noblesse oblige, Kerewyn *waves* [In reply to]  

Them’s fighting words over at the Fan Art Thrall Wars threads!

Naw. A gentle DIFFERING opinion was left on the Thorin thread, but really, discussing whether Thorin has luscious spectacular amazing glorious epic hair is like talking about whether having lots of money is a good thing.Tongue

Thorin's hair is something of the rarest beauty, although the same could be said for everything about him. The 'net just isn't big enough to hold all the accolades.HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

"If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together" - Thorin, The Desolation of Smaug.

Thorinitis: Just that smokey barbecue sizzle on a bed of hot embers on a chill autumn night voice making you do things.

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Aug 27 2014, 5:32pm

Post #53 of 215 (5835 views)
Shortcut
     It is BC [In reply to]  

It's one of those Smaug/BC combos that Kinko-White seems to enjoy doing. (I love her work!Heart) That one is called Smaug the Golden and she says in the description area that she used BC as reference.Smile I just HeartHeartHeart how she actually made his eyes gold!Heart

"Home is behind the world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Aug 27 2014, 6:53pm

Post #54 of 215 (5867 views)
Shortcut
     So...much...pretty! [In reply to]  

These pics here and in the Thorin thread are awesome! Thanks Avandel!Heart *saves them all*Angelic

That Tauriel pic is so pretty! I love it!Smile And the Legolas pic where he's looking over his shoulder...*giggles*...he's so cute!LaughHeartBlush I've always liked him in that pose because he looks so intense and handsome and those eyes! and...and... *squeeeee!, swoon and thudderly THUD* BlushBlushBlush The only thing better than that pic is this one which has both father and son pretty! in the same pic!Angelic

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Aug 27 2014, 7:51pm

Post #55 of 215 (5839 views)
Shortcut
     I've missed y'all too! [In reply to]  

I love the TA threads, but the post counts have a tendency of sneaking up on me! Like, when I turned off my laptop last night I had read all of the posts in this thread. Turn it on this morning and BOOM new posts everywhere! Lol!Wink

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Aug 27 2014, 9:20pm

Post #56 of 215 (5832 views)
Shortcut
     PS - re the other two pics [In reply to]  

*ahem* I got so caught up in swooning over my fave elves, I forgot that I had something to say about the other two pics!Blush Anyway...

Re the Varda pic: It's very pretty! It looks like she's trailing stars behind her as she walks through the sky.Heart But I must say...*puts on Silm reading hat*...I find it interesting that the artist chose to give her a crescent moon necklace. Technically, Varda was involved in the creation of both the sun and the moon. After Yavanna and Nienna caused the two trees of Valinor to bring forth the last golden fruit and silver flower and they were hallowed by Manwe and put into their special vessels, they were given to Varda to become "lamps of heaven". Sooo, she should really have a necklace that has both the sun and the moon on it. But I digress...BlushEvil

Re the Eowyn pic: Very nice! I love Kimberly 80's art!HeartHeartHeart Her pics are all practically photo-realistic and GORGEOUS and she's done lots of Thranduil pics.Angelic Although, I wonder if she models any of the characters after real-life actors because several of them look like someone specific. Her Eowyn at least, distinctly reminds me of Olivia Wilde.

Also, her Beren looks like someone famous, I just can't think of who, as does her Yavanna, Fingolfin and others. Either way, they're still gorgeous and her version of Thingol has become the way that I picture him when I read the Silm, which is *cough* quite a nice way to picture him indeed!Blush Heart

Speaking of Thingol, I'm definitely starting to see some parallels between him and Thranduil but I shall leave that for another post.Smile

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

(This post was edited by Eruvandi on Aug 27 2014, 9:21pm)

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 27 2014, 9:35pm

Post #57 of 215 (5845 views)
Shortcut
     oooh - any chance of the source info? *LOVE* [In reply to]  

Eruvandi - thank you - this is one of the finest 'shop job I've seen - just LOVE this. A thoughtfully done, BEAUTIFULLY composed piece - every detail is PERFECTION and with thought to the hues and textures of the forest, the fonts and use of text - IMO this is how it's done.
HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

I bow to whoever made this. Happy you posted!

I thought the image of Tauriel was gorgeous too! Glad you like those! I know I snark st T & L at times, but you should know the Bard scene with those two is on my "instant replay list" as is the river scenes of course. Love that running kick Tauriel does at Bard's, and happily she is a BELIEVABLE fighter - I understand more watching EL why PJ wanted her on board. LOL a more buxom wonder woman type (nothing against curves BTW) just wasn't going to work for this part - too Wonder Woman for ME elves. LOL maybe a female dwarf tho.

And a few more for you, tho u may have seen these:

OK, SOMEONE really likes Legolas LOL tho not sure this works - but a thought for us all.....Laugh

PJ and his green screens *sigh* srsly, wasn't there a park or something they could have walked thru?Shocked

And because this IS a TA thread:

"If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together" - Thorin, The Desolation of Smaug.

Thorinitis: Just that smokey barbecue sizzle on a bed of hot embers on a chill autumn night voice making you do things.

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 27 2014, 10:05pm

Post #58 of 215 (5826 views)
Shortcut
     Fascinating - thank you! [In reply to]  

...I find it interesting that the artist chose to give her a crescent moon necklace. Technically, Varda was involved in the creation of both the sun and the moon. After Yavanna and Nienna caused the two trees of Valinor to bring forth the last golden fruit and silver flower and they were hallowed by Manwe and put into their special vessels, they were given to Varda to become "lamps of heaven". Sooo, she should really have a necklace that has both the sun and the moon on it.

Fascinating. When the frenzy over BOFA has died down I look forward to wandering the Sil. The breadth of what Tolkien created is astounding!

Just a random "goddess" picture, but I liked itSmile Reminds me of Galadriel's long fall of coat on the stairs at Rivendell.

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Aug 27 2014, 10:57pm

Post #59 of 215 (5821 views)
Shortcut
     Not sure where I got it [In reply to]  

Oooh! More Leggy and Thrandy pretty! *saves all pics except for the strange too-many-Leggy-faces-Hobbit poster*Wink

Re the pic I posted: It's been saved to my laptop for awhile now and I've lost track of where it came from. I thought it was deviantART but I just looked and couldn't find it again. However, I did stumble across this during my search:

http://talaybaa.deviantart.com/art/Like-Father-Like-Son-383418617

A different father/son pretty!Smile

you should know the Bard scene with those two is on my "instant replay list" as is the river scenes of course. Love that running kick Tauriel does at Bard's, and happily she is a BELIEVABLE fighter - I understand more watching EL why PJ wanted her on board.

Yay! I love re-watching those too! Tauriel is quite good at kicking butt!Cool

Now, this should be my 1,500th post, so goodbye Gondor, hello Grey Havens!Smile

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 27 2014, 11:11pm

Post #60 of 215 (5824 views)
Shortcut
     Thank you for looking! [In reply to]  

I will keep an eye out!

ShockedToo true - that movie poster one doesn't work, methinks, tho it's an interesting thought LOL.Laugh

And now for a different take on the Elven King:

And the real world Legolas:

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Aug 27 2014, 11:51pm

Post #61 of 215 (5835 views)
Shortcut
     Y'know, it really says something for the TH makeup artists... [In reply to]  

OMG! Didn't know there existed such a HUGE image of him *squeeee* HeartHeart
And damn him for having even longer eyelashes than most girls. It's so perfect!
Oh and now I can see the gem Kerewyn was talking about!

...That they can release a pic that's that big, with that kind of quality, and even if you zoom in close, you can't see makeup or the seam where the wig meets LP's real skin or anything. It just looks like a super-close-up, real-life Elven King!Angelic

Re the gem in Thrandy's crown: For some reason I never thought to zoom in on that before. It's much narrower than I thought it was from a distance. Huh. I wonder what kind of gem it is?

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Aug 27 2014, 11:55pm

Post #62 of 215 (5828 views)
Shortcut
     *DROOL* [In reply to]  

*proceeds to stare at gif for way too long as Thranduil turns again and again and again and again and again and again and...*

Now that's what I call smoulder!Wink

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 28 2014, 9:27am

Post #63 of 215 (5790 views)
Shortcut
     Pastabless oblige you mean [In reply to]  

That dark tangle's just still looking like

Tongue

I'm a lurker. Fan of both books and movies; it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!. (A tag-team fanfic with Avandel and Kerewyn)
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 28 2014, 9:28am

Post #64 of 215 (5776 views)
Shortcut
     Yeah, I know [In reply to]  

Nice work!

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 28 2014, 9:29am

Post #65 of 215 (5795 views)
Shortcut
     Seems like you're going to be slightly disappointed today. [In reply to]  

Not much new new Pretty! out there left untrawled I thinkFrown

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 28 2014, 9:32am

Post #66 of 215 (5765 views)
Shortcut
     That is a truly well done PS! [In reply to]  

Love love love! Thanks for sharing, Eruvandi.Heart

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 28 2014, 9:33am

Post #67 of 215 (5773 views)
Shortcut
     Looking forward to this! [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Speaking of Thingol, I'm definitely starting to see some parallels between him and Thranduil but I shall leave that for another post.Smile

And definitely reminded I still have catchup to do. Now where's Asfaloth when you need him?Evil

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 28 2014, 9:36am

Post #68 of 215 (5773 views)
Shortcut
     That second one... just... ROFL [In reply to]  

In Reply To

Seems like someone might really be having it in for LeggyTongue

Likes this

Interesting. Quite dragony

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 28 2014, 9:38am

Post #69 of 215 (5772 views)
Shortcut
     *waves sendoff* Enjoy the havens, Eruvandi [In reply to]  

Now, this should be my 1,500th post, so goodbye Gondor, hello Grey Havens!Smile

Looks I should get there sometime next week-ish. Can't wait!

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 28 2014, 9:39am

Post #70 of 215 (5774 views)
Shortcut
     Liking the Ice-King/Uber Elemental vibe [In reply to]  

Very faerie of the forest too with the roots and the long nailsHeart

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Aug 28 2014, 9:40am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 28 2014, 9:45am

Post #71 of 215 (5783 views)
Shortcut
     Yeah... it's amazing how well this still stands up to CLOSE scrutiny [In reply to]  

...That they can release a pic that's that big, with that kind of quality, and even if you zoom in close, you can't see makeup or the seam where the wig meets LP's real skin or anything. It just looks like a super-close-up, real-life Elven King!Angelic

And Thranduil's features are.Still.Just.Flawless *THUD*Heart

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 28 2014, 9:53am

Post #72 of 215 (5765 views)
Shortcut
     Someone ordered "smoulder"? [In reply to]  

Angelic

(source)

=======

VValar
Gondor

Aug 28 2014, 11:22am

Post #73 of 215 (5761 views)
Shortcut
     *THUD* [In reply to]  

I have a fetish for images with both father and son in it. Double pleasure Heart They look so good together, thnx for the wonderful pics.

I found this image the other day *oof* its not natural. They resemble each other so much in this pic, don't you think?

VValar
Gondor

Aug 28 2014, 11:24am

Post #74 of 215 (5768 views)
Shortcut
     *cries* [In reply to]  

Lurker, you've officially got me hooked on piccies of LP *squee*

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 28 2014, 11:29am

Post #75 of 215 (5748 views)
Shortcut
     *Muahahaha* [In reply to]  

So now you should go back through the threads and DL the LP Pretty! SmileAngelic

=======

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.