A random THORIN APPRECIATION image-larded thread
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

VValar
Gondor

Aug 28 2014, 12:13am

Post #126 of 209 (2153 views)
Shortcut
     Mirkwood golden beats Mountain's scruffiness any time [In reply to]  

*lol* That Elf sure does not remotely resembles anything like the fabulousness that can be found when one looks upon any of the Mirkwood Royals. Many have tried and even more have failed in their pursuit of finding the same perfection as our Elven King. But one is just born with it -or not (most are simply not).

And since you like Thorin so much (and this is a Thorin AT):

*sniff* HeartThranduilHeart DOES care

(This post was edited by VValar on Aug 28 2014, 12:17am)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 28 2014, 2:42am

Post #127 of 209 (2130 views)
Shortcut
     Have you seen Sarah Dunn's Hobbit collection? [In reply to]  

Here: http://www.sarahdunnphoto.co.uk/...pecials/#prettyPhoto

Hm, maybe I should have put this in the Thranduil thread...Angelic

I dunno. Does it deserve its' own thread?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 28 2014, 3:07am

Post #128 of 209 (2153 views)
Shortcut
     Oh dear - um.... [In reply to]  

*cough* - that Arkenstone one - FOR ME - there's stuff already out there like that and for Fili and Kili as well - honestly for me that's the kind of cheesy stuff I dread re this movie - including an onslaught of bad amateur emo angst-filled Oprah-type You-Tube videos. I mean I don't mind darker depictions but it's hard to know what I personally like and don't [of that ilk] until I see it. Um, many apologies if you liked that one....BlushUnsureFrown

Not to mention it reminds me of some ALTERNATIVE things I've tripped over on Deviant Art, but what do I expect there I guessBlushBlushBlush

On the other hand, thank you for the other images!, which were promptly downloaded of course. Adorable fish-tossing! HeartHeartHeart

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 28 2014, 3:24am

Post #129 of 209 (2137 views)
Shortcut
     Nah, never in all Ea could that abomination be true [In reply to]  

*lol* That Elf sure does not remotely resembles anything like the fabulousness that can be found when one looks upon any of the Mirkwood Royals. Many have tried and even more have failed in their pursuit of finding the same perfection as our Elven King. But one is just born with it -or not (most are simply not).

Obviously just some bad DWARVEN rendition done out of jealousy no doubt.Tongue Not that any Elf can ever hope to best the Mirkwood RoyalsHeart of course

I'm a lurker. Fan of both books and movies; it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI
(Tis true! More appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies)

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!. (A tag-team fanfic with Avandel and Kerewyn)
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 28 2014, 3:36am

Post #130 of 209 (2160 views)
Shortcut
     Thank you! hadn't seen that page - mixed feelings tho... [In reply to]  

For ME - that link kind of illustrated what I was hoping Ms. Dunn avoids - some of the those to me are very beautiful - others, like the RA ladder one, or the ones with the "kicky" poses and whatnot - *shrug*Unimpressed. Those kinds of shots from any photographer never do anything for me, other than often making - TO ME the subject look silly and/or the photographer is trying too hard to be "edgy".

Guess re photos a classic style is good for me. Or if you want something different work with light and color.
Like this shot of Aidan Turner for a magazine spread. I like the Ralph Lauren look.Angelic And I like outdoor shots.

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 28 2014, 4:52am

Post #131 of 209 (2138 views)
Shortcut
     What? It's an ELF [In reply to]  

High cheekbones, creamy skin, needs a sandwich. ELF. Elven. Galdor or Gildor or someone. Typical ELF.
Wearing lots of bedding the way elves do.

Well, except for the poor depressed minions in Thranduil's cellars, forever cursed to both limp locks and a lack of Egyptian cotton California-king-sized sheeting. No wonder they spend time drowning their sorrows. Especially after viewing the GLORY of dwarf hair.

Srsly, even our young Ori has more body going on. But maybe Dwalin could suggest some tats.

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 28 2014, 9:23am

Post #132 of 209 (2119 views)
Shortcut
     Sure, that could "ELF" in the Book Of Marzabul [In reply to]  

scribbled in when Balin was spored out of his head, thanks to Oin's secret stash no doubt.

And if Dwarves wrote the Red Book, Balin would be so run-of-mill garden gnome

Nah, can't change the truth.

Tsk

I'm a lurker. Fan of both books and movies; it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!. (A tag-team fanfic with Avandel and Kerewyn)
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

VValar
Gondor

Aug 28 2014, 11:05am

Post #133 of 209 (2108 views)
Shortcut
     Wow those are really gorgeous! [In reply to]  

Thank you so much for posting the link, wauw the actors look absolutely gorgeous. I like the lightning and background, most pictures give a old but still a contemporay feel. Love love love it Heart

In Reply To

I dunno. Does it deserve its' own thread?

Uhh yeah!! I would say so, definately deserving of its own thread.

VValar
Gondor

Aug 28 2014, 11:14am

Post #134 of 209 (2130 views)
Shortcut
     I shall be more considering next time [In reply to]  

That's alright hun, we can't all like the same things. And by now you should know the only reason I liked the pic is because it had Pretty! in it Heart Nah I still like Thorin pics of course, but when he's clean and happy (not wet and angry Wink) There just aren't that much of those around it seems.

Ah here's one

And yet another (though he doesn't look exactly very clean in this one)

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 28 2014, 9:29pm

Post #135 of 209 (2110 views)
Shortcut
     In truth, there is a LACK of Thranduil imagery [In reply to]  

I will concede that. It's been pretty annoying, as was the LIMITED timed we saw Thranduil in DOS, which will hopefully be rectified in BOFA. Tho I am going to throw some more imagery on the Thrandy thread, 'coz I am just NICE that way.Wink All dwarves are, of course. Which makes Thrandy & co.'s RUDENESS all the more egregious.AngelicEvilWink

Speaking of darker-subject art, I liked this - sort of, tho would hardly put on my wall:

I probably like it because it is stark, yet is more abstract - gets the feeling across without being too gory. Tho it is not something I personally would hang.

Hmm.

I still like Thorin pics of course, but when he's clean and happy (not wet and angry Wink) There just aren't that much of those around it seems.

Myself, and millions like me, cannot compute such a position, in that Thorin IS the finest of the jewels of Middle Earth (not only having the best hair, but as often been commented, the best teeth, and so on. Eyes of such magnificence they are often used as the only element in artwork). And so, while I can't say OBJECT to Thorin being clean and happy, in ANY state the sheer gorgeousness and #MAJESTY of Thorin simply GRACES any situation he happens to find himself in. Much like the sun breaking through the clouds, bringing light and life to any scene he happens to be in. Quite like the finest of diamonds or opals - whether elaborately set in fine metal, or encased in lowly earth, the jewel that IS Thorin Oakenshield sparks fire from its heart, and draws the eye.

Consider:

The matchless courage and FIRE of the Heir of Durin, sweat-and-blood soaked hair, badly hurt but dragging himself to his feet to face down an enemy many times his size - defines EPIC. And is beautiful.HeartHeartHeart

Not that we can see much re blurry imageFrown, but a hint of the gritty, fiery #MAJESTY to come. HeartHeartHeart

One of the few good things you can say about Thranduil's manky forest - Thorin just looks deliciously, bad-assedly grubby, with all the fluffy glorious chocolate hair. Sinful, really.EvilTongue

Not even a dose of peasant fish slime can dim the #MAJESTY. Or has any effect whatsoever on the wondrous mane, except possibly an extra conditioning treatment of sorts.CoolTongue

But let's face it, the man himself cleans up like an angelHeart:

HeartHeartHeart How a camera loves these eyes, so happily PJ seems to wisely put a camera up close a lot. HeartHeartHeartCool

HeartHeartHeart

"If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together" - Thorin, The Desolation of Smaug.

Thorinitis: Just that smokey barbecue sizzle on a bed of hot embers on a chill autumn night voice making you do things.

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 29 2014, 2:00am

Post #136 of 209 (2122 views)
Shortcut
     Miscellaneous images [In reply to]  

Just because, except the Dale one *sigh* hope is in the EE!

Don't know about Thorin on a war-boar - Fili or Kili maybe - but impressive animalHeart

"If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together" - Thorin, The Desolation of Smaug.

Thorinitis: Just that smokey barbecue sizzle on a bed of hot embers on a chill autumn night voice making you do things.

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 30 2014, 3:15am

Post #137 of 209 (2112 views)
Shortcut
     Maybe this will brighten those eyes for a change [In reply to]  

*tsk* all that dimness... even if Thorin brings all the seven clans together they would still be dark and dusty. Miners!

(clicky for mwoar)

=======

VValar
Gondor

Aug 30 2014, 7:47pm

Post #138 of 209 (2082 views)
Shortcut
     Adorable Thorin [In reply to]  

And don't you just love that tiny little sword? Heart

This one just made me laugh. Spider loves Thorin almost just as much as the Thorin fanbase in this AT.

VValar
Gondor

Aug 30 2014, 7:53pm

Post #139 of 209 (2080 views)
Shortcut
     Please accept these images [In reply to]  

as a gesture of my immens gratitude for showing more Thranduil pictures in the TA thread Heart

Looks pretty cool high up his tree, doesn't he? Of course not nearly as cool as Thranduil-tree-hopping-cool, but still not bad.

Cute and angry little Thorin. Even in fanart he is not often portrayed with a smile on his face

Thought you might like this

Big giffie
http://i.pinger.pl/...9a1d002b4d785309feee

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 31 2014, 2:24am

Post #140 of 209 (2068 views)
Shortcut
     Seems like Avandel's lost out there in the vast distractions of the world? [In reply to]  

Yeah!Heart Thranduil approvesLaugh

*tsk* bluster, bluster. Always bluster Just gonna put these down here, nice and easy.

Boy, someone's got a problem...

... More than a problemTongue

Tongue

Yeah, yeah. Whatever. You ain't the one with the army full of veterans with more than a few hundred years' experience. Besides, it's the weekend. Relax, if you know how.Tongue And listen to Balin, will ya?

Yeah... thought soTongue

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Aug 31 2014, 2:35am)

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 31 2014, 5:43am

Post #141 of 209 (2065 views)
Shortcut
     What? *tries to tear eyes from screen and fails* LOL [In reply to]  

Looks pretty cool high up his tree, doesn't he? Of course not nearly as cool as Thranduil-tree-hopping-cool, but still not bad.

*Grins* Now there is a subject for an essay - which race looks cooler up in a tree. And in the spirit of such LOVELY giftsHeart - that whole sequence from the Thorin-tree-glare to rising like the the wrath of a Nordic god is one of my most favorite *blissful sigh* (which I am sure PJ fully knew when filming, happily he had an actor who skis and can do a move like that without tipping over *drool*Tongue)....where was I? Hmmm, you must have used elven magic to know that.Shocked

OK I just can't stop throwing fire & ice together - a moment plz while I get sidetracked....

ANYWAY, in the spirit of such lovely and unexpected gifts *bows*Smile. All downloaded as cherished TREASURE (chibi Thorin is adorableHeartHeartHeart). And I will actually concede *gasp* that however EPIC I might find Thorin-in-a-tree and however scintillating a backdrop it may be for him, *cough* dwarves don't belong in treesShocked. Overall, nature wasn't doing well for the dwarves that day, tho the careful wind effect was magnificentWink.

You are most welcome for Thranduil-pretties, which are of course most pleasant to findHeart, tho as with dwarf prettiesHeart there are many, but some (admitting I can't draw at all, *ahem*Frown) seem to have *cough* lost the resemblance to the subject. Interpreting as art is one thing, overly long noses etc. is IMO not WORTHY of bringing to TORn.Cool

So, since WAITING is SO tedious:

Permit me to offer you a gift in kind, which hopefully you haven't seen zzzzzzzzz....

And to check out:

http://richardandlee.tumblr.com/...-twin-sword-fighting

Which if nothing else proves there are other *cheaters* who divide their time between their favorites, best they canWink. PS just love seeing these guys really do the sword work!

Many thanks for the unexpected treasure *drool*HeartHeartHeart

Hó , Það sé ég föður minn
Hó , Það sé ég móður mína, og Hó, Það sé ég bræður mínir og systur mínar
Hó , Það sé ég mitt fólk aftur í byrjun
Hó, gera Þeir kalla til mín, og bjóða mér að taka minn stað meðal þeirra í sölum Valhallar
Hvar hugrakkir mun lifa að eilífu

(This post was edited by Avandel on Aug 31 2014, 5:48am)

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 31 2014, 6:03am

Post #142 of 209 (2059 views)
Shortcut
     Anger management [In reply to]  

Not to mention how I manage to be up at this hour *ahem*.UnimpressedFrownShocked

(This post was edited by Avandel on Aug 31 2014, 6:04am)

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 31 2014, 6:08am

Post #143 of 209 (2047 views)
Shortcut
     Mine! [In reply to]  

I wish *sigh*

(This post was edited by Avandel on Aug 31 2014, 6:09am)

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 31 2014, 6:33am

Post #144 of 209 (2073 views)
Shortcut
     More IMO cool stuff - RA/Thorin link! [In reply to]  

The Thorin Escudo de Roble fanclub at https://es-es.facebook.com/...club/158289554328372

has a whole bunch of RA and Thorin stuff, but plenty of other Hobbit and cast images thrown in - worth checking out! I liked this so much:

Cropped it in, because we hardly ever see Thorin in a hood *cough* tho who would want to cover up the #Majestic Mane?

Sir Peter needs to step away, he is blocking my viewWink

So STILL haven't seen the CC banner yet, but:

More prettyHeart

LOL, still looks majesticCool

Hó, gera Þeir kalla til mín, og bjóða mér að taka minn stað meðal þeirra í sölum Valhallar

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 31 2014, 7:11am

Post #145 of 209 (2051 views)
Shortcut
     And listen to Balin, will ya? - nah [In reply to]  

*Snigger*. We like Thorin nice and FIERY - no sissy stuff.Cool

Makes Thorin's quieter moments all the more *precious*. And as always, art-worthy.HeartHeartHeart

Kim
Valinor

Aug 31 2014, 7:30am

Post #146 of 209 (2057 views)
Shortcut
     Dangit Avandel [In reply to]  

Now I'll be up til 3am! Thanks for the link....

“Will you follow me, one last time?”

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 31 2014, 9:08am

Post #147 of 209 (2049 views)
Shortcut
     You've got tea in your veins again, haven't ya? [In reply to]  

Dwarves *tsk*

LOVE the PS! Thanks.

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 31 2014, 9:09am

Post #148 of 209 (2030 views)
Shortcut
     Go get it then // [In reply to]  

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 31 2014, 9:13am

Post #149 of 209 (2041 views)
Shortcut
     Poor Balin. He just gets no respect. [In reply to]  

He should just goad the hothead until it explodes and take over. Much safer for everyone else, especially Bilbo Tongue

Here's a AUJ plotbit I still don't understand: Why is it Thorin who recognised "Dragon" and the one who hugged (yup seems like it started early) Balin out of the way? With Balin projected, anti-canonly, as being the oldest, why was it not the other round? Makes no sense.

=======

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 31 2014, 12:57pm

Post #150 of 209 (2051 views)
Shortcut
     How about one from The Man himself? [In reply to]  

https://twitter.com/...s/506019780068126720

Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.