Save LEGO The Lord of the Rings!

Gandalf the Green
Rivendell

Aug 26 2014, 8:54pm

Post #1 of 6 (3591 views)
Shortcut
Save LEGO The Lord of the Rings! Can't Post

SIGN THE PETITION HERE: http://www.change.org/p/save-lego-the-lord-of-the-rings

There's a petition running right now to save the LEGO Lord of the Rings theme from being cancelled prematurely.
Thousand and thousands of fans are still waiting for the Gondor sets that we were never given.
There's a whole faction missing and a bunch of important characters (such as the Witch-king, Éowyn, Faramir and Gondorian soldiers),
but all of that can be solved with one more wave of sets. However, the future of LEGO LOTR seems to be very grim.
The usual indicator of future LOTR sets in the back of the instruction booklets of new Hobbit sets is missing this year, and with the Hobbit movie trilogy coming to a close,
the odds seem to be against us. But somebody recently started a petition which I am now helping to promote, and I would appreciate everyone who could sign the petition to help us out.
Perhaps you're a fan yourself and a LEGO Minas Tirith would be an awesome collectible to have - but we have to forward the message to The LEGO Company to make that happen!

You can read more about it right here:
http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=99430&st=50

SIGN THE PETITION HERE: http://www.change.org/p/save-lego-the-lord-of-the-rings

Gondor calls for aid - will the LEGO Company answer?

atreyu2112

Aug 31 2014, 9:42pm

Post #2 of 6 (3332 views)
Shortcut
Is there any way to get this on the front news page? [In reply to] Can't Post

There have got to be some fellow Tolkien fans here that can help get this on the front news page! Please help out your fellow LotR fans that love the Lego LotR sets...

Lets get this on tORn front page (pretty please?)

Sign the petition (it takes second) - even if you don't plan on buying anything, there's no financial commitment here.

Post and share the petition link anywhere you think would be a good spot to get more people to support it.

Thanks!!!

Elessar
Valinor

Sep 1 2014, 2:31am

Post #3 of 6 (3374 views)
Shortcut
First I've heard of this [In reply to] Can't Post

PM me all the details and maybe we can get this on the FP.

atreyu2112

Sep 9 2014, 12:27am

Post #4 of 6 (3269 views)
Shortcut
We have reached 1000 supporters! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's right ... we have reached over 1000 supporters in just over a week! Great news indeed, but more help is needed. The number to reach, realistically is 10,000. If we hit over 1000 in a week by word of mouth alone, just think what it would bring if TheOneRing.net got this petition up on the front page.

I really hope the admins here can help out this cause for and by fellow Tolkien & Lord of the Rings fans.

Think of it this way. After Lego's licence runs out for Hobbit/Lord of the Rings ... there will not be ANY merchandise at all really for anything Hobbit/Lord of the Rings. Sure, we *might* get a Sideshow Statue here and there, a couple busts from Gentle Giant, *maybe* some Funko Pop! figures (fingers crossed on that), but by and far - ALL of the major toy developers will be done producing ANYTHING Tolkien. There will be no more movies for a VERY long time.

So getting Lego to put out one last wave of 4-5 sets will be the last hope, really, for getting anything of substance as far as toys/collectibles from Lord of the Rings (PJ version especially).

Lego has ALREADY designed EVERYTHING we are asking for. It was released in the Lego video game! Sauron, The Balrog, Treebeard, Witch King armored on his Fell Beast, Osgiliath ruins, Minas Tirith, Eowyn, Faramir, etc... its all there! Very cool stuff indeed, check it out for yourselves. Tongue

Elessar
Valinor

Sep 9 2014, 12:52am

Post #5 of 6 (3277 views)
Shortcut
That's great! [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree having Lego do stuff will be quite nice. Hopefully it will continue. As far as companies being done with Middle-earth I do not think the folks at Weta would agree. They from what I understand plan to produce stuff from LOTR/Hobbit for years to come.

atreyu2112

Sep 16 2014, 9:07pm

Post #6 of 6 (3300 views)
Shortcut
We still need more signatures... [In reply to] Can't Post

We need help everyone! After the initial push, support is slowing down. We need to get as close to 10k supporters but right now we're at 1180! Come on ... there's got to be more people that would like to pick up a $20-30 Treebeard set that comes with Merry, Pippin & Grishnakh! A $30-40 Balrog set that comes with battle damaged Gandalf and some Moria Orc Archers... a $15 Prologue set that has Sauron, Elendil & Isildur.

I can't believe the biggest by-the-fans-for-the-fans all things Tolkien can't help us out here. Seriously, this is the definition right here.

Please, let's get the petition link front paged or at least as a news story. Nearly 1200 people deemed it worth enough to support ... why can't TORN get behind it?

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.