Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
I agree

elostirion74
Rohan

Aug 26, 7:46pm

Views: 94
Shortcut
I agree [In reply to] Can't Post

Protecting himself from weariness seems to be the only likely way that Gandalf could have used Narya. After all the power of the Elven Rings lay in preserving, healing, lessening the effect of the passing of time and the weariness of the world.

Subject User Time
Did Gandalf ever use Narya? dreamflower Send a private message to dreamflower Aug 7, 1:24pm
    Very interesting points Sebastian the Hedgehog Send a private message to Sebastian the Hedgehog Aug 7, 3:30pm
        I think Gandalf's fire was more light than heat. Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor Aug 7, 3:51pm
        I do like your idea dreamflower Send a private message to dreamflower Aug 7, 8:04pm
        I like your references to his First Age activity dreamflower Send a private message to dreamflower Aug 7, 8:10pm
    Interesting ? Dreamflower . . Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle Aug 7, 5:06pm
        And the fun of speculating and asking questions dreamflower Send a private message to dreamflower Aug 7, 8:15pm
        I agree with Bracegirdle Ithilisa Send a private message to Ithilisa Aug 9, 3:44am
            Yes Ithilisa Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle Aug 9, 4:41am
    Travel Cari Send a private message to Cari Aug 7, 11:58pm
        I would guess that you are right about that dreamflower Send a private message to dreamflower Aug 8, 1:51am
            That's what I was thinking IdrilLalaith Send a private message to IdrilLalaith Aug 9, 9:38pm
                Or did he have the help of Narya dreamflower Send a private message to dreamflower Aug 9, 11:24pm
                    Interesting thought IdrilLalaith Send a private message to IdrilLalaith Aug 10, 2:15am
                        Another thought... Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil Aug 10, 2:28am
                            I always thought it was a new body IdrilLalaith Send a private message to IdrilLalaith Aug 10, 2:46am
                                I had thought it was more of a sharpened mind... Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil Aug 10, 3:11am
                                    Oh, interesting IdrilLalaith Send a private message to IdrilLalaith Aug 10, 4:54pm
                                        I am gratified to hear that it makes some sense... Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil Aug 10, 6:44pm
                                I was Gandalf Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle Aug 10, 7:54pm
                                    Well, by 'purged', I mean... Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil Aug 10, 10:10pm
        Is that the Grey Wanderer? Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle Aug 8, 6:02pm
            Wanderer ^.^ Cari Send a private message to Cari Aug 8, 11:38pm
                The Grey Wanderer is a Great Wanderer - for sure Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle Aug 9, 12:18am
                    Rhyme Cari Send a private message to Cari Aug 9, 12:47am
        I agree elostirion74 Send a private message to elostirion74 Aug 26, 7:46pm
    Nope wildespace Send a private message to wildespace Aug 20, 10:13pm
        Not quite dreamflower Send a private message to dreamflower Aug 20, 10:42pm
        Actually CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Aug 21, 12:35am
            I agree dreamflower Send a private message to dreamflower Aug 21, 2:09am
                another possibility in my opinion... Elthir Send a private message to Elthir Aug 21, 12:16pm
            the three and invisibility Elthir Send a private message to Elthir Aug 21, 12:12pm
        I don't relly get the feelign that Gandalf was cold... Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil Aug 22, 1:50pm
    I think that Hamfast Gamgee Send a private message to Hamfast Gamgee Aug 20, 11:55pm
        Very nicely said! dreamflower Send a private message to dreamflower Aug 21, 2:07am
    In terms of protection... Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Aug 21, 2:58pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.