Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XI
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 26 2014, 10:54am

Post #1 of 215 (13014 views)
Shortcut
     Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XI  

Time for Elevensies, or is that HeartElvensies?Angelic Here comes the TAXI!

Any and all appreciation of HeartThranduil and everything related to him happens here.
All HeartThranduil Thralls, and appreciating non-Thralls are welcome.Smile So feel free to jump in at any time!

(Clicky! wallpaper fanart)

The Thranduil Appreciation thread count:
I (Originating thread and II by Rowan Greene)
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII (Thread by Eruvandi)
VIII
IX
X

Credit goes to Eowyn of Penns Woods for the "official" Thranduil Thrall moniker.

Thranduil Appreciation Lexicon
Tongue

• Bubba: Nickname of Thranduil's beloved War-Elk
  • Equal Opportunistic Thrall: One who thralls whom her/his infidelity fancies. Shamelessly multi-allegiance by nature. See also "Thranduil Thralls"
  • Elvenking, The: That's right, that's how it's supposed to be written
  • Facemelt: That thing Thranduil does in T&T
  • Fanart: Popular post subject/title. Beacon for Thralls, as sure as moths dive into flames. (Helpful reference for the threadlard inspired: "The TA (very) Quickie Help/TIPS for adding IMAGES and POSTING") See also "Pretty!"
  • GotG: Guardians of the Galaxy. That movie in August 2014 with LP in it
  • HCF: Halt and Catch Fire. LP's 2014 TV series.
  • LA: The Last Alliance of Elves and Men, not the city in the States
  • Lee Pace: Thranduil
  • Leggy: affectionate diminutive of Legolas
  • Legolas: Son of Thranduil, aka surfer Elf of LotR
  • LP: Lee Pace
  • Oropher: Father of Thranduil
  • Orry/Oro: affectionate diminutive of Oropher
  • PD: Pushing Daisies. LP's 2007/2008 TV series.
  • Peckish Thrall: Avandel's TA humour panels ala Peckish Owl (So this is new, sue me. I'm just pre-emptively perpetuating something that's an eventuality Angelic)
  • Pretty!: Surely self-explanatory? See also "Woodland Weekend"
  • T&T: The Thranduil and Thorin confrontation scene in DOS. Generally ranked top favourite of Thranduil Thralls
  • TA: Thranduil Appreciation. All-round Heart for the Elvenking and his onscreen avatar (and by extension teh actor. See also LP). Shockingly, there are TA posts with that literary bent associated with thinking individuals frequenting such an exemplary forum as TORn. Some even hint at functional brain-matter in the poster.
  • That disagreeable (among other things) Dwarf: See "T&T"
  • Theory of Bling: Overarching term for theories and speculation on the backstories of Thranduil's rings. Popular discussion circa TAIII/TAIV, but still pops up occasionally.
  • Thranddy: affectionateHeart diminutive of the Elvenking's name (if you don't know who is the Elvenking, google is your mellon)
  • Thranduil Thralls: The afflicted. Fangirls, and boys, whose allegiance are pledged to the Elvenking. Also known as the hopelessly enthralled to his ELVEN MAGNIFICENCE. Perturbing to some, Thralldom may not be exclusive. See also "Equal Opportunistic Thrall"
  • Threadlock: The inevitable fate of all TA threads exceeding 200 replies, aka mundane Chore of Mod. See also "Thread tipping"
  • Thread tipping: Post(s) that sends the current TA thread over the 200 replies threshold (See this tip about avoiding post-death while threadtipping). See also "Threadlock"
  • TW: Thrall Wars. An ongoing bit of silliness in the Fan Art board ribbing everything in and about the Thralldoms of Thranduil and that disagreeable (among other things) Dwarf (see "T&T"). Only one thing is sure: nothing and no one is safe Evil Think of it as vicarious authorly pretensions in miniature ping-pong mode, usually between Avandel and yours truly... Morphing into a 3-player mahjong game with Kerewyn dipping her toes inHeart
  • Woodland Weekend: Occasional mega URL laden post for Pretty! of Thranduil, and LP. May also include goodness for Legolas, *cough*That disagreeable (among other things) Dwarf*cough* and some others. Selective indiscrimination is key. See also "Pretty!"

• Keeping track of the appreciation
    Caught off-guard at how much you've missed? 1 simple click will ensure you won't miss another update again. Put this thread on watch! Locate the "Watch thread" button to the top and right of this post (button 3 of the 5 threads buttons you see) and click it.

Also, if you click on the "creation" bit in the "Age" column (last one) when you view a forum, it changes to "activity", and you get a list of threads which has been recently posted to, instead of when they were started. It's a much easier way to find the current TA thread since someone will probably post in it, and it usually appears on page 1 of the activity view. Certainly beats going back through the board to look for it.

I'm a lurker. Fan of both books and movies; it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X
    (Tis true! More appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies)

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!. (A tag-team fanfic with Avandel and Kerewyn)
    Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
    Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Aug 26 2014, 11:26am

Post #2 of 215 (12103 views)
    Shortcut
         A Look Back At The Past TA Threads [In reply to]  

So I was looking through the locked thread OPs to be sure we don't repeat OP images, and thought these were some interesting (to me) stats.

Thread I. Started Jan 26. Locked Feb 8. 401 replies.

Thread II. Started Feb 8. Locked Apr 12. 214 replies

Thread III. Started Apr 12. Locked May 5. 209 replies

Thread IV. Started May 5. Locked May 25. 218 replies

Thread V. Started May 25. Locked Jun 21. 233 replies

Thread VI. Started Jun 21. Locked Jul 1. 205 replies

Thread VII. Started Jul 1. Locked Jul 17. 209 replies

Thread VIII. Started Jul 17. Locked Aug 9. 206 replies

Thread IX. Started Aug 9. Locked Aug 17. 221 replies

Thread X. Started Aug 18. Locked Aug 26. 206 replies

I'm a lurker. Fan of both books and movies; it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!. (A tag-team fanfic with Avandel and Kerewyn)
    Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

(This post was edited by Silverlode on Aug 27 2014, 10:35am)

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Aug 26 2014, 1:20pm

Post #3 of 215 (11988 views)
    Shortcut
         Iterations of Thranduil's design [In reply to]  

source

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Aug 26 2014, 1:30pm

Post #4 of 215 (11966 views)
    Shortcut
         Psst! PD fans! [In reply to]  

because this!Heart

And juz cos I am a fan of Neil Gaiman: Starz, Bryan Fuller Board Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' (squee!)

=======

VValar
    Gondor

Aug 26 2014, 1:42pm

Post #5 of 215 (11975 views)
    Shortcut
         Great opening for the eleventh TA thread [In reply to]  

Thanks for starting the eleventh TA thread, Lurker!
    Where we can share our love for the amazing Heart Elven King Heart who has stolen many of hearts.

So without further ado, let's get the party going (Thranduil approves)

And keep on coming with all the great discussions and theories concerning all topics related to His Heart Fabulousness Heart

Not to mention, posting wonderful pics of the Great Leader of the Heart Mirkwood Realm Heart It doesn't matter if they are re-posts. It's always a pleasure.

Such as this one:

Or this one *THUD*

And there is more gorgeousness to come in the BotFA! *squeeeee*

Where we can finally see him display his total bad-ass fighting skills by killing off dozens -nay- hundreds of Orcs (per fight)

Without even so much as breaking a sweat OR causing any of his luminous, silky, golden(/silver Tongue) strands of hair to fall out of place

Really, this Elf is amazing. And will be even more Amazing in the upcoming movie, you'll see (if that's even possible).

And a special place for the SPAWN of the Great Elven Leader. Who clearly has inherited some of Daddy's best genesHeart

We should all close our eyes for a moment and be thankful such Elves exsist and we're not blinded by the mere sight of them.

Though some other 'unsavroy' characters (who come crashing into his home, get saved from a certain spider-related death and still do not have the decency to be grateful) might disagree.

Yes Thranduil was schocked by this as well (the ungratefulness that is).Behold the shocked expression of our beloved King.

Fortunately, Heart Thranduil Heart is not only handsome, amazing, fabulous, loving, caring, in possession of most amazing body, but he is also very WISE. Some may even call him Thranduil the WISE but that didn't sit so well with his cousin Celeborn, who is also known for his WISDOM and epicness (runs in the family). Therefor Thranduil rejected that title in all of his wisdom to leave some of the credit still upon Celeborn.
    However, in his un-paralelled wisdom, Thranduil showed the RUDE Dwarves mercy and let them stay in one of his *****accomodations. Because, he is just NICE like that.

(This post was edited by VValar on Aug 26 2014, 1:45pm)

Glorfindela
    Valinor

Aug 26 2014, 2:41pm

Post #6 of 215 (11955 views)
    Shortcut
         Gorgeous pix – many thanks [In reply to]  

I hope the film-makers take due note of the huge following Thranduil has and give him a substantial role in the film – more so than in DOS!

I think he (and Beorn) should be on a par with Thorin, Bilbo and Gandalf in terms of importance to the story. Such a memorable character from the book, and so well played in the film…

Avandel
    Half-elven

Aug 26 2014, 4:45pm

Post #7 of 215 (11955 views)
    Shortcut
         Ditto Beorn and Thranduil [In reply to]  

Just loved Mikael Persbrandt as Beorn.
    And thought I would post this blurb re Thranduil, as it contains one of the best quotes for me from the Hobbit, and I think we all want to hear LP say the line. Let us hope that PJ & co. are paying attention to the interest in Thranduil and Beorn!HeartHeartHeart
    (Well, yes, of course I want lots of Thorin, but that is probably a given all things considered....Angelic)

http://askmiddlearth.tumblr.com/...793/thranduils-greed

((This was a multi-question ask, so I blocked out the other questions to keep this post focused. Plus, it was really fun to go through and redact things, lol.))
    Not really… Of course, you’re free to interpret Thranduil’s character however you’d like, but there isn’t much in The Hobbit that supports this claim. Many readers think of Thranduil as greedy, and it’s all thanks to this quote:

In ancient days they had had wars with some of the dwarves, whom they accused of stealing their treasure. It is only fair to say that the dwarves gave a different account, and said that they only took what was their due, for the elf-king had bargained with them to shape his raw gold and silver, and had afterwards refused to give them their pay. If the elf-king had a weakness it was for treasure, especially for silver and white gems; and though his hoard was rich, he was ever eager for more, since he had not yet as great a treasure as other elf-lords of old.

Now, I admit, this whole paragraph makes Thranduil look pretty bad. But I honestly believe that the first half (the reference to ancient wars and conflicts between the dwarves and the elves) is actually a reference to Thingol. Since The Hobbit was written before Tolkien had cemented a lot of the Silmarillion stories, and certainly before he ever thought they’d be published, it’s very possible that he mixed Thingol’s story in with Thranduil. This theory is supported by the fact that, later on in the paragraph, Tolkien tells us that Thorin’s people weren’t involved with these old conflicts - if it wasn’t the dwarves of Moria, then it must have been the dwarves of Nogrod and Belegost, which were involved with the elves of the First Age.
    The second part of the quote explains that the reason Thranduil is interested in gold is because he sees it as a measure of his worth as a ruler. He compares his own treasure to the treasure amassed by the great elf-lords of the First Age. It’s not that he wants gold and jewels for the sake of having gold and jewels. He wants it because he believes it will prove that he is a great ruler. So it’s not really pure greed (at least, not greed for treasure.) All in all, the whole paragraph sounds worse than it actually is.
    Furthermore, Thranduil’s actions throughout the rest of the book suggest that he’s actually pretty willing to prioritize other issues over the accumulation of treasure. Yes, he responds to news of Smaug’s demise by marching straight for Erebor (where he thinks the treasure has been left unprotected.) But as soon as Bard’s messengers arrive, pleading for help with the wounded and homeless people of Esgaroth, he changes course and sends ahead food and supplies, arriving with his people to help rebuild the town. And later, when Bard suggests they attack the dwarves before they’ve had a chance to prepare for battle, Thranduil refuses, sayingLong will I tarry, ere I begin this war for gold.”
    Basically, while Thranduil likes treasure (who doesn’t), he isn’t portrayed as caring for gold and jewels above all else. He is willing to put aside the promise of treasure in order to help his friends, and even to avoid a fight with his enemies/not-really-friends.
    SOURCES: The Hobbit

"If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together" - Thorin, The Desolation of Smaug.

Thorinitis: Just that smokey barbecue sizzle on a bed of hot embers on a chill autumn night voice making you do things.

Glorfindela
    Valinor

Aug 26 2014, 4:52pm

Post #8 of 215 (11931 views)
    Shortcut
         Thank you for posting that, Avandel! [In reply to]  

Hope we see more of Beorn! His eyes are blue in this picture, though – strange, but I think the slightly weird brown eyes work really well on him, perhaps because a shape-shifter is not actually human, and one expects him to look a bit weird?

I also wouldn't mind more of Bard (as well as Thranduil and Beorn). He is very well played by Luke Evans, although his role is more 'straight' since he is human…

BlackFox
    Half-elven

Aug 26 2014, 5:56pm

Post #9 of 215 (11910 views)
    Shortcut
         Some of the images in your A Look Back At The Past TA Threads post are not showing [In reply to]  

Those of threads II, VIII and X.

To see a world in a grain of sand,
    And a heaven in a wild flower,
    Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
    And eternity in an hour.
    - William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

ltnjmy
    Rivendell

Aug 26 2014, 6:31pm

Post #10 of 215 (11903 views)
    Shortcut
         Loved this Posting VValar [In reply to]  

I am so pumped about Thrandy's badass fighting skills ! Smile

Liked this:
    shocked by this as well (the ungratefulness that is).Behold the shocked expression of our beloved King. Heart Evil

Ataahua
    Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 26 2014, 7:22pm

Post #11 of 215 (11914 views)
    Shortcut
         In our FAQs we ask people to not hotlink to images. [In reply to]  

Not only does it use the source site's bandwidth for no benefit to them, but it can also make images unviewable (as in the thread above). In the past, we've also had instances of a hotlinked image being automatically replaced with very non-family-friendly images as a lesson to those who would hotlink (and one of those disgusting images is still clear in my mind 10 years later).

Here is the relevant section in the FAQs:

10. We practice general rules of "netiquette" here, including NOT POSTING IN ALL CAPS (it's considered shouting) and not 'hotlinking' directly to pictures on another website (it uses up their bandwidth which is costing them money). If you want to post pictures without hotlinking, please refer to the FAQ on this Welcome Board for recommended methods. For more on netiquette, visit Wikipedia's Netiquette entry. Scroll down for netiquette specific to message boards.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
    Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
    Men: "Pretty rings..."
    Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

VValar
    Gondor

Aug 26 2014, 9:27pm

Post #12 of 215 (11904 views)
    Shortcut
         From your post in the previous thread [In reply to]  

No wonder all THIRTEEN Dwarves had such TROUBLE keeping on the straight and narrow of a simply straight path.

You're post sooo made me think of this wonderful Oakentoon:

The LARGE version:
    http://i3.photobucket.com/...814d2d8.jpg~original

(This post was edited by VValar on Aug 26 2014, 9:28pm)

VValar
    Gondor

Aug 26 2014, 9:36pm

Post #13 of 215 (11860 views)
    Shortcut
         I hear you [In reply to]  

And (of course) I totally agree with your reasoning. I really do hope they make Thranduil's part in BotFA substantial bigger (bigger than Legolas' or Tauriel's). I really feel we were deprived of Thranduil a bit in DOS, I hope PJ makes up for it in the next film.
    Besides the obvious role he has to play in the final instalment, I hope we also see a lot more father/son interaction. Why else include Legolas, if his relationship with is father is not further explored. I don't want to see two very different and seperate storylines of Thranduil/Legolas but rather more intertwined (it would seem logical to me).

VValar
    Gondor

Aug 26 2014, 9:40pm

Post #14 of 215 (11871 views)
    Shortcut
         Thanks for sharing that link [In reply to]  

Heart Liked reading it a lot.

And YES please!

In Reply To

And thought I would post this blurb re Thranduil, as it contains one of the best quotes for me from the Hobbit, and I think we all want to hear LP say the line. Let us hope that PJ & co. are paying attention to the interest in Thranduil and Beorn!HeartHeartHeart

Eruvandi
    Tol Eressea

Aug 26 2014, 11:03pm

Post #15 of 215 (11855 views)
    Shortcut
         Number XI! [In reply to]  

Already? Wow, I’m still only halfway through the posts from the last thread! (Though, I should really be used to this by nowWink)

Anyway, in brief response to some things in the old thread:

This post:

Thanks so much Elciryamo for your insight into Thranduil’s fighting style. Very interesting!

This post:

@Cirashala: Nice theory re the Ring possibly exacerbating/causing the dragon sickness! This is something I shall have to think about further.

This post:

@Kerewyn, that ACMI thing you’re going to sounds fascinating! I’d love to hear about once it’s over if you’d like to share with us. Smile

Re the soundtrack: Awesome! Hope you enjoy it! Did you know that the booklet is actually interactive? If you have a smart phone and you get this Water Tower music app, you can open the app, point your phone’s camera at different pages and unlock special, hidden content! Even if your phone doesn’t do that kind of thing, TORn showed some of the stuff you can unlock as well as how to use the app, etc, in this little Unboxing Hobbit DOS soundtrack video. I tried it myself when I got the soundtrack and it’s pretty fun to figure out which pages have hidden stuff.Cool

Re the Sydney Comic Con: They’re going to have Orlando?! *skims through guest list* AND they’ve got Stephen Hunter, Dean O’Gorman, and people from Warehouse 13 and Eureka?!(my two fave Syfy Channel shows) ARG!! Not fair!Frown

This post:
    @Avandel: Ooooh, pretty pics! That purple tinted one with Leggy and Thrandy riding through Mirkwood is actually one I’ve been looking for for a long time! I had seen it way back some time last year on another site, loved it, but then forgot to save it and totally lost track of it and hadn’t seen it since. I’m glad someone was able to find it even if it isn’t very big. Thanks! *saves pic* I also love that other one below it. Heart *saves that one too*
    Re this post: Nice Frozen reference in that last pic, LOL! Laugh

Ok, back to reading posts!

P.S. found this on Twitter: https://twitter.com/...s/500779766593880064

"Home is behind the world ahead
    And there are many paths to tread
    Through shadow to the edge of night
    Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
    Cloud and shade
    All shall fade
    All shall fade"

Eruvandi
    Tol Eressea

Aug 26 2014, 11:30pm

Post #16 of 215 (11847 views)
    Shortcut
         Ditto all the way [In reply to]  

Hope we see more of Beorn! His eyes are blue in this picture, though – strange, but I think the slightly weird brown eyes work really well on him, perhaps because a shape-shifter is not actually human, and one expects him to look a bit weird?

More Beorn would be very nice, and I agree, the slightly weird brown eyes give him a good not-quite-human feel. Speaking of which, is it just me, or are they also making his eyes a bit bigger than normal along with changing the color?

More Bard would be great too! I really like what they've done with him.Cool

"Home is behind the world ahead
    And there are many paths to tread
    Through shadow to the edge of night
    Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
    Cloud and shade
    All shall fade
    All shall fade"

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Aug 26 2014, 11:42pm

Post #17 of 215 (11851 views)
    Shortcut
         Gah! They looked fine in preview [In reply to]  

Thanks for the headsup, BlackFox

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Aug 26 2014, 11:45pm

Post #18 of 215 (11866 views)
    Shortcut
         But Attaahua, all these images were uploaded from local dr, no hotlinking at all [In reply to]  

CrazyAnd as I said to BlackFox, everything looked fine in preview. What's going on?

=======

Glorfindela
    Valinor

Aug 26 2014, 11:59pm

Post #19 of 215 (11863 views)
    Shortcut
         Yes [In reply to]  

I think Beorn's eyes do look a bit bigger and slightly (but not too much) weirder than human eyes. The colour is also a beautiful, though strange brown.

And yes, definitely more Bard – he's also being played by a very good actor and they've got the expansion of his role spot on, I think. (The bit where he is reciting the poem in the film is one of my favourites in DoS – haunting and beautifully done.)

In Reply To
    More Beorn would be very nice, and I agree, the slightly weird brown eyes give him a good not-quite-human feel. Speaking of which, is it just me, or are they also making his eyes a bit bigger than normal along with changing the color?

More Bard would be great too! I really like what they've done with him.Cool

Ataahua
    Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 27 2014, 12:59am

Post #20 of 215 (11857 views)
    Shortcut
         Hmm. [In reply to]  

If you're loading them from your computer (which I think is what you mean by 'local dr'), then have you double-checked that they aren't oversized? I'm not certain, but there might be an automatic block on loading images directly from your computer if they're too big (which I know can happen when someone tries to load an oversized avatar image).

The image size guidelines are in our FAQs in the Welcome section.

If the images aren't oversized, then I can only reaffirm that computers are designed to be frustrating.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
    Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
    Men: "Pretty rings..."
    Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Avandel
    Half-elven

Aug 27 2014, 1:14am

Post #21 of 215 (11879 views)
    Shortcut
         *waves to Eruvandi* [In reply to]  

There's a post for you on the Thorin appreciation thread, hope those are new images (yeah, OT, but you so nice about the RA heads-upHeartHeartHeart). I hope one day I can find the larger versions of the T & L art! Loved those.

And just because:

This is pretty OT, but after all there be dragons, and just thought it was SO COOL:

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Aug 27 2014, 1:28am

Post #22 of 215 (11857 views)
    Shortcut
         Yes, from the compie and upload size were definitely all legit [In reply to]  

Can't even complete upload if the filesize is more than 48.6KB and all mine were much much less than that. Attaahua, could you edit the post and add back the messed up images? I presume once in edit mode, the inline attachments should show as well - the files are all named for the thread OP pic they were from. But just in case, here are the missing ones, uploaded again. Thanks!
    II

VIII

X

*clicks post reply with fingers crossed*

ETA: See! It works now! And they are the exact same files in the post!Crazy

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Aug 27 2014, 1:29am)

Avandel
    Half-elven

Aug 27 2014, 1:36am

Post #23 of 215 (11848 views)
    Shortcut
         Bard isn't blowing me away but I like him a lot [In reply to]  

If that makes any sense. I particularly like (besides the prophecy reading) the looks Bard gives the dwarves when they first meet, re knowing the story Balin is spinning smells like those dead fishCool. And I really like the expression of desperation in the trailer when Bard was talking to Thorin, because it was so anguished - e.g. a single brief scene and he's begging for Thorin to make a different choice, almost, which I found moving - so much being said through the eyes.

Think there will be plenty of Bard - and I bet Beorn is kept hidden until the film release, but OK by me - don't need everything spoiled. I am sure Beorn will define epic, in the end.

"If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together" - Thorin, The Desolation of Smaug.

Thorinitis: Just that smokey barbecue sizzle on a bed of hot embers on a chill autumn night voice making you do things.

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Aug 27 2014, 7:21am

Post #24 of 215 (11820 views)
    Shortcut
         LoL! Well, at least this shows even the staunchest of Dwarf sympathiser [In reply to]  

admitted to the direction-challengedness of Thorin and Company SlySlySly It is not often The Peckish Owl take a break from Dwarf elevating and talk some truthFrownTongue

Thanks, VValar! This made my crappy day.Smile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Aug 27 2014, 7:24am

Post #25 of 215 (11843 views)
    Shortcut
         *THUDDERING THUD THUd THud Thud thud* [In reply to]  

And keep on coming with all the great discussions and theories concerning all topics related to His Heart Fabulousness Heart

Not to mention, posting wonderful pics of the Great Leader of the Heart Mirkwood Realm Heart It doesn't matter if they are re-posts. It's always a pleasure.

Keep 'em comin!HeartHeart

Fortunately, Heart Thranduil Heart is not only handsome, amazing, fabulous, loving, caring, in possession of most amazing body, but he is also very WISE. Some may even call him Thranduil the WISE but that didn't sit so well with his cousin Celeborn, who is also known for his WISDOM and epicness (runs in the family). Therefor Thranduil rejected that title in all of his wisdom to leave some of the credit still upon Celeborn.
    However, in his un-paralelled wisdom, Thranduil showed the RUDE Dwarves mercy and let them stay in one of his *****accomodations. Because, he is just NICE like that.

This!Heart

=======

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.