Shortcut
Also Steven Moffat for writing :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Old Toby
Grey Havens

Aug 26 2014, 3:29am

Post #3 of 24 (647 views)
Shortcut
All I can say is..... [In reply to] Can't Post

IT'S ABOUT TIME!! I mean, it's about time Benedict won a major award for his work as Sherlock. The show has garnered practically every other award possible, and Benedict's been nominated a million times, but has never won. Not even a BAFTA. I am SO delighted that he and Martin and Steven Moffat all got this recognition.

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

Glassary
Rivendell

Aug 26 2014, 4:02am

Post #4 of 24 (638 views)
Shortcut
Absolutely thrilled [In reply to] Can't Post

Sherlock is one of my favorite shows and more than deserved the recognition.

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Aug 26 2014, 4:17am

Post #5 of 24 (660 views)
Shortcut
I saw! I am so happy! [In reply to] Can't Post

But aside from that I was really mad!Pirate Game of Thrones got NOTHING and Breaking Bad dominated every category. Downtown Abbey was also severely overlooked. Honestly I just get angry at award shows sometimes.

"And so they stood on the walls of the city of Gondor, and a great wind rose and blew, and their hair, raven and golden, streamed out mingling in the air."

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Aug 26 2014, 2:25pm

Post #6 of 24 (598 views)
Shortcut
I watched on and off [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not a fan of awards shows at all and usually they are boring. I have to say Seth Meyers was entertaining. Glad for Martin, Ben and Moffat. Awards though overall aren't my cup of tea for some reason but again, glad for them. I thought the Robin Williams tribute was well done.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Aug 26 2014, 3:45pm

Post #7 of 24 (584 views)
Shortcut
HUZZAH!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Finally..... a terrific, intelligent show gets noticed.

"Judge me by my size, would you?" Max the Hobbit Husky.

Annael
Immortal

Aug 26 2014, 4:15pm

Post #8 of 24 (586 views)
Shortcut
and WHY is Tatiana Maslany not even nominated? [In reply to] Can't Post

She should be running away with Best Actress in a Drama every year.

To be sane we must recognize our beliefs as fictions.

- James Hillman, Healing Fiction

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 26 2014, 4:38pm

Post #9 of 24 (581 views)
Shortcut
WOOHOOO!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

HOW VERY COOL and WELL DESERVED!! Congrats to ALL the Sherlock Creators!

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - May 15, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Aug 26 2014, 5:30pm

Post #10 of 24 (581 views)
Shortcut
Well that's GREAT!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Honestly don't watch the Emmys and don't care that much, but I'd forgotten "Sherlock" had been nominated. All MSNBC talked about was "Breaking Bad," well good for them but I never watched that show.

I freed his wretched head from his miserable shoulders.

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Aug 26 2014, 6:23pm

Post #11 of 24 (582 views)
Shortcut
They make such a brilliant team [In reply to] Can't Post

and the show is brain-achingly clever and sometimes completely crazy - excellent entertainment. Good for them!

Aerin
Grey Havens

Aug 26 2014, 7:15pm

Post #12 of 24 (573 views)
Shortcut
No kidding! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's not even a contest!

Hobbit Family Histories

Annael
Immortal

Aug 27 2014, 12:35am

Post #13 of 24 (561 views)
Shortcut
the readers of "The Mary Sue" agree [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.themarysue.com/2014-reader-poll-emmy-award-winners/

To be sane we must recognize our beliefs as fictions.

- James Hillman, Healing Fiction

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Aug 27 2014, 2:06am

Post #14 of 24 (557 views)
Shortcut
Freeman [In reply to] Can't Post

Hands down was superb in His Last Vow. That scene at 221B after he finds out Mary lied to him followed by the reunion scene at the Holmes residence was some of the best acting of the series. Freeman definitely has the acting chops and now he only needs an Oscar and Tony. LOL. He probably won't get it for The Hobbit but he's known in the industry and I hope to see him in some really great movie rolls.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Aerin
Grey Havens

Aug 27 2014, 3:14am

Post #15 of 24 (549 views)
Shortcut
Well, I do love Juliana, [In reply to] Can't Post

but how many characters does she play? Tatiana should have won lead, supporting, and guest. There's no one on TV like her, nor likely to be.

And what about Game of Thrones for best drama? Or Peter Dinklage? Or Diana Rigg?

I have to admit, I have not watched Breaking Bad. Not a single minute of any episode, because everything I've read about it suggests that I would hate it.

Hobbit Family Histories

Kelly of Water's Edge
Rohan

Aug 27 2014, 1:15pm

Post #16 of 24 (549 views)
Shortcut
Does anyone in the U.S. know [In reply to] Can't Post

if Sherlock is On Demand for FIOS? I'd like to see it, but it doesn't look like PBS has made it available.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Aug 27 2014, 2:17pm

Post #17 of 24 (533 views)
Shortcut
Another 'Hobbit' connection to the Emmys [In reply to] Can't Post

Stephen Colbert also accepted an Emmy this year; The Colbert Report won for Best Variety Series.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

BlackFox
Half-elven

Aug 27 2014, 2:26pm

Post #18 of 24 (529 views)
Shortcut
And let's not forget Fargo [In reply to] Can't Post

Which won for Outstanding Miniseries and Outstanding Directing for a Miniseries, Movie or a Dramatic Special.

To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 27 2014, 10:00pm

Post #19 of 24 (513 views)
Shortcut
I don't know about FIOS, but [In reply to] Can't Post

the PBS Masterpiece Mystery website archives and streams shows like Sherlock and Downton Abbey for a few weeks (a month?) after air date. I assume it's a limitation of their licensing agreement with the BBC that they can't do it for longer, so you can't watch episodes from past series there. But they do keep all the PBS-exclusive extras up, like episode summaries, previews, and short interviews with the cast, quizzes, etc.

Silverlode

Want a LOTR Anniversary footer of your own? Get one here!

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zâram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nâla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dűm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Aug 28 2014, 3:54pm

Post #20 of 24 (498 views)
Shortcut
It's on Netflix [In reply to] Can't Post

NetFlix has the exclusive Sherlock as well as behind the scenes stuff.

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Aug 28 2014, 3:58pm

Post #21 of 24 (502 views)
Shortcut
Honestly [In reply to] Can't Post

I have watched and am a fan of both Breaking Bad and GoT. In my opinion Breaking Bad wins it hands down. The transition of the Walter White character as well as the Aaron Paul character is just brilliantly written and acted. not taking anything away from GoT or the actors. I wished Lena Headey had won because I think she deserved it.

But if you had to give me Dinklage vs. Bryan Cranston? Sorry. No contest. Not Dinklage's fault but the depth of Breaking Bad in my opinion is better head to head. That's not to say GoT isn't great. It is. But the depth of the story, acting and writing in BB I think is better.

I realize others disagree, and obviously just my opinion .

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Aug 28 2014, 9:30pm

Post #22 of 24 (489 views)
Shortcut
IKR? [In reply to] Can't Post

Breaking Bad sounds super lame. GOT has a wonderful and complex storyline with great characters. It can't be topped.

"And so they stood on the walls of the city of Gondor, and a great wind rose and blew, and their hair, raven and golden, streamed out mingling in the air."

Darkstone
Immortal

Aug 28 2014, 9:35pm

Post #23 of 24 (489 views)
Shortcut
BofA? [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh, right. "Mean Girls", not stock market.Smile

Aragorn and Legolas went now with Éomer in the van.
-Helm’s Deep, Chapter 7, Book III, The Two Towers

"Rorth Rorlingas!!"

Sauron: "And I would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for those meddling hobbits!"

(Thanks to Brethil for image and battlecry.)

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Aug 29 2014, 1:24am

Post #24 of 24 (488 views)
Shortcut
I was so happy for Fargo [In reply to] Can't Post

Freeman has to be darned proud to have been in both Sherlock and Fargo which between them got like 9 Emmys. Freeman does have a knack for picking well written material in general. Good for him. I hope he gets more big screen stuff in the future.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.