Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Hopefully, some production VLOGs will be coming soon,,,September?

Eruonen
Half-elven

Aug 24 2014, 7:30pm

Post #1 of 6 (1113 views)
Shortcut
Hopefully, some production VLOGs will be coming soon,,,September? Can't Post

Looking over the release dates for DOS Vlogs I see,,,

Prod diary July 1
Trailer 2 Oct 1
Prod diary 12 Nov 4
I See Fire Nove 5
Sneak peak Nov 6
Prod diary 13 Dec 4

Since there has been relative silence, other than the trailer, maybe an update in September? If not, we most likely won't see anything until October.

LadyEmmaE
Bree

Aug 25 2014, 10:34am

Post #2 of 6 (443 views)
Shortcut
I hope so [In reply to] Can't Post

I really enjoy the VLOGs that PJ makes. Very interesting and gets me all excited to see the films :D Let's hope he does release some more (I think that they'll be released around September/October time)

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Aug 25 2014, 2:24pm

Post #3 of 6 (434 views)
Shortcut
we may be done altogether [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not sure really how much PJ has left in the can. A lot of the stuff has either been put out already or is on the DVD's. We will see trailers no doubt, can't wait to see those. But not sure beyond that what we'll see. I hope I'm wrong and we see something!

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Eruonen
Half-elven

Aug 25 2014, 2:59pm

Post #4 of 6 (400 views)
Shortcut
I am hoping for at least one VLOG covering the work [In reply to] Can't Post

being done over the last 4 months. I know there was a lot of CGI, film scoring, voice work, and even some scene work.

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Aug 25 2014, 4:56pm

Post #5 of 6 (401 views)
Shortcut
If we get anymore VLOGs at all... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think we'll only get them as part of special events like that one from last year that had the sneak peek trailer and the clips from DOS that only the people in the theaters got to see. However, I doubt we'll get anymore random VLOG releases all by themselves.

This is totally IMO, but it just seems to me that WB is trying really hard not to give out as much free info about BotFA as they did with the other movies. Also, it's been suggested by some people that WB may not have been that happy about the VLOGs to begin with because it leaves less new material for them to put as special features on the theatrical edition DVDs, sooo, they may be limiting PJ on them this year. *shrugs*Unsure Like I said, if we get any, they'll likely be during whatever special events they may have planned for later this year. Otherwise, I think we would have seen at least one by now.

"Home is behind the world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Aug 25 2014, 11:29pm

Post #6 of 6 (311 views)
Shortcut
Agree [In reply to] Can't Post

We would have seen one by now. I suspect WB doesn't ant to release them as they feel it's stuff that can be used to market and sell the DVD's. This along with the fact there just isn't as much out there now.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.