First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Cirashala
Valinor

Aug 24 2014, 5:20am

Post #76 of 209 (2275 views)
Shortcut
     do you really fault the guy? [In reply to]  

He nearly drowned twice during the barrel sequence filming Tongue

If I had two near drownings within a few weeks or months to each other, I might find my water loving self a bit more shy about it! Wink

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 24 2014, 10:26am

Post #77 of 209 (2273 views)
Shortcut
     The GIFs... geez it's even worse seeing the wasted opportunity in pieces [In reply to]  

http://the-hobbit.tumblr.com/...rmitage-does-the-als

I'm a lurker. Fan of both books and movies; it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X
(Tis true! More appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies)

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!. (A tag-team fanfic with Avandel and Kerewyn)
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 24 2014, 10:33am

Post #78 of 209 (2265 views)
Shortcut
     pssst [In reply to]  

Nah, stiff-necked dwarves, ya'know. Let's just enjoy entertaining ourselves. SlyEvil
HeartHeartHeart

After all, we're just returning their courtesy in the Halls of the ElvenkingEvil

I'm a lurker. Fan of both books and movies; it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!. (A tag-team fanfic with Avandel and Kerewyn)
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 24 2014, 10:39am

Post #79 of 209 (2248 views)
Shortcut
     Obviously the refusal to eat greens [In reply to]  

contributes much to the poor vision of Dwarves

ARTIFICIAL LIGHT ONLY
NATURAL SUNLIGHT

Even when it's where the sun doesn't usually shine elsewhere

=======

VValar
Gondor

Aug 24 2014, 12:45pm

Post #80 of 209 (2253 views)
Shortcut
     Are you sure you cannot be persuaded to... [In reply to]  

... the right side? The light side?

I mean this (all wet and damp and angry-looking)

or this (perfect silver straight hair and looking fierce)

VValar
Gondor

Aug 24 2014, 12:49pm

Post #81 of 209 (2228 views)
Shortcut
     You're right [In reply to]  

I think there is no more hope for these Thorin Thralls, sadly. They have all crossed over to Erebor and are waiting for the arrival of their Mountain King.

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 24 2014, 12:50pm

Post #82 of 209 (2236 views)
Shortcut
     *Frantically gesture cancel to VValar* [In reply to]  

Wrong pic of that disagreeable (among other things) dwarf to use here Evil

=======

VValar
Gondor

Aug 24 2014, 12:53pm

Post #83 of 209 (2244 views)
Shortcut
     LOL [In reply to]  

Yes yes I have to admit it is not my best work. But I couldn't find any pics of Thorin just crawling out of Barn's toilet, so this one was closest to resembling that what I had set out to do. Anyway, it made sense in my head Evil but now I see it probably was not the best choice. Still, it's still hardly any competition against that wonderful pic of Thranduil.

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 24 2014, 1:12pm

Post #84 of 209 (2224 views)
Shortcut
     Valiant effort VValar [In reply to]  

But I wonder if Avandel plagued by Thorinitis (though Thranduilitis is also manifest) will see it so. I have more knowledge of Avandel in general than you have perhaps. I advise you to just hang out, and here you shall be entertained and thrice amused.

=======

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 24 2014, 4:51pm

Post #85 of 209 (2241 views)
Shortcut
     wet and damp and angry-looking *THUD* [In reply to]  

I mean this (all wet and damp and angry-looking)

You noticed too *drool*Tongue? Well, how you could you not.....

*snuggle*WinkHeartHeartHeart

"If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together" - Thorin, The Desolation of Smaug.

Thorinitis: Just that smokey barbecue sizzle on a bed of hot embers on a chill autumn night voice making you do things.

VValar
Gondor

Aug 24 2014, 6:06pm

Post #86 of 209 (2226 views)
Shortcut
     He's wet a lot [In reply to]  

Don't you think? But I'm guessing you don't really mind Smile

VValar
Gondor

Aug 24 2014, 6:16pm

Post #87 of 209 (2222 views)
Shortcut
     I will hang out [In reply to]  

and watch the magic happen Cool

On another note, it doesn't really surprise me that Thorin and co. were caught and held prisoner by Thranduil. I mean, if you are King and you're convesation with said captive goes somewhere down the line like this:

(*lol* we get it already. You poor guys were OBVIOUSLY starving to death *roll eyes*)
I would probably have an epic anger outburst and a gigantic headache to booth for having to endure such stubborn answers. Thus I find Thranduil being very gentle and polite for letting them stay and feeding the poor starving Dwarfs in the first place Heart

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 24 2014, 6:49pm

Post #88 of 209 (2231 views)
Shortcut
     RA and water [In reply to]  

He had a near-drowning when he was a small child. He's been phobic of water-immersion ever since.

And says that the fear he displays when having to do underwater scenes is real...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 24 2014, 7:39pm

Post #89 of 209 (2210 views)
Shortcut
     Thanks dernwyn! [In reply to]  

Which of course WITH anyone in no way - being a fearful flier myself - do I ever personally question things that trouble folks. Well, except being an environmentalist folks might be subject to nagging lectures on various critters.EvilEvilEvil Seeing as most of that seems to be society and poor educationFrown.

Not that I'm some great swimmer, but like reading hate to see folks not being able to enjoy the water as much as they could, including some of my family members who were just never taught.Frown

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 24 2014, 8:31pm

Post #90 of 209 (2215 views)
Shortcut
     What? [In reply to]  

TongueTongueHeartHeartHeart

Kim
Valinor

Aug 24 2014, 8:57pm

Post #91 of 209 (2221 views)
Shortcut
     You say that like it's a bad thing [In reply to]  

And as Avandel has shown, it's really, really not. Evil

“Will you follow me, one last time?”

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 24 2014, 10:13pm

Post #92 of 209 (2212 views)
Shortcut
     You have a kindly heart, VValar [In reply to]  

Ever ready, in your misplaced sympathy for the wan, skinny beings that waft about Middle Earth - to put the kindest possible interpretation on their behavior. And you are not wholly wrong, in that most of the time, said beings don't DO much that could be considered inherently offensive. They don't do much of anything reallyUnimpressed, re a strict ascetic vegetarian diet that renders most incapable of anything beyond a light poetry reading - nothing TOO strenuous, mind you. Even lifting a heavy spoon at times results in a light sheen of sweat and the need for a lie-down.Shocked

Makes one wonder, really, why so many of them insist on wearing the equivalent of several rooms' worth of bedding, but I guess w. the reduced blood flow it's to keep out drafts.Angelic

I fear in your warm-heartedness your have misinterpreted the passage (and I say this with complete confidence in that I have many, many literary degrees which I 'shopped on actual vellum! and a few of course I acquired online via foreign universities for a few dollars - fully accredited of course.Cool)

Part of the issue, of course, is the neglect of illustrations of the passage, rendering it impossible for the average person to fully embrace the actual TONE of the speakers. Thus, we must INTERPOLATE from existing imagery. So, as we see throughout the course of the films, our Mountain King is most NOBLE, laden with heavy sorrows. No saint was ever more patient, courteous, and inspirational as is the Lord of Silver Fountains - indeed, in another time and place Thorin would have been celebrated in art worldwide as a spiritual leader.

Verily I know when I gaze upon Thorin, I feel INSPIRED, to say the least with impure thoughts.EvilTongueHeart

So, as we examine this passage with an enhanced appreciation of the courtliness of the Mountain King (recall him thanking the lowly waitress!) - we see this passage in its TRUE sense, e.g. the long-suffering #Majesty patiently, even courteously answering the same question rudely put to him over and over in a harassing manner, while Thorin worries desperately about the fate of his Company. Note that at no time does Thorin FALL from courtesy, and ask Thranduil why doesn't he mind his own *bleep* business, thank you very muchEvil.

Here of course, painfully, we see the treatment our magnificent Heir of Durin as filmed - forced to stand in a DARK room, treated with wholly unprovoked and threatening hostility, and not even an offer of a cup of coffee!!!. It's horrible to watch!ShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked

And mind you, this is AFTER experiencing a blatant kidnapping and theft by the SPAWN of the elven leader:

For shame Shocked- all the unwritten traditions of "guest-friendship" indifferently scattered like leaves in the wind, by this rustic, cranky group of wild elves, who were so blind to the glory that had unwittingly, and with such patient fortitude, come into their midst. It makes me weep to think of the long-suffering Thorin and his regal bearing through the INDIGNITY of it all.FrownFrownFrown

Fortunately for the audience, Lo! Thorin's #Majesty is ever unbowed. Undimmed. And completely INSPIRATIONAL of course.TongueTongueTongue

HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

"If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together" - Thorin, The Desolation of Smaug.

Thorinitis: Just that smokey barbecue sizzle on a bed of hot embers on a chill autumn night voice making you do things.

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 24 2014, 10:41pm

Post #93 of 209 (2213 views)
Shortcut
     Well. Kim. we must charitable [In reply to]  

Because of the well-known elven HAIR ENVY. It's hard on a population that - say what you will - must be AWARE of the often-bandied myths of elves being the most fair, blah blah.Evil
Then confronted with a being of such MAGNIFICENCE who ALSO LOOKS UTTERLY COMPELLING NO MATTER WHAT.

For instance:

And of course, Thorin's hair *unbound* simply removes all other players from the board. Think about it - how often, really, do we ever see a WET elf?Wink

Even re Helm's Deep and upcoming BOFA, we see lots of convenient elven helmets (to keep out the WET SNOW).Wink

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Aug 25 2014, 1:08am

Post #94 of 209 (2192 views)
Shortcut
     :D [In reply to]  

You do rock, you know?Heart Lelogas is pleased his thrall thinks of the people of Gimli, his friend.

I'm always happy to help. Angelic

*pounces on Leggy and hugs the crud out of him*

Avandel, I don't understand why you're so happy. Honestly, I think it's really terrible of RA to do the challenge in a suit. This is what he should have been wearing!MadFrownBlushTongueEvil

I agree. I may only casually like RA, but I have to admit...that shirt works for him!HeartSmile

"Home is behind the world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

Kim
Valinor

Aug 25 2014, 1:18am

Post #95 of 209 (2212 views)
Shortcut
     Yes, you're quite right, of course [In reply to]  

I've been restraining myself out of pity for the followers of those limp-haired beings. And that's an interesting point that they conveniently have helmets on when their hair is in danger of getting wet. Most convenient indeed. Some folks are just more hardy out in the elements. And #majestic. And smoldering.

“Will you follow me, one last time?”

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Aug 25 2014, 1:27am

Post #96 of 209 (2187 views)
Shortcut
     RA tweeted that he's got a Hobbit Movie photo shoot this Wednesday... [In reply to]  

Here...but he's concerned because he's still got a 1962-style "weird-beard" going on. Therefore, he's asking people for ideas on how he can disguise or enhance the beard, and preferably these ideas will be better than this. He-he!Laugh He's too funny!Heart

"Home is behind the world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 25 2014, 10:18am

Post #97 of 209 (2210 views)
Shortcut
     It's gotten worse. [In reply to]  

Steven Hunter tweeted "Baconshield", then imaginations went wild, and now there's these two, Graham McTavish, Adam Brown, Dean O'Gorman, Jed Brophy, and Pete Hambleton all tweeting about a fan pic of Thorin holding the "Baconshield" and "Porkrist".

This is worse than Lee Pace tweeting that season 2 of "Halt and Catch Fire" was going to be played "in the nude Halt and Go Naked".

It's gotta be something in the NZ water...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

VValar
Gondor

Aug 25 2014, 12:12pm

Post #98 of 209 (2188 views)
Shortcut
     Wouldn't have a problem with it [In reply to]  

And of course, Thorin's hair *unbound* simply removes all other players from the board. Think about it - how often, really, do we ever see a WET elf?Wink

There's nothing wrong with a soaked Elf Cool
here

Or a bit damp from the rain

I do think his Dad would look even better in the rain, but unfortunately there are no pictures of that *yet*

And no you don't see many Elfs who are soaked by water. Because they simply just do not fall randomly into water. Or having to escape in barrels because they antagonized a surperior leader of a very gracious race.
Only when they are outdoors in bad weather conditions, for example when they have to defend all of Mankind against thousands of Uruk-Hai, do they tend to get a bit wet. But even the rain is conidering, for most of it falls around them.

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 25 2014, 12:15pm

Post #99 of 209 (2183 views)
Shortcut
     What did I tell you, VValar? [In reply to]  

Avandel's condition is terminal. Septicemia has set in. That's why her eyes do not function and she called the Halls of the Woodland Realm dark.

So of course she can't see the truth:

=======

VValar
Gondor

Aug 25 2014, 12:31pm

Post #100 of 209 (2168 views)
Shortcut
     *squeeeee* [In reply to]  

I kindof lost track of your shameless propoganda when I saw these pictures coming by (next time you want to make a point, you really shouldn't use any Elf pictures to accompany your writing. Leaves me totally distracted)

Elvenking got a bit upset when he was wrongfully accused by Thorin of not helping when the Dragon popped by (who only stopped to say 'hi' because of the excessive compulsive hoarding behaviour of his (grand)father). Don't blame your own wrongs onto a being of such wisdom and honesty.

And mind you, this is AFTER experiencing a blatant kidnapping and theft by the SPAWN of the elven leader:

Such. Pretty. Hurts. My eyes. Spawn of the Elven leader indeed Heart
Spawn was being very friendly for rescuing lost Thorin from Evil Mirkwood Spiders who would have eaten him and his company alive (not a very nice way to die) if Pretty Spawn had not intervened. But did our beloved Prince recieved a thank you from the Dwarven trespasser? No, don't think so. Such rudeness Unimpressed
Thorin just looks very angry (again) and hostile (once more) at our dear Legolas. No wonder they took away his weapons, such a shame!

No wonder his

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.