Where be the Fili and Kili fans? Another image thread
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 23 2014, 1:51am

Post #1 of 26 (2508 views)
Shortcut
Where be the Fili and Kili fans? Another image thread Can't Post

I love ALL the dwarves. My heart d@mn near burst w. pride when Ori started punching that orc out in the river. But srsly, as far as I am concerned, and even with all of the wise TORn posters knowledge and kindness and reading about the sister-son concept of the Norse and all that, things are just gonna hurt fro me re Fili and Kili MadFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownUnsure

I was gonna add more to the Thorin image thread, but started thinking - IMO it's bad enough we never got enough dwarf INTERaction. But before BOFA comes, I figured since NOT ENOUGH TIME was given to seeing Thorin interact with his nephews, thought Fili and Kili deserve their place. Especially Fili in that to me, he was frustratingly underutilized - tho that may have been deliberate to bring him forward in BOFAUnsure (and yes, there was the issue of the actor-change midstream, but happily so to me.)

And I remember all the fomenting and fussing over the "hot dwarves" LOL. Aside from that tho, in wandering through the web, there are countless art depictions and 'toons of the mighty Thorin and his soft spot for these baby nephews:

And then there's the fascination with not just the Heir of Durin, but the HEIRS:

How cool was this? I loved this - the younger scout-warriors and the King Under the Mountain.HeartHeartHeart

That brother-bond.HeartHeartHeart

Was NEVER enough of Fili, tho I know about the actor switch. But we have needed more Fili for a while! Happy that improved in DOS.HeartHeartHeart

I've been so impressed with Aidan Turner - yeah, even the *cough* more trying scenes think he gives his all....HeartHeartHeart

I think the reunion of the "Durins" will be one of the best parts of the film, but watching the death of innocence with these guys will be very hard *sigh*. HeartFrownHeart

"If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together" - Thorin, The Desolation of Smaug.

Thorinitis: Just that smokey barbecue sizzle on a bed of hot embers on a chill autumn night voice making you do things.

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 23 2014, 2:12am

Post #2 of 26 (2245 views)
Shortcut
What? Not more Thorin-spam?? Anyway, I'll have the Fili, but hold the Kili please [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile Wow, you're on a row here, Dwarf Fancier with the lard-on-tap postsSly

How's this for kiddie doting father figure interaction? Makes you feel all scruffy inside in a special way dun'it?

Nice way to seed the fanclub. Gotta start'em young I guessTongue

PS you know I'm just eternally peeved there's not more Elfy goodness on tap Unsure So here's one for team Thranduil for balance

I'm a lurker. Fan of both books and movies; it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X
(Tis true! More appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies)

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback by Kerewyn, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBofTA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 23 2014, 4:00am

Post #3 of 26 (2168 views)
Shortcut
Lovely of you *grins* [In reply to] Can't Post

Guess it's SOMETHING towards pilfering all of Fili's lovely weaponry. And Kili getting snarked *ouch* by a dwarf, tho he seems to have enjoyed it Wink

They are FUN, and gorgeous. So many favorite scenes in these films, but it's just adorable when these two show up.HeartHeartHeart

Whether it's because the actors actually liked each other, it was completely believable these two were brothers, at least to me. They are together, they look at each other at the right places - more perfect casting tho that seems to be a given in the Hobbit films. HeartHeartHeart

They just go together!

Just *sob*HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart I can't stand it.Frown

PS. I can't really blame you for squeezing an elf in here thoCool. And after all, it WAS an elf that saved our Kili!

"If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together" - Thorin, The Desolation of Smaug.

Thorinitis: Just that smokey barbecue sizzle on a bed of hot embers on a chill autumn night voice making you do things.

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Aug 23 2014, 4:23am

Post #4 of 26 (2184 views)
Shortcut
Well I love Kili a ton! *clears throat* So here are some particularly lovely pics. [In reply to] Can't Post

He looks really brooding in this one. Heart

He can also ride a pony!

I know some people might not like this last one, but I really ship them!

*goes back to hiding in a corner*

"And so they stood on the walls of the city of Gondor, and a great wind rose and blew, and their hair, raven and golden, streamed out mingling in the air."

(This post was edited by DaughterofLaketown on Aug 23 2014, 4:24am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 23 2014, 4:24am

Post #5 of 26 (2152 views)
Shortcut
you meant ELF didn't you? [In reply to] Can't Post

And Kili getting snarked *ouch* by a dwarf, tho he seems to have enjoyed it Wink

Tongue

Nice way to seed the fanclub. Gotta start'em young I guessTongue

Gah! The image embed didn't work (though the linky works fine) so here it is again

One more

I'm a lurker. Fan of both books and movies; it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback by Kerewyn, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBofTA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 23 2014, 4:51am

Post #6 of 26 (2145 views)
Shortcut
Whoops Freudian slip [In reply to] Can't Post

LOL after that thing at Rivendell *cough*.Cool

Besides, Tauriel was having fun.....

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 23 2014, 5:01am

Post #7 of 26 (2147 views)
Shortcut
I love Kili too!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

AND Fili. And all the dwarves, but Fili and Kili are "special favorites".

Great pictures! And you ship as much as you like, because EL and AT did a job to be proud of. Just because I have a psychotic form of ThorinitisCrazy doesn't mean I don't notice the beauty and wonder of the rest of the cast! (I'm fretting over the "Durins", obviously. Like I wonder if there will be scene where Thorin tries to send Fili and Kili away, or at least Kili *sigh*. Or maybe that's just not how dwarves do things, and not sure Fili and Kili would go, anyway *another sigh*)

And anyway Tauriel saves Kili more than once. Love the scene where Kili has been shot and that orc coming for him gets taken down.HeartHeartHeart

(This post was edited by Avandel on Aug 23 2014, 5:02am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 23 2014, 6:49am

Post #8 of 26 (2558 views)
Shortcut
Haha [In reply to] Can't Post

And thanks to that slip... tw5 plotbit so thanks very muchSmileAngelic

So she gets her dwarf, he gets his hobbit and they live happily after, at least the taller ones.

... but apparently someone ships this Tongue

=======

VValar
Gondor

Aug 23 2014, 7:48am

Post #9 of 26 (2143 views)
Shortcut
What's this? [In reply to] Can't Post

More Dwarfish pictures?
I have to tell you that all this Dwarfish foolishness keeps you too distracted from matters that are truly important (yes you know what I'm talking about...)

But to induldge your love for short, hairy men

(This post was edited by VValar on Aug 23 2014, 7:49am)

Elarie
Grey Havens

Aug 23 2014, 12:34pm

Post #10 of 26 (2122 views)
Shortcut
The House of Durin [In reply to] Can't Post

There once was the great house of Durin
With men that are oh, so alluring.
Fili and Kili
Can drive the girls silly
But for Thorinitis
There just is no curing.
Wink

If this is to end in barrels, then we will all shampoo together.

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 23 2014, 3:01pm

Post #11 of 26 (2083 views)
Shortcut
OMG! ROFLOL Elarie [In reply to] Can't Post

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

There once was the great house of Durin
With men that are oh, so alluring.
Fili and Kili
Can drive the girls silly...HeartHeartHeart

But for Thorinitis
There just is no curing!HeartHeartHeart

WinkBonus pic - the Heirs of Durin flee through the Mirkwood set, attempting to escape the fan girls up in the rafters Cool

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 23 2014, 3:05pm

Post #12 of 26 (2078 views)
Shortcut
TOO CUTE [In reply to] Can't Post

That oicture needed a waring label!!!HeartHeartHeartWink

*sigh*UnsureFrownHeart

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Aug 23 2014, 3:07pm

Post #13 of 26 (2071 views)
Shortcut
How true, Elarie! [In reply to] Can't Post

You read my mind. WinkHeart

“Tollers,” Lewis said to Tolkien, “there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves.”

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 23 2014, 3:16pm

Post #14 of 26 (2071 views)
Shortcut
LOL the first one works for me [In reply to] Can't Post

But somehow I can't picture Thorin with Tauriel - maybe with that woman from the ORIGINAL Conan and the Barbarian. She was cool "Do you want to live forever?".

Plus "I said I would pay the cost" - total BADASS. (Granted, there's a height problem, but dwarves THINK tall and there are other compensations Wink. Epic hair, for starters.HeartHeartHeart)

Elarie
Grey Havens

Aug 23 2014, 3:41pm

Post #15 of 26 (2061 views)
Shortcut
Yes yes yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

Better with pictures!!! HeartHeartHeartSmile

If this is to end in barrels, then we will all shampoo together.

VValar
Gondor

Aug 23 2014, 4:35pm

Post #16 of 26 (2034 views)
Shortcut
You're very welcome [In reply to] Can't Post

And I promise I wasn't searching for any Fili/Kili pics per sé, but I happend to stumble across this one

Elanor of Rohan
Lorien

Aug 23 2014, 4:52pm

Post #17 of 26 (2072 views)
Shortcut
Not only Thorin.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Part of the success of these films is also the chemistry between the two brothers (who look remarkably similar to Thorin).
At first PJ and co. chose two similar British/Irish Actors: when this choice didn't work out.... Pj thought of a local guy who had apparently nothing in common with Aidan Turner and even less with Richard Armitage. i don't know the reason why PJ thought of Dean O'Gorman but it worked straight away.
They instantly clicked (they usually add "as real brothers", sorry shippersWink)

And you can see from this picture how happy and relaxed they are in each other's company...

And many bloggers have patiently watched AUJ and DOS multiple times to catch images of the "terrible twins" (or "terrible actors" as they joked at the Wellington premiere) usually on the background.

And this is one of the newest posts on the web: it's the Carrock of course. Nobody is thinking about them because all the focus is on Thorin and Bilbo, of course. And what do they decide to do? They look at each other and smile... that's acting! WinkHeart

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Aug 23 2014, 7:43pm

Post #18 of 26 (2051 views)
Shortcut
About those "brothers" [In reply to] Can't Post

It's remarkable how well the two actors get along...probably better than most brothers. Wink I enjoy seeing recordings of them at conventions or panels or interviews together--they often finish each other's sentences! Laugh

“Tollers,” Lewis said to Tolkien, “there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves.”

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 23 2014, 9:24pm

Post #19 of 26 (2033 views)
Shortcut
Love that [In reply to] Can't Post

Brothers! HeartHeartHeart (Wish I knew what had been said!Cool)

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 23 2014, 9:37pm

Post #20 of 26 (2017 views)
Shortcut
This is great, Elanor! [In reply to] Can't Post

On the carrock, I never noticed that, tho I have noticed Fili and Kili often look at each other. One of the great things about these films was noting (and I have done a fair amount of clicking frame by frame) how each and every actor has seemed to be COMPLETELY in the scene. But all this time and I never noticed that interchange. Thank you!Smile

Thanks to a TORn poster, I have noticed this ominous scene during the Laketown speech, but I always thought until recently it was Fili comforting Kili over the arrest. Now it's much more ominous *sigh*.

How I love this. Love these guys HeartHeartHeart. Perfect expressions and Fili LOL has that little hi-ho stride thing going on as he comes through the door *grins*. (Far as I am concerned the actor switch was FABULOUS and the best thing for the film. Tho I hope it wasn't something awful that caused RK to leave - but who knows? Maybe spending all that time in NZ just would not work for him).

These guys may play, but they are true fighters re their dwarf blood.Heart

So handsome.Heart

What should be IMO *sigh*.FrownShockedUnimpressed

Elanor of Rohan
Lorien

Aug 23 2014, 10:07pm

Post #21 of 26 (2030 views)
Shortcut
my favourite pictures modern style [In reply to] Can't Post

HeartWinkWinkThey look just like normal (well, more stunning than normal, aren't they?) pictures of Aidan and Dean, but here we are talking of modern Fili and Kili...

This is my favourite Dean O'Gorman photo ever..

But also Aidan Turner is at his best...

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 23 2014, 10:56pm

Post #22 of 26 (2008 views)
Shortcut
Oh wow [In reply to] Can't Post

This is great work! Dean would completely approve (being a photographer himself). And that's a question I would love to ask, with all the lushness of the Hobbit sets, the locations, the costumes, did DO ever desperately want to pick up a camera himself? And did he?

Also want to add I appreciated the athleticism of these two actors - and Dean just having to throw himself into it and being nervous the first week (also loved that RA and cast were very nice and helpful and welcoming - well, how could they not be?) And the scene where Fili is holding is brother during the healing - every expression is perfect, perfect.

Well, these guys IMO are perfect in these parts! HeartHeartHeart

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Aug 23 2014, 11:39pm

Post #23 of 26 (2042 views)
Shortcut
Just to contribute my bit... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
And the scene where Fili is holding is brother during the healing - every expression is perfect, perfect.

I like the detail of the sweat on his face...Evil

Here's another Fili favorite from Laketown:

(This post was edited by Riven Delve on Aug 23 2014, 11:40pm)

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 24 2014, 1:08am

Post #24 of 26 (2023 views)
Shortcut
I noticed too! Great Images! [In reply to] Can't Post

I like the detail of the sweat on his face...Evil

I loved that - the desperate way Fili looks at Tauriel, but he holds it together.
Thorin, Dwalin and even Thranduil get a lot of attention as badasses, but to me there's something about Fili - that "steadiness". And at times in DOS he suddenly seemed years older, like the scene when Kili is out of danger and it just looks as tho so much is going through Fili's mind.

AND Fili has the presence of mind to let the elves carry on at Bard. Not to neglect Kili of course who goes for it even tho in considerable pain.

I think Fili would make a fine king *sigh* in time.Heart AND he's a badass.

PS. I think AT did a fine job of being poisoned, as well - I wince for him. Frown

Elanor of Rohan
Lorien

Aug 24 2014, 5:40pm

Post #25 of 26 (1972 views)
Shortcut
Dean's photos [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh, yes, being on set has been an inspiration for Dean and he has recently revealed in a panel in Melbourne that he is currently working on a project about the life on the Hobbit set, especially re. Dwarves and their habit of sleeping in-between takes. WinkWink
He is waiting for the permission to publish them and he will probably get it after the release of BOFA, I think.

I especially like the pic of Fili in Laketown where the light of the torches illuminates his Golden hair...Heart I really think that the people who designed Fili's look (especially his wig) were inspired by Renaissance German painter Albrecht Duerer self-portraits

I also guess that Dean's oval face and longer nose fit better this vision than Rob's rounder face and chubby nose (but this is a completely personal opinionWink)

And yes, the little details in the healing scene never cease to move me.. of course the main focus is on Tauriel and on Kili and on how Kili is instantly cured and hypnotized by Tauriel. But he is not alone. The caption under this photo was Kili stares at his angel

There's another guardian angel who is holding him in his arms, that is sustaining his head with his hand and the little detail of Fili's lower face and moustache, so close to his brother, suffering for him and with him... is really moving and it is one of those intimate moments we all cherish in these films.

(This post was edited by Elanor of Rohan on Aug 24 2014, 5:42pm)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.