The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
War in the North Questions

Eruclauron
Bree

Aug 22 2014, 6:24pm

Post #1 of 10 (3037 views)
Shortcut
War in the North Questions Can't Post

Hello all! I have a few questions concerning War in the North and it's various release editions I can't seem to answer with any searches through Google.
Firstly, I recently bought this collector's edition (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005QVD730/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A16ST285KI79Y9) from Amazon, and I heard somewhere that it was a non-US release, however I couldn't find anything saying that outside the one mention of it, and was just curious about what I had.
My other question is about one of the pre-order bonuses, the prequel comic. I saw a mention of it while searching for information on the previously mentioned collector's edition, and was very interested to read it. Was there ever any other way to get it outside of the pre-order bonus?
Thanks in advance to any who can answer my questions! Smile

Elessar
Valinor

Aug 22 2014, 6:28pm

Post #2 of 10 (2903 views)
Shortcut
I bought the CE [In reply to] Can't Post

here in the states. It came with a few things but the coolest of them was the flag of the north. It was a map I guess is what I should say. Very well done.

Eruclauron
Bree

Aug 22 2014, 6:45pm

Post #3 of 10 (2900 views)
Shortcut
Was it the one... [In reply to] Can't Post

...that came in the quiver, and the map had an arrow on the top and bottom? I've seen some pictures of that one (actually, a lot of pictures), and while it does look amazing, I got the one with the Snow Troll statue.

Elessar
Valinor

Aug 22 2014, 6:46pm

Post #4 of 10 (2894 views)
Shortcut
That's the one. [In reply to] Can't Post

I picked up the snow troll off eBay.

Eruclauron
Bree

Aug 22 2014, 6:49pm

Post #5 of 10 (2893 views)
Shortcut
Nice! [In reply to] Can't Post

How is the statue? (Mine hasn't actually arrived yet: I should be getting it around Monday.) I've heard both good and bad things about it.

Elessar
Valinor

Aug 22 2014, 9:31pm

Post #6 of 10 (2893 views)
Shortcut
It's solid [In reply to] Can't Post

It's a pretty best little piece. I'd says it's better than most of the video game pieces I've gotten with collectors edition.

Eruclauron
Bree

Aug 23 2014, 1:48am

Post #7 of 10 (2893 views)
Shortcut
That's good. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm glad to hear it's so good. I can't wait to get mine on (hopefully) Monday!

Elessar
Valinor

Aug 23 2014, 2:33pm

Post #8 of 10 (2906 views)
Shortcut
Enjoy it! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's a neat little piece. Let me know what you think.

Eruclauron
Bree

Aug 29 2014, 12:52am

Post #9 of 10 (2852 views)
Shortcut
Just arrived! [In reply to] Can't Post

I just got it in the mail yesterday, and it looks amazing! I particularly love the paint on the club (or is it a mace); it looks very much like worn metal, or maybe even stone. I just need to find a nice place on a shelf for it now... Laugh

Elessar
Valinor

Aug 29 2014, 1:02am

Post #10 of 10 (2937 views)
Shortcut
Awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sweet! Glad you like it. It is a pretty nice piece, I think it's a club. That's what I would call it. Enjoy it :)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.