Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part X
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

VValar
Gondor

Aug 21 2014, 11:04pm

Post #76 of 207 (10984 views)
Shortcut
     And more [In reply to]  

Thranduiil does not like sharing his Elk!
It seems the Elk reappears on BoFA, it's very interesting to see how that turns out. Though it sure looks impressive, I just can't see it running into battle. Does an Elk even gallop?

No Legolas, you're too young to drink

This one I find so cute. I'd like to think this is the kind of relationship Thranduil had with Legolas when he was just a little Elfling

And another one (too big to post)
http://31.media.tumblr.com/...bN1t8sloro1_1280.jpg

Will. Not. Ever. Get. Tired. Watching. This.Heart

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Aug 21 2014, 11:08pm

Post #77 of 207 (10975 views)
Shortcut
     Wow never knew Benedict looked so good as an elf [In reply to]  

"And so they stood on the walls of the city of Gondor, and a great wind rose and blew, and their hair, raven and golden, streamed out mingling in the air."

VValar
Gondor

Aug 21 2014, 11:31pm

Post #78 of 207 (11025 views)
Shortcut
     Last one for tonight, promise! [In reply to]  

Ahhhh, and it even blinks! ....Wait for it...Shocked

Don't be grudgy dear Thorin, this fabulousness just comes natural to the Mirkwood royals.

Daddy knows this to be true

VValar
Gondor

Aug 21 2014, 11:36pm

Post #79 of 207 (10993 views)
Shortcut
     I know... [In reply to]  

...great photoshopping, right?

Well that's it with all the pictures for tonight. I apologize beforehand if I have double-posted some pics in this thread Blush

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 22 2014, 12:51am

Post #80 of 207 (11017 views)
Shortcut
     The miracle is.... [In reply to]  

having been rolled over by such MAGNIFICENCEHeart that has not been seen, verily, in all the ages of Middle Earth, that I am able to articulate at all Wink

BUT. You must needs the ongoing "Thrall Wars" fan fic. My modest brief comments in celebration of my joy for the Mountain King (may his locks ever flow in the breeze!):

are but as DUST in the wind, compared to the ongoing "out-larding-with-the-most-adjectives-evah" present in our literary effort. It's like a contest to see who can lard up the descriptions of Thorin and Thranduil the most.CoolTongue We are up to, thanks to Lurker's efforts, Chapter 5. Strongly suggest you start at the beginning tho...Cool

And anyway, all throughout Tolkien, characters seem to burst into incomprehensible songs all the time, merely because it's a pretty day or they have a fresh loaf of bread. I can't even pronounce most of it. So I figure larding Thorin with the MOST JUSTIFIABLE praise is merely keeping with the tradition that Tolkien himself established.Wink

(And lo! for so beauteous was the countenance of the Mountain King, and so musical his voice, that it was as like the fairest of summer days, with eyes of the warm sea caressing the heated sands of the southron lands *cough*Blush)

"If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together" - Thorin, The Desolation of Smaug.

Thorinitis: Just that smokey barbecue sizzle on a bed of hot embers on a chill autumn night voice making you do things.

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 22 2014, 11:30am

Post #81 of 207 (11122 views)
Shortcut
     Hi ltnjmy! Glad to see you around =) and thots on Mirkwood army in the Last Alliance [In reply to]  

I have no clever images for you, but we can hope!

Heh... Gil-galad may be titled High-King of the Elves, but Oropher would rather die than acknowledge him overlord... and he did, and we know he had a very short campaign as a result too UnsureFrownUnimpressed

What's intriguing to me is how Thranduil faced the situation after his father died. I'd imagine he shared his father's views about being under Gil-galad's command. How does he square it all with himself, in order to function and continue, and see it through along with the rest of the alliance? After all it was 12 long years in the field. He could very well have just cited trauma and excessive losses and upped and went home right way. But he stuck it out and brought almost all the survivors of that first fatal mistake of Oropher home at the war's end, and then assumed his father's rule, without missing a beat I'd think. Thranduil really is teh definitive badassHeartHeartHeart

(GIF!Clicky)

I'm a lurker. Fan of both books and movies; it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X
(Tis true! More appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies)

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback by Kerewyn, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBofTA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 22 2014, 11:32am

Post #82 of 207 (10959 views)
Shortcut
     *THUD* [In reply to]  

Wow! Thanks, VValar

I'm a lurker. Fan of both books and movies; it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback by Kerewyn, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBofTA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 22 2014, 11:35am

Post #83 of 207 (11023 views)
Shortcut
     Where is this from? [In reply to]  

So Dead Marshes! Too late to add to my post to ltnjmy re Thranduil and the LA

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 22 2014, 11:38am

Post #84 of 207 (10954 views)
Shortcut
     Hey Eruvandi! [In reply to]  

We're quite prolific aren't we?Wink Someday, I think we need to challenge ourselves to reach threadlock before the TA gets off page one, but seeing how many posts there are already, we may just do that now.ShockedSmile

*checks 1st page* we missed the window with this thread unfortunately.

Actually what I'd love for us to try is to get to 250 posts before the mods descend *snigger*

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 22 2014, 12:13pm

Post #85 of 207 (10952 views)
Shortcut
     *hee* [In reply to]  

And I thanks the open minds at the WETA team for being willing to range far and wide for inspiration, and the creativity to then adapt the designs to really say ME and yet still retain a hint of the sourceHeartHeartHeart

VValar, thank you for that 'I am patient' image in the Thread IX. I think that shall have to become my avatar during December. Though it may be edited to say:
I AM (im)PATIENT. I CAN('t) WAIT (for Dec 26).

We need a countdown thread or something surely?

Elf badassery is making me come over all fan-ficcie...Wink

LOL yeah, I like Feanor and his broodTongue So do we get a ficcie out of this?Angelic

Thanks very much for the answer! That quote is just PURE customisation for the enthralled. Which really reminds me I need to catch up to the read-alongEvil

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 22 2014, 12:17pm

Post #86 of 207 (10982 views)
Shortcut
     *snigger* There is no other possibility [In reply to]  

He probably held his breath during that entire conversation. That's why he was so upset, he nearly suffocated from the sheer epicness that was only inches away from him

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 22 2014, 12:21pm

Post #87 of 207 (10968 views)
Shortcut
     *applause* Bravo! [In reply to]  

I've been reading former TA threads, and I'm currently on the first page of thread #6. It's a heck of a lot of reading, but worth a while Heart

Good on you, VValar!

Re the scars, we do indeed have had interesting discussions, tho it's still an open verdict (but you should find a sort of officious word on them somewhere in the older threads if you haven't encountered it lready). Personally though I lean towards illusion.

I didn't really think he was the type to cover up his face constanly, afraid to show his scars to the outside world. Because he fears nothing Heart Well excep maybe t the darkness and how that affects the well-being of his people and his son, but other than that he -of course- is fearless Heart

I agree!Heart

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 22 2014, 12:59pm

Post #88 of 207 (10984 views)
Shortcut
     *glugs ice-cold sour-plum juice with appreication* Thanks! [In reply to]  

It's OK Thorin. Really. 'Coz you wouldn't be the MAJESTICALLY MAGNIFICENT EPIC GOD-KING that you are if you were insensitive and stupid and didn't have the far-seeing mind that can appreciate beauty.

*applause for Thorin's eyes of truthful besottedness there* Of course that inner craftsman in the disagreeable (among other things) dwarf can only be honest and admit to appreciating true beauty. Give the dwarf a beer!

But tho - and I find this shocking - there is surprising dissent on the matter, I will maintain that you, Thorin, are the finest to have ever strode the dusty roads of Middle Earth, an incomparable vision of wondrous moonlight-streaked locks and absurdly masculine pulchritude.

*snigger* The Dwarf can have all the road dust he can entice into his unruly mane and beard. The Elvenking rule his realm in his halls of darkling pulchritude which serve to accentuate his perfect
pulchritude Heart

some SLIMY ELVEN CELL

pfffft. Whatever SLIME there was in the cell it certainly wasn't there before yon chocolate only because he's mud-caked Dwarf of supreme grump got there.Frown

*belches yummy teh-cool-drink-for-the-summer sour plum contentedly*

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 22 2014, 1:02pm

Post #89 of 207 (10936 views)
Shortcut
     Hey VValar [In reply to]  

Don't worry about reposting goodies. Repeats are great! like the best fried-rice MUST be fried with day-old rice. *YUMS*

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 22 2014, 1:09pm

Post #90 of 207 (10971 views)
Shortcut
     Fanart: Modern dapper Thranduil (especially for you, Kerewyn) [In reply to]  

So thanks to Avandel's post, clickies led to thisHeart

By the same artist that did this Heart

Here's a none-AU one Heart

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 22 2014, 1:11pm

Post #91 of 207 (10924 views)
Shortcut
     You know, that Leggy one [In reply to]  

reminds me very much of the Mirkwood Elves concept art in C&D... or was it the previous Art of DOS? Crazy

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 22 2014, 1:27pm

Post #92 of 207 (10929 views)
Shortcut
     Well, since the lead actor hath spoken... [In reply to]  

... doubtless it will be so. Tongue Objection, sadly doth needs be futile.

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Aug 22 2014, 1:28pm)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 22 2014, 1:29pm

Post #93 of 207 (10953 views)
Shortcut
     None whatsoever from me either [In reply to]  

Angelic

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 22 2014, 1:38pm

Post #94 of 207 (10955 views)
Shortcut
     Psst! VValar. [In reply to]  

My modest brief comments in celebration of my joy for the Mountain King (may his locks ever flow in the breeze!)

Indeed Avandel is TOO modest about the brevity of her Thorin adjective-larding Shocked

compared to the ongoing "out-larding-with-the-most-adjectives-evah" present in our literary effort. It's like a contest to see who can lard up the descriptions of Thorin and Thranduil the most.

Don't listen to her. The only contest for Avandel is with herself cos no one can keep up with her lard-on-tap. Seriously, she lards so insanely thorougly and spontaneously it's not even funny. Poor lil' me just poke some fun at dwarves and thrallsAngelic ... and feebly try to represent Elven interest as well as I can Evil

But it is fun (when the writing cooperates and things come together) and Avandel lards Thranduil too (hmmm does that sound odd?) so I can't complain Sly Long live EQUAL OPPORTUNISTIC THRALLING!!!

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Aug 22 2014, 1:39pm)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 22 2014, 1:41pm

Post #95 of 207 (10964 views)
Shortcut
     Farnie: Cultural Misunderstandings (for Eruvandi) [In reply to]  

hehe. Clicky!

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 22 2014, 1:46pm

Post #96 of 207 (10960 views)
Shortcut
     PS: In celebration of the news [In reply to]  

Delish iccies of Joe: Clicky!

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 22 2014, 1:49pm

Post #97 of 207 (10918 views)
Shortcut
     HAHA [In reply to]  

There's another one of this same guy in a car... wish I could find it now Crazy

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 22 2014, 1:56pm

Post #98 of 207 (10927 views)
Shortcut
     That needs to be set engraved in mithril and set in White Gems [In reply to]  

Such is the nature of evil fandom. Out there in the vast ignorance boredom of the world it festers and spreads. A shadow droolfest that grows in the dark exponentially by a factor of 1,000,000. A sleepless malice *squeedom* as black insane as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was. So will it always be. In time all foul besotted things come forth.TongueTongueTongue

AngelicHeart

*THUDDERLY THUD THUD*

I want one HeartHeartHeart

The THORin responsible pet-owner guidebook surely include "Scruff your THORin as often as you can to demonstrate your affectionate appreciation of his stature" Tongue You may need to acquire a "THOR" complementary unit to achieve the correct elevation for your THORin's proper scruffing satisfaction, which may vary greatly in individual unit."

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Aug 22 2014, 1:58pm)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 22 2014, 2:04pm

Post #99 of 207 (10961 views)
Shortcut
     Meh [In reply to]  

they just don't get the magnetic power of Thorin's hairWink.

The next claim you're laying on that scruffy tangle is that it conducts electricity just cos it coils with abandon.

TongueJust add water, why don't you? http://hasami-hime.deviantart.com/...New-Groove-379476093

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 22 2014, 2:10pm

Post #100 of 207 (10925 views)
Shortcut
     Addendum [In reply to]  

The real modern Thranduil in suitHeart

=======

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.