Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
What movies, tv shows, etc. have you watched recently?
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Theodora
The Shire

Aug 20 2014, 8:16pm

Post #26 of 76 (1101 views)
Shortcut
Seen Calvary and plan to see the other two [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, Calvary is a very good movie. I was also moved to tears at the end and I think another ending would have been possible.

I read about the other two and hope they'll be in theaters here soon. I liked the book on which The Hundred Foot Journey is based and Helen Mirren is a fabulous actress.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Aug 20 2014, 8:51pm

Post #27 of 76 (1104 views)
Shortcut
Okie accents [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Side question: when you watched Into the Storm, did you notice anything special about their accents? It's set in Oklahoma, but their accents seemed pretty generic to me. I've only been there once (to Tulsa), and I don't remember a distinct accent, so was just curious if anything jumped out at you when watching the movie.

Well honestly, I've only seen it once and no, they didn't really sound like Oklahomans, not even Sarah Wayne Callies (the Bubbas came closest). But we tend to drawl out our words, almost like talking in slow motion, that might be a little hard to mimic. But I think the Brits definitely sounded American Midwest, so it was good enough.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 20 2014, 9:09pm

Post #28 of 76 (1100 views)
Shortcut
That's fantastic! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a great family connection to brag about! Also, kudos on the Firefly indoctrination. Cool

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Dwarewien
Rohan

Aug 20 2014, 10:11pm

Post #29 of 76 (1099 views)
Shortcut
Into the Storm, What Lies Beneath, Under the Dome... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Side question: when you watched Into the Storm, did you notice anything special about their accents? It's set in Oklahoma, but their accents seemed pretty generic to me. I've only been there once (to Tulsa), and I don't remember a distinct accent, so was just curious if anything jumped out at you when watching the movie.

I've never been to Oklahoma, so I couldn't tell one accent from the other. Went to Into the Storm for the second time last Sunday (my third will be tomorrow evening, because although it's still playing on Sunday, there's only a 9:55 p.m. showing, and since I don't have a vehicle, I'll have to catch one of the last early showings before it moves to our cheaper theater. I would wait, but I'm unsure of when it will actually move over, so it's better to change the day, just in case), and for some reason, I kept calling the Titus the Tardis, even though it's been a while since I've seen Dr. Who. Perhaps it was because in some theaters, you can view the season premiere on the big screen, so perhaps I was still thinking of the advertisement. Not a large turnout (if only BoFA would be this quiet, since then I wouldn't have to worry about the sarcastic comments by some of the general audience during scenes I'm dreading), but hopefully it's just because of all the superhero movies that are up against it (which is probably another reason they moved BoFA to December) and not because of what critics are saying (not that it matters much to me, since the only person's opinion that matters is my own).

What Lies Beneath - I only caught the last couple of hours (this was on television), but this is the first time I saw Harrison Ford play a killer. The only other movies I've seen him in (that I'm aware of) is the original Star Wars movies and part of the first Indiana Jones movie.

Under the Dome, Season 2 - Even though I haven't technically read the book yet (I own the larger paperback version), I'm enjoying the series so far (even if I had already read the book, I would still enjoy the series, since I'm no book purist. I don't care if they change it around, as long as it's interesting). In an episode from Season 1 (that I own on DVD), a tornado was featured, and Maine doesn't have tornadoes (hurricanes, but not tornadoes). Under the Dome, anything is possible, especially if you make it mad. In this particular episode, the Dome produced the tornado because one of the four hands (in this case, Junior Rennie) was thinking of leaving the group, so I guess the Dome didn't like that.

Far over the Misty Mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
We must away, ere break of day
To find our long-forgotten gold.

Meneldor
Valinor

Aug 20 2014, 10:39pm

Post #30 of 76 (1093 views)
Shortcut
Have you warned the Little Eruvandes [In reply to] Can't Post

about the end of Serenity? Frown

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

Magpie
Immortal

Aug 21 2014, 12:07am

Post #31 of 76 (1107 views)
Shortcut
Into the Storm [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw Into the Storm last week but haven't had the time to sit down and talk about it. I did have a lot of thoughts while I was watching it and then forgot half of them. I'm sure I'll see it again if I can so perhaps those thoughts that fled will return to me.

It was just ah'ight. Now, I've seen some terrible tornado movies and was willing to go into them knowing they were terrible. This was better than some of them. But it didn't rise much past a 'made for tv movie' for me. I wasn't even that blown away by the CG and man, I should have been.

I recently bought Twister on DVD to rewatch since I love that movie. It didn't hold up quite as well as my rosy memory would have expected. But the things I do like are what make me love it more than ItS.

1. Twister is about storm chasing and I liked that. ItS was kind of about storm chasing but the chasers' meteorologist didn't seem to know what was going on with the weather till she heard about it on the news. She should have been hip to what was happening way before it got announced on the news. I know the decision was made to make this not be strictly a 'storm chasing' movie but some of the other aspects that got added weren't that interesting.

2. There are great moments in Twister that result from the set up, editing, and music. I literally *wait* for them I love them so much. I didn't find any moments in ItS I would wait for over and over again.

3. Twister has great heart. I love the characters and the secondary ones as much as the primary ones. I love Meg and Dusty and Beltzer who no one really notices until he huddles in the truck afraid of the tornado that will strike momentarily. Then Jo reaches out for him and we care. One of the threads for ItS at imdb had bunches of people asking, 'wait... where did that guy come from?' I thought, initially, the character was a crewman accidentally caught in the camera shot because they didn't really show him till they needed a hand to take over from the one sucked up in the firenado.

On a tangent from characters, I think ItS taps into a current trend in movies/tv shows ... put some teens in there to appeal to the teen audience. For all we didn't get to know many of the people in the movie, the teens got a lot of screen time for their teen angst. I didn't need it. I don't think it served the picture which worked best as a summer for-fun, tornado rips things up movie.

I think this movie got caught up in some studio politics and the studio just didn't care about it. I don't fault the actors at all.

I was reading some articles on how accurate the science was (a note in a bit on that) and that article linked to a video of the Joplin tornado. That had me sitting at youtube watching video after video of Joplin and that was way more entertaining than Into the Storm. This one was, for me, the most impressive. Press play and let it run... don't be impatient.... until at least 4:00. The last four minutes (8 in total) need a strong language warning. Definitely not safe for work or other sensitive ears. But then, their lives have just been changed drastically.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZvo39XT8bk

That is found footage. And the impact it had on me - with virtually no picture (let alone CG) - was far greater than the movie managed to have on me.

Science: I can cut science accuracy a lot of slack for movies like this. But the storm chasing meteorologist who relies on tv weather reports to assess the weather was an eye roller for me. And there's that spot where they pack a whole bunch of people into the storm chasing vehicle - they are all wet - and the windows don't fog up. Isn't it funny what we just can't 'not notice'?

I would rank it way above Tornado Valley (which wasn't a half bad movie if you didn't go in looking for tornadoes) and Tornado! (not that good but it does have Bruce Campbell in it). About even with a number of Tornado documentaries including Tornado Rampage 2011 and Raging Planet (see copies of my reviews below). And below Twister and the tv show Storm Chasers.

-----------------------

Tornado Rampage 2011 - many of you know I'm one of a small group of disaster / extreme weather movie buffs. This is a Discovery Channel documentary of the April of 2011 storms which included 3 EF5 tornadoes that were on the ground for an insane distance. This is really the first documentary that I think really benefits from the plethora of video cameras in today's society. There was footage from a woman who was filming on her phone when the tornado headed for her. She tried to get away but was sucked up into the vortex and the camera shows the chaos. The show does a very good job of showing the destruction these storms wrought. The term 'Rampage' is melodramatic but the show is fairly well done. It does feature weather chaser Reed Timmer who isn't my favorite chaser. (just giving fair warning. lol)

two episodes of Raging Planet - one on lightning and one on tornadoes. The one on lightning covered some stuff I hadn't heard about before and was pretty interesting. There's not much I haven't heard or seen about tornadoes but this show did some miniature scale models for simulating tornado strikes that was cool.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Magpie
Immortal

Aug 21 2014, 12:15am

Post #32 of 76 (1095 views)
Shortcut
ooh.. I forgot to add [In reply to] Can't Post

there was a family sitting in front of me (matinee... mostly empty theater). Mom Dad and 2 or 3 kids under 10.

I was a little worried about the kids because the movie gets pretty scary in places. But the dad was so into it! He loved it. He could hardly contain himself at exciting parts and took to clapping his hands really hard (once) when something happened.

It was fun to watch him. :-)

The Grey Elf
Grey Havens

Aug 21 2014, 1:00am

Post #33 of 76 (1090 views)
Shortcut
You forgot to mention [In reply to] Can't Post

Richard? How'd he do (American accent and otherwise)? Tsk and tut -- you go to a RA movie and then you don't even mention him?? (*shakes head*)

Cool

Meneldor
Valinor

Aug 21 2014, 1:11am

Post #34 of 76 (1078 views)
Shortcut
You forgot to post your comparitive ranking of ItS vs Sharknado. // [In reply to] Can't Post

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

Dwarewien
Rohan

Aug 21 2014, 1:34am

Post #35 of 76 (1089 views)
Shortcut
I'll answer that question... [In reply to] Can't Post

since I quite enjoyed Into the Storm. I don't bother going a second time if I didn't like it initially. For me, a movie doesn't have to be perfect, as long as I can follow the story and care about some of the characters (which I did), that's good enough for me. And since we all know the messageboards on IMDB are horrid (they have about 50 threads about why this title sucks), I don't even bother looking on there (most of them just make me angry, anyways). The only thing I do on IMDB is look up information, quotes, goofs and the like.

Back on topic, I think RA did a fine job with the American accent (but you could sometimes hear his native British one peek in at times. Like some other fans have already mentioned, if I wasn't that familiar with him, I probably wouldn't have even noticed) and now that Into the Storm is my second movie (or TV series) starring RA (other than the Hobbit movies, that is), I'm getting used to seeing him as his real height (since the first time I saw North & South, I had to keep telling myself: "No, he's not actually that small" since I was so used to Thorin) instead of the height of Thorin, which is much smaller (I'm still amazed on how they manage to do that). RA can save me from a tornado, drowning or Smaug any day.Wink

Far over the Misty Mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
We must away, ere break of day
To find our long-forgotten gold.

Magpie
Immortal

Aug 21 2014, 2:08am

Post #36 of 76 (1081 views)
Shortcut
He was alright [In reply to] Can't Post

He had, imo, almost nothing to work with so he didn't make much of an impact on me.

His accent wasn't perfect but it wasn't anything that I would judge him negatively on.

I've loved him in everything else he's done that I've seen (Spooks/MI5, Robin Hood, Vicar of Dibley, North and South, ShakespeaRe-Told: Macbeth, the Hobbit and even George Gently).

I will rewatch Into the Storm for the tornado as much as Richard. If I want more Richard, I'd pick any of the others above or some new thing I haven't seen yet.

Magpie
Immortal

Aug 21 2014, 2:09am

Post #37 of 76 (1074 views)
Shortcut
lol... [In reply to] Can't Post

I haven't seen Sharknado and I don't consider it a tornado movie.

I did see Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus and that was enough of that type of movie to satisfy me. :-)

Magpie
Immortal

Aug 21 2014, 2:25am

Post #38 of 76 (1085 views)
Shortcut
I guess... in my own defense [In reply to] Can't Post

a movie doesn't have to be perfect for me, either. If you read enough of my reviews you'll find that's true for me... like it is for most people. But for a movie to rise above al'ight.. it has to do more than just be something I can follow (and I didn't care about any of these characters. I didn't dislike them. I just wasn't given a reason to care about them).

For a movie (or tv show) to rise above just al'ight... it has to exhibit good storytelling. I am a big fan of storytelling and its something I've been anecdotally studying for many decades. Good storytelling is more than just telling a story. We've all had relatives that tell a ripping good yarn and other relatives that put us to sleep telling the same story. The story is important but the telling of it is more important.

Note: I didn't hate Into the Storm. I just didn't think the people who made this movie (excepting the actors... they don't 'make' the movie) cared enough about it to put much effort into it.

The thread at imdb I was talking about wasn't filled with horrid people and I'm a regular at imdb and there are people I highly respect and value that are regulars on certain boards. I won't defend it overall but I think it's a mistake to use its reputation to dismiss the criticism I discussed about ItS. The way they handled that character was confusing, imo.

For what it's worth, I knew my review would not be well received.

I'm glad you liked the movie.

I don't mind when someone likes what I don't. I don't mind when someone doesn't like what I do. But I will always speak my truth no matter what the popular consensus is. Unless it creates so much chaos in people's heads that I just shut up. :-) I

I can be madly in love with RA* and not much like this movie.

I am madly in love with RA but I didn't love this movie. I don't blame Richard one bit.

(at the risk of pulling a teensy bit of senior status, there were three or four of us on her gushing about Richard years ago before many of our regulars today were here. Way before he was ever cast in the Hobbit. And Patty and I were the forum's huge tornado fans back in the day, as well. I wish Patty were here to say what she thought about ItS. I'd really like to know.)

(This post was edited by Magpie on Aug 21 2014, 2:26am)

Magpie
Immortal

Aug 21 2014, 2:46am

Post #39 of 76 (1089 views)
Shortcut
Edge of Tomorrow (aka now as... Live, Die, Repeat) [In reply to] Can't Post

Edge of Tomorrow is still using that title at the second run movie theater where I saw it last night. But it's being released on DVD with that name significantly downplayed and the tag, "Live, Die, Repeat," promoted as its defacto title.

I. Loved. This. Film.

Now that, Folks, is storytelling.

I loved how they had to get across this concept of a repeated day. I thought they did an excellent job of doing that while remaining fresh. They used a number of approaches to letting us understand how this time loop felt and what effect it had on the story, the quest, the characters, and the growth of the characters. I thought the editing was tight and contributed greatly to the success of this aspect.

I loved the humor. OMG I loved the humor so much and I thought the play off video games (getting rebooted to the start of the game or level when one dies) was brilliant.

I am not Tom Cruise's biggest fan. I've had some serious personal issues with him. But I thought he was brilliant in this. I could see such a range in his character from the beginning of the film to the end. And I think Tom cares about the movies he's in and I think he gives it his all. I gotta admire the work ethic in the man even if I don't 'admire' some of his personal beliefs.

I loved Emily Blount in this and I loved the 'mythical' personification of her just as much. She was so video game with that big B.A. sword.

I was talking to my family about one aspect of character growth I really liked. (will elaborate at end of post) My observation about it was, they just showed us. They didn't explain it. I was watching another show recently (on tv, I can't remember which) where something happened, and then the characters explained what had happened and its significance TWICE. Not that stupid. I can understand stuff without having it spelled out for me. So, I loved the character arc and I loved how they 'told the story'.

I can't wait to see this again on the big screen if I can and on DVD with closed captions. I'm sure I'll love it even more when I can catch all the quips people are throwing around.

spoiler elaboration on point above - highlight to read:
I thought it was really sweet how they just quietly helped us understand - by the end - how much time Cage had spent with Rita compared to how much time Rita had spent with Cage (that she could remember). It was heartbreaking to *get* that. Another thing I liked was the first time one of the soldiers makes the crack, "Hey Mate! I think there's something wrong with your suit," it's because Cage is such a hapless doof that he won't live out the hour... let alone the day. By the end, the crack is made and it means something very different to Cage and to us. Cage is a dead man walking. He is an accomplished dead man. He now pretty much exists just to die.

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Aug 21 2014, 3:48am)

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Aug 21 2014, 2:55am

Post #40 of 76 (1082 views)
Shortcut
You've joined the dozen or so other of us who've seen the film... [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

Joking aside, I'm gutted that this film didn't do better at the Box Office. It just seems like such a slam dunk of a summer blockbuster. Whether it was the way it was marketed, the title (as the studio apparently thinks), or Mr. Cruise's waning reputation - it's such a shame. This was a great movie. Definitely one of my favorites of the summer.

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that."
- Viggo Mortensen

sevilodorf
Tol Eressea

Aug 21 2014, 4:13am

Post #41 of 76 (1067 views)
Shortcut
Exactly [In reply to] Can't Post

they didn't explain they just told the story and trusted the audience to figure it out.

Also they remained consistent to the rules they had established.

This was soooo much better than the last Tom Cruise movie....Oblivion...

Fourth Age Adventures at the Inn of the Burping Troll http://burpingtroll.com
Home of TheOneRing.net Best FanFic stories of 2005 and 2006 "The Last Grey Ship" and "Ashes, East Wind, Hope That Rises" by Erin Rua

(Found in Mathoms, LOTR Tales Untold)

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Aug 21 2014, 4:28am

Post #42 of 76 (1065 views)
Shortcut
Looper (2nd time) [In reply to] Can't Post

Went on an unexpected shopping spree at Best Buy. Cool They had a few titles for 7.99 - so I picked up Looper, Kick-Ass, and District 9.

This being my second viewing of Looper, I payed extra close attention to see if the time travel stuff made any more sense this time around. Alas, the ending is still a "no sense" paradox (and a pretty gaping one at that). Maybe that's intentional, given the film's attitude of "I don't want to talk about time travel..." But, as someone who loves thinking about time travel and other such sci-fi elements, the ending does (and will continue to) bug me.

Aside from that, I think the movie's quite excellent. Lots of great acting, thrills, etc. Not crazy about the make-up job for Joseph Gordon-Levitt, but I get what they were trying to do with making him look more like Bruce Willis. It just looks a bit weird, though. Really like Emily Blunt in the movie - between this and Edge of Tomorrow, I'm really digging her work.

I like that the director has a "practical fx over cgi" philosophy. Makes me optimistic about the upcoming Star Wars movies (he's doing Episode VIII).

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that."
- Viggo Mortensen

(This post was edited by Aragorn the Elfstone on Aug 21 2014, 4:30am)

Lissuin
Valinor

Aug 21 2014, 6:17am

Post #43 of 76 (1058 views)
Shortcut
Once Were Warriors 20 years later/The Dark Horse/ The Pa Boys [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/...mp;objectid=11308911

You've probably seen this by now, Ataahua, but just in case not, the new doco was on Monday night on Maori TV and is On Demand here:http://www.maoritelevision.com/...s-where-are-they-now.
I just got back from the States so will be watching it soon.

Yesterday I saw The Dark Horse and would definitely see it again. There is no trace of Uncle Bully in Cliff Curtis' character in this. What an actor he is!

And on the plane coming back, I watched The Pa Boys - twice - it was that good. It came out in Feb but I missed it then. It's a very touching film, and the music, a big part of it, is amazing.
http://www.flicks.co.nz/...er/the-pa-boys/8900y

Going to California this time I flew the Hobbit plane. Woo hoo!

Lissuin
Valinor

Aug 21 2014, 6:25am

Post #44 of 76 (1048 views)
Shortcut
Starling, Dark Horse is a good one. [In reply to] Can't Post

http://newboards.theonering.net/...i?post=769266#769266

That's my response to Ataahua in case you're reading in threaded mode and missed it. Enjoy.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Aug 21 2014, 2:23pm

Post #45 of 76 (1040 views)
Shortcut
Definitely "Vicar" [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
He had, imo, almost nothing to work with so he didn't make much of an impact on me.

His accent wasn't perfect but it wasn't anything that I would judge him negatively on.

I've loved him in everything else he's done that I've seen (Spooks/MI5, Robin Hood, Vicar of Dibley, North and South, ShakespeaRe-Told: Macbeth, the Hobbit and even George Gently).

I will rewatch Into the Storm for the tornado as much as Richard. If I want more Richard, I'd pick any of the others above or some new thing I haven't seen yet.

Funniest thing in the world! Robin Hood was a little too campy, and I can't seem to follow North & South. Maybe its the mix but I can't hear what they're saying half the time. If you go on YouTube and look for "Movin' On" Richard plays a bad boy quite well, much better than Sir Guy and every bit as attractive!

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Aug 21 2014, 2:30pm

Post #46 of 76 (1038 views)
Shortcut
ITS v Storm Chasers [In reply to] Can't Post

My only criticism of your review is about the meteorologist. If you watched "Storm Chasers" you know that meteorologists get it wrong sometimes. Tornados are just unpredictable and like she said, sometimes it's just luck. As for the actors not having much to work with, I think that might be a problem with "found footage" formats. There's not supposed to be a scripted story, and you certainly don't have much room for background and character development. I guess the best scene was when the two kids thought they were going to drown, and were saying their goodbyes. I haven't seen many "found footage" films, and this one tried to split the difference between traditional and "found footage" style. I think it succeeded pretty well in that regard. At least the camera work wasn't jerky like "Blair Witch" LOL!

(This post was edited by Kilidoescartwheels on Aug 21 2014, 2:31pm)

Old Toby
Grey Havens

Aug 21 2014, 3:13pm

Post #47 of 76 (1037 views)
Shortcut
Locke [In reply to] Can't Post

I went to see Tom Hardy in Locke this past weekend. I know it's gotten critically positive reviews. I must say, it was an intriguing idea...an entire film just showing one man, one face, riding in his car talking on his cell phone the entire time...but halfway through this movie I found myself getting incredibly bored with the format, longing to see someone - anyone - else.

I thought Tom Hardy was really terrific, and don't have anything but praise for him in this regard. And I didn't realize until afterwards that the voice of Donal was played by Andrew Scott (Moriarty)! He was so good! Other than that character, there were only the voices of the wife, the girlfriend having the baby, and the boss. And I thought the ending didn't go anywhere at all, nor did it bring any sort of resolution to the story.

So all in all, for me, this was a story better heard and not seen. Visually it didn't work, IMO, and seeing as how this was the main thrust of the way this movie was done (an hour and a half watching someone talk on a cellphone), and why, it failed to do the job. Just my opinion of course.

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 21 2014, 7:16pm

Post #48 of 76 (1014 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for that on-demand link! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll have a look at it in the weekend.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Lissuin
Valinor

Aug 21 2014, 7:36pm

Post #49 of 76 (1011 views)
Shortcut
I watched it last night and enjoyed it. [In reply to] Can't Post

A bit surreal, seeing the kids grown up and everybody so happy to be with each other again, and Rena Owen and Cliff Curtis living in LA.

Alassëa Eruvande
Valinor

Aug 21 2014, 9:18pm

Post #50 of 76 (1013 views)
Shortcut
*grabs Magpie's hand and jumps up and down* [In reply to] Can't Post

Paging Patty! Cool

I am SMAUG! I kill when I wish! I am strong, strong, STRONG!
My armor is like tenfold shields! My teeth like swords! My claws, spears!
The shock of my tail, a thunderbolt! My wings, a hurricane! And my breath, death!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.