Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
BOFA score: recording by NZSO has begun!

Silmaril
Rohan

Aug 21 2014, 6:42am

Post #1 of 14 (1460 views)
Shortcut
BOFA score: recording by NZSO has begun! Can't Post

https://twitter.com/DougAdamsMusic/status/502194595287937024

and:

(This post was edited by dernwyn on Aug 21 2014, 10:36am)

Dcole4
Rohan

Aug 21 2014, 12:08pm

Post #2 of 14 (884 views)
Shortcut
I wonder what the major announcement is? [In reply to] Can't Post

Doug Adams, who chronicles the soundtracks for the films and was seen in the Howard Shore Vlog, posted something very similar. Likely a 3D re-release I would suspect. It's far too early for them to announce the big box set, they've got to sell the measly theatrical cut next March before they can start telling us about that stuff.

(This post was edited by Dcole4 on Aug 21 2014, 12:08pm)

Lindele
Gondor

Aug 21 2014, 1:31pm

Post #3 of 14 (843 views)
Shortcut
Definitely not a 3D release [In reply to] Can't Post

but I'd be willing to bet any amount of money it has something to do with the score more so than the films themselves.

Shagrat
Gondor

Aug 21 2014, 1:34pm

Post #4 of 14 (826 views)
Shortcut
Yep [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds like live concerts, possibly live-to-projection shows, which for AUJ offers some very interesting possibilities.

Dcole4
Rohan

Aug 21 2014, 1:36pm

Post #5 of 14 (833 views)
Shortcut
AUJ would be very interesting... [In reply to] Can't Post

There were so many cues on the soundtrack that I felt were superior to the final versions we received in the film. Number one is the Dwarf chant that was bizarrely replaced with the Nazgul (or "Servant of Mordor" music). Also a shame was the loss of the unique Radagast music that was unlike anything we've heard in Middle Earth before. The loss of Bilbo's beautiful theme was also a tragedy.

Timdalf
Rivendell

Aug 21 2014, 3:30pm

Post #6 of 14 (820 views)
Shortcut
I hope this means [In reply to] Can't Post

that we in NYC will finally get our RotK Live to projection. We had FotR and TTT in 2009 and 2010 in Radio City Music Hall (that's our Pr. Albert Hall) but we never got #3... But we have heard it will come next year but at Lincoln Center!!

Loresilme
Valinor

Aug 21 2014, 4:56pm

Post #7 of 14 (739 views)
Shortcut
Radagast the Brown [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Also a shame was the loss of the unique Radagast music that was unlike anything we've heard in Middle Earth before.

I so agree. When I listed to the extended version of "Radagast the Brown" from the special edition TH soundtrack, I was astounded, absolutely transported by the full version. It's so exotic, so different. It spoke to me of a unique and powerful being, this Radagast, and I wondered if it means that this aspect of Radagast will be revealed at a later point in the films.

KingTurgon
Rohan

Aug 21 2014, 6:55pm

Post #8 of 14 (688 views)
Shortcut
LOTR In Concert [In reply to] Can't Post

Could it be The Hobbit in concert!?!

SafeUnderHill
Rohan

Aug 21 2014, 9:01pm

Post #9 of 14 (675 views)
Shortcut
I for one [In reply to] Can't Post

Cannot wait. The score should be brilliant (full of emotion and epic scope) and I look forwards to seeing how the themes develop.

As for the announcement I think it will be Hobbit Live to Projection. Should give Shore's version of the scores a chance to shine.

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 22 2014, 12:21am

Post #10 of 14 (620 views)
Shortcut
I highly doubt... [In reply to] Can't Post

... a site geared towards the LOTR music would be the one to break any news about a movie box set. Most likely it will be an announcement about some more "live to projection" performances of either LOTR or TH in 2015.

The Hobbit Soundtracks - Being an online archive of information concerning Howard Shore's score for The Hobbit films.

Bishop
Gondor

Aug 22 2014, 1:41am

Post #11 of 14 (627 views)
Shortcut
FOTR was awesome, didn't see TTT [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree, I hope it's ROTK. That would be magnificent.

So, a couple questions.

1. Is that you in your profile pic?
2. Were you at the FOTR performance?
3. If so, were you dressed as you are in your profile pick?

Timdalf
Rivendell

Aug 22 2014, 3:23am

Post #12 of 14 (601 views)
Shortcut
Guilty as charged [In reply to] Can't Post

on all three counts!

KeenObserver
Lorien

Aug 22 2014, 4:18am

Post #13 of 14 (607 views)
Shortcut
High hopes! [In reply to] Can't Post

May the conductor's movements
be as energetic and crisp as ever.

May the musician's neurones fire
as rapidly and efficiently as ever.

And . . .

May Howard Shore's musical notation
be as prodigious and coherent as ever.
Smile

”The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer…” - Jose Bergamin

(This post was edited by KeenObserver on Aug 22 2014, 4:25am)

adt100
Rohan

Aug 22 2014, 10:38am

Post #14 of 14 (574 views)
Shortcut
Surely some kind of concert in 2015 covering the music of all 6 movies. [In reply to] Can't Post

Seems pretty obvious doesn't it, given it's posted on the LOTR Concert FB page and by Doug Adams.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.