A random THORIN APPRECIATION image-larded thread
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

The Grey Elf
Grey Havens

Aug 20 2014, 11:08am

Post #26 of 209 (2053 views)
Shortcut
     Are requests allowed? [In reply to]  

Would love a screen cap or something like from the outdoor DOS scene where the dwarves are negotiating with Bard after their barrel escape. The lighting is such, methinks Thorin looks especially beautiful HeartWink.

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Aug 20 2014, 12:45pm

Post #27 of 209 (2075 views)
Shortcut
     Dare I venture in here? [In reply to]  

Excessive swooning may lead to serious health---TOO LATE! *THUD*

What a wonderful collection, my fellow Thorin-adorers! Keep up the fantastic posting! WinkAngelicHeart

“Tollers,” Lewis said to Tolkien, “there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves.”

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 20 2014, 2:55pm

Post #28 of 209 (2013 views)
Shortcut
     *Laughs* [In reply to]  

Verily, the effect of his #Majesty is so PROFOUNDTongue, thousands worldwide have sagged to their knees, been frozen in place with eyes staring in longing, or simply keeled over. Perfectly understandable, especially if Thorin is in EPIC mode. Which, admittedly, is pretty much all the timeWink

"If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together" - Thorin, The Desolation of Smaug.

Thorinitis: Just that smokey barbecue sizzle on a bed of hot embers on a chill autumn night voice making you do things.

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 20 2014, 3:03pm

Post #29 of 209 (2017 views)
Shortcut
     well now [In reply to]  

How are these? There is something appealing about little damp dwarves! HeartHeartHeart But you can get oodles of fun at: http://screencapped.net/movie/lotr/index.php
and view these in full glory!!!HeartHeartHeart

This one has nothing to do with this scene, just think it is way cuteCoolHeartHeartHeart

[inline resting_Beorn.jpg]

"If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together" - Thorin, The Desolation of Smaug.

Thorinitis: Just that smokey barbecue sizzle on a bed of hot embers on a chill autumn night voice making you do things.

Elanor of Rohan
Lorien

Aug 20 2014, 3:08pm

Post #30 of 209 (2010 views)
Shortcut
     Thank you for this feast of starlight!! [In reply to]  

Sorry I have not learnt to post photos yet...
But if you like Thorin (and Thorin blacksmith is burning hot ) HeartHeartHeartEvil
this is a fanmade video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kJSHTJ35t0

Hope you enjoy it!Wink

(This post was edited by Elanor of Rohan on Aug 20 2014, 3:09pm)

The Grey Elf
Grey Havens

Aug 20 2014, 3:26pm

Post #31 of 209 (1995 views)
Shortcut
     Pretteh!! [In reply to]  

Many thanks, Avandel. Will go exploring at screen caps first chance. SmileSmileSmile

Evil

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 20 2014, 3:32pm

Post #32 of 209 (2023 views)
Shortcut
     PS. FIXING missing screen caps + [In reply to]  

LOL AS I WAS SAYING.....

Must have been a relief to finally declare himself, instead of being a KING having to put up with all this stuff from wizards and elves and men Unsure

Checkmate, Bard!!!HeartHeartHeartCool Thorin is SUCH a badassTongueTongueTongue

Behold the #MAJESTY. Again.CoolTongue

A favorite scene, showing how far Bilbo and Thorin's relationship has come - your hobbit has your back *sniff*HeartHeartHeart And Thorin is beautiful from the back, just to restate the obvious.Wink

BADASS milk drinking. Has nothing to do with Laketown, but so cuteHeartHeartHeart

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 20 2014, 3:57pm

Post #33 of 209 (2009 views)
Shortcut
     Thank you Elanor! - Nice vid work but [In reply to]  

The song - for me - not so much, 'coz I don't see Thorin that way at all. Tho I think *sigh* there will be a lot of stuff like that.....*grins* many online battles will be joined WinkShockedCoolCrazy. Thank you for posting the link, some of these people have real skill.

On the older but grittier side, I like what these vids did with "Radioactive" re capturing IMO the fire and desperate journey of Thorin. Hope all get re-mixed with newer films at some point - or maybe I need some of my OWN sw.Unsure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jio2IpNRGyM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu4lDxhze2o

Kim
Valinor

Aug 20 2014, 8:44pm

Post #34 of 209 (1970 views)
Shortcut
     Wait, why would I wince? [In reply to]  

Thorin's hair deserves as much exposure as possible. And if you want to effuse for six paragraphs about it, you go right ahead! I will be reading, and gazing at the pretties. Heart

“Will you follow me, one last time?”

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 20 2014, 9:34pm

Post #35 of 209 (1974 views)
Shortcut
     LOL saving my strength but a few more pretties [In reply to]  

Thorin's hair deserves as much exposure as possible.

Why certainly it doesHeartHeartHeart! Let's have another lookTongue. Immediately obvious (besides the noble profile) is the utter sumptuousness of these shimmering soft waves, tumbling luxuriously as shot silk *drool*HeartHeartHeart Just makes you want to reach out and feel it coil around your fingers *cough* except no-one in their right mind would paw at the Mountain King. Even the elven guards who imprisoned Thorin kept their hands off, but the ensuing depression Elros felt as he walked away (knowing it would ever be his lot to have flat limp straight locks) was what sent him over the edge for a night of heavy drinking. So, Thorin's hair was a catalyst in the escape, providing the burglar with OPPORTUNITY.WinkShocked

Even a mountain survival speed hike affected not the decadent nightshadow mane of the Mountain King. Though many round the world would feel pangs of guilt and self-doubt after viewing DOS, in that we were SUPPOSED to be aghast at the horror of the first tendrils of dragon-sickness affecting Thorin's mind. And so we did.Shocked But many of us were hopelessly *cough* distracted by the silken mass of espresso waves as well as the INTENSITYEvil. On the other hand, looks like things are shaping up well in that regard for BOFA *epic hair flowing in the breeze, smouldering eyes, and chocolate leather.....TongueHeartWink

I so would have bought this...Tongue

THIS...

Hmm - suspect this thread had some interest because folks were hoping for some sneak BOFA shots. Well, it's not like all the costume mystery didn't get spoiled already, far as I can tell. Best I can do are these blurry vblog shots - but nonetheless think we can see that Thorin is none too happy. The elves are getting on his nerves - probably Elros at the door begging hair care secrets, or for some spare dwarf hair to make a wig or something.Wink And Thorin already looks BADASS - not his grandfather, no indeed. More like a Nordic god HeartHeartHeartTongue

Finally, well do I know the enmity between elves and dwarves - but, yah know, just couldn't resist. Because I wonder if it was PLANNED that actors would be cast who look completely EPIC in snow?ShockedCool (Thanks to VValar heads-up for the Thranduil painting at: http://variones.deviantart.com/art/Thranduil-475965085)

Kim
Valinor

Aug 21 2014, 3:21am

Post #36 of 209 (1910 views)
Shortcut
     Aha! [In reply to]  

Even the elven guards who imprisoned Thorin kept their hands off, but the ensuing depression Elros felt as he walked away (knowing it would ever be his lot to have flat limp straight locks) was what sent him over the edge for a night of heavy drinking. So, Thorin's hair was a catalyst in the escape, providing the burglar with OPPORTUNITY.WinkShocked

Once again, all roads lead back to Thorin's hair! If it wasn't for this sequence of events, the dwarves might still be prisoners! Tongue

“Will you follow me, one last time?”

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 21 2014, 3:36am

Post #37 of 209 (1914 views)
Shortcut
     LOL Kim [In reply to]  

Once again, all roads lead back to Thorin's hair! If it wasn't for this sequence of events, the dwarves might still be prisoners! Tongue

Poor Elros! Doomed to a life of flat limp locks and scrubbing the cells, for being a poor inebriated guard. But maybe Elros will end up on the front lines of the BATTLE *snigger* where at least he will get a helmet to cover the lank strands.Wink

VValar
Gondor

Aug 21 2014, 8:39am

Post #38 of 209 (1907 views)
Shortcut
     Such beauty in those pics [In reply to]  

Well yes of course they casted two actors for the roles of T&T that would look absolutely amazing in ANY type of weather condition and/or lighting (one perhaps slightly more reflecting the snow and light off his wonderful, ageless skin than the other Angelic)

Sooo you agree? Sly

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 21 2014, 1:39pm

Post #39 of 209 (1902 views)
Shortcut
     Well! The institution finally opens [In reply to]  

I guess congratulations are in order Smile

(Clicky)

Though, I have to wonder, does "random" mean the thread's gonna be like a food truck popping up randomly?

I'm a lurker. Fan of both books and movies; it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X
(Tis true! More appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies)

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback by Kerewyn, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBofTA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 21 2014, 1:41pm

Post #40 of 209 (1906 views)
Shortcut
     You mean like this? [In reply to]  

Of course if this thread should be infiltrated by ELVES I can hardly protest, people throw these guys together all the time.

or this?

I'm a lurker. Fan of both books and movies; it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback by Kerewyn, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBofTA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 21 2014, 1:54pm

Post #41 of 209 (1898 views)
Shortcut
     PS [In reply to]  

Re this product of doubtlessly warped imagination you put in Kim's anniversary thread. Not going to post there out of respect for Kim's happy anniversary... so

I am SO in trouble for this, probably from an Elvish arrow or at least elvish contempt....

That is clearly a product of some warped mind, probably trippin on spores. Since obviously Thorin is a fan too Tongue

=======

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 21 2014, 8:58pm

Post #42 of 209 (1890 views)
Shortcut
     LOL VValar [In reply to]  

He's not homeless tho. 'Coz millions round the world are ready to toss out their housemates and order in some gourmet mealsTongue. That's one UNREALISTIC thing about these moviesFrown - Thorin's lonely wanderings. As often has been discussed, even the waitress running off that fast totally throws us out of the film, e.g. it's IMPOSSIBLE to believe after that brief smile she wouldn't be just hanging around, offering a towel, or something. Sneaking pastry from the kitchen and like that.Wink

Srsly, get real. Tho of course I just roll with it for the sake of the narrative.Wink

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 21 2014, 9:03pm

Post #43 of 209 (1900 views)
Shortcut
     LOL Lurker [In reply to]  

*Grins* oh that .GIF.

Image downloaded. Anyway, we know the story ends up with T & T living happily ever after...

Even happier for US if some director smartens up and casts these two in a future project Heart.

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 21 2014, 9:08pm

Post #44 of 209 (1874 views)
Shortcut
     something like that [In reply to]  

*Grins* - WARNING CUTENESS OVERLOAD

VValar
Gondor

Aug 21 2014, 9:55pm

Post #45 of 209 (1860 views)
Shortcut
     Yes but has he been invited to anyone's home? [In reply to]  

The book states nothing of that sort. But I can see where you're going. Of course his majesty with all his manly charm and wonderful table-manners would be invited in many a maids home. Be it dwarf, woman or hobbit.

I only doubt he would recieve a very warm welcome of any of the

VValar
Gondor

Aug 21 2014, 9:58pm

Post #46 of 209 (1858 views)
Shortcut
     So cute [In reply to]  

Ohhh so cute Heart
Thanks for sharing.

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 22 2014, 12:14am

Post #47 of 209 (1849 views)
Shortcut
     *sniff* ELVES [In reply to]  

*Cough* weeeeelll - I would offer that the book has some things (as far as my fuzzy memory goes) that the movies happily move along (e.g. thought in the book the dwarves stay for a while at Bilbo's). And some gaps - tho it doesn't sound in the book as tho Thorin was lacking in fodder, so to speak.

But as for elves, re my beloved dwarves, they are not going to want this stuff, it will make them sick:

We can guess from the raiding of Bilbo's pantry that a good dwarven meal looks like:

Except, of course, for his #Majesty, who is SO empowered, he manages to lead an entire company through untold dangers, fight, and make epic speeches through three films on a barely-touched bowl of soup and one mouthful of bread at Bree. And a few swigs of who-knows-what from his flask.

I keep telling you guys, the man dwarf is a GOD Wink

(This post was edited by Avandel on Aug 22 2014, 12:15am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 22 2014, 10:59am

Post #48 of 209 (1843 views)
Shortcut
     Oh right, what creative licence [In reply to]  

Even the elven guards who imprisoned Thorin kept their hands off, but the ensuing depression Elros felt as he walked away (knowing it would ever be his lot to have flat limp straight locks) was what sent him over the edge for a night of heavy drinking. So, Thorin's hair was a catalyst in the escape, providing the burglar with OPPORTUNITY.WinkShocked

Yeah,
sure this is how it went

... in Thorin's diary when in reality:

Sure Thorin enjoyed the fun ride on the way out, and above and beyond just considerately saving the best of the best seat for Bilbo...

Yup, life's peachy for a hapless hobbit hoodwinked by the Istari and Dwarf cartel

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 22 2014, 11:09am

Post #49 of 209 (1828 views)
Shortcut
     *waves* Hey VValar! Nice to see another open-minded Thrall waltzing through [In reply to]  

And how right you are! Master Scruffy Grumpy would so LOVE to be invited to an Elf pad

... only he's already seen the most FABULOUS ONE OF ALL and got his lifer. Nothing else compares Smile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 22 2014, 11:13am

Post #50 of 209 (1828 views)
Shortcut
     Hee [In reply to]  

or just check in your friendly ME institution

Even happier for US if some director smartens up and casts these two in a future project Heart.

With how well both carry scruff, I see... a western in the stars.HeartTongue

=======

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.