My first TORniversary!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Kim
Valinor

Aug 20 2014, 1:00am

Post #1 of 46 (1146 views)
Shortcut
My first TORniversary! Can't Post

For my first TORniversary mathom, I would like to present to you a dissertation on the geo-political situation in Middle-earth in the First, Second and Third Ages.

Ha! As if.

We all know why I’m here, so let’s get to it! I give you just a few favorites of Thorin and his hair:

And one of the actor who brought him to life:

Feel free to add your own! Avandel apparently read my mind and has already put up an excellent post here and started a new thread here.

I can’t believe it’s already been a year! Thanks for making TORn such a fun and welcoming place to play.

P.S. Happy TORniversary to Meneldor too!

“Will you follow me, one last time?”

Dwarewien
Rohan

Aug 20 2014, 1:24am

Post #2 of 46 (1010 views)
Shortcut
Happy Torniversary! [In reply to] Can't Post

As you know, mine was back in March (have I really been a member that long, and have I really been a Thorin/Armitage fan for nearly two years? I guess time really does fly when you're having fun). I've put the remaining questions for my latest CHOW thread in, so head over there and respond, if you haven't already done so. And a couple of questions: First: How many times have you seen Into the Storm (just curious), since I've only seen it twice (I can't afford to go every day) so far, and second, which movie or TV series is that last picture from (I'm not sure if I've seen that one, yet)? And I love how you conclude your CHOW responses by all your watches, since they always seem to put a smile on my face (especially when I'm depressed or having a bad day). So, when are you going to start writing fan mail (just kidding, because even I'm too bashful to do anything like that, but I admire the fans that can, and actually get responses)? Smile

Far over the Misty Mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
We must away, ere break of day
To find our long-forgotten gold.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 20 2014, 1:51am

Post #3 of 46 (1005 views)
Shortcut
Many happy returns of your TORniversary, Kim! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hm...only one of Kili, and I don't see any Fili...oh, wait, you said "hair", not "heir"! Laugh

Thank you for the mathoms, and I must say I do enjoy this "obssessive behavior" of all of you "thralls" over on the Hobbit Movie board! Smile

(It's Meneldor's also? Bring on the sailing ships and pirates! Wink)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Kim
Valinor

Aug 20 2014, 1:59am

Post #4 of 46 (1005 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Looks like we've been TO/RA fans for about the same period of time. Smile What in the world did I do with my free time before that? Tongue

To answer your questions: I've seen Into the Storm 3 times, and enjoyed it just as much on the third viewing as the first. That last picture is actually from a 4 part Cinemax interview that also included Luke Evans, Evangeline Lilly and Benedict Cumberbatch: part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4.

Will head on over to the CHOW thread shortly! Glad you enjoy my watches, it's been fun coming up with something new every week and nice to know they help put a smile on your face. Smile However, I am like you in that I don't write fan mail, but I did think it was cool when someone sent him her artwork and got it signed. And I do hope to be able to see him perform in person (bring the Crucible to New York!) and get the opportunity to tell him how much I admire his work.

Kim
Valinor

Aug 20 2014, 2:12am

Post #5 of 46 (1004 views)
Shortcut
Thanks dernwyn! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yup, this was focused on Uncle Thorin, Kili just happened to be there for that one shot. But here, let's remedy that:

And one more of Thorin, I really hope we get this scene in the EE:

I almost put a note at the end of my post suggesting folks post pictures of ships or pirates for Meneldor, so I guess I'll do it now! Cool

Meneldor
Valinor

Aug 20 2014, 3:15am

Post #6 of 46 (1003 views)
Shortcut
I forgot the date. [In reply to] Can't Post

Lucky for me I have a twin sister. My feelings have now betrayed her. No, wait, wrong movie!

Here's a TORniversary mathom for you, Kim.

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

Kim
Valinor

Aug 20 2014, 3:20am

Post #7 of 46 (1000 views)
Shortcut
Wait, here's one for me and Meneldor! [In reply to] Can't Post

https://www.facebook.com/...mp;notif_t=notify_me

Thorin as a pirate! ShockedPirateLaugh

Kim
Valinor

Aug 20 2014, 3:35am

Post #8 of 46 (997 views)
Shortcut
If you will not turn [In reply to] Can't Post

to the Dark Side, then perhaps she will. Mwahahaha.

Thanks for the lovely mathom. Smile

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 20 2014, 3:52am

Post #9 of 46 (1009 views)
Shortcut
Methinks I heard "Plz lard my thread with Thorin goodies"... [In reply to] Can't Post

http://static.tumblr.com/...4sg0cks8kkgs448o.gif

I am SO in trouble for this, probably from an Elvish arrow or at least elvish contempt....

*cough*

But time for some pretties:

But seeing as this is a CELEBRATIONHeartHeartHeart

Yeah, I'd like this for a present tooWinkHeart *THUD*

"If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together" - Thorin, The Desolation of Smaug.

Thorinitis: Just that smokey barbecue sizzle on a bed of hot embers on a chill autumn night voice making you do things.

Kim
Valinor

Aug 20 2014, 4:03am

Post #10 of 46 (991 views)
Shortcut
Absolutely, lard away! [In reply to] Can't Post

That first one is hilarious! And the rest are quite yummy, thanks! Wink *double THUD*

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 20 2014, 4:18am

Post #11 of 46 (999 views)
Shortcut
The search will continue [In reply to] Can't Post

Because someplace, somewhere, there is a HIGH-RES version of the luscious NZ stamp imageUnsure
Tho if I am very lucky and WB is smart, they will put out some chocolate leather PR work....

Check this site out:

https://www.pinterest.com/.../thorin-oakenshield/

Someone has the same interests. Well of course they do.Wink

"If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together" - Thorin, The Desolation of Smaug.

Thorinitis: Just that smokey barbecue sizzle on a bed of hot embers on a chill autumn night voice making you do things.

cats16
Half-elven

Aug 20 2014, 5:43am

Post #12 of 46 (989 views)
Shortcut
Happy TORniversary!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I expect that dissertation in the mail by tomorrow morning. Cool Happy TORniversary to Meneldor, too! Looking forward to another Talk Like a Pirate Day with ye.

So happy to get to come play in this beautiful sandbox with y'all everyday. Smile

BlackFox
Half-elven

Aug 20 2014, 8:59am

Post #13 of 46 (981 views)
Shortcut
Happy TORniversary, Kim! [In reply to] Can't Post

I believe a cake is in order.

Tongue

“As he caught his footing, his head fell back, and the Milky Way flowed down inside him with a roar.” - Yasunari Kawabata, Snow Country

BlackFox
Half-elven

Aug 20 2014, 9:02am

Post #14 of 46 (975 views)
Shortcut
And congratulations to you too, Meneldor! // [In reply to] Can't Post

“As he caught his footing, his head fell back, and the Milky Way flowed down inside him with a roar.” - Yasunari Kawabata, Snow Country

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 20 2014, 10:14am

Post #15 of 46 (984 views)
Shortcut
Yikes! [In reply to] Can't Post

Looks like he's just won his cask of mithril-pieces back from Smaug!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Aug 20 2014, 12:35pm

Post #16 of 46 (979 views)
Shortcut
Dang it, Kim! [In reply to] Can't Post

*dusts self off, examines for bruises*

I keep telling you to put warning labels on these pics... WinkAngelic

Happy TORniversary!!

“Tollers,” Lewis said to Tolkien, “there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves.”

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Aug 20 2014, 1:51pm

Post #17 of 46 (977 views)
Shortcut
Happy Anniversary Kim! [In reply to] Can't Post

For your morning coffee perhaps? Cool

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

BlackFox
Half-elven

Aug 20 2014, 3:51pm

Post #18 of 46 (962 views)
Shortcut
That goes perfectly with my cake! ;) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Kim
Valinor

Aug 20 2014, 6:28pm

Post #19 of 46 (954 views)
Shortcut
Yessir [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's what I have so far: In the beginning, there was some singing or somesuch, then some elves showed up, followed by dwarves when they were allowed. Mad Not sure when the Men and Hobbits appeared, let's say it was on a Tuesday. Then, there was a big battle with Sauron where he was all "I have the one ring! I have the power!" and everybody else was like, "no way, dude."

Pretty good considering I haven't read The Sil yet, right? I'll finish it up and send it right over. Tongue

Kim
Valinor

Aug 20 2014, 6:29pm

Post #20 of 46 (953 views)
Shortcut
Thanks BlackFox! [In reply to] Can't Post

I love that cake! The creativity out there just astounds me. Smile

Kim
Valinor

Aug 20 2014, 6:31pm

Post #21 of 46 (955 views)
Shortcut
Shoot, I meant to include the disclaimer: [In reply to] Can't Post

Warning: proceed at your own risk. Best to either be sitting down, or have something soft to fall on in case you feel faint, swoony or light-headed by all of the majesticness to follow.

I'll try to remember that for next time.

Thanks RD! Smile

Kim
Valinor

Aug 20 2014, 6:33pm

Post #22 of 46 (955 views)
Shortcut
Thanks DI! [In reply to] Can't Post

I actually don't drink coffee, so how about hot chocolate? Dark, steamy, hot chocolate...yep, that sounds about right! Evil

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Aug 20 2014, 7:53pm

Post #23 of 46 (952 views)
Shortcut
This is just amazing [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
For your morning coffee perhaps? Cool

Theodora
The Shire

Aug 20 2014, 8:10pm

Post #24 of 46 (951 views)
Shortcut
Happy TORniversary Kim! [In reply to] Can't Post

and thanks for this wonderful Thorinthread you started.
What a nice gift.

Kim
Valinor

Aug 20 2014, 8:27pm

Post #25 of 46 (945 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Theodora! [In reply to] Can't Post

Always happy to share! Smile

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.