A random THORIN APPRECIATION image-larded thread
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 19 2014, 8:07pm

Post #1 of 209 (3503 views)
Shortcut
     A random THORIN APPRECIATION image-larded thread  

Because when I was wandering the 'net some of these, while nothing spectacular, are images I either hadn't seen before or can't remember seeing - or just stuff I picked up along the way. And anyway it's been a long time since any kind of Thorin appreciation thread, tho seems our mountain king is appreciated by many *grins*Tongue . Sharing is caring Cool.

Probably what my left and right brain look like *snigger*. Works for meHeart

Who knew? Obviously RA had had an audition and has a lovely voice, but must have been a revelation to know you'd hired someone SPECTACULAR HeartHeartHeart

Goblin scene prep - too bad we didn't see more dwarves fighting up close and personal *cough*Evil Time for the EE and then the DIRECTOR'S CUTAngelic

That's right, those guys need to listen to your hobbit...Cool

BADASSESHeartHeartHeart

Makeup, 'coz I think that doorway is TOO SHORT for this dwarf. But I don't know what is going on here, maybe they were going to make Thorin look more beat up. Or maybe the make-up girl's hands were shaking - I would be.HeartHeartHeart

EPICness even in a back lot. Must be one of those perfectly placed directional fans for your epic hair.HeartHeartHeart

*snuggle*HeartHeartHeart

Now I must share more in a PS. thread....

"If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together" - Thorin, The Desolation of Smaug.

Thorinitis: Just that smokey barbecue sizzle on a bed of hot embers on a chill autumn night voice making you do things.

Old Toby
Grey Havens

Aug 19 2014, 8:22pm

Post #2 of 209 (2536 views)
Shortcut
     Thanks for all those pics [In reply to]  

Very nice coverage of his Royal Majesticness. Nothing can quite match the glory of the Heirs' Hairs of Durin, eh? sigh. And yeah, I think his deep voice is perfect for the role.

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 19 2014, 8:26pm

Post #3 of 209 (2581 views)
Shortcut
     and there's more! - art and suchlike [In reply to]  

HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

How about some ART? Dark stuff:

Much lighter - love Thorin as a blacksmith and making a smoke thrush for Bilbo HeartHeartHeart

And finally - OK, I really need to read the Sil, because this is a depiction of a being (Ulmo) akin to our understanding of a sea god which I thought was way cool. And it wasn't much a stretch to see RA playing this part *grins* Tongue

PS.

Of course if this thread should be infiltrated by ELVES I can hardly protest, people throw these guys together all the time.

"If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together" - Thorin, The Desolation of Smaug.

Thorinitis: Just that smokey barbecue sizzle on a bed of hot embers on a chill autumn night voice making you do things.

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Aug 19 2014, 8:48pm

Post #4 of 209 (2520 views)
Shortcut
     Fun, fun [In reply to]  

Love Thorin!

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Aug 19 2014, 9:31pm

Post #5 of 209 (2517 views)
Shortcut
     OMG, THANKS!!! [In reply to]  

So I'm sitting here at work, unable to finish my project because I apparently don't have "permission" to access the folder I need, and while waiting decide to check out TORn and what do I find? A new batch of Thorin pics - YAY!!!HeartEvil I've now added a bunch to my ever-growing Thorin collection (I've been cyber-stalking Richard/Thorin for MONTHS now!), and well, admin can take its time giving me those permissions - no hurry!

So I'm also trying to share a pic, but I still haven't got the hang of this thing, darnit! It's saying my pic is too big, so here's the link to where I found it: http://www.broadwayworld.com/...0140818#.U_PBxPldV1A

Richard with Lee Pace, oooh, I can hear the Twitterverse now! Never thought I'd wish I was Anna Friel, but I have to admit I'm a bit jealous. Anyway, Avandel, since you clearly know how to upload pics, maybe you can add this one to your collection!Wink

ltnjmy
Rivendell

Aug 19 2014, 9:33pm

Post #6 of 209 (2507 views)
Shortcut
     Awesome !! [In reply to]  

Love this thread. Were it not for my Thranduil crush, I would definitely be the thrall of this Hair/Heir of DurinCool

Dwarewien
Rohan

Aug 19 2014, 9:51pm

Post #7 of 209 (2497 views)
Shortcut
     Finally! [In reply to]  

I was considering starting a new one myself, since I'm not posting in an appreciation thread for a character I don't even care for (meaning Thranduil, of course. Sorry to disappoint some of you folks, but I've never been much of an Elf fan. Not that I dislike them or anything, I guess I just don't have enough in common with them, so I find it hard to relate to these particular characters. And Thranduil's too cold and arrogant for my tastes. Sorry fans, but you can have him, I'll stick with Thorin/Armitage). At least I'll know where to come if BoFA depresses me too much (and thank goodness RA's character survives in Into the Storm, since we need a little break from the emotional outburst many of us with experience after viewing BoFA for the first time). As for crushes, I think most of you know by now that it's not just the character, but the actor as well, since for some reason my Tolkien favorites always end up crossing over into real life (not necessarily a bad thing, since like some fans have posted on some of the actor fansites, I just can't seem to get enough of him).Smile

Far over the Misty Mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
We must away, ere break of day
To find our long-forgotten gold.

dormouse
Half-elven

Aug 19 2014, 10:11pm

Post #8 of 209 (2483 views)
Shortcut
     Well, that was fun! // [In reply to]  

Glorfindela
Valinor

Aug 19 2014, 10:14pm

Post #9 of 209 (2503 views)
Shortcut
     Lovely Hair of Durin pictures, Avandel [In reply to]  

I don't know where you've picked them up, but I don't think I've seen them before.

Thank you so much. HeartSmileWink

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 19 2014, 10:41pm

Post #10 of 209 (2480 views)
Shortcut
     OK - can't resist and anyway luv blacksmithing Thorin [In reply to]  

Just love the idea of Thorin blacksmithing to support his people and "to keep the arms strong" - as a crafty Ringer love that, tho I am sure many bitter thoughts flowed through Thorin's mind as the metal glowed red hotFrown. And I LOVE a king who will roll up his sleeves and do what needs to get done.Heart

So I found this IMO stunning work of kimberly80 on Deviant Art - Love this of Aulë (or in Khudzul, Mahal) who made the dwarves :

Aulë
was a Vala and one of the Aratar, Smith of the Powers and concerned with rock and metal, nature of substances and works of craft. http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Aul%C3%AB

During the creation of Arda, Aulë fashioned its substances that composed it, and was most involved in building the continents and mountains. He constructed Angainor, the chain of Melkor, the lamps Illuin and Ormal and the vessels of the Sun and Moon.Aulë created his own race of beings, the Dwarves, because he was unwilling to wait for the Children of Ilúvatar to appear. Ilúvatar knew of this and even as Aulë was instructing them He chastened Aulë. Aulë humbly repented, offering his children to the will of Ilúvatar, whom He accepted as His adopted children. Since Ilúvatar had decided that the Elves were to be the first-born race, He made the Dwarves to sleep until the Elves woke on Arda.

And an LOL gawdlike descendantTongueWink:

And some random images that were new to me as well:

Look at Thorin glare! Maybe he is angry about poor Minty having to wear some hot hairy pony suit so she would look shaggy. Mad

Speaking of hot - literally - RA looks hot here, tho maybe it's the beefed-up red makeup they use to counteract those green screens....

Speaking of hot, this one is hardly new at this point, but this is just for me - because the Hobbit trailer showed before "Into the Storm" and RA is just beautiful in BOFA - no small computer monitor does justice.

So I made my own fast PS art w. a filter. Because he's worth it:

LOL I can print on texture paper and tell everyone it's an original print Wink

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 19 2014, 10:48pm

Post #11 of 209 (2494 views)
Shortcut
     Here yah go! [In reply to]  

Come to the TA threads, we had a newbie who just got the hang of it, and Kim has instructions and a simple guide up - might be TA thread 9 but lots of good info (and I graced the thread with Thorin images as usual - LOL dwarf hair gets everywhere....). Plus I left you some info in the old "favorite costume" thread.Smile

Sharing! LOL we KNEW T & T would become friends!!!EvilHeart

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 19 2014, 10:51pm

Post #12 of 209 (2480 views)
Shortcut
     You are welcome and..... [In reply to]  

Just started meandering around Pinterest. Lots we have all seen before, but love those little gems I HAVEN'T seen even if they are not some super-professional "posed" shot or screen cap. And I find some nice stuff on Deviant Art, now and again.

VValar
Gondor

Aug 19 2014, 11:07pm

Post #13 of 209 (2489 views)
Shortcut
     Naked Thorin! *well almost* [In reply to]  

image removed - oversized.

Hope you don't mind me dropping by every now and then.
Though I'm not a Thorin thrall, I'm in that *other* thread swooning over a certain Elf Heart

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Aug 19 2014, 11:51pm)

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 19 2014, 11:30pm

Post #14 of 209 (2468 views)
Shortcut
     Spelling correction again *sigh* - but MORE art LOL [In reply to]  

Khuzdul not Khudzul.FrownBlushBlushBlushUnsure

But good enough reason to add some more random imagery....WinkCoolTongue

Evankart's lovely work....

And I don't forget the princes, who ARE huge favorites of mine HeartHeartHeart

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 19 2014, 11:34pm

Post #15 of 209 (2462 views)
Shortcut
     LOL VValar - I don't mind [In reply to]  

But the mods might - tho it's pretty tame. More or less. LOLCool And methinks, largeShockedShockedShocked

Anyway, we're all just hoping these guys will have another lively conversation.Wink
Elves get everywhere, too. Like dwarf hair.

(This post was edited by Avandel on Aug 19 2014, 11:40pm)

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 19 2014, 11:42pm

Post #16 of 209 (2460 views)
Shortcut
     Random? [In reply to]  

You'll be on iteration VII by this time next week. Wink

Though, judging by all the artwork already in the thread, maybe I should get the mods to move this over to Fan Art. EvilAngelicEvil Thorin's hair doesn't need more exposure than necessary. Wink

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Aug 19 2014, 11:47pm)

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 19 2014, 11:46pm

Post #17 of 209 (2438 views)
Shortcut
     Hey all - let's remember the rules on posting images. [In reply to]  

Total file size for each post is 250kb - that's about 5 pictures at 50kb each.

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 19 2014, 11:49pm

Post #18 of 209 (2433 views)
Shortcut
     Naw, I wouldn't move it myself [In reply to]  

'Coz it's a mix of pictures and art, and the art isn't mine, otherwise I would put in fan art. More like saving people the trouble of linking as w. images if the original is large, sometimes just grinds a system to a halt.

And anyway I am tapped out for the moment, 'coz I've posted the most PRETTY of Thorin I had before, and anyone can go and get screen shots. But most of this started w. *SQUEE*Heart images I hadn't seen before. Of course, that will change with BOFA and/or if PJ decides to unlock the vaults.Unsure

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 19 2014, 11:52pm

Post #19 of 209 (2437 views)
Shortcut
     whoops - hope I have been under [In reply to]  

not trying to give the mods a headache!Unsure

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 20 2014, 12:12am

Post #20 of 209 (2439 views)
Shortcut
     PS. just caught this comment - thanks for reminding me! [In reply to]  

Thorin's hair doesn't need more exposure than necessary. Wink

Because no Thorin appreciation thread of any kind could possibly exist without acknowledgement of the glorious swirling nightshade living silk locks of this Heir of DurinHeartHeartHeart, hair so epic it has its own websites. Lurker would be proud to see me showing this much restraint, tho probably Lurker and Kim would be wincingShocked and thinking "now you've done it, mentioning THE HAIR...." But I shall be strongAngelic, and not effusive for six paragraphs in disagreement that NO celebration of Thorin's glorious espresso mane could possibly come close to capturing the wonder and mystery of it all, the miracle of it, tho many artists try. They fail, tho. It's like trying to hold a night sky in your handsWinkHeartHeartHeart

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 20 2014, 1:10am

Post #21 of 209 (2400 views)
Shortcut
     You're close but OK so far. [In reply to]  

Total per post has been around 250kb, but we appreciate you checking before you post! Smile

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 20 2014, 1:19am

Post #22 of 209 (2404 views)
Shortcut
     Great - trying! [In reply to]  

*waves hands* just get so excited LOL which explains my spelling errors *sigh*. And I know mods would fix if I asked, just don't think it has been a big deal. So far, especially if I already catch the problem.

Tho his #Majesty may not approve of CARELESS Thralls. (Or perhaps he has too much on his mind to notice, but *sigh* bet RA wouldFrownShockedUnsure)

Kim
Valinor

Aug 20 2014, 1:37am

Post #23 of 209 (2419 views)
Shortcut
     Great minds think alike! [In reply to]  

And complement each other! I just posted a little something similar for my first TORniversary over on Off Topic here. Laugh

Thanks for all of these wonderful pics! I was getting a little tired of having to check that snooty elf's thread for Thorin pics that might magically appear there. Tongue Now I can just set this one to watch and enjoy!

I hereby proclaim this Thorin Tuesday! AngelicHeart

“Will you follow me, one last time?”

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 20 2014, 4:07am

Post #24 of 209 (2383 views)
Shortcut
     LOL Kim all you need is love...or [In reply to]  

Just look at this for a while, it will make you feel FABULOUS to know you are alive and can experience the GLORY of a creation such as this. It's very spiritual. WinkHeartAngelic

Oh that hair. Skin, eyes and voice.....*THUD*HeartHeartHeart

Kim
Valinor

Aug 20 2014, 4:25am

Post #25 of 209 (2387 views)
Shortcut
     Yes. Yes to all of that. [In reply to]  

I find that these can help in that area too.

Smile

“Will you follow me, one last time?”

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.