Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Question about Cirdan

Bracegirdle
Gondor

Aug 19, 1:48pm

Views: 732
Shortcut
Question about Cirdan Can't Post

’Take this ring, Master, he said.’ ‘For your labours will be heavy; but it will support you in the weariness that you have taken upon yourself. For this is the Ring of Fire, and with it you may rekindle hearts in a world that grows chill. But as for me, my heart is with the Sea, and I will dwell by the grey shores until the last ship sails. I will await you.’ -The Tale of Years,"

The first time I read this passage I thought that Cirdan would take ship with Gandalf. But of course there were many more White Ships to sail after the Three Keepers left.

My specific question is – somewhere it’s stated that Cirdan secretly put the Elostirion palantir on Gandalf’s ship. Does anyone know where this information can be found? Thanks. BG

(I hope this isn’t a ‘rerun’; I’m such a poor TORn searcher.)

“Uva uvam vivendo varia fit."

Subject User Time
Question about Cirdan Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle Aug 19, 1:48pm
    In ROTK Wilros Send a private message to Wilros Aug 19, 7:23pm
        This is Sebastian the Hedgehog Send a private message to Sebastian the Hedgehog Aug 19, 7:40pm
            Ah yes... Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle Aug 19, 8:30pm
                The Age of Men begins squire Send a private message to squire Aug 19, 8:56pm
                    Good points as usual Squire Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle Aug 19, 9:48pm
                        As you say, Numenor was gone squire Send a private message to squire Aug 20, 12:37am
                            Thanks for the quotes but Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle Aug 20, 4:08am
                                Sorry about that squire Send a private message to squire Aug 20, 7:41pm
                            The Elostinion-stone Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Aug 20, 8:48pm
                                "It is notable that in the present account there is no reference to this Master-stone." squire Send a private message to squire Aug 20, 10:30pm
                                    author published text Elthir Send a private message to Elthir Aug 21, 11:57am
                                    Not to beleaguer a point or attempt to be contrary Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle Aug 21, 3:55pm
                                        Gildor and others are said to have taken a peek Wilros Send a private message to Wilros Aug 21, 7:36pm
                                            There is a reference to Gildor Inglorion Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle Aug 21, 8:58pm
                                            see RGEO about Gildor Elthir Send a private message to Elthir Aug 21, 9:11pm
                                                Thanks Elthir, for the confirmation of my ‘feelings’ Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle Aug 21, 9:39pm
                                                Who can argue with the Boss? squire Send a private message to squire Aug 21, 11:57pm
                                                Thanks for digging that up! Wilros Send a private message to Wilros Aug 22, 1:24pm
                                                    RGEO Elthir Send a private message to Elthir Aug 22, 2:47pm
                                                        Thanks Elthir Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle Aug 24, 10:22pm
                                        Beleaguer away squire Send a private message to squire Aug 21, 11:59pm
                                            Aw, shucks Squire Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle Aug 22, 2:06am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.