Gondor

Aug 18 2014, 8:12pm

Post #26 of 207 (10089 views)
Shortcut
     Ooooeee pretty [In reply to]  

Just found this incredible fanart HeartHeart
It looks so real to me Shocked

http://variones.deviantart.com/art/Thranduil-475965085

(This post was edited by VValar on Aug 18 2014, 8:14pm)

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 18 2014, 8:16pm

Post #27 of 207 (12806 views)
Shortcut
     *Grins* OK - how about more ELF goodness? [In reply to]  

A link to an uber-cute cartoon that is just too big:

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/80642649550846152/

So in wandering Pinininininininterest Wink happened on this comment:

Glorfindel: Captain of Gondor, Saved Turgon, Killed a Balrog in single combat, Prophesied the Witch King would not be slain by a man, saved Frodo from all nine nazgul, led the armies of Rivendell... completely left out of the movies so we'd care about Arwen. I like her and all, but STILL.

*Cough* Well, yeah Unsure.

'Coz what we want to see is THIS epicness!

I really liked this one of Legolas, with all the olive greens and the way the light was done....

And another I like because of the tie to nature, and love Thranduil with his elk!

But let's not mess around - Thranduil after the battle:

And this one is "Gimp-ready" to add more text and be arty withWink:

Or these:

But more softly:

And here is an outright ThorinduilShockedShockedShockedlink, but thought it would INSPIRE Lurker *snigger* candylicious dwarvesShocked:

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/80642649550847999/

And originals:
Thranduil_painting_elk
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/546202261030079771/

Thranduil dark red
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/546202261030081806/

Thranduil_after
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/546202261030019107/

ThranduilBW.jpg
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/546202261029993455/

Thranduil_serpent.jpg
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/546202261029869554/

Thranduil_BW2.jpg
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/546202261029710162/

Thranduil_moth.jpg
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/546202261028891024/

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 18 2014, 8:18pm

Post #28 of 207 (10065 views)
Shortcut
     OMG superb [In reply to]  

Great find - downloaded as fast as Thorin does his whirlwind slash - mmmm, nice! *THUD*HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

"If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together" - Thorin, The Desolation of Smaug.

Thorinitis: Just that smokey barbecue sizzle on a bed of hot embers on a chill autumn night voice making you do things.

VValar
Gondor

Aug 18 2014, 8:37pm

Post #29 of 207 (10057 views)
Shortcut
     More pics yeey [In reply to]  

Such a cute cartoon of little Legolas about his dad Heart

I like the art of Legolas in the tree as well. Amazingly done.

You're right about Glorfindel, I wish we would have seen more of him in the LotR. At least see him save Frodo instead of Arwen.
Anyway I like to think Glorfindel was present at the corronation of Aragorn. Right there behind Elrond (left) Laugh Blond Elf from Rivendell, it could be him right?

(This post was edited by VValar on Aug 18 2014, 8:41pm)

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Aug 18 2014, 8:38pm

Post #30 of 207 (10071 views)
Shortcut
     Whoa! Part X already! [In reply to]  

We're quite prolific aren't we?Wink Someday, I think we need to challenge ourselves to reach threadlock before the TA gets off page one, but seeing how many posts there are already, we may just do that now.ShockedSmile

"Home is behind the world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Aug 18 2014, 8:44pm

Post #31 of 207 (10085 views)
Shortcut
     Eeek!! [In reply to]  

Whoa, that's actually a pretty creepy pic! When you said there were eyes in the trees, I wasn't expecting spider eyes.ShockedCrazy *shivers head to toe* I like it!Cool

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 18 2014, 8:45pm

Post #32 of 207 (13742 views)
Shortcut
     PS. speaking of superb tho - for Kim and the cheaters like me LOL [In reply to]  

And what would any Thranduil appreciation thread be, if it wasn't INFILTRATED by the thralls of Thrandui's favorite person in all Middle Earth?

Too true. Besides, I view it as happiness, not a problem *grins*. And I don't THINK I can be arrested for it.Wink

Here's an actor who was BORN to have a camera in his face. It's a shame there aren't holographic cameras so you could have, like, Thorin standing in your living room, sort of.Cool

Sigh.Tongue

*Snuggles*HeartHeartHeart

*Drool* As I commentedTongue - BORN to have a camera in his face....

Oh, those darkened eyes *THUD*Tongue Thranduil is getting on your #Majestic nerves so bad....Shocked

*Another sigh*HeartHeartHeart

Bloody, sticky, greasy - *yum*Heart And a mithril shirt too....or so says the WETA books, and they ought to know. So I wonder if Bilbo's shirt will be something Thorin had as a VERY young dwarfling?

Oh, baby. Verily, Thranduil is beautiful, but this mountain king *mouth goes dry*. As usual.TongueTongueTongueTongueTongue

"If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together" - Thorin, The Desolation of Smaug.

Thorinitis: Just that smokey barbecue sizzle on a bed of hot embers on a chill autumn night voice making you do things.

Na Vedui
Rohan

Aug 18 2014, 9:29pm

Post #33 of 207 (10054 views)
Shortcut
     Oh I like this! Thank you// [In reply to]  

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Aug 18 2014, 9:38pm

Post #34 of 207 (10118 views)
Shortcut
     Ah, I knew something wasn't different, I just couldn't place my finger on it [In reply to]  

I kept looking at that pic, and I thought, the armor looks great, but there is an inconsistency here...somewhere. Lol.

Nice pic otherwise though.Smile

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 18 2014, 9:43pm

Post #35 of 207 (10041 views)
Shortcut
     Glorfindel HAD to be there [In reply to]  

Plus Elrond's sons. Before all these elves left and ME got BORINGWink

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 18 2014, 10:15pm

Post #36 of 207 (10062 views)
Shortcut
     The nature of things... [In reply to]  

Such is the nature of evil fandom. Out there in the vast ignorance boredom of the world it festers and spreads. A shadow droolfest that grows in the dark exponentially by a factor of 1,000,000. A sleepless malice *squeedom* as black insane as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was. So will it always be. In time all foul besotted things come forth.TongueTongueTongue

I want one HeartHeartHeart

(This post was edited by Avandel on Aug 18 2014, 10:17pm)

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Aug 18 2014, 10:27pm

Post #37 of 207 (10020 views)
Shortcut
     lets see now [In reply to]  

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Aug 18 2014, 11:44pm)

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Aug 18 2014, 10:33pm

Post #38 of 207 (10021 views)
Shortcut
     Now we are back in bussines:_) [In reply to]  

Tongue

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Aug 18 2014, 11:45pm)

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Aug 18 2014, 10:48pm

Post #39 of 207 (10011 views)
Shortcut
     elf-lady! *flying tackle hug* [In reply to]  

Nice to see you back elf-lady Smile

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 18 2014, 11:06pm

Post #40 of 207 (10048 views)
Shortcut
     Yes, just in time to read/drool over the new stuff [In reply to]  

LOL

I so totally EMPATHIZE w. this woman.

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Aug 18 2014, 11:32pm

Post #41 of 207 (10006 views)
Shortcut
     ROFLOL!!!! [In reply to]  

Can't...breathe...laughing too hard at that pic!!!Laugh Bwahahaha!!!

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

Kim
Valinor

Aug 19 2014, 2:35am

Post #42 of 207 (10001 views)
Shortcut
     Thank you! [In reply to]  

Heart This is fantastic! Love it! Stupendous! Astounding! Stunning! Epic! Heart

Guess I'm not the only one who needed to learn those 7 ways. Tongue

Holographic cameras in the living room? Let's get on that stat! In the meantime, I'll content myself with my Thorin standee cause even in 2 dimensions, he's hawt. Evil

“Will you follow me, one last time?”

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 19 2014, 3:17am

Post #43 of 207 (9984 views)
Shortcut
     You are most welcome and I know I enjoyed myself except [In reply to]  

you know it's so hard to choose from some folks' image collections. They must have been at it for a wile. But mustn't let his #Majesty think he is forgotten with all the glamor of these elves, yah knowWink.

Oh, I bet there will be some sort of true 3-technology - too bad it isn't here for the home viewer right now. As it is during the T & T scene it frustrates me when the camera moves off Thorin, but I want to see what Thranduil is doing too. I want to see EVERYTHING HeartHeartHeart

BTW I am still not clear if the stone is what makes Thror/Thorin dragonsick, or the gold - that still seems kind of murky...or would Thorin not get sick except for the proximity of the stone? Or maybe the films will just sort of skate that one...UnsureShocked

Bet this view looks different soonUnsure:

Kerewyn
Rohan

Aug 19 2014, 7:44am

Post #44 of 207 (9995 views)
Shortcut
     Glad to see another cosplayer attempting Thranduil [In reply to]  

...apart from the one I encountered last year at a Melbourne con.
I scoured SDCC photos but could not see any others who'd given it a go!

"Thou speakest of thralldom. If thralldom it be, thou canst not escape it..."

Kerewyn
Rohan

Aug 19 2014, 11:38am

Post #45 of 207 (9959 views)
Shortcut
     Heh! Thor must've found Thorin... [In reply to]  

...when he was seeking the Dark Elves.

See what I did there..... (Marvel lore required.) Evil

Kerewyn
Rohan

Aug 19 2014, 12:08pm

Post #46 of 207 (9942 views)
Shortcut
     Response to some previous stuff + thralldom [In reply to]  

Re the fighting styles thread. That has been so educational! I had no idea about different sword styles even - believe it or not, I did not even know what a katana sword was. And now I'm able to recognise it as the weapon of choice for Michonne in The Walking Dead. Heart

VValar, thank you for that 'I am patient' image in the Thread IX. I think that shall have to become my avatar during December. Though it may be edited to say:
I AM (im)PATIENT. I CAN('t) WAIT (for Dec 26).

Lurker, you asked about my sig. I'm glad you asked! It's from the Sil chapter 'Of The Silmarils', in which Feanor has to answer to Mandos for a bunch of attitude. I had to go check the text again to remind myself the context of the quoted thralldom (or thraldom, as Tolkien spells it). Thought it may have been Feanor in thrall to his own handiwork and all gem-lusting over the Silmarils, but no, it was:

'For Feanor now began openly to speak words of rebellion against the Valar, crying aloud that he would depart from Valinor back to the world without, and would deliver the Noldor from thralldom, if they would follow him.'

Then amongst other things, accuses his half-bro at sword-point of 'seeking to be the master of thralls', though that was a wild accusation IMO.

'But Feanor was not held guiltless, for he it was that had broken the peace of Valinor and drawn his sword upon his kinsman; and Mandos said to him: "Thou speakest of thralldom. If thralldom it be, thou canst not escape it; for Manwe is King of Arda, and not of Aman only."'

Elf badassery is making me come over all fan-ficcie...Wink

Kerewyn
Rohan

Aug 19 2014, 12:29pm

Post #47 of 207 (9993 views)
Shortcut
     The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge is about to enter ME! [In reply to]  

First watch this video clip (if you're a Hiddles fangirl, you may now pause to *thud*, pick self up, and imagine self approaching with a soft fluffy towel)

Then note the two actors Mr Hiddleston has nominated to answer the challenge.

Then (like me) you may want to cross all your fingers that one of those actors will call on Lee Pace to take the challenge next.

In, hopefully, a physique-defining white T-shirt.
HeartHeartHeartEvilWink

VValar
Gondor

Aug 19 2014, 1:14pm

Post #48 of 207 (9914 views)
Shortcut
     Oh how nice [In reply to]  

I'm not really a Tom Hiddelston fan, I didn't get what all the fuzz was about in the Thor movies (except for his accent which is to die for). But I just saw your video and Helloooo abs! Shocked

Ok I would die happy if I saw LP pick up the challenge in the exact same white shirt as TH. Or he can just take off his shirt beforehand, that way he won't catch a cold when he walks around in his wet tshirt Wink I'm all about the actors health of course.

VValar
Gondor

Aug 19 2014, 1:21pm

Post #49 of 207 (9938 views)
Shortcut
     Yes put up that avvie [In reply to]  

Yes I agree very informative the Thranduil fighting style thread. I still need to post in it. But firstly I'm busying myself with reading former TA threads. I'm currently on page 9 of the first thread, so I still have a long way to go Heart

In Reply To

VValar, thank you for that 'I am patient' image in the Thread IX. I think that shall have to become my avatar during December. Though it may be edited to say:
I AM (im)PATIENT. I CAN('t) WAIT (for Dec 26).

That would be so hillarious. I hope you'll put that sig up! Laugh

VValar
Gondor

Aug 19 2014, 1:29pm

Post #50 of 207 (9925 views)
Shortcut
     Haha [In reply to]  

Haha that's so funny. Poor girl is nearly having a heart-attack. And this dude posing as His Truely looks so badass with his shades on. Probably taking a selfie to show the world just how cool he looks right now.

Oh that reminds me of this funny picture:
http://www.deviantart.com/...st-Friends-439422061

(This post was edited by VValar on Aug 19 2014, 1:31pm)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.