The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
How will Kili fight in the BOFA?

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Aug 17 2014, 9:09pm

Post #1 of 7 (1094 views)
Shortcut
How will Kili fight in the BOFA? Can't Post

How are the filmmakers going to explain his quick recovery so that he can interact in the battle? We've seen shots of him and Fili in armor so we know they will be participating. Any thoughts?

(This post was edited by DaughterofLaketown on Aug 17 2014, 9:16pm)

Spriggan
Tol Eressea

Aug 17 2014, 9:15pm

Post #2 of 7 (839 views)
Shortcut
Presumably the healing in DOS? [In reply to] Can't Post

Although, as ever, we don't have any particular reason to prognose particular healing times for fictional, magic injuries to fictional species.

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 17 2014, 9:17pm

Post #3 of 7 (834 views)
Shortcut
I don't think there will be an onscreen explanation. [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think there will be an onscreen explanation, beyond that he was healed from Elvish medicine.

In the LOTR movie-universe, Frodo was up and out of bed pretty quickly, and on his way to Mordor within days of being healed by Arwen.

Since the Dwarves need to escape Lake-town pretty sharpish, Kili might not have much time to recover.

I don't think they need to dwell on it. Elvish medicine is a good enough explanation for me.

Smile

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Aug 17 2014, 9:18pm)

Snowghost77
Lorien

Aug 17 2014, 11:46pm

Post #4 of 7 (762 views)
Shortcut
exactly. ... [In reply to] Can't Post

that coupled with the hardiness of dwarves, along with his youth, would lead me to believe he would regain strength and form quickly.

The path of the Warrior is paved in blood, sweat, tears and ultimately death. He weeps for the fallen, bleeds for the cause, and sweats till he dies.
In memory of operation FALLEN ANGEL and the mighty Heroes of SEAL team 6, the PJ's, SOCOM aviation, and all those who fell in the Tangi Valley.
- Task force Warrior will not forget you

Bombadil
Half-elven

Aug 18 2014, 1:49pm

Post #5 of 7 (697 views)
Shortcut
As An Analogy , if someone is Snake-bit once the poison [In reply to] Can't Post

is withdrawn... don't they Spring back pretty
FAST..seems the Anthelas
withdrew all the poison
from Kili's leg wound..?

Tauriel's rocking back & forth
might have BEEN a kinda a pumping action
to draw all of the poison from his bloodstream..

Kinda
Crazy? but that is why Oin says...
"Ive heard tales of Elivish Medicine..."

Could this be why the
Color in his face returns sooo quickly?

Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz

kilifili
The Shire

Aug 18 2014, 5:53pm

Post #6 of 7 (671 views)
Shortcut
He should be still weak... [In reply to] Can't Post

...when Smaug atacks, anything else doesnt make sense at all. During the "She walks in starlight..."-speech he is still so weak he cannot even lift his head, so I would mind a Smaug fighting Kili two (movie) minutes later.

“And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.”

marillaraina
Rohan

Aug 20 2014, 11:21pm

Post #7 of 7 (588 views)
Shortcut
subject [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
...when Smaug atacks, anything else doesnt make sense at all. During the "She walks in starlight..."-speech he is still so weak he cannot even lift his head, so I would mind a Smaug fighting Kili two (movie) minutes later.

On the other hand maybe he was just really groggy and DRAGON!!!! will cause a big adrenaline rush. :)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.