Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
The Russian Hobbit Pros and Cons (with real english subtitles).

burgahobbit
Rohan

Aug 16, 3:29pm

Views: 277
Shortcut
The Russian Hobbit Pros and Cons (with real english subtitles). Can't Post

I love this film! It is so bizarre, but I still really enjoy it. I mean, Gandalf's glitter face and the human goblins are one thing, and don't even get me started on the Lake-town sequence with the ridiculous dancing and giant people. But the actor who plays Bilbo and the wonderful Misty Mountains tune are something completely different. I also like the long drawn out scenes a lot. Bilbo running back and forth and acting VERY politely (something I sort of miss from AUJ, even though I still love that scene) as he hangs his scarf up and puts it back down, huffing and puffing and bowing to the dwarves is just a joy to watch.

Anyway, here are the best five seconds of the film! I really thing Peter Jackson should add this in after Bard shoots Smaug:

https://www.youtube.com/...v=XALj24n1F2k#t=3575 (I can't get the link to the right spot for some reason. Just jump ahead to 59:35 and watch the killing of Smaug. It is SO worth it!)

XD

"I've found it is the small things, everyday deeds of ordinary folk, that keeps the darkness at bay. Simple acts of kindness and love. Why Bilbo Baggins? Perhaps it is because I’m afraid, and he gives me courage.” - Gandalf the Grey.

"Do not be afraid Mithrandir, if ever you should need my help, I will come." - Lady Galadriel.

(This post was edited by burgahobbit on Aug 16, 3:30pm)

Subject User Time
The Russian Hobbit Pros and Cons (with real english subtitles). burgahobbit Send a private message to burgahobbit Aug 16, 3:29pm
    Is it somehow different from the English Hobbit films? DaughterofLaketown Send a private message to DaughterofLaketown Aug 16, 5:20pm
        I'm pretty certain that it is an original Russian version... Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil Aug 16, 5:27pm
        It's a 1985 Soviet TV movie Kristin Thompson Send a private message to Kristin Thompson Aug 16, 6:47pm
        Yep, it's an independent feature burgahobbit Send a private message to burgahobbit Aug 16, 7:01pm
    When I click on the link, it goes to the right place // Voronwë_the_Faithful Send a private message to Voronwë_the_Faithful Aug 17, 2:59am
        Great! burgahobbit Send a private message to burgahobbit Aug 18, 1:49am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.