First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 15 2014, 12:30am

Post #1 of 30 (984 views)
Shortcut
When can the non-SDCCers see/get the BANNER *frustrated* Can't Post

Because, like, several thousand people saw it anyway.Unsure

I want to wallow in the BASSERY. Oh, yeah, the Heirs of Durin. You go Fili!, long past time for you to come to the fore! All I've seen are these blurry little banner images - which are MUCH appreciatedHeart but leave image/hair freaks like me hungry for more. Leather and chain maille!HeartHeartHeart Big-ass DWARF swords! HeartHeartHeart A world away from our cute little furry little dwarves *sigh* but "that which is dead will never die".HeartHeartHeart

And this is just a throw-in, no idea if it's real or not - Laketown being burnt on set?

"If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together" - Thorin, The Desolation of Smaug.

Thorinitis: Just that smokey barbecue sizzle on a bed of hot embers on a chill autumn night voice making you do things.

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 15 2014, 1:22am

Post #2 of 30 (622 views)
Shortcut
PS. spell correction [In reply to] Can't Post

I want to wallow in the BASSERY *cough* BADASSERY or or bad-assery or whatever. Don't think it's a real word anyway. But after months and months DID learn to spell AzanulbizarCool tho pronouncing it is sketchy.Unsure

LordotRings93
Rohan

Aug 15 2014, 2:52am

Post #3 of 30 (626 views)
Shortcut
THAT PICTURE [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, very powerful!! Really love that fanart.

And I agree, I really want the banner, but we'll see it around November, like when the DOS banner was released. Hopefully then we also get the full thing in glorious high definition so I can zoom in on it and wallow in every detail.

The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies 12/17/14
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 15 2014, 3:30am

Post #4 of 30 (551 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Couldn't remember the time frame from last year re DOS - I think there was the fan event, and then a banner but not sure.

But since they let people look at the banner anyway, not sure it would harm anything to show it off.

Glad you like the image! - know it's a little dark but to me it evoked the utter weariness and pain after a battle, without wallowing needlessly in graphic gore and grief. I thought a nice job by the Deviant Art artist for the subject matter.

"If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together" - Thorin, The Desolation of Smaug.

Thorinitis: Just that smokey barbecue sizzle on a bed of hot embers on a chill autumn night voice making you do things.

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 15 2014, 3:50am

Post #5 of 30 (554 views)
Shortcut
link to original fan art [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.deviantart.com/...e-mountain-460010992

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 15 2014, 10:06am

Post #6 of 30 (480 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, I wants THE ELF ON HIS ELK [In reply to] Can't Post

Even though he's not gigantically featured.

And that fan art! Heart Wonder if there's a Thranduil one? (ETA: apparently not... feckless Thorin-thrall Tongue )

PS: did you know you can go to the Feedback board to get a mod to edit your expired post? That's how I got the TA lexicon and TW3 edits in. Thankfully, the mods only edit at the poster's request Smile

I'm a lurker. Fan of both books and movies; it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX
(Tis true! More appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies)

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), Two, Three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback by Kerewyn (new, posted 10 August), Four

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBofTA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Aug 15 2014, 10:10am)

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Aug 15 2014, 2:08pm

Post #7 of 30 (405 views)
Shortcut
Nahh....You had it right [In reply to] Can't Post

You were lost in the deep bass voice that is RA!! Right? I know several people who could wallow in his bassery.Wink

Call me Rem, and remember, not all who ramble are lost...Uh...where was I?

Kim
Valinor

Aug 15 2014, 7:16pm

Post #8 of 30 (390 views)
Shortcut
Feedback [In reply to] Can't Post

PS: did you know you can go to the Feedback board to get a mod to edit your expired post? That's how I got the TA lexicon and TW3 edits in. Thankfully, the mods only edit at the poster's request Smile

Yes, for some strange reason, they were unable to edit your post at my request, when I was just trying to help clarify a description. Can't imagine why it wouldn't work. Tongue

“Will you follow me, one last time?”

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 15 2014, 9:46pm

Post #9 of 30 (345 views)
Shortcut
Thank you for the empathy! [In reply to] Can't Post

LOL I admit it, I often wallow in RA's basseryHeart. What can you do with a voice like the finest smokey dark velvet chocolate...*ahem* Blush

(This post was edited by Avandel on Aug 15 2014, 9:52pm)

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 16 2014, 1:25am

Post #10 of 30 (349 views)
Shortcut
*Grins at Kim* [In reply to] Can't Post

I could have whined asked the mods, but guess I figured it was a small thing....in the meantime:

Along with Dwalin (and possibly Kili and Fili from the looks of those fuzzzzzzzzzzzyyyyyyy images), let's recall Thorin defining dwarven bassery hawtness epicness BADASSERY:

Even at Bard's - just think this is cool. No-one is gonna stop Thorin from getting to the mountain before Durin's Day.

Kim
Valinor

Aug 16 2014, 1:57am

Post #11 of 30 (335 views)
Shortcut
*Gasp!* [In reply to] Can't Post

Where did you get that first photo!?! I haven't seen that before. Aw man, between that one and the other one you posted of Thorin on the battlefield in front of Erebor pierced with arrows...dangit, where are the tissues? Unsure

Thorin defining dwarven bassery hawtness epicness BADASSERY:

Yes. Yes, he does. All of those.

As for the mods, well, I figure Lurker came up with a suitable alternative, so I decided not to pursue it further. Or maybe I'm just biding my time...

KeenObserver
Lorien

Aug 16 2014, 2:20am

Post #12 of 30 (347 views)
Shortcut
Wow, just wow [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

Thorin could end up being covered in boar dung and he'd still look absolutely Majestic.

”The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer…” - Jose Bergamin

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 16 2014, 2:49am

Post #13 of 30 (326 views)
Shortcut
Kim I think most people on TORn have seen the first one re the Appendices [In reply to] Can't Post

I got the image by Googling "Pininterest" Thorin which is turning into a treasure trove LOLCoolTongue, but pretty sure that's a screen cap from the AUJ EE Appendices chapter on the Battle of Moria - when RA bashed himself with a shield and they pulled him out to look at his makeup and Tami Lane was fussing over him.

LOL I hate her.Wink Anyway RA was right in the middle of things and he won't break character, but e.g. went on filming so some of the blood around his mouth was real on screen.

Yeah, love it - so BADASSHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

I don't think the art is so bad, the more I look, the more I like it. 'Coz Thorin and Dwalin must have been in a lot of fighting through the years and as some have complained, I am sure he did get hurt. This art just looked to me like utter weariness when it is all over, pain, but Thorin is very much alive. IMO it would take more than a few arrows to stop a dwarf, ESPECIALLY Thorin. Plus I have to think the maille would have some effect of slowing an arrow down.

LOL Thorin definitely needs his TORn Thralls around tho, to take care of him after this kind of thing,Wink Dwalin and Balin too - in fact, ALL the guys.

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 16 2014, 2:59am

Post #14 of 30 (320 views)
Shortcut
Glad you like it! [In reply to] Can't Post

LOL that's why I am whining about the BOFA banner - there is always the Battle of Moria and the AUJ pine tree scene, and think the forges are pretty badass,

But IMO you can't beat a WARRIOR in full, bloody, raging, sweat-soaked, sword-wielding ferocity, - so epic! and it's THORIN.Heart

So I wanna wallow in the EPICNESS for as long as I can before I think *sob* about the end gameFrown.

Thorin could end up being covered in boar dung and he'd still look absolutely Majestic.

LOL Thorin managed to be majestic even with fish slime and fish scales in his hair. Tho I DID notice that all the dwarves seemed to have spent some time cleaning themselves up at Bard's, even if they had to redo their hair with twine and stuff.Cool

Kim
Valinor

Aug 16 2014, 3:11am

Post #15 of 30 (315 views)
Shortcut
Oh, I see [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't recognize the outfit as it was blue in that pic, but looks gray onscreen with the way they did the lighting/color grading for the scene:

KeenObserver
Lorien

Aug 16 2014, 3:16am

Post #16 of 30 (311 views)
Shortcut
His Highness's gloriousness knows no bounds // [In reply to] Can't Post

”The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer…” - Jose Bergamin

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 16 2014, 3:44am

Post #17 of 30 (314 views)
Shortcut
Wait 'till BOFA! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sigh - but as you say, it will be glorious. Tell everyone to buy stock in tissue manufacturing companies tho. You know, the kind that are extra soft *sob*FrownFrownFrown

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 16 2014, 3:49am

Post #18 of 30 (311 views)
Shortcut
Sometimes I wish they would quit messing with the colors! [In reply to] Can't Post

Tho the WETA books say these 3-D cameras and 48fps cameras just suck the color out of everything. Like Mirkwood is painted in real life w. these really bright colors, but in the movie it just looks like bits of color here and there.

And frankly I hadn't even thought about the color of the Moria tunic until now, but now that you mention it - I thought it was brown suede and it's blue!

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 16 2014, 4:38am

Post #19 of 30 (322 views)
Shortcut
Does that mean that beacon of hope and unhelp to the misguidedly besotted, [In reply to] Can't Post

the Institute Under The Mountain: Erebor School of Thorinitis and assorted Dwarfusionitises is finally going to throw its doors open? Tongue

I'm a lurker. Fan of both books and movies; it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX
(Tis true! More appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies)

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), Two, Three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback by Kerewyn (new, posted 10 August), Four

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBofTA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

cats16
Half-elven

Aug 16 2014, 7:07am

Post #20 of 30 (314 views)
Shortcut
Where is this image from? [In reply to] Can't Post

I might be missing the obvious here, but this one doesn't ring a bell for me. Is it from one of the new magazine releases?

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 16 2014, 10:56am

Post #21 of 30 (298 views)
Shortcut
It's originally from ... [In reply to] Can't Post

one of the AUJ extended edition behind the scenes videos - just don't ask me which one, because I can't remember. Wink Possibly the one that details the Azanulbizar set and scene.

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 16 2014, 3:15pm

Post #22 of 30 (275 views)
Shortcut
The Appendices chapter on the Battle of Moria [In reply to] Can't Post

And it always makes me smile seeing the makeup people swarming around Thorin, because in real life he's so tall and they have to reach up. It's a screen cap.

A small taste IMO of what BOFA will be like, based on the fuzzy banner images.

cats16
Half-elven

Aug 16 2014, 4:04pm

Post #23 of 30 (266 views)
Shortcut
Ah, ok. [In reply to] Can't Post

I haven't had the chance to watch the Appendices yet, so that explains it.

Kim
Valinor

Aug 16 2014, 5:22pm

Post #24 of 30 (259 views)
Shortcut
You haven't watched the Appendices yet?! [In reply to] Can't Post

What are you waiting for? And what could you possibly have to do that's more important? Tongue Perfect way to pass a couple of cold, wintery days.

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 16 2014, 6:01pm

Post #25 of 30 (255 views)
Shortcut
You do get some nice behind-the-scenes peeks times [In reply to] Can't Post

HeartHeartHeart Ok, is CR's shirt an ACCIDENT? LOLWink

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.