Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Peter Jackson Production Videos for BOTFA?

Ithilisa
Rivendell

Aug 11 2014, 8:03pm

Post #1 of 18 (1342 views)
Shortcut
Peter Jackson Production Videos for BOTFA? Can't Post

I can find videos Peter Jackson posted for the first two movies, but has anyone seen any for the third film? I haven't seen any this time around. Am I just missing them, or did he not do any?

"I name you Elf-friend; and may the stars shine upon the end of your road!" - Gildor

Azaghâl
Lorien

Aug 11 2014, 8:29pm

Post #2 of 18 (735 views)
Shortcut
There are non [In reply to] Can't Post

Seems like good ol PJ is very busy. Wink

*Baruk khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!*

deskp
Lorien

Aug 12 2014, 2:31am

Post #3 of 18 (584 views)
Shortcut
well. [In reply to] Can't Post

plenty of bo5a in some of the later vlogs.

but pj will be doing more before the release this year.

tiamy
Rivendell

Aug 12 2014, 3:57pm

Post #4 of 18 (404 views)
Shortcut
They're probably recording DOS EE commentaries at this point [In reply to] Can't Post

I remember it was August 2013 that they recorded AUJ EE commentaries. Remember the part where there was an earthquake while they're doing the commentaries?

Ardamírë
Valinor

Aug 12 2014, 4:23pm

Post #5 of 18 (402 views)
Shortcut
Earthquake [In reply to] Can't Post

That was crazy. I just watched/listened to the commentary for the first time a few weeks ago and thought it was crazy how they just shouldered on through an earthquake! I've never experienced on before, but neither PJ nor Philippa seemed to give it much thought. Probably would have scared me to death.

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Aug 12 2014, 5:21pm

Post #6 of 18 (366 views)
Shortcut
I kind of doubt it. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
but pj will be doing more before the release this year.

Has this been said somewhere, oficially?

deskp
Lorien

Aug 12 2014, 5:23pm

Post #7 of 18 (365 views)
Shortcut
well [In reply to] Can't Post

He said last eyar that he looked forward to more this year, or soemthign simialr.

watch the end of his previous vlog he says something.

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Aug 12 2014, 5:43pm

Post #8 of 18 (380 views)
Shortcut
Seems like they've pretty much given up on them though, [In reply to] Can't Post

unfortunately. But maybe we'll see a couple before December...

Ardamírë
Valinor

Aug 12 2014, 7:00pm

Post #9 of 18 (343 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, I'm not keeping my hopes up either [In reply to] Can't Post

Not that I wouldn't love to get more, but I don't think it's likely at this point.

KeenObserver
Lorien

Aug 12 2014, 8:11pm

Post #10 of 18 (341 views)
Shortcut
Guys [In reply to] Can't Post

This is PJ's final Middle-earth movie.

It would be weird if he didn't give us a
Vlog or two before the release of TBOTFA.

I'm not hoping for one; I'm expecting one.

”The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer…” - Jose Bergamin

(This post was edited by KeenObserver on Aug 12 2014, 8:14pm)

AncalagontheBlack
Rohan

Aug 12 2014, 8:48pm

Post #11 of 18 (325 views)
Shortcut
Post comic con [In reply to] Can't Post

I was thinking we might see one sometime soon with comic con incorporating some of the pickups from last year.

KeenObserver
Lorien

Aug 12 2014, 9:02pm

Post #12 of 18 (327 views)
Shortcut
Different approach [In reply to] Can't Post

Most of the material pertaining to this culminating movie has been "delayed" in a sense.

A slightly different approach has been implemented for the third and final instalment.

They've been extremely quiet and reserved; not to eager to dish out the goodies this time around; waiting for the right time frame to unleash the puppies.

So, I'd expect a Vlog and treats of that ilk to be delivered to us closer to the release date.

Of course, I could very well be wrong and PJ has nothing left for the fans.

”The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer…” - Jose Bergamin

(This post was edited by KeenObserver on Aug 12 2014, 9:03pm)

leonmuse
Rivendell

Aug 12 2014, 9:22pm

Post #13 of 18 (318 views)
Shortcut
Originality [In reply to] Can't Post

Half of me wants and the other half doesn't them to repeat that kind of ending. The third half (:P) of me wants them to be original for once, since this trilogy is lacking in this department.

Actually i had a nightmare this last night, i dreamed that the third movie was totally messed up! Totally bad! I was so glad when i woke up and returned to the times of "Not Released Yet"

Ithilisa
Rivendell

Aug 13 2014, 3:31am

Post #14 of 18 (269 views)
Shortcut
KeenObserver, I hope you're right [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope you're right. There were 14 or so for DOS, here's to hoping for one or two this time around. I'm not hoping for spoilers. I've read the book. But I really hope for more behind the scenes stuff. The movies to me are special not only because of what happens onscreen, but also because of the cast and crew that made them.

"I name you Elf-friend; and may the stars shine upon the end of your road!" - Gildor

KeenObserver
Lorien

Aug 13 2014, 5:24pm

Post #15 of 18 (201 views)
Shortcut
I share that sentiment [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
The movies to me are special not only because of what happens onscreen, but also because of the cast and crew that made them.

I've never been so passionate about a production and I've never grown so fond of the people involved.

Let's hope that PJ doesn't let us down in the Vlog department.

Arannir
Valinor

Aug 13 2014, 7:07pm

Post #16 of 18 (183 views)
Shortcut
What is he supposed to show? [In reply to] Can't Post

I also would like two or maybe three vlogs before December - but I see why PJ may think there simply isn't enough material.

He might not want to spoiler too much and therefore cannot show much of the filming - and post-production isn't that interesting either when all screens are blurred.

And the score and all that is not happening yet.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

KeenObserver
Lorien

Aug 13 2014, 7:59pm

Post #17 of 18 (170 views)
Shortcut
Anything he can muster [In reply to] Can't Post

He hasn't shown us everything, right? Unimpressed

I'm sure they could put together a very amusing post-production Vlog.
I wouldn't even mind a dull one.

Or they could give us a Vlog where they cautiously show and carefully
discuss aspects of the five-army battle shoot without revealing too much.
It's possible, right? Evil

I mean, they retitled the final instalment: The Battle Of The Five Armies.
And the novel has been around for decades. It wouldn't hurt to give interested
moviegoers a little taste of what's in store. It could even work as a teaser of sorts.Shocked

Perhaps we'll get a dedicated Vlog where we see the cast and crew reflect on the
past years and the production's journey. Maybe they'll include that Middle-earth
movies' blooper reel.Smile

There's got to be something, right? Unsure

(This post was edited by KeenObserver on Aug 13 2014, 8:06pm)

Arannir
Valinor

Aug 13 2014, 8:54pm

Post #18 of 18 (167 views)
Shortcut
I am sure he will publish something... [In reply to] Can't Post

... once he thinks there is some merit in the vlog that he is satisfied with.

The fact that he has not published anything, yet, is imho a sign that PJ does not think he can create a vlog right now that would deserve the time it would need (and take away from other things).

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.