Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Does anyone else want the end credits to be like ROTK?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

boldog
Rohan

Aug 12 2014, 11:00am

Post #1 of 27 (1132 views)
Shortcut
Does anyone else want the end credits to be like ROTK? Can't Post

I really want this!
Love to see the concept art being displayed during the credits, just as it was done in ROTK. And also showing the sketches of characters, with the actors name. Perfect way of ending a trilogy! Im hoping they do the same for TBOT5A!
Surely we can all agree on this! Smile

I believe that Azog and Bolg are possibly the only two orcs who may be an exception to the typical evil nature of an orc. Azog had brought up his son, well enough that he actually acknowledges him as his own son. That is a first for any orc. And Bolg sets out to march upon Erebor in vengeance of his fathers death. How many orcs will Try and avenge another dead orc? Most will just forget about the dead one. This gives me hope that Orcs, have some traits of good in them, even if it is small aspects.

DaoinSidhe
The Shire

Aug 12 2014, 11:24am

Post #2 of 27 (620 views)
Shortcut
I certainly do! [In reply to] Can't Post

And I firmly believe they will be done like that again - it is the end of the book, after all.

TheHutt
Gondor

Aug 12 2014, 11:33am

Post #3 of 27 (613 views)
Shortcut
Absolutely... [In reply to] Can't Post

Or at least, somewhat like this.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Booklet Project

Elessar
Valinor

Aug 12 2014, 12:59pm

Post #4 of 27 (562 views)
Shortcut
Without a doubt [In reply to] Can't Post

YES Cool

BlackFox
Half-elven

Aug 12 2014, 1:01pm

Post #5 of 27 (528 views)
Shortcut
You bet! // [In reply to] Can't Post

“As he caught his footing, his head fell back, and the Milky Way flowed down inside him with a roar.” - Yasunari Kawabata, Snow Country

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Aug 12 2014, 1:03pm

Post #6 of 27 (598 views)
Shortcut
I think the question should be: [In reply to] Can't Post

Is there anyone who does not want the end credits to be like ROTK?

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

The Hall of Fire

LordotRings93
Rohan

Aug 12 2014, 1:04pm

Post #7 of 27 (543 views)
Shortcut
I definitely do! [In reply to] Can't Post

Perfect way to end a brilliant trilogy ala Lord of the Rings. I think they will, knowing this is truly "the end" (for now), so they'll make the end credits pretty extravagant.

The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies 12/17/14
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

Elarie
Grey Havens

Aug 12 2014, 2:41pm

Post #8 of 27 (546 views)
Shortcut
Not sure [In reply to] Can't Post

The credits for ROTK were the best, and most moving, I've ever seen. But would a copycat version for the Hobbit have the same emotional effect? And in the future, when people are watching the movies in order, it won't be "the end", it will be the middle, which means that when the credits for ROTK start to roll, new viewers would think it's a copy of the Hobbit credits.

I think I'll put my money on Jackson and team designing something that is just as good, but different. And if the credits contain a subtle nod to the "future" LOTR story, perhaps a final visual reference to the One Ring, I think that would be very appropriate.

And once again the world has not arranged itself just for me.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Aug 12 2014, 2:48pm

Post #9 of 27 (528 views)
Shortcut
I don't think it would be a problem [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
The credits for ROTK were the best, and most moving, I've ever seen. But would a copycat version for the Hobbit have the same emotional effect? And in the future, when people are watching the movies in order, it won't be "the end", it will be the middle, which means that when the credits for ROTK start to roll, new viewers would think it's a copy of the Hobbit credits.

I think I'll put my money on Jackson and team designing something that is just as good, but different. And if the credits contain a subtle nod to the "future" LOTR story, perhaps a final visual reference to the One Ring, I think that would be very appropriate.

I don't think it would be a problem if the movie "in the middle" had similar ending pictures to RoTK - after all, even if it is in the middle it's still the end of a book. And so what if some people think it's a copycat? When Thorin, Fili & Kili's sketches come up, tears will be flowing! I do like the idea of the ring being the final pic, though.

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Aug 12 2014, 3:09pm

Post #10 of 27 (489 views)
Shortcut
absolutely! [In reply to] Can't Post

I would love it! I hope they do it.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Elarie
Grey Havens

Aug 12 2014, 3:13pm

Post #11 of 27 (516 views)
Shortcut
Sketches of the dwarves [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh dear - I'm not sure I want to cry that much. I guess I'd better take 'extra' extra tissues - I hadn't even thought about crying all the way through the darn credits.

And once again the world has not arranged itself just for me.

Darkstone
Immortal

Aug 12 2014, 3:35pm

Post #12 of 27 (521 views)
Shortcut
Nope [In reply to] Can't Post

This a story about *Dwarves* for Aulë's sake, not namby-pamby Elves. I want massive magnificent sculptures of our heroes, not dainty airy sketches.

Harumphh!!!!

"The internet is swarming with the ghosts,
Of my thankfully reconsidered posts."

Kim
Valinor

Aug 12 2014, 4:20pm

Post #13 of 27 (474 views)
Shortcut
I'm pretty sure [In reply to] Can't Post

we'll need about a week and a half supply of tissues to get through this movie. Unsure But yes, I would like to see sketches during the end credits.

“Will you follow me, one last time?”

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Aug 12 2014, 4:33pm

Post #14 of 27 (454 views)
Shortcut
Would you accept paper mache? // [In reply to] Can't Post

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

The Hall of Fire

Bombadil
Half-elven

Aug 12 2014, 4:52pm

Post #15 of 27 (454 views)
Shortcut
Thang you Berry Buch...HUTT..except...Bomby.. [In reply to] Can't Post

HAD to MUTE
Leonard Nimoy...

GAG Bomby..
with a SPOON...?

LIKE, MAYBE?, Probably Maybe, SSssorta..
SPOCKzz worst
EVER performance....
"LIKE"
THRILLED, CHILLED..WAyBOSS?"
"Valley Girls" in Southern California?

FUR SURE...
Plastic "TEEN BOP"... TUNE?

Makes bomby sickly...?
to think Back to that Parta of the
1970zzz.?

WHICH.. part of the Floor Should? bomby
"Ralph".. on

Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Aug 12 2014, 5:17pm

Post #16 of 27 (455 views)
Shortcut
No, [In reply to] Can't Post

keep it simple. Save the big emotional credits where they belong-- at the end of the final film in the series.

Besides, i don't think The Hobbit deserves it. It hasn't built up the emotional stakes that LotR did, or earned as much good will, in my opinion.

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Aug 12 2014, 6:01pm

Post #17 of 27 (442 views)
Shortcut
No! [In reply to] Can't Post

It would be another case of "we have seen that before in LOTR".

KeenObserver
Lorien

Aug 12 2014, 8:39pm

Post #18 of 27 (376 views)
Shortcut
Re: No, [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
keep it simple. Save the big emotional credits where they belong-- at the end of the final film in the series.

For the six-film boxed set, should/could/would they attach The Hobbit sketches to the RotK ending credits?

Is that preferable? Would that be appropriate?

In Reply To
Besides, i don't think The Hobbit deserves it. It hasn't built up the emotional stakes that LotR did, or earned as much good will, in my opinion.

I agree with you for the most part, but I'm not too concerned about whether this trilogy deserves it or not.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing illustrations of the characters and other such things that are included in The Hobbit during the TBOTFA's closing credits.

It's the end of a tale and it is a time to remember the characters and events that were at the forefront of this story.

”The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer…” - Jose Bergamin

(This post was edited by KeenObserver on Aug 12 2014, 8:45pm)

Pipe Dream
Gondor

Aug 12 2014, 8:46pm

Post #19 of 27 (360 views)
Shortcut
I'm inclined to say yes. [In reply to] Can't Post

With maybe some future event sketches thrown in? Repeating ideas, like lines makes me cringe..."It's not natural. None of it." -shudder. Keep Sam's lines for Sam, that takes me out of the story every time. Crazy

"There is a long road yet," said Gandalf. "But it is the last road," said Bilbo.

Bladerunner
Gondor

Aug 13 2014, 12:12am

Post #20 of 27 (316 views)
Shortcut
No.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I would prefer something different.
I think there were way too many similarities already in the first two films.
A little variety would be welcome.
Black and white photographic images of moments from the journey might be a nice change.

(This post was edited by Bladerunner on Aug 13 2014, 12:13am)

the 13th warrior
Rivendell

Aug 13 2014, 12:36am

Post #21 of 27 (314 views)
Shortcut
Well if doing the credits were up to me..... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Boldog and others, here's an idea that might satisfy some or dismay others, what if filmmakers took candid photos of cast in costume or movie stills from peak, special moments, froze their images, doctored them a bit so they look like an ancient painting or sculpture even, and superimposed them into a movie background that symbolized their role/their quest/their home/character.

The dwarves' pictures would all go with Lonely Mt. shots--lots of angles and possibilities there. Imagine Thorin with a big enigmatic smile next to a beautiful lonely mt. peak exterior, perhaps Balin with the Durin's moon (light on keyhole) behind him, other dwarves images put next or in shots of forges, lonely mt. great gate statues, huge throne room, etc. These pictures of the actors could be big head shots or full bodied with characters doing something or being somewhere that is appropriate

Gandalf might be seen in a wilderness shot, a lonely figure on the road with his staff, Beorn poses with axe by his house and animals, Elrond portrait in that cool moonletters on the map scene with that eerie rays of light all around him, Thranduil sitting on his throne in that wild looking cathedral with trees royal court room, Bilbo by his beloved front door of Bag End.

I really liked the pen ink sketches of ROTK and it's a really nice take a final bow moment, but i would hope they would change the style a bit so it wouldn't be a direct copy. wonder if pj and the gang will think play it safe and make it very much like ROTK, i might be a tiny bit disappointed, but not much. am sure they will pull off a great emotional credit roll, wonder what singer-band will get the honors for "the last song of the movie" -- what do you think???

the 13th warrior, left field caliphate

Nira
Lorien

Aug 13 2014, 2:26am

Post #22 of 27 (279 views)
Shortcut
YES!!! Or, at least something that works as beautifully// [In reply to] Can't Post

"Why, to think of it, we're in the same tale still! It's going on. Don't the great tales never end?" -Samwise

davidjUK
Bree

Aug 13 2014, 1:02pm

Post #23 of 27 (234 views)
Shortcut
No [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm going to say no. I think it is perfect for the Return of the King, as it is the end of these films. "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" is not the end of these 6 films, it' almost like the middle chapter.

TheHutt
Gondor

Aug 13 2014, 2:00pm

Post #24 of 27 (222 views)
Shortcut
How about... [In reply to] Can't Post

...credits with portraits, but without the "The End" title card? :)

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Booklet Project

Glorfindela
Valinor

Aug 13 2014, 2:24pm

Post #25 of 27 (218 views)
Shortcut
No, thank you [In reply to] Can't Post

I think the end credits should be specific to the final film, and should relate to the story in The Hobbit. I also don't need ANY references to LotR in the credits. I think what has been added as padding in this respect in DoS most particularly has seriously marred the film. Apart from the issues I have with the non-book canon characters, I think the visual styles of the LotR films are very different from those in The Hobbit, and trying to somehow link the two trilogies any more than they are linked according to the professor's story is completely unnecessary and messy. It doesn't do any favours to either the LotR or Hobbit films.

(This post was edited by Glorfindela on Aug 13 2014, 2:26pm)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.