Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Casting "The Children of Húrin"

Arannir
Valinor

Aug 11 2014, 1:59pm

Views: 911
Shortcut
Casting "The Children of Húrin" Can't Post

A lot of these roles would offer themselves to be cast with newcomers, I guess... but let's still do this.

"Star"-Cast "The Children of Húrin"!

I tried not to chose actors whom I just feel fitting when it comes to looks - but how I could see them play out these characters (judging from what I have seen them in) - especially voices and how I can imagine them in relation to the other characters (especially the "couples").

Túrin - Tom Mison (Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, etc.)

Nienor - Jessica Brown Findlay (Downton Abbey, etc.)

Húrin - Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad, Godzilla etc.)

Morwen - Connie Britton (American Horror Story, etc.)

Beleg - Alexander Skarsgård (Melancholia, True Blood, etc.)

Melian - Elizabeth Mitchell (V, LOST, etc.)

Thingol - Stephen Moyer (True Blood, etc.)

Glaurung (Mocap, voice) - James Earl Jones (The Lion King, etc.)

Morgoth (Mocap, voice) - Alan Rickman (Rasputin, Love Actually, Harry Potter, etc.)

Finduilas - Emily de Ravin (LOST, etc.)

Mablung - Jaime Bell (King Kong, Billy Elliot, Tintin, etc.)

Mîm - Ian McShane (Pirates of the Carribean, Pillars of the Earth, etc.)

Gwindor - Eion Bailey (Once Upon A Time, Band of Brother, etc.)

Orodreth - Tony Curran (Pillars of the Earth, etc.)

Brandir - Domhnall Gleeson (Harry Potter, Anna Karenina, etc.)

Sador - Bill Nighy (Love Actually, Pirates of the Carribean, etc.)

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Aug 11 2014, 2:02pm)

Subject User Time
Casting "The Children of Húrin" Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Aug 11 2014, 1:59pm
    Oh my gosh this is so great! DaughterofLaketown Send a private message to DaughterofLaketown Aug 11 2014, 5:12pm
    I am not sure about Findaly DaughterofLaketown Send a private message to DaughterofLaketown Aug 11 2014, 5:13pm
    Here would be my cast DaughterofLaketown Send a private message to DaughterofLaketown Aug 11 2014, 5:48pm
    Nice list CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Aug 11 2014, 6:17pm
        Nobody minds CG... Mikah Send a private message to Mikah Aug 13 2014, 1:15am
            Wow! DaughterofLaketown Send a private message to DaughterofLaketown Aug 13 2014, 4:14am
                Is Richard Madden tall enough? Eledhwen Send a private message to Eledhwen Aug 13 2014, 6:57am
                    I agree Lothiriel Send a private message to Lothiriel Aug 13 2014, 7:25am
                    Channing is 6' ft DaughterofLaketown Send a private message to DaughterofLaketown Aug 13 2014, 3:49pm
                        He's not my Túrin Eledhwen Send a private message to Eledhwen Aug 13 2014, 10:19pm
    Morgoth voice Magradhaid Send a private message to Magradhaid Aug 12 2014, 3:00am
        Agree Lana Rickman will always be Snape in my mind DaughterofLaketown Send a private message to DaughterofLaketown Aug 12 2014, 4:36am
    Hurin Mikah Send a private message to Mikah Aug 13 2014, 1:10am
    Okay... I wanna see THAT flick! :D // grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Aug 13 2014, 12:13pm
    My 'mental' Turin... cats16 Send a private message to cats16 Aug 14 2014, 12:37am
    Gak Malveth Send a private message to Malveth Sep 8 2014, 2:15am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.