Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
The Silmarillion - The Music of the Ainur Original Song

DeMitreN

Aug 10 2014, 3:10pm

Post #1 of 3 (439 views)
Shortcut
The Silmarillion - The Music of the Ainur Original Song Can't Post

Hello everybody! Ever since I read the Silmarillion for the first time, I wanted to compose a piece for The Music of the Ainur. Here's my interpretation. Let me know what you think about it. Hope you'll enjoy it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjQiaJ3fZE8&list=UUuzlLt9Tu8YCwyc_KAqyXAQ

(This post was edited by DeMitreN on Aug 10 2014, 3:12pm)

gkgyver
Bree

Aug 11 2014, 5:46pm

Post #2 of 3 (286 views)
Shortcut
Sounds good! [In reply to] Can't Post

Are you a James Horner fan by any chance? Did you deliberately lean one of your main themes on "For the love of a princess"?

DeMitreN

Aug 11 2014, 9:02pm

Post #3 of 3 (359 views)
Shortcut
The Silmarillion - The Music of the Ainur [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, I like his music, but I don't consider him as one of my favorites. As for that melody, I must say I have only watched Braveheart 2 or 3 times, I didn't knew about this song. Actually that melody is inspired by the main theme of The Hobbit, that one which is played with french horns. As a composer, I have noticed that sometimes I can build up melodies that sound similiar to another one without noticing until someone tells me. Anyway, thank you for watching and I'm glad you liked it!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.