Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The very first shot of the trailer may...

Peterthorn of Rohan
Rivendell

Aug 10 2014, 9:39am

Post #1 of 5 (1210 views)
Shortcut
The very first shot of the trailer may... Can't Post

have been the very last shot of Martin Freeman. On the last day of shooting Peter Jackson posted some photos on Facebook, one of them being Smaug(Cumberbatch) admiring Bilbo's(Freeman) feet.
http://www.fanpop.com/...es-bilbos-feet-photo

Behind Cumberbatch there is the exact same stool that Bilbo is sitting on in the first shot of the trailer.
http://heirsofdurin.files.wordpress.com/...0p-mov_000011177.jpg

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Aug 10 2014, 7:30pm)

Noria
Gondor

Aug 10 2014, 1:03pm

Post #2 of 5 (495 views)
Shortcut
Interesting [In reply to] Can't Post

Behind Freeman we can see the same area that appears in the background beyond Bilbo in the trailer, with a statue, some sort of table or plinth, benches and a lot of debris.

I've never been convinced that this is Thorin's tomb in the background and that the scene takes place after the BOFA. The voice-over may not accompany these visuals in the actual movie. We'll see.

Retro315
Rivendell

Aug 10 2014, 4:27pm

Post #3 of 5 (382 views)
Shortcut
Re [In reply to] Can't Post

I've never thought once that this was Thorin's tomb - look at the rest of the dwarven architecture, the gates, the statues, the sheer scale ... there's no way that room is anywhere near grandiose enough to be a dwarf tomb. Balin's tomb is a different story because the Chamber of Mazarbul wasn't a tomb - it was a broom closet that they fortified themselves in for a last stand.

I've always firmly believed that this is just the little makeshift dining room - that the dwarves, who will be living in the mountain for a month or so, have taken up residence in a manor near to the gate, near to the throne room, and this is a small dining room. Moreover, I'm quite sure this is Bilbo contemplating his decision about the Arkenstone - probably getting ready to go bypass Bombur and sneak off.

Michelle Johnston
Rohan

Aug 10 2014, 4:37pm

Post #4 of 5 (406 views)
Shortcut
Final Shooting Final Scenes ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Listening to Bilbo's words at the out set of the trailer it put me in mind that they are the closing words of the T E of the movie.

He is talking about writing down his memories one day in a very plaintive way.

We know that the back again material has been filmed but if you can close everyones arc during the movie with Bilbo reminiscing in story telling terms why do you need to make the return journey. other than a fade to Ian Holm to start up the LOTR narrative with G knocking on the door??.

We know he gets Bag End back so their is no tension, after all the massive tension in the body of the movie, having that bit of jeopardy. It would be lovely for an EE and of course the movie is no longer called TABA.

Just a thought and it helps keeps PJ' time target.

My Dear Bilbo something is the matter with you! you are not the same hobbit that you were.

(This post was edited by Michelle Johnston on Aug 10 2014, 4:42pm)

TnuaccayM
Bree

Aug 11 2014, 12:20am

Post #5 of 5 (241 views)
Shortcut
I always thought [In reply to] Can't Post

that it could be where Thorin finds his golden armor and the crown. It would seem like the statue actually held something important, judging by the beam of light.

And as for the ''tomb'' thing goes, I don't think Bilbo will be at Thorin's funeral dressed like that, especially after the battle. The place could even be the King Under the Mountain's chambers or something like that. Or maybe een a dining room.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.