The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
I got mail from Richard Armtiage!

LaurenOakenshield
Bree

Aug 5 2014, 9:51pm

Post #1 of 12 (820 views)
Shortcut
I got mail from Richard Armtiage! Can't Post

So a few months back, I sent off a couple of things to Richard Armitage and asked if he could sign them for me, and yesterday I got them back in the mail and he signed them! Smile
Here are some pictures.

Lauren Oakenshield Wink
Attachments: RA Autograph (1).jpg (14.1 KB)
  RA Autograph (2).jpg (16.2 KB)
  RA Autograph (3).jpg (15.4 KB)

Dcole4
Rohan

Aug 6 2014, 12:53am

Post #2 of 12 (589 views)
Shortcut
Really cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

He seems very humble and appreciative. I work in film/tv casting and he's met/ read for a couple big projects. He's an extremely talented and kind gentleman. I hope nothing but the best for him in the future. I would have loved for him to take on the Batman cowl, but I'm sure he'll be cast in something big eventually.

cats16
Half-elven

Aug 6 2014, 3:48am

Post #3 of 12 (563 views)
Shortcut
Aweseome! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

Kim
Valinor

Aug 6 2014, 4:07am

Post #4 of 12 (581 views)
Shortcut
Cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't realize you could send him things like that to be signed - what a nice addition to your collection. Smile

“Will you follow me, one last time?”

BlackFox
Half-elven

Aug 6 2014, 8:03am

Post #5 of 12 (554 views)
Shortcut
How cool! // [In reply to] Can't Post

“Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” - Henry David Thoreau

LastoftheRohirrim
The Shire

Aug 6 2014, 2:08pm

Post #6 of 12 (563 views)
Shortcut
RE: Thorin [In reply to] Can't Post

That's awesome! Do you have the mailing address? I would love to get something signed by Thorin!!

LaurenOakenshield
Bree

Aug 6 2014, 6:31pm

Post #7 of 12 (573 views)
Shortcut
Richard's Address and info [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, I do! Here is the website where I found it as well as all the information you need to know.

http://www.fanmail.biz/3435.html

There are several addresses, but I used his "Fan Mail" address:

Richard Armitage
United Agents Ltd.
12-26 Lexington Street
London
W1F 0LE

If you send him a picture or something you would like for him to sign, you have to include a properly self addressed envelope in order for him to send it back to you, that way he does not have to pay for it himself (details are included in the link).

One other helpful tip, if you really don't mind waiting a while for him to respond, then write a little note and say so. I've read where people have sent him things then about a month later they got it sent back to them unsigned, so when I sent my stuff I wrote a not saying I didn't mind waiting. . .then I got my stuff back signed although it took about 3 months! It was definately worth the wait! I am just so happy and thankful he found the time to do this for me as I know he's a very busy man!
Smile

LaurenOakenshield
Bree

Aug 6 2014, 6:36pm

Post #8 of 12 (534 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I didn't realize you could send him things like that to be signed - what a nice addition to your collection. Smile

Yes, you can! I also sent him 2 of my Thorin drawings (one of them I have as my profile picture). . . one was for him to keep and the other I asked if he could sign and send back, but I guess he got a little confused. . .he kept BOTH of them! Smile LOL Oh well, I do not mind! I can always do another one. At least now I can say he has 2 of my drawings and not just 1! Wink

LaurenOakenshield
Bree

Aug 6 2014, 6:44pm

Post #9 of 12 (563 views)
Shortcut
Another pic. . . [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's another picture of my autographs (that I framed). . .and since this is the "Gaming and Collecting" area, I thought I would include my 3 Little Thorins as well (POP Thorin, LEGO Thorin, and a small action figure). Smile
Attachments: Little Thorins.jpg (19.1 KB)

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Aug 15 2014, 11:58pm

Post #10 of 12 (519 views)
Shortcut
This is so cool [In reply to] Can't Post

I got my first fanmail from Jack Donelly recently and was ecstatic! I realize how cool it must be to receive something from someone you admire. I'm sure he gets busy and can't write many people so I'm glad you got lucky!

PrincessBlade

Dec 14 2014, 4:19am

Post #11 of 12 (432 views)
Shortcut
Bumping because thanks to LaurenOakenshield, I also got mail from Richard!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sent out a letter and these two items in August and I just got them back today with Richard's signature (attached photo). So happy and grateful and *fangirls like crazy*.

=)

(This post was edited by PrincessBlade on Dec 14 2014, 4:19am)
Attachments: richardauto.jpg (44.1 KB)

LaurenOakenshield
Bree

Dec 14 2014, 4:44am

Post #12 of 12 (536 views)
Shortcut
OH MY GOSH!! [In reply to] Can't Post

WOW, that is awesome!!!!! So glad he signed your things for you and happy I could help!!! He is sooo amazing!!! Fangirling with you!!! HeartCool

"The King Beneath the Mountain, shall come into his own..."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.