Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
First Trailer for Hobbit III viewed more than 11m times...
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Aug 3 2014, 1:01pm

Post #1 of 27 (1849 views)
Shortcut
First Trailer for Hobbit III viewed more than 11m times... Can't Post

An article by the Mid Devon Gazette which I made into a post on my blog, with my own comments added:

http://labofevolution.wordpress.com/2014/08/03/first-trailer-for-the-hobbit-iii/

Reactions? Thoughts?

'Is everything sad going to come untrue?'
(Sam, 'The Field of Cormallen', in 'The Return of the King'.)

dormouse
Half-elven

Aug 3 2014, 1:52pm

Post #2 of 27 (1014 views)
Shortcut
It isn't just me then! ;-) // [In reply to] Can't Post

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Aug 3 2014, 2:03pm

Post #3 of 27 (992 views)
Shortcut
Any more than the two of us??? [In reply to] Can't Post

I see that the link I thought I had put to my blog post isn't clickable. If anyone can help with that, I'll be very grateful...

Fleuz
Lorien

Aug 3 2014, 2:09pm

Post #4 of 27 (983 views)
Shortcut
Use the buttons [In reply to] Can't Post

Just click the {url} Button before and after you place the link. It's under the text field on the right.

http://labofevolution.wordpress.com/...-for-the-hobbit-iii/

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Aug 3 2014, 2:44pm

Post #5 of 27 (921 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the explanations... [In reply to] Can't Post

and even more for kindly doing it for me!!! Wink
But now I think I have understood more or less how to do it myself, thanks to you! Great!...Cool

Arannir
Valinor

Aug 3 2014, 2:44pm

Post #6 of 27 (953 views)
Shortcut
Which isn't counting those who saw it on PJ's FB page. [In reply to] Can't Post

Together with the most-watched UK, French, Spanish and German versions there come an additional 5 Million :)

In Germany, the trailer is the most or among the Top 5 most watched YT video(s) for a whole week now.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Aug 3 2014, 2:44pm)

SafeUnderHill
Rohan

Aug 3 2014, 2:48pm

Post #7 of 27 (1050 views)
Shortcut
It seems the 50 Shades of Grey trailer (from a week ago) [In reply to] Can't Post

Has been viewed twice as many times.

What has happened to humanity :(

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Aug 3 2014, 2:49pm

Post #8 of 27 (901 views)
Shortcut
Fantastic!!! *clapping hands, gets up and whirls around*// [In reply to] Can't Post

Glorfindela
Valinor

Aug 3 2014, 2:51pm

Post #9 of 27 (969 views)
Shortcut
Grahgh! [In reply to] Can't Post

What, indeed?

In Reply To
It seems the 50 Shades of Grey trailer has been viewed twice as many times.

What has happened to humanity :(

Glassary
Rivendell

Aug 3 2014, 3:43pm

Post #10 of 27 (937 views)
Shortcut
That was the news hook [In reply to] Can't Post

Normally wouldn't have known about the 50 trailer but virtually every news outlet had a story on it and how they couldn't show the whole thing. Seriously it was tame and not offensive but that report gave the trailer the bounce it needed to lure in viewers.

While BOFTA is being driven purely by fan lust for the trailer. It didn't have national news running stories on it finally arriving.

Arannir
Valinor

Aug 3 2014, 3:56pm

Post #11 of 27 (906 views)
Shortcut
This. [In reply to] Can't Post

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 3 2014, 4:54pm

Post #12 of 27 (898 views)
Shortcut
*Cough* don't think it's a comparison [In reply to] Can't Post

that can be made, tho, really. Considering the different subject matter of the films. I like leather as much as anyone, but I've passed on the trash swill "novel" and films like that have been around for years, generally made with a much smaller budget tho. Cool

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Aug 4 2014, 3:56am

Post #13 of 27 (673 views)
Shortcut
Well, too bad for them, [In reply to] Can't Post

if those people like to be 'greyified'...
But still, on the other hand it is all the more gratifying for us to be also so many feeling more attracted to a beautiful story like 'The Hobbit', that feeds the nobler potential in human nature! Heart

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Aug 4 2014, 4:58am

Post #14 of 27 (653 views)
Shortcut
Honestly I vowed as soon as I learned what Fifty Shade sof Grey was about I'd never read it. [In reply to] Can't Post

And I never will. Who would read some persons perverted fantasy is beyond me.

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Aug 4 2014, 6:45am

Post #15 of 27 (625 views)
Shortcut
Presumably, [In reply to] Can't Post

for inspiration?

Vous commencez à m'ennuyer avec le port!!!

Arannir
Valinor

Aug 4 2014, 6:46am

Post #16 of 27 (631 views)
Shortcut
A lot... [In reply to] Can't Post

... of people speak like this about fantasy - including Tolkien. SO maybe we should be careful to pass judgment ;) (Not that I really want to defend Grey.)

Arannir
Valinor

Aug 4 2014, 10:29am

Post #17 of 27 (579 views)
Shortcut
Plus... [In reply to] Can't Post

... for the marketing of TH it was important to not get cornered into the background by THG Mockingjay. And that worked.

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 4 2014, 1:09pm

Post #18 of 27 (546 views)
Shortcut
Well. I downloaded the copy [In reply to] Can't Post

or else a bit of that dent would have been my contribution Tongue But thanks for sharing, that is awesome!

I'm a lurker. Fan of both books and movies; it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII
(Tis true! More appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies)

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), Two, Three, Four (new! posted 16 Jul)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBofTA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Aug 4 2014, 2:49pm

Post #19 of 27 (529 views)
Shortcut
Great!!!! Glad that you appreciated [In reply to] Can't Post

this sharing from me; it is rare that I happen to find some good article not already posted by someone else!...Cool

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Aug 4 2014, 2:53pm

Post #20 of 27 (516 views)
Shortcut
LOL that's the one truth on these board // [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm a lurker. Fan of both books and movies; it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII
(Tis true! More appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies)

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), Two, Three, Four (new! posted 16 Jul)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBofTA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Glorfindela
Valinor

Aug 4 2014, 11:06pm

Post #21 of 27 (473 views)
Shortcut
By the way [In reply to] Can't Post

Forgot to say – I love your avatar, Lurker. It's almost as good as Avandel's, in terms of the subject matter. SmileTongue

In fact, the two avatars would go very well together.

(This post was edited by Glorfindela on Aug 4 2014, 11:07pm)

Elessar
Valinor

Aug 5 2014, 12:15am

Post #22 of 27 (457 views)
Shortcut
I was thinking the same thing. [In reply to] Can't Post

Arannir
Valinor

Aug 5 2014, 12:05pm

Post #23 of 27 (433 views)
Shortcut
I had to laugh... [In reply to] Can't Post

... at this: http://i.imgur.com/M4PnY8I.gif

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Aug 5 2014, 12:13pm

Post #24 of 27 (422 views)
Shortcut
LOL... Why don't you [In reply to] Can't Post

bring it up separately as a new post??? Here it's funny indeed, I had to laugh too, but it is completely out of topic, I would say.

Arannir
Valinor

Aug 5 2014, 12:15pm

Post #25 of 27 (422 views)
Shortcut
Ah... [In reply to] Can't Post

... I didn't think it was that great to justify a thread of its own and this one was the closet to a "teaser" thread we have on page 1 ;)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.