The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Desolation of Smaug EE - Announcement?

Dcole4
Rohan

Aug 1 2014, 8:01pm

Post #1 of 8 (1543 views)
Shortcut
Desolation of Smaug EE - Announcement? Can't Post

When do you think we'll get an official announcement on the EE?

Shagrat
Gondor

Aug 1 2014, 8:09pm

Post #2 of 8 (758 views)
Shortcut
Hopefully next week [In reply to] Can't Post

I suspect Warner might have delayed it given the abudance of Hobbit-related stuff we got earlier on in the week. But it has to be soon, given that Warner are announcing titles for late October/early November.

I wonder if we'll get a scene as well like last time? I'd prefer a brief trailer, but beggars can't be choosers.

SafeUnderHill
Rohan

Aug 1 2014, 8:17pm

Post #3 of 8 (744 views)
Shortcut
A short clip will be fine [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think a trailers a good idea, it'll give away too much! It's only 25 minutes of new footage after all.

Shagrat
Gondor

Aug 1 2014, 8:24pm

Post #4 of 8 (745 views)
Shortcut
It wouldn't just be the new scenes [In reply to] Can't Post

But footage from some of the features as well.

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Aug 1 2014, 8:39pm

Post #5 of 8 (736 views)
Shortcut
That's only five minutes shy of FotR's 30 minutes... [In reply to] Can't Post

...and that first Extended Edition preview was simply sublime (and didn't give much away, only a taste).

But this isn't New Line, of course. It's WB. So I expect a small clip, like last year. Which is better than nothing. I'm just salivating for anything, tbh. I wish they'd go ahead and announce.

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that."
- Viggo Mortensen

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Aug 2 2014, 2:18am

Post #6 of 8 (558 views)
Shortcut
Didn't PJ confirm 25 to 30 minutes of additional footage [In reply to] Can't Post

in a recent interview?

The flames of war are upon you..

KeenObserver
Lorien

Aug 2 2014, 2:25am

Post #7 of 8 (553 views)
Shortcut
Yes, he did . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

. . . But it wasn't an "official announcement".

”The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer…” - Jose Bergamin

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Aug 2 2014, 7:11am

Post #8 of 8 (567 views)
Shortcut
And in the recent Deadline Q&A [In reply to] Can't Post

he says 25-26 minutes...

JACKSON: The Smaug movie, we’ve got 25 or 26 minutes of pretty good stuff for that DVD. The first one, there wasn’t that much we left on the cutting room floor and it wasn’t earth shattering. But this is worthwhile stuff that you haven’t seen before.

http://www.deadline.com/...kubrick-the-beatles/

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.