Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*Rolls in late and opens bar doors* Come on in to Fiesta!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Altaira
Superuser

Aug 1 2014, 4:32pm

Post #1 of 70 (412 views)
Shortcut
*Rolls in late and opens bar doors* Come on in to Fiesta! Can't Post

Whew, busy, busy, distracting morning. But, I finally made it and it looks like the Dwarves have stocked the bar and the Elves have stocked the buffet. So, let us know how you've been doing!

*kicks juke box* "Boys of Summer" by Don Henley starts to play.

Happy weekend, everyone! CoolLaughHeart

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

(This post was edited by Altaira on Aug 1 2014, 4:35pm)

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Aug 1 2014, 4:56pm

Post #2 of 70 (290 views)
Shortcut
Back from vacation [In reply to] Can't Post

We just got back from North Carolina, where we were visiting my stepdaughter and her family--including their youngest, who was just born at the beginning of June.Evil Heart He's adorable, of course. As is his big sister. CoolHeart But I'm glad to be home again, where my own kids can fight in larger confines than our car. Tongue

That said, I only just saw the BOTFA trailer yesterday and am still absorbing it. I showed it to my daughter today, and she said, "Wow, Mom, this is the last movie, right? What are you going to obsess over after that?" Not to worry, my dear, the movies will last me for years to come. Angelic

Hope all is well with you, Altaira! Can you whip me up a nice mocha frappachino?

“Tollers,” Lewis said to Tolkien, “there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves.”

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Aug 1 2014, 5:02pm

Post #3 of 70 (285 views)
Shortcut
Happy weekend from here, too [In reply to] Can't Post

We went off to Austin for an f/sf convention last weekend, and of course the temperatures went back up to anvil-of-the-sun normal, making for a very hot drive. Now it's cool and cloudy again---well, cool is relative, it's still about 80F, but that's positively chilly by our standards this time of year.

We're getting new neighbors in the house next door and I bet they're REALLY glad to have nice weather for all the back and forthing!

The Gaffer's gone off to have lunch with a friend and probably see Guardians of the Galaxy. Me, I'm reading a mystery, playing Freecell, and doing the NYT Friday crossword puzzle, which today verges on vindictively hard. I know, I know. Lazy Lily. Blush

Have a great weekend, y'all! Smile

*grabs a mocha Frappuccino and a few snacks, admires certain hairy dwarves and elves (NOT wearing hair nets, despite the food service Tongue ) and heads back to the puzzle*

Where now the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing?
Where is the helm and the hauberk, and the bright hair flowing?
Where is the hand on the harpstring, and the red fire glowing?
Where is the spring and the harvest and the tall corn growing?
They have passed like rain on the mountain, like a wind in the meadow;
The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow....

Altaira
Superuser

Aug 1 2014, 5:02pm

Post #4 of 70 (282 views)
Shortcut
Lol, RivenDelve! [In reply to] Can't Post

"What are you going to obsess over after that?"

Like you said, many of us (if not most of us) will obsess over these movies for years to come. It's been over a decade since the LOTR movies came out and the LOTR Movie forum is still going strong! Laugh

*slides mocha frappucino down the bar*

Enjoy the weekend!

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Altaira
Superuser

Aug 1 2014, 5:06pm

Post #5 of 70 (280 views)
Shortcut
It's cooled off here too, Lily [In reply to] Can't Post

It's going to be mid-80s here today, and all next week, which will be a welcome break from the mid- to upper-90s we've had of late. A nice surprise for early August, too!

They say the BOFTA trailer is playing with Guardians. You'll have to ask the Gaffer how it looks on the big screen!

It sounds like you're having a lovely Friday. I hope the weekend is more-of-the-same. Smile

acheron
Gondor

Aug 1 2014, 5:10pm

Post #6 of 70 (296 views)
Shortcut
thanks for everyone's well-wishes last week [In reply to] Can't Post

My son's operation went fine; he handled everything ok and the dr said everything was easy. So that's good. We'll find out biopsy results in a week or so.

Also unrelatedly, I had an operation of my own -- dermatologist removed a large mole on my temple. They don't really expect it to be cancerous at this point or anything, just mainly precautionary. Anyway there's a going to be a giant bandage on my face for the next week.

Too many medical issues here! Hopefully we're done for the moment.

For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much -- the wheel, New York, wars, and so on -- while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man, for precisely the same reasons. -- Douglas Adams

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Aug 1 2014, 5:14pm

Post #7 of 70 (283 views)
Shortcut
I was a bit distracted today, too! ^-^; [In reply to] Can't Post

But I did finally get a chance to log on now, so I guess it's all good. :)

I'll have a Summer Usual, please; thanks, and I hope you have a great weekend, Altaira! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Altaira
Superuser

Aug 1 2014, 5:24pm

Post #8 of 70 (280 views)
Shortcut
Excellent news, acheron! [In reply to] Can't Post

It sounds like your little boy was quite the trooper - and his dad was too! Laugh

Good luck with the results. Take your mind off of the medical things this weekend and do something fun and distracting!

Altaira
Superuser

Aug 1 2014, 5:25pm

Post #9 of 70 (278 views)
Shortcut
Miruvor and 7-up, coming up! [In reply to] Can't Post

An icy-cold 7-up sounds really yummy right now. I think I'll join you! Smile

Have a wonderful, enjoyable weekend, Evey!

Elberbeth
Tol Eressea

Aug 1 2014, 5:27pm

Post #10 of 70 (285 views)
Shortcut
Not sure I would trust the dwarves to stock the bar, [In reply to] Can't Post

or the table, for that matter!
Things are looking up for my hubby, he's doing much better this week, although still having considerable pain. The hardest part for him is not *doing* anything as he's an A type who really isn't into relaxing! We've had to cancel a couple of camping trips, but in a couple of weeks I will be going with my daughter, my g'son, my sister, my niece and her family, up to a beautiful lake where we will spend several days. If this gorgeous weather holds, it will be great. By then jubby should be well enough to do some small stuff, and my son will be here to help him.
I just took the dog for a couple of miles this morning, so I could use a really cold refresher, thanks Altaira!
Happy weekend, everyone, especially for us here in Canada, it's a 3-dayer!

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark."

Kim
Valinor

Aug 1 2014, 5:32pm

Post #11 of 70 (281 views)
Shortcut
Whew indeed [In reply to] Can't Post

It's been another roller coaster week at work, but have been able to balance that out with a few concerts/picnic in the park in the glorious sunshine and mid-80s. This weekend is Seafair, the big annual Seattle festival with the hydroplane races and Blue Angels airshow. I'm going to a beach tomorrow to watch the show, then head off to check out Guardians of the Galaxy and the BOTFA trailer on the big screen. Then, more sun!

I'll just help myself to a dwarven beverage--mmmmm, tasty. Happy weekend all! Cool

“Will you follow me, one last time?”

Altaira
Superuser

Aug 1 2014, 5:34pm

Post #12 of 70 (277 views)
Shortcut
The Elves are keeping an eye on them [In reply to] Can't Post

...and vice versa, lol. Laugh

I'm glad to hear your husband is on the mend. Tie him down if you have to! Sounds like a nice walk you had this a.m.. Here's a tall, ice cold pink lemonade for you.

Enjoy the weekend!

Altaira
Superuser

Aug 1 2014, 5:37pm

Post #13 of 70 (276 views)
Shortcut
Sounds nice, Kim! [In reply to] Can't Post

Your weekend plans sound like a lot of fun! Since B.G. used to be in the NZ airforce, we go to lots of airshows. Wink I hope the weather holds up so those Blue Angels aren't lost in the clouds.

Help yourself to another Dwarven beverage. They were VERY generous when they stocked the bar (probably because they intend to stay after-hours, lol).

Happy weekend!

Lissuin
Valinor

Aug 1 2014, 5:44pm

Post #14 of 70 (278 views)
Shortcut
I'm on vacation. [In reply to] Can't Post

Did I miss anything this week?
Wink

While braving the California urban highways and byways, I spotted a familiar character who had also left the green forests of home to sample the delights of the city. Good luck to him, I say (and me).

Wellington was cold and windy when I left. Now a jug of California's official summer beverage, iced tea (with a bit of lemon, thank you), would be very much appreciated.

Cheers, Tornfolks!

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Aug 1 2014, 5:47pm

Post #15 of 70 (271 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

BlackFox
Half-elven

Aug 1 2014, 5:49pm

Post #16 of 70 (280 views)
Shortcut
Happy weekend! [In reply to] Can't Post

Nothing for me, thank you. I'm stuffed. It's my mom's birthday and we've been feasting the entire day. *burps* Excuse me. Tongue

“Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” - Henry David Thoreau

Altaira
Superuser

Aug 1 2014, 5:56pm

Post #17 of 70 (270 views)
Shortcut
Did you find the Ent wives? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm guessing that's a 'no.' Laugh

Enjoy the weekend and the rest of your vacation, Lissuin!

Altaira
Superuser

Aug 1 2014, 5:57pm

Post #18 of 70 (271 views)
Shortcut
Same to you, Black Fox! [In reply to] Can't Post

Oooh! Besides birthday cake (I'm assuming), what else have you been feasting on? Your mom's favorites?

I hope you have a great weekend, and happy birthday to your mom! Smile

Altaira
Superuser

Aug 1 2014, 5:58pm

Post #19 of 70 (269 views)
Shortcut
**Self-serve from here on out, everyone. Happy Weekend! // [In reply to] Can't Post

CoolHeartSmile

BlackFox
Half-elven

Aug 1 2014, 6:17pm

Post #20 of 70 (270 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, Altaira! [In reply to] Can't Post

It might be easier to list things that weren't on the table. Tongue Though I spent most my time with the cake. AngelicEvil

“Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” - Henry David Thoreau

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Aug 1 2014, 7:06pm

Post #21 of 70 (275 views)
Shortcut
Gotta brag on my aunt today [In reply to] Can't Post

Happy weekend everyone!
It's been pretty quiet for me this week, other than digging my way out from other school assignments.Crazy But one thing that did happen is that my aunt made and sent me the absolutely, positively, cutest tote bag ever!Heart She made it so that the bag looks like Bilbo's outfit in the movie, the handles are supposed to be reminiscent of the reins on the pony that he rides away from Hobbiton when he leaves on his adventure, and the "scarf" is actually a pair of ties to help keep the bag shut so nothing falls out. I can't get over how adorable it is and I love it so much!HeartLaughHeart She even included a little pocket in the front of the vest, to match the one that Bilbo keeps the Ring in!

She also sent me a Precioussss of my own to go in the pocket.Cool (Just realized I had Ring upside down when I took the picture. Oops.Tongue)

The tote bag is going to get put to good use, because I'm going to take it with me whenever and wherever I can. I'm so grateful to have such a talented and crafty aunt who does things like this for me and I love her to pieces!HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

"Love woke me up this morning
With a memory
Love came and whispered a story
That awakened a dream,

I am a dreamer, take me higher
Open the sky up, start a fire
I believe even if it's just a dream"
~"Dreamer" by Bethany Dillon

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Aug 1 2014, 7:44pm

Post #22 of 70 (258 views)
Shortcut
Happy birthday BlackFox's mom! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Love woke me up this morning
With a memory
Love came and whispered a story
That awakened a dream,

I am a dreamer, take me higher
Open the sky up, start a fire
I believe even if it's just a dream"
~"Dreamer" by Bethany Dillon

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Aug 1 2014, 7:46pm

Post #23 of 70 (274 views)
Shortcut
Room for an old timer? [In reply to] Can't Post

Argh, its been far too long since I stopped by. Life has been getting in the way!

Loved seeing the trailer this week, but also feeling a bit sad that this truly is the end of the journey. I was 13 when I first caught rumour of the LOTR films, 15 when Fellowship was released. Such a huge part of my life and it will feel weird not having another installment to look forward to!

Hope everyone is well. I will hang out by the bar for a while, supping on my Old Mout cider :)

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Aug 1 2014, 7:51pm

Post #24 of 70 (261 views)
Shortcut
Hey Elberbeth [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice to see you, hope you are well. Sorry to hear your hubby has been unwell, wishing him a speedy recovery.

Enjoy your trip with the family! X

Starling
Half-elven

Aug 1 2014, 7:58pm

Post #25 of 70 (271 views)
Shortcut
Hi Jazmine! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's great to see you. It's sleep-in-Saturday here. Cool

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.