The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
A very nice gift: Noble Collection Narya and question

Spalko
Rivendell

Aug 1 2014, 11:11am

Post #1 of 12 (2525 views)
Shortcut
A very nice gift: Noble Collection Narya and question Can't Post

A present from my best friend, and I have to say that looks amazing. The quality is great and nice presentation.

Now, question: I want to get Nenya now, so, those that might already have it, which one would you recommend? Noble Collection or Weta?

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Aug 3 2014, 5:05am

Post #2 of 12 (2218 views)
Shortcut
My goodness that is beautiful! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm jealous. Smile

Spalko
Rivendell

Aug 3 2014, 7:36am

Post #3 of 12 (2217 views)
Shortcut
The quality is fantastic [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I'm jealous. Smile

and yes, it is beautiful ^^

IdrilLalaith
Rivendell

Aug 4 2014, 3:42am

Post #4 of 12 (2190 views)
Shortcut
Lovely! [In reply to] Can't Post

I have the cheap version of Nenya (by Applause). It's alright for what it is. I have a few other Noble Collection pieces, though, and they're all wonderful.

TolkienBlog.com

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Aug 4 2014, 4:54am

Post #5 of 12 (2204 views)
Shortcut
But as to your original question... [In reply to] Can't Post

I would go with Noble collection. I don't own either but from pictures the noble collection one is much more beautiful.

Spalko
Rivendell

Aug 4 2014, 6:20am

Post #6 of 12 (2203 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I have the cheap version of Nenya (by Applause). It's alright for what it is. I have a few other Noble Collection pieces, though, and they're all wonderful.

Oh, I never saw that one before, and yes, Noble collection has amazing items (I have Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Spalko's sword and it is amazing), I was just curious about Weta items quality.

In Reply To
I would go with Noble collection. I don't own either but from pictures the noble collection one is much more beautiful.

I was thinking that too, or at least is more similar for the one in the movie.

IdrilLalaith
Rivendell

Aug 5 2014, 3:27am

Post #7 of 12 (2186 views)
Shortcut
The only Weta things I have [In reply to] Can't Post

Are the statues that came with the special extended editions for FotR, TTT, and RotK. They're also quite lovely. I don't think you can go wrong with either, really.

If I were you, I would get the Noble Collection ring. Then you're on your way to having a set of Noble Collection Elven rings. :)

TolkienBlog.com

Spalko
Rivendell

Aug 5 2014, 7:18am

Post #8 of 12 (2190 views)
Shortcut
You are right [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Are the statues that came with the special extended editions for FotR, TTT, and RotK. They're also quite lovely. I don't think you can go wrong with either, really.

If I were you, I would get the Noble Collection ring. Then you're on your way to having a set of Noble Collection Elven rings. :)

I know, we got a couple of them too, and they are very nice indeed.

:) I should do that. The only thing that stops me from doing it is that a lot of reviews complain about the ring being fragile, but then I do not want to wear all the time, I just want it more to be part of the collection.

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Aug 5 2014, 2:19pm

Post #9 of 12 (2173 views)
Shortcut
Well then sounds like you're good to go! [In reply to] Can't Post

I am sure they'd be safe on display.Smile

Spalko
Rivendell

Aug 5 2014, 4:03pm

Post #10 of 12 (2165 views)
Shortcut
I think so too [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I am sure they'd be safe on display.Smile

So I think I will get the Noble Collection one then. Thanks for all your opinions. :)

Defiant
Bree

Aug 5 2014, 8:50pm

Post #11 of 12 (2171 views)
Shortcut
The Weta version is more accurate to the original prop as far as I am aware. [In reply to] Can't Post

Spalko
Rivendell

Aug 6 2014, 7:13am

Post #12 of 12 (2212 views)
Shortcut
Really? [In reply to] Can't Post

I read a review there saying that it wasn't that accurate. Uhm, I will have to check it again. Thanks, Defiant.

Edit: I was checking it again, and it is out of stock yet anyway. Pity.

(This post was edited by Spalko on Aug 6 2014, 7:23am)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.