Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
The Hobbit Movie Promotions

kernul

Aug 1, 11:00am

Views: 785
Shortcut
The Hobbit Movie Promotions Can't Post

Hi Folks,

I'm doing a project on the Hobbit films for my school project, I'm researching the promotions Warner Bros. ran to promote the 2 hobbit films that have come out so far. I believe there was a 'Treasure Hunt' that they ran where the grand prize was attending the NZ premiere for the first film. Did any of you take part in that? Were there any other promotions that you guys took part in?

My objective is to find out what the core fans are exposed to and where/how they get their Middle-Earth fix; I'm not even sure if everybody is aware of the Treasure Hunt?

The next film, Battle of the 5 Armies, is out in Dec. If there was an online contest to get merchandise, tickets to preview screenings, etc., would you guys go for it?

ANY kind of feedback would be appreciated, I can't promise a trip to NZ, but my project can certainly make it to the people who make key decisions so any ideas would be great!!

Thanks in advance.
Kundul.

Subject User Time
The Hobbit Movie Promotions kernul Send a private message to kernul Aug 1, 11:00am
    The Denny's Promotion Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Aug 1, 2:30pm
        I plan on going to that for sure this year. DaughterofLaketown Send a private message to DaughterofLaketown Aug 3, 5:04am
            Just be warned... Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Aug 3, 2:10pm
                I got one of each year's menus grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Aug 6, 4:12am
    Double Triple Tolkien TWednesday! Lol! Yes! ozasaurus Send a private message to ozasaurus Aug 1, 3:14pm
        Thanks! kernul Send a private message to kernul Aug 2, 11:46am
            can you link to the poll that indicted average age here was 21? // Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Aug 3, 5:15am
                Average age on this forum. kernul Send a private message to kernul Aug 3, 12:10pm
                    admittedly my math is rusty Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Aug 3, 12:17pm
                        21.16667 years kernul Send a private message to kernul Aug 3, 1:09pm
                            Errr....How about shadowdog Send a private message to shadowdog Aug 3, 2:56pm
                            how do you determine average age when people voted in a range. Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Aug 3, 5:49pm
                                21, still. kernul Send a private message to kernul Aug 4, 11:35am
                                    I suppose the other thing to remember is that "average" does not have to mean "typical" noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Aug 5, 11:39am
                            Greetings kernul, Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle Aug 5, 1:45pm
                                One confounding factor, perhaps, is that the poll is still open (so the average might move around as more people vote, and now not be what it was calculated to be before)// noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Aug 5, 4:33pm
                                    My, my, what garboil my innocent little poll has caused! // BlackFox Send a private message to BlackFox Aug 5, 5:03pm
                                        Foxes must be good at garboiling . . Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle Aug 5, 6:01pm
                                            You're welcome! BlackFox Send a private message to BlackFox Aug 5, 6:24pm
                                                Yes, you did. At first glance I thought a garboil Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle Aug 6, 1:24pm
                                                    "Baby gargoyle" BlackFox Send a private message to BlackFox Aug 6, 1:42pm
                                                        Maybe a baby *boy* gargoyle, as opposed to 'gargiyle'? Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil Aug 7, 1:42am
                                                            Hahaha! // BlackFox Send a private message to BlackFox Aug 7, 8:52am
                                Poll is still open, so the values probably changed. kernul Send a private message to kernul Aug 6, 9:58pm
                                    Ok kernul, just checked the poll and it has not changed but . . . Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle Aug 6, 11:22pm
                                    Done! // BlackFox Send a private message to BlackFox Aug 7, 8:50am
                                    Late to the thread ... DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Aug 7, 3:41pm
                                        And, actually, a quick way of validating this ... DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Aug 7, 3:59pm
                                            HOORAY! Thanks DanielLB! . . . Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle Aug 7, 4:20pm
                                            Ctrl-c >> Ctrl-v kernul Send a private message to kernul Aug 7, 8:55pm
                                                Take a couple of minutes to understand it. DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Aug 8, 6:08am
                                                Don't forget what Nowizardme pointed out, though squire Send a private message to squire Aug 8, 11:42am
                        Well that poll is Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle Aug 3, 3:25pm
                            you are not the oldest Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Aug 3, 5:53pm
                                Yaaay!! Maybe he/she will "out" him/her self and we can Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle Aug 3, 6:23pm
                                    'Who knows what evils lurk in the hearts of men.' Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil Aug 3, 7:01pm
                                        Yes you do... Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle Aug 3, 7:31pm
                                            I'm old enough to know some of these, Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor Aug 4, 3:38pm
                                                A knight without armor in a savage land ** Sing-along everybody ** Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle Aug 4, 5:42pm
            I am younger if that's important DaughterofLaketown Send a private message to DaughterofLaketown Aug 4, 2:50pm
    Hi kernul. Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Aug 1, 8:20pm
    And not forgetting to try & help with the project... noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Aug 5, 11:57am
    I haven't done many of the contests grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Aug 6, 4:24am
    Promotions dreamflower Send a private message to dreamflower Aug 7, 3:12am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.