The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Orc blood on Bilbos face!

boldog
Rohan

Aug 1 2014, 9:16am

Post #1 of 5 (892 views)
Shortcut
Orc blood on Bilbos face! Can't Post

Has anyone else noticed this? There is two shots of Bilbo in the trailer, where he has black dots smothered all over his face. The most likely thing i can think of, is that it is orc blood!

So this kind of confirms two things.
1. Bilbo will be taking part in some intense fighting. I wonder how skillful as a soldier, he will be after his adventure?
2. Blood and gore, are going to stand out more in this film, then the two previous. Everyone complained of the lack of blood, in suitable scenarios. Not even blood on blades, after going through an orcs gut! But in having Blood on the main characters face, to me, is a huge giveaway that this film wont overlook this aspect as much as its prequels.

thoughts?

I believe that Azog and Bolg are possibly the only two orcs who may be an exception to the typical evil nature of an orc. Azog had brought up his son, well enough that he actually acknowledges him as his own son. That is a first for any orc. And Bolg sets out to march upon Erebor in vengeance of his fathers death. How many orcs will Try and avenge another dead orc? Most will just forget about the dead one. This gives me hope that Orcs, have some traits of good in them, even if it is small aspects.

Spriggan
Tol Eressea

Aug 1 2014, 11:27am

Post #2 of 5 (455 views)
Shortcut
Or it's mud? [In reply to] Can't Post

shadowdog
Rohan

Aug 1 2014, 9:17pm

Post #3 of 5 (320 views)
Shortcut
That is what I thought it was [In reply to] Can't Post

mud on his face.

TnuaccayM
Bree

Aug 1 2014, 10:23pm

Post #4 of 5 (318 views)
Shortcut
There some blood on the first two too [In reply to] Can't Post

Only that it wasn't so obvious. Maybe it wasn't very important to show blood on scenes like the goblin chase. But like we saw in the battle of Moria on AUJ, The Hobbit can get quite gory, but it seems that it's just when it is explicitly necessary. In fact, that short battle was far more bloddy that anything we saw on RotK. So I think it's safe to say that we will get bloody swords and faces on TBotFA ;)

dormouse
Half-elven

Aug 1 2014, 10:57pm

Post #5 of 5 (302 views)
Shortcut
I think his face is just dirty // [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.