New Fantastic Pic of the Dwarfs!

Kili Son of Dis
The Shire

Jul 31 2014, 10:05am

Post #1 of 21 (4433 views)
Shortcut
New Fantastic Pic of the Dwarfs! Can't Post

Hello everyone!

Assuming that they are days that I think the trailer, I see it and I see him and I get excited more and more! I wish it came in December now!

http://38.media.tumblr.com/907ad8268b9cfcb2401dcbcb94594393/tumblr_n9jmmbRNNx1sml467o1_500.jpg

I found this fantastic new pictures around on Facebook! I love it, especially the armor of the Dwarves and the pose in which they are shown! I have the impression that Fili and Kili in TBOTFA will have a huge role (I'm very very happy) and I also like to see more Ori so we say "mature" and changed towards the end of the trip!
These photos are wonderful, and denote also emphasize the change of the characters during the trip, clothes and expression are the visual evidence of us fans!

what do you think?

"Many who live deserve death, and many of those that die deserve life. You are able to assess, Frodo? Do not be too eager to bestow death and judgment. Even the wisest do not know all the outcomes."

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 31 2014, 10:07am

Post #2 of 21 (3654 views)
Shortcut
Seems to be the scene... [In reply to] Can't Post

... in which they take off their armour?!

Clickable: http://38.media.tumblr.com/...NNx1sml467o1_500.jpg

Aren't these armour pieces on the ground that they wore in the teaser walking by Thorin and Bilbo?

What would make them take them off right outside Erebor?

Might Thorin stop the madness of risking a war with Thranduil and Bard at the very last second? Could be, but why would they take off their armour right there... also, they still look aggressive and holding their weapons.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Jul 31 2014, 10:16am)

Kili Son of Dis
The Shire

Jul 31 2014, 10:15am

Post #3 of 21 (3483 views)
Shortcut
Thanks.. [In reply to] Can't Post

..for making clickable link Arannir!

Yes I thought the same thing about me too it! I think they are in Erebor and looking around the setting and the expressions of the Dwarves, there seems to have been just a prelude to the battle! I also believe that the armor they have in this picture, held under the armor that we saw in the trailer, just before the battle!

"Many who live deserve death, and many of those that die deserve life. You are able to assess, Frodo? Do not be too eager to bestow death and judgment. Even the wisest do not know all the outcomes."

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 31 2014, 10:18am

Post #4 of 21 (3489 views)
Shortcut
It is going to be interesting... [In reply to] Can't Post

... to see why they take it off.

I have edited in one option above.

A second one would be that especially Fili and Kili want to be more flexible.

But having them take it on at first and then off again would be an incredibly ridculous time-wasting with no story-purpose whatsoever.

There must be another reason...

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Kili Son of Dis
The Shire

Jul 31 2014, 10:24am

Post #5 of 21 (3462 views)
Shortcut
I think.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Fili, Kili, Bofur, and Oin come to Erebor with the garments that we saw in "The Desolation of Smaug"! And then, inside the mountain, they will put these temporary reinforcement! As Thorin that in the promotional images and some of the trailer wearing a leather outfit and then before the battle, the armor!

dormouse
Half-elven

Jul 31 2014, 10:37am

Post #6 of 21 (3476 views)
Shortcut
OK - here's a wild guess... [In reply to] Can't Post

When Thorin declares war in the trailer Kili is behind him looking pretty upset about it.

Could it be that the aftermath of that is that some/ all of the other dwarves try to change his mind - or just tell him no, they won't have war? At least, put up more of an argument that they do in the book, where they are unhappy, but say nothing. I think Kili is looking more rebellious than aggressive in this new photo.

And then, at some point, "Will you follow me, one last time....'

Mind you, I'm not convinced right now that those pieces of armour are the same ones they're wearing in the trailer. There's probably an Erebor armoury with armour scattered about.

The idea of a scene where they take off their armour bothers me because practically it's a difficult and clumsy thing to do. They'd have to help one another, it would take several minutes and wouldn't look very effective. I think it's unlikely to happen. I also think Peter Jackson won't want to waste that image from the book of Thorin and his company charging from the Mountain, thorin looking every inch a king in his armour.

No idea, just guessing, good photo!

(This post was edited by dormouse on Jul 31 2014, 10:42am)

Shagrat
Gondor

Jul 31 2014, 10:39am

Post #7 of 21 (3492 views)
Shortcut
Seems I was right unfortunately (re. the 'Kili's Armour' thread) [In reply to] Can't Post

I expect they'll wear the armour for show in front of Bard and co, and when they go back inside decide against war (perhaps this is where the split comes, as some decide not to follow Thorin). To me it seems silly and nonsensical that they'll go to all that effort and take it off again, especially since they go to battle anyway, and will be left all the more vulnerable for it. And I can see the questions now: "Why didn't they leave their armour on? Had they done so then certain things may not have happened..."

It's disappointing to think they won't emerge for battle in that fantastic looking armour, but all the evidence is stacking up now. Until I see a shot of our heroes fighting in their full armour, I'll fear the worst.

(This post was edited by Shagrat on Jul 31 2014, 10:44am)

Elarie
Grey Havens

Jul 31 2014, 12:50pm

Post #8 of 21 (3336 views)
Shortcut
Nice picture [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you. As for the different types of armor - in the book the dwarves spend quite a lot of time inside Erebor before the battle - standing watch, yelling at people from the balcony, etc. There will probably be some good reason in the movie why we see them in different types of armor at different times, and I'm so looking forward to seeing all of it! Smile

And once again the world has not arranged itself just for me.

Boromir Stark
Rivendell

Jul 31 2014, 1:11pm

Post #9 of 21 (3318 views)
Shortcut
Anyone else think... [In reply to] Can't Post

that Fili's gear looks a little bit like Boromir's?

Boromir Stark
Rivendell

Jul 31 2014, 1:18pm

Post #10 of 21 (3319 views)
Shortcut
Maybe I've missed something... [In reply to] Can't Post

but can someone please explain to me where all the talk about putting armour on, taking armour off is coming from?

The trailer shows them in lighter gear at various points, and then in one clip shows them in heavier armour, marching.

I gathered from this scene that they are dressed for war and are preparing to run out of Erebor and join the battle. All the scenes that show them wearing lighter gear, therefore, obviously happen prior to this, no?

Where's the confusion? Or have I missed something?

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 31 2014, 1:20pm

Post #11 of 21 (3315 views)
Shortcut
There are glimpses... [In reply to] Can't Post

... of Kili without the heavy armour at Ravenhill in the teaser.

The light and editing of the teaser suggests that it is during the battle - though there is, of course, no confirmation on this.

Boromir Stark
Rivendell

Jul 31 2014, 1:41pm

Post #12 of 21 (3280 views)
Shortcut
Ah ok, gotcha! [In reply to] Can't Post

Could it be then that the scene of Kili on Ravenhill comes after the Ice Chariot scene? I'm sure it's been suggested several times that the Dwarves are likely heading to Ravenhill in that scene, to send word to Dain?

Perhaps when they get there they find Bolg waiting on them, as he scouts ahead of the main orc host? Fili and Kili could hold him off while the other Dwarves send off word to Dain. It would help build towards them meeting again later during the battle, which I reckon is inevitable, as I think Bolg will be the one that kills the brothers.

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 31 2014, 1:46pm

Post #13 of 21 (3271 views)
Shortcut
Not sure. [In reply to] Can't Post

I think the Bolg shot in the teaser really is from the battle... the lightning there seems to indicate it very much, at least.

I also wonder where the chariot is headed to - it must be either Ravenhill or Dale (to negotiate). However, the wargs are already there so there must already be some form of awareness that something Evil is coming?! Or could they even follow Bilbo and bring him back to Erebor after he tried to ransom the Arkenstone?

I guess with the information we have this is all impossible to answer.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Jul 31 2014, 1:54pm

Post #14 of 21 (3281 views)
Shortcut
I'm probably not remembering this right (book spoiler) [In reply to] Can't Post

But in the book I believe that they were about to go to war against Bard and Thranduil, when they got word that the Orc army was coming. In fact, there's that pivotal scene where Bilbo decides to take the Arkenstone, and uses his ring to sneak out, in an attempt to stop it. Anyway, it's possible that they armored up to (reluctantly) go fight Bard, but had to change plans when they learned of the Orcs. I think they built reinforced walls, and in the trailer they are definitely raising a statute. So yeah, they probably took the armor off for that, my guess anyway.

Old Toby
Grey Havens

Jul 31 2014, 3:09pm

Post #15 of 21 (3234 views)
Shortcut
Beautiful shot! [In reply to] Can't Post

I love this pic! Thanks for posting. I love the look of both Fili and Kili. They have a royal bearing, and the look of the kings they would have become. Sigh. And re: all the speculation about the armour at their feet - looks to me like they are getting ready to put the stuff on and go to war. Yup. I'm with the dwarves all the way! (Now if only Thorin had been in the shot, it would have been perfect! LOL!)

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 31 2014, 3:26pm

Post #16 of 21 (3214 views)
Shortcut
Ditto [In reply to] Can't Post

And again, after reading how real soldiers would often dump their armor during a campaign re the weight - either pieces of it or all of it - if I was about to be overrun and things were degenerating into a guerrilla-type fight where I would have to be climbing a lot - I'd dump the plate armour too. Chain maille IS a kind of armour, tho from what I read less effective than plate, but less restrictive of course.

Love this image - echoes what DO and AT say in the WETA book re how Fili and Kili change re the journey, that by Laketown they understand. *sigh*

Thanks to the OP for posting!!!!!HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Jul 31 2014, 9:11pm

Post #17 of 21 (3127 views)
Shortcut
You shouldn't [In reply to] Can't Post

Richard Armitage has, in more than one interview, referenced a moment when the Dwarves all come out fighting in the "armor to end all armors", when asked for his opinion of moments that will amaze audiences.

Here, for example:

http://collider.com/richard-armitage-the-hobbit-interview/

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Jul 31 2014, 9:53pm

Post #18 of 21 (3139 views)
Shortcut
Wow! blinded by how gorgeous Aidan Turner looks. [In reply to] Can't Post

Is his hair sparkling?! Cool

Old Toby
Grey Havens

Aug 1 2014, 4:49am

Post #19 of 21 (3073 views)
Shortcut
yeah, he gets it from his uncle [In reply to] Can't Post

You know, the spectacularly majestic hair thing. The enemies of Kili and Thorin would take one look at them and die of envy! Death by Hair Envy. I suspect that's the real reason Azog has it in for Thorin! Wink

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

Kim
Valinor

Aug 1 2014, 4:55am

Post #20 of 21 (3065 views)
Shortcut
Death by Hair Envy [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, that has long been my theory regarding Azog's singular hatred for Thorin. I have a feeling a lot of orcs are going to be dropping like flies during the battle for this very reason. Well that, and Thorin's overall epic majesticness.

“Will you follow me, one last time?”

Kili Son of Dis
The Shire

Aug 1 2014, 11:23am

Post #21 of 21 (3036 views)
Shortcut
I personally.. [In reply to] Can't Post

really like the fact that Peter Jackson has focused much of Fili and Kili in the film version. Of course the attention of viewers is projected on Bilbo, Gandalf and Thorin, but the dynamics of the Dwarves as characters level character and a standpoint family (family tree) have fascinated me from the first moment in which the cast took form.

We revisited some of the Dwarves in appearance, but the visions that are in the imagination for me, there can be! Who is that today, for example, has changed his mind positively on Kili? I remember that very often the criticism came from the beard, but if we analyze the character even talking about clothes, armor, the way she wears her hair we can certainly make it a Nano. As for the beard, maybe it would have caused more is true, but I believe that the vision of PJ is one of a breed that is very different from the men agree, but what makes the difference is basically the stature and physique .

Among other things, during the SDCC, when it was made to see though not perfectly, the banner image with Thorin, Fili and Kili, I had the impression at least that far from Kili had a long beard. Better control is perhaps not as well as an example of the images of the trailer. Personally, I hope to still see the beard a little longer than Kili during the Battle of the 5 Armies, the other would be a great idea if the PJ put in place!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.