Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
I'll give it a try.

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 30, 11:08pm

Views: 74
Shortcut
I'll give it a try. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's been a while since my last complete reread, so we'll see how I do...

1. What day of the week was September the 22nd S.R. 1401, Bilbo’s 111th birthday?
a) Tuesday

2. Where was it that Sam’s cousin Hal saw a “walking elm tree”? Away beyond...
c) … the North Moors

3. Where did Frodo, Sam, and Pippin first encounter a Black Rider?
d) In the Woody End

4. What were the names of Farmer Maggot’s dogs?
b) Grip, Fang and Wolf

5. What was the first thing Frodo, Sam, and Pippin did after arriving at Crickhollow?
c) Took a bath

6. What is the name of the river that runs through the Old Forest?
d) Withywindle

7. What sound did Merry hear in his sleep in the house of Tom Bombadil during their first night there?
c) The sound of tree branches creaking

8. What did the Barrow-wight say to Frodo before capturing him?
a) “I am waiting for you!”

9. How did Frodo explain his visit to Bree to the local hobbits?
c) He told them he was thinking about writing a book and was there to collect information about hobbits living outside the Shire

10. What did Gandalf threaten to do to Barliman Butterbur should he forget to send Gandalf’s letter to Frodo?
b) Roast him

11. What is the name of the forest on the border of Bree?
a) Chetwood

12. What is the Westron name of Bruinen?
c) Loudwater

13. Whom did Bilbo’s poem he recited in the Hall of Fire speak of?
b) Eärendil

14. Which one of these names did Saruman not give to Radagast?
a) Radagast the Bird-lover

15. How is Caradhras called in Khuzdul?
d) Zirak-zigil

16. “The wolf that one hears is worse than the orc that one fears.” Whom does this line belong to?
d) Gimli

17. What does the Orkish word ghâsh stand for?
c) “fire”

18. Haldir had two brothers: Rúmil and …
c) Oropher

19. What was the first thing Frodo saw in the Mirror of Galadriel?
c) Stars

20. What was Galadriel’s gift to Boromir?
b) A golden belt

21. What name was Tol Brandir also known by?
d) Tindrock

22. Who speaks the last line in the book?
d) Sam

Silverlode

Want a LOTR Anniversary footer of your own? Get one here!

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zâram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nâla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dűm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

Subject User Time
***THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING 60TH ANNIVERSARY QUIZ*** BlackFox Send a private message to BlackFox Jul 29, 8:26am
    Ok, I'll give a go Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle Jul 29, 11:06am
    Guess it's time to read the book again! weaver Send a private message to weaver Jul 29, 6:46pm
        You forgot the last one! // BlackFox Send a private message to BlackFox Jul 29, 6:51pm
            Whoops! Thanks for the heads up... weaver Send a private message to weaver Jul 29, 8:08pm
    Here goes... zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Jul 30, 12:35am
    Yikes! It's been years... SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Jul 30, 1:38am
    Ooh! A challenge! dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Jul 30, 1:56am
    Oooo... these are really good!!!! *wipes sweat from brow* grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 30, 5:36pm
    I'll give it a try. Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Jul 30, 11:08pm
    Straining my brain BallyWhooo Send a private message to BallyWhooo Aug 1, 2:26am
    Correct answers BlackFox Send a private message to BlackFox Aug 1, 9:19am
        Results BlackFox Send a private message to BlackFox Aug 1, 9:23am
            On what planet does 4/22 earn a "well done?" SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Aug 1, 4:06pm
                Well, it was either that or public shaming. ;) // BlackFox Send a private message to BlackFox Aug 1, 5:39pm
    Here goes nothing... joec_34 Send a private message to joec_34 Aug 7, 4:50pm
        Thanks for playing! BlackFox Send a private message to BlackFox Aug 7, 5:07pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.