New Trailer for Christopher Nolan's Interstellar looks phenomenal

tsmith675
Gondor

Jul 30 2014, 6:09pm

Post #1 of 18 (1075 views)
Shortcut
New Trailer for Christopher Nolan's Interstellar looks phenomenal Can't Post

http://www.interstellarmovie.com/index-intl.php

Go to the official movie website and type in the access code 7201969. Yes, the date of the moon landing.

This looks like it could be one of the best Science Fiction films in recent memory. It looks absolutely beautiful. I have thoroughly enjoyed all of Christopher Nolan's films so far, and this looks like it could be up there with his best. I highly recommend checking it out.

Our destiny lies above us.

BilboBagshot187
Rivendell

Jul 30 2014, 7:10pm

Post #2 of 18 (1005 views)
Shortcut
Was just about to post this [In reply to] Can't Post

I totally agree with your comments, this looks incredible! the cinematography is beautiful and from what I gather the effects are mainly practical, real sets ect. its got a real 2001 vibe about it and really looks like it could be a landmark in sci fi. Iv'e loved all of Nolan's films apart from The Dark knight Rises which I still liked but thought it was his weakest. After TBOTFA this is definitely my most anticipated film for this year.

'Everywhere I lie theres a dirty great root sticking into my back!'

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 30 2014, 7:21pm

Post #3 of 18 (1003 views)
Shortcut
If the script is good... [In reply to] Can't Post

... this could go through the roof... and with it the chances for any technical awards for Bot5A, imho.

But that homepage and player is surely horrible :D

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Jul 30 2014, 7:23pm)

tsmith675
Gondor

Jul 30 2014, 7:30pm

Post #4 of 18 (993 views)
Shortcut
The homepage is actually really interesting... [In reply to] Can't Post

It's been up for about a week I think and the picture changes slightly every day. The first day it was bright and sunny, now it's starting to get worse. It's to show the Earth's decline in the film's universe. It's actually pretty cool to follow.

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 30 2014, 7:31pm

Post #5 of 18 (991 views)
Shortcut
I rather meant getting the trailer to run ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

tsmith675
Gondor

Jul 30 2014, 7:39pm

Post #6 of 18 (986 views)
Shortcut
Oh yeah, it was. [In reply to] Can't Post

They've put it on YouTube since I posted this. I'm sure it's much easier to watch there now Tongue

BilboBagshot187
Rivendell

Jul 30 2014, 7:39pm

Post #7 of 18 (993 views)
Shortcut
Empire online have a direct link to the trailer video [In reply to] Can't Post

Here...

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=41786

Wink

Ardamírë
Valinor

Jul 30 2014, 7:48pm

Post #8 of 18 (993 views)
Shortcut
I think it looks boring [In reply to] Can't Post

The visuals look stunning, but the story just looks pretty bland to me. I might see it at some point, but probably not in theaters.

tsmith675
Gondor

Jul 30 2014, 8:06pm

Post #9 of 18 (989 views)
Shortcut
Curious... [In reply to] Can't Post

Have you read the official synopsis, or are you just going by the trailer?

Owain
Tol Eressea

Jul 30 2014, 8:41pm

Post #10 of 18 (986 views)
Shortcut
Yes. This is at the top of my list for this year... [In reply to] Can't Post

next to The Hobbit and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Love the new trailer!

Smile

Middle Earth is New Zealand!

"Question everything, embrace the bad, and hold on to the good."

phij2
Rivendell

Jul 30 2014, 9:31pm

Post #11 of 18 (972 views)
Shortcut
now this... [In reply to] Can't Post

looks like it might be worth a cinema visit..Smile

cats16
Half-elven

Jul 31 2014, 4:09am

Post #12 of 18 (959 views)
Shortcut
Really eager to see this. [In reply to] Can't Post

So much potential for this; I hope Nolan hits it out of the water.

Sunflower
Valinor

Jul 31 2014, 9:47am

Post #13 of 18 (956 views)
Shortcut
Same here [In reply to] Can't Post

though I must be in the minority and hope the story concentrates more on the events on Earth than the fantasy element set in space. Sorry, when America's idea of manned interstellar flight being Amazon's Jeff Bezos planning to mine Jupiter asteroids for minerals (ie corporate profit, shades of Avatar, anyone?) instead of publicly funded governmental research dedicated to the improvement of scientific knowledge, and the Chinese planning a moon flight for purely egotistical reasons, I don't see the film's premise coming true any time soon...

tsmith675
Gondor

Jul 31 2014, 11:48am

Post #14 of 18 (953 views)
Shortcut
Yes I agree. [In reply to] Can't Post

And that makes me sad. Not many seem to care about knowledge as much as $$$

Owain
Tol Eressea

Jul 31 2014, 3:22pm

Post #15 of 18 (948 views)
Shortcut
I'd like to think Elon Musk is America's idea of manned interstellar flight. [In reply to] Can't Post

He seems to be one of the few making active strides in the advancement of space travel technology... not to mention a viable electric car for all us peeps down here on earth.

Smile

Ardamírë
Valinor

Jul 31 2014, 4:07pm

Post #16 of 18 (941 views)
Shortcut
I have not read it. [In reply to] Can't Post

But I've now watched both this trailer and the previous teaser, and neither of them looks interesting to me.

BilboBagshot187
Rivendell

Jul 31 2014, 8:23pm

Post #17 of 18 (937 views)
Shortcut
Matthew Mcconaughey [In reply to] Can't Post

Is another reason I am so excited about this, I don't know if anyone else has seen him in True Detective and Dallas buyers club but he is absolutely amazing in both and right now he is on an incredible run.

Owain
Tol Eressea

Aug 1 2014, 6:18am

Post #18 of 18 (923 views)
Shortcut
True Detectives was fantastic. [In reply to] Can't Post

DBC is on my list to see.

Check out Mud, if you have not already. Another great Matthew McConaughey movie.

And yes, Interstellar looks to be like another great film by Christopher Nolan. I can't wait for that one.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.