Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Speculation on death (Possible Spoilers)

redgiraffe
Rohan

Jul 30, 1:47pm

Views: 805
Shortcut
Speculation on death (Possible Spoilers) Can't Post

I don't think this is really anything major. I don't know why I thought of this idea. I guess it just kind of popped into my head. But I've got this feeling that Thorin might die saving Bilbo from almost being killed. I wouldn't be that surprised if the filmmakers were to change it like that because it would kind of come full circle from Bilbo saving Thorin at the end of film one, and would also show a slight redemption on Thorin's part at the end. I haven't really thought about what that would mean as far as being true to Thorin's character in the book. I'm not saying I like the idea or dislike it. I'm just simply speculating that it might be a possibility.

So what is everyone's thoughts on that? Do you think the filmmakers might do something like that? What would be your reaction to seeing Thorin get mortally wounded trying to save Bilbo?

-Sir are you classified as human
-Negative, I am a meat-popsicle

Subject User Time
Speculation on death (Possible Spoilers) redgiraffe Send a private message to redgiraffe Jul 30, 1:47pm
    Yep Shagrat Send a private message to Shagrat Jul 30, 1:56pm
    I was thinking it might be something like that - Hanzkaz Jul 30, 2:09pm
    Well.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Jul 30, 2:30pm
        I'm assuming that if it was Thorin - Hanzkaz Jul 30, 4:40pm
    Please, no. Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jul 30, 2:51pm
        To be honest, I wouldn't want to see Fili or Kili die that way either... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Jul 30, 3:24pm
            Yeah, I'd rather it not be Kili or Fili either Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jul 30, 3:41pm
            onlooker redgiraffe Send a private message to redgiraffe Jul 30, 7:29pm
                I suppose the thing is.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Jul 30, 7:57pm
                    I agree Ham_Sammy Send a private message to Ham_Sammy Jul 30, 8:58pm
        Oh geez redgiraffe Send a private message to redgiraffe Jul 30, 7:26pm
    Sound possible to me minnymomo Send a private message to minnymomo Jul 30, 4:08pm
    Bilbo getting "knocked out" in a movie will not work Nolane Send a private message to Nolane Jul 30, 4:43pm
        Purist? Moi?.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Jul 30, 5:42pm
            LOL... and I agree with you.// mae govannen Send a private message to mae govannen Jul 31, 4:05am
    it seems to me that we will be amazed Rickster Send a private message to Rickster Jul 30, 11:12pm
    Saving Bilbo would be cliched ElendilTheShort Send a private message to ElendilTheShort Jul 31, 12:50am
        That would work very nicely... Eleniel Send a private message to Eleniel Jul 31, 7:11am
            Agreed. Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Jul 31, 7:39am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.