The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
HD Screencaps from Battle of Five Armies teaser trailer

DarkJackal
Rohan

Jul 30 2014, 1:05pm

Post #1 of 14 (2164 views)
Shortcut
HD Screencaps from Battle of Five Armies teaser trailer Can't Post

Sorry, long time no post, but I wanted to share a set of screenshots taken from the highest quality video I've been able to find - for the detail obsessed (which is most of you).

http://thorinoakenshield.net/...-trailer-screencaps/

The Hobbit Photo Gallery

Macfeast
Rohan

Jul 30 2014, 1:08pm

Post #2 of 14 (1586 views)
Shortcut
Fantastic job, as always. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 30 2014, 1:10pm

Post #3 of 14 (1619 views)
Shortcut
Those Legolas looks... [In reply to] Can't Post

... will surely soon been used for gifs all over the place to capture his reactions when he spots Justin Bieber ;)

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 30 2014, 1:17pm

Post #4 of 14 (1605 views)
Shortcut
Thank you DarkJackal. [In reply to] Can't Post

Visually, it's a beautiful trailer. Here are my favourites:

Laketown burning and from afar.

The ethereal Galadriel and Gandalf

Our heroes lined up - poor Bofur

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Jul 30 2014, 1:18pm)

Spalko
Rivendell

Jul 30 2014, 1:19pm

Post #5 of 14 (1589 views)
Shortcut
My favourites too. [In reply to] Can't Post

And thanks, DarkJackal

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Jul 30 2014, 1:21pm

Post #6 of 14 (1577 views)
Shortcut
̀ine: [In reply to] Can't Post

1)Refugees and the burning Laketown
2)The Battle Rams Heart

"You cannot find peace by avoiding life"

dormouse
Half-elven

Jul 30 2014, 1:43pm

Post #7 of 14 (1548 views)
Shortcut
Excellent. DarkJackal, thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

My favourites are pretty much the same as Daniel's, plus

this (because it intrigues me)

this

this and this for colour, lighting and atmosphere...

Could go on, won't. It's an amazing trailer

smtfhw
Lorien

Jul 30 2014, 2:02pm

Post #8 of 14 (1516 views)
Shortcut
Thank you!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Heart

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jul 30 2014, 2:21pm

Post #9 of 14 (1490 views)
Shortcut
Wonderful! Thank you! // [In reply to] Can't Post

“Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” - Henry David Thoreau

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jul 30 2014, 2:40pm

Post #10 of 14 (1485 views)
Shortcut
DJ you are A..a..A GEM among "lesser Stones"... [In reply to] Can't Post

Question?
Where do you usually GO to GET
the Highest Quality?

WB, YouTUBE? PJ's FB page?

just curious..

"You Bow to
NO one"

(A SuperFan of DJ)

(This post was edited by Bombadil on Jul 30 2014, 2:41pm)

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Jul 30 2014, 3:59pm

Post #11 of 14 (1465 views)
Shortcut
Definitely three dwarves in the chariot [In reply to] Can't Post

The one standing in back has grey hair - most likely Balin, but could be Dori I suppose. Definitely see one of the drivers in front is bald, so pretty sure that's Dwalin, and then in one pic the third driver has a bow, so I'm pretty sure that's Kili. Sounds kind of like a Roman lineup, at least if you go by "Gladiator" - not sure how accurate THAT movie was. I'm thinking they're trying to contact Dain, but I haven't read anything to confirm that.

Aitieuriskon
Lorien

Jul 30 2014, 4:58pm

Post #12 of 14 (1428 views)
Shortcut
The chariot [In reply to] Can't Post

Interesting that you see the Roman connection.

Believe it or not, the Gladiator-esque scythes attached to the wheels are probably the least Roman thing about it. The Roman's didn't put scythes on their chariots (they're terribly impractical).

The repeating ballista mounted up front is actually the most Roman thing about the contraption! I'm interested to see how they make use of that.

On the whole, the vehicle resembles a big goat-drawn steel tank more than a chariot, but these are dwarves, after all!

"After all, I believe that legends and myths are largely made of 'truth', and indeed present aspects of it that can only be received in this mode; and long ago certain truths and modes of this kind were discovered and must always reappear." Professor Tolkien, 1951

TheSexyBeard
Lorien

Jul 30 2014, 10:07pm

Post #13 of 14 (1346 views)
Shortcut
Awesome Screen grabs [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for sharing them,

Some stuff I think might be noteworthy:

As Gandalf goes through the Lake Town camp, you can see members of the Lake Town Guard who seem to be training civilians: http://heirsofdurin.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/thtbotfa_tlrf1_contest_oven_1080_1080p-mov_000017976.jpg

You can also see a Lake Town Guard charing behind Bard here: https://heirsofdurin.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/thtbotfa_tlrf1_contest_oven_1080_1080p-mov_000083875.jpg

It's hard to tell but (to me anyway) Fili, Kili, Bofur and Oin look like they're wearing their pre Laketown clothes (or something similar at least): http://heirsofdurin.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/thtbotfa_tlrf1_contest_oven_1080_1080p-mov_000033366.jpg

Behind Bofur, Nori and another dwarf, (Dori? Gloin?) are wearing big helmets. I wonder how Nori got his over his hair? Tongue: https://heirsofdurin.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/thtbotfa_tlrf1_contest_oven_1080_1080p-mov_000052469.jpg

Thorin's company in their new gear, have reverted back to their original colours (Balin red, Dwalin Green etc): https://heirsofdurin.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/thtbotfa_tlrf1_contest_oven_1080_1080p-mov_000093051.jpg

Yes, my username is terrible.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 31 2014, 7:46am

Post #14 of 14 (1292 views)
Shortcut
TORn forum avatars made from trailer screencaps. [In reply to] Can't Post

I've made a bunch of TORn forum avatars for eveyone to use from these trailer screencaps. I would recommend downloading to your own computer (right click - save images as ...) and then follow Magpie's instructions to put it in your profile. No re-sizing required.

You can find other social media banners and icons here.

Enjoy! Smile

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.