Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Bolg, Bilbo and Kili (possible spoilers)

FaramirAndEowynMorningStar
Rohan

Jul 30 2014, 10:14am

Post #1 of 10 (3910 views)
Shortcut
Bolg, Bilbo and Kili (possible spoilers) Can't Post

As you recall, in the trailer, we see Bolg moving towards someone which the trailer implies to be Bilbo.
I believe it is actually Kili, though I daresay Bolg charges towards Bilbo but is stopped by Kili, or Bilbo watches in horror at Kili fighting Bolg [I am guessing Kili survives as he is not in his proper army gear yet].
In all three of these clips, there is the same lighting and weather, so they must tie up together eventually.

Of course, this is merely speculation, and I know it is very early to predict anything. Wink Any thoughts on it?

..The Lord of Silver Fountains
.....The King of Carven Stone
..The King Under the Mountain
.......Shall come into his own

..And the bells will ring in gladness
......At the Mountain King's return
..But all shall fail in sadness
....And the lake will shine and burn

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 30 2014, 10:19am

Post #2 of 10 (3170 views)
Shortcut
Wow... [In reply to] Can't Post

... Bolg looks amazing in this shot.

Other than that... this may indeed be footage surrounding Kili's death. Maybe he loses his armour at some point? Takes it off because it is too heavy?

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

boldog
Rohan

Jul 30 2014, 10:21am

Post #3 of 10 (3138 views)
Shortcut
Exactly what I think [In reply to] Can't Post

Though I believe, this is around the climax of the battle, and is actually Kili possibly fighting Bolg, in defense of Bilbo. Also I believe this will be the final scene of Kili Frown
And my Guess is that it is all happening on Ravenhill.

I believe that Azog and Bolg are possibly the only two orcs who may be an exception to the typical evil nature of an orc. Azog had brought up his son, well enough that he actually acknowledges him as his own son. That is a first for any orc. And Bolg sets out to march upon Erebor in vengeance of his fathers death. How many orcs will Try and avenge another dead orc? Most will just forget about the dead one. This gives me hope that Orcs, have some traits of good in them, even if it is small aspects.

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Jul 30 2014, 10:27am

Post #4 of 10 (3138 views)
Shortcut
Now i noticed [In reply to] Can't Post

that shot of Bolg and he looks great ,even better than DOS.

"You cannot find peace by avoiding life"

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Jul 30 2014, 10:32am

Post #5 of 10 (3116 views)
Shortcut
at first [In reply to] Can't Post

i loved the Bolg design planned for Conan Stevens.

But now i too realized, that just wouldnt have fitted into these movies. The way he looks in this shot is perfect. Well done and a good decision.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 30 2014, 10:55am

Post #6 of 10 (3111 views)
Shortcut
The CGI on ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Both Bolg and Azog improved in their respective second movie. I've never even noticed those iron plates in his chest!

adt100
Rohan

Jul 30 2014, 11:23am

Post #7 of 10 (3078 views)
Shortcut
Definitely plausbile, although.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Have to bear in mind that in almost every trailer they always intercut 2 scenes that give the impression of one character talking to, or interacting with another, when in reality the dialogue action may be in completely different parts of the film and not at all related. What he trailer implies is quite possibly not the scenario that plays out.. they like to keep us guessing ;)

Kelly of Water's Edge
Rohan

Jul 30 2014, 6:07pm

Post #8 of 10 (2940 views)
Shortcut
Nah, I don't think so. [In reply to] Can't Post

I think Fili and Kili dying together in defense of their uncle (either immediately before or immediately after his own fatal wounding) is one of the iconic mental images of the novel even though it's dealt with very briefly and almost as a flashback as it were, so I don't think they'll change that and break off Kili from Thorin by having him notice Bilbo in trouble.

Rickster
Rohan

Jul 30 2014, 11:11pm

Post #9 of 10 (2874 views)
Shortcut
I think Bolg kills the Dwarfs [In reply to] Can't Post

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Aug 1 2014, 11:50am

Post #10 of 10 (2816 views)
Shortcut
While i still wish they had gone with prosthetics [In reply to] Can't Post

for all the orcs, the Bolg design is actually pretty good. If they'd ditched Azog entirely, and just had the Bolg that's in the film, and combined the two story lines, i'd have been perfectly fine with it. As it is, it's all just a muddle, and we get an Azog (who shouldn't even be there) that's straight out of some lame video game.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.